Bella Luna Restaurant
4632 Eastern Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45226Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bella Luna Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellalunacincy.com/
- Phone: (513) 871-5862
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday & Sunday: 4:30 p.m. - 9 p.m., Wednesday & Thursday: 4:30 p.m. - 10 p.m., Friday & Saturday: 4:30 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alfio Gulisano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a private room that will accommodate up to 36. We specialize in rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, birthdays and anniversaries.
- Entertainment: Friday Nights from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. featuring the Bluebirds. A blend of jazz, standards and blues.
Live music every weekend.
- Special Events: Enjoy half-priced bottles of wine every Wednesday during our Wine Down Wednesday events. Bella Luna frequently offers special events such as Wine, Women & Song, the perfect girl's night out, and Pizza & A Pitcher, where guests enjoy a delicious Bella Luna 16-inch pizza with two toppings and their choice of either a pitcher of one of our craft beers or a carafe of Italian red wine for just $27.50 every Friday and Saturday night.
Now offering Harry's Hellsapoppin Happy Hour Tuesday through Sunday. Join each day for specials on appetizers and drinks, 4:30 to 7:00, bar area only.
90 Point Happy Hour, available on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Four wines that have scored 90 points or higher will be offered by the glass. The wines will change based on availability and will be offered in the bar area only. Try something new!
A word from Bella Luna Restaurant
Tired of the same old cookie cutter restaurant? Bella Luna is fun, funky and eclectic! Choose from one of four unique dining rooms, sample authentic Italian dishes made from family recipes, check out the unique wine program and make sure to save room for dessert! The Bread Pudding with Amaretto Butter Sauce has won the prestigious Best of Taste Award at the Taste of Cincinnati! Owner Harry Stephens greets you at the table and will tell you about the menu and his family. Need a space for a party or meeting? Bella Luna can provide both the space and service for your event. Enjoy great hand tossed New York Style Pizza, give this great pie a try! Come to Bella Luna a stranger, leave as part of the family!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bella Luna Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Bella Luna Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (114)special occasion (112)romantic (89)fit for foodies (82)good for groups (70)notable wine list (66)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (22)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (3)Show More
- First time. We Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2014Tried Bella Luna for the first time tonight. Food was fabulous and the service was also. It was a loud but festive atmosphere. Special occasion place for us. Without drinks, we spent $130 for three people. This included the tip but still a bit pricey for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2014A lovely relaxed atmosphere, great menu choices...we enjoyed the rabbit and shrimp scampi. Good wine list and friendly and helpful server. Thank you for a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinning experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014New favorite. Love the history of the restaurant. Incredible food topped only by the superior service. A true gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.JCBWfavDined on 11/23/2014Great place and one we will be adding to our list of special restaurants to frequent. The menu is a nice size, not overwhelming. The choices are atypical and every time I order I'm happy with my choice. The wine list is very good and reasonable. The decor is unique and interesting. The owner's Italian heritage is obvious and makes this place very special. We have sent many friends and family there for dinner and everyone loves it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good food and service with one exceptionAdventure0077Dined on 11/16/2014My recent dinner with 3 other friends to Bella Luna was an enjoyable evening with good food and service. One disappointment however, was the Beet Salad which was $9 and was extremely small for the price. Yes, it was good but should have been half that cost considering how small it was. My eggplant lasagna was good and certainly plenty for me but my companion who is of the male gender would have liked a larger portion of his entree which was a pasta dish of which the restaurant said they had won an award (I forget the name).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageMossDined on 11/15/2014I've heard a lot of great things, but was very underwhelmed. The taste of the food was no better than what you might find at LaRosas or a similar chain that serves "Italian" food. It felt as if I was duped into thinking that I was getting a meal at a higher end restaurant because the portions were smaller, price was much higher and the wait was considerably longer. In the end, I felt as if I could have easily had better food at any other place that was a quarter of the price. Also - It was so loud in the room we were in; we could barely have a conversation. Another thing was that our table was in the room off to the right, with windows facing the parking lot -- someone pulled up with their headlights on and it was the perfect height for their lights to be shining right in our face. They sat there for at least 10 minutes; which was very annoying.
- Wonderful evening! The best bread pudding ever!luv2vacaVIPDined on 11/15/2014It was another wonderful meal. The calamari was yummy & spicy...The best bread pudding in the world!Special Features:
- Wow! What a great dinner!EileenDined on 11/15/2014We wanted to celebrate my daughter's birthday with a special treat and she'd been wanting to go to Bella Luna for a while. It was definitely worth waiting for! We had meatballs for our appetizer and they were wonderful! The bread was amazing. For dinner she had homemade Ravioli and I had Veal Parmesan. Dessert was a piece of chocolate cake that we shared (and we still took home part of it!). We had a nice Chianti with our meal and a limoncello to top it all off. Our server was wonderful and it was great to get to talk to the owner. I felt like I was having dinner in his home. We will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZinmanDined on 11/14/2014The food is usually better, but this time it was just not special and the several of our friends raviolis were not even warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceDougDined on 11/9/2014It was good. The food was good, but not special. The interior is a little rough.Special Features:
- BL Saturday NiteNotsogoodDined on 11/8/2014Have not been here for several years, food was very good and service by our server Brandy was excellent. They ran out of water glasses so they served our water in wine glasses which was classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bid DisappointmentjeffwDined on 11/7/2014We have been going to Bela Luna's since it opened 15-20 years ago. It has always been a special place with great food. But lately we have only gone every 6 to 9 months and things changed on our visit this week. The food was terrible. My wife order shrimp and pasta ($24). The shrimp were rubbery; the pasta tasteless. I had the baked ziti. The ziti used to be baked in an individual portion. The current chef must bake a whole bunch of it in one pan then dole it out per order. That transformed it from extraordinary to something I could make at home. We ate less then half the food and left it at the restaurant. The manager asked how the food was and we told her it was terrible. She was apologetic.
- Bo Daddy's birthdayBoDaddyDined on 10/28/2014Nice dinner for Bo's birthday. We enjoyed a bottle of wine and a great dinner.Special Features:
- Down home ItaliandocwestDined on 10/25/2014My wife's birthday is in late October, so we often go there for the occasion. The staff this week end was in costume, it's usually packed, everyone is friendly, low key atmosphere, and the food is great. It's family owned, and the owners, the Stephens, are there, (in costume), helping, chatting with customers, and Mr. Stephens will sing with band. He is pretty good, too. All in all, a great meal, nice folks, and a lot of personality.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian FoodJhbodle68Dined on 10/24/2014Bella Luna offers an excellent variety of Italain dishes, both traditional and updated dishes. The service is always outstanding and the the ambiance is perfect.Special Features:
- Did great for 10 of usNovicedinerDined on 10/23/2014We did a 5pm seating for 10 of us. Very good service and food. Friendly staff and quaint atmosphere. Prices were a bit high but they have cheaper options (2 large pieces of chicken parm with 2 pasta for $18 was great value).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014We get to eat here about one a year since it is on the other side of town. A real treat!Special Features:
- darkChrissyCoolDined on 10/19/2014Delicious food and extensive menu. Bring a flash light to read the menu. Very dark. Enough food for 2 meals. Save room for dessert ~ these cannot be good FOR you because they're so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LovemesomepastaDined on 10/18/2014Very cool atmosphere with fantastic food. Would recommend it to anyone. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014Although the food and service at this restaurant are top notch, the meal itself is VERY EXPENSIVE. I don't usually mind a restaurants prices being on the higher side, but the suggestive selling by the servers will really raise your tab!Special Features:
- 44th Wedding AnniversaryiamTOGDined on 10/17/2014Had to park on the street a little way up from the restaurant but really no problem. Entered into the restaurant at around 8:10 pm for our 8:30 dinner reservation, so we sat at the bar and had a beer ($2.00 each). Listened to the band and they were very good. At 8:30 on the dot we were taken to our booth for dinner. The waitress was great and congratulated us on our 44th wedding anniversary. Everything we ate from the eggplant meat balls, to the entrees of Prime Rib Cannelloni and Meat Lasagna were outstanding. For dessert we had the Bread Pudding in a vanilla sauce, it was outstanding. Near the end of our evening one of the owners came over and thanked us for spending the evening at Bella Luna and gave us a present. 5 star eveningSpecial Features:
- always deoendable!FoodkingDined on 10/17/2014I love the pork osso bucco, and the personal touch that Harry brings to the place is peerless. Nuf said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great nightMMdinersDined on 10/11/2014We had a 745 reservation, arrived at 740 and the place was packed. When the manager realized we had waited 20 minutes past our reservation time, she brought us the cocktail and wine menus, apologized, and bought us a drink. Our server was excellent and very knowledgeable about the history of the restaurant and the food. Everyone who was involved in our service was very friendly. The food was excellent and we will definitely be back. Also there was live music playing in the bar area which we could hear a little from our table which we also enjoyed.Special Features:
- StorysushieismooshieDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant has a crazy story... Apparently the owners grandmother has like 100 kids. Slight amount of exaggeration, but there were quite a few of them.Special Features:
- Great Italian FindBrianDined on 10/11/2014The decor left a little to be desired with the high back simply made seating where we were seated but it was comfortable enough. Our server, Brandy, was extremely knowledgeable, very friendly and was outstanding. We recommend asking for her as she appeared to sashay her way around the dining room. The food was superb in taste. For an appetizer we shared the brushetta. It was very good but only came with four small pieces. 6 would have been perfect. I had the Prime Rib Cannelloni while my wife had the Chicken Fiorentina. Again the food was prepared to perfection but the portion size, we thought, was just a tad a little undersized. The wine pairing was good as I selected Chianti but I did note I selected a 2008 but was served a 2010 vintage.Special Features:
- Used to love itTableforfoirVIPDined on 10/10/2014Love the food and the family, but the congestion when waiting and the slower service take away fr the experience. Friday night there was a band, a trio, which added an unnecessary amount of Noise to the congested feel of the evening in a small place. Maybe a little guitar music but I don't want to hear the band in the back dining room as I'm trying to catch up with my husband. Will go Back but will call ahead about music and whether reservations are running on timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but loudToomuchfoodDined on 10/10/2014The food and staff were fantastic. Unfortunately, our table was right outside of a large room where a very loud group was eating dinner. Several times many of the inebriated guests from the group would spill out of their room, standing directly behind me. They were so noisy it was hard to hear my date and it was as if they didn't realize people were trying to eat dinner. My date was shocked people could be so rude. Not necessarily the best for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingWhewell37Dined on 10/8/2014By far the best Italian food in the Queen City. Courteous service and fantastic atmosphere makes for a wonderful night out.Special Features:
- Special occasionsJoshDined on 10/4/2014Love going here for special occasions. Will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemmbgfoodieDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed a great evening out with friends and felt like we were at home. The restaurant has a homey, comfortable feel that makes you want to come back. The food was delicious and the desserts are amazing. You can tell that the food is prepared from scratch- this restaurant is family owned and operated, not a chain. We prefer to support local businesses, and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our favorite restaurants!bb104Dined on 10/4/2014Came this time for my birthday. Loved it. Thanks for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Our favorite Italian restaurant. Amazing food and the best service. The owner, Harry, walks around and interacts with the customers. He is a top notch person who cares for his customers at the restaurant and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014We dine at Bella Luna regularly and we are never disappointed! We had the lasagna and the seafood special and both were delicious. The staff are very friendly and attentive. The bread pudding is the best that we have found anywhere. We love the seasonal variations and this time we had the pumpkin bread pudding.....delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid italian food experienceJTDagVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great neighborhood italian restaurant. Building and fixtures are a bit dated, but the italian food was solid, and not too heavy, and the desserts were excellent. The bread pudding was wonderful, and the portabello ravioli was good, although I was a bit surprised that it did not contain peices of mushroom, but rather was prepared as part of the pasta.Special Features:
- Great Find!PJ00Dined on 10/1/2014I drive by this restaurant every day and finally decided to go in for dinner. Don't know why I waiting so long! It was amazing! Definitely something you should try!Special Features:
- Amazing foodmv616Dined on 9/27/2014I had always wanted to try Bella Luna so my husband and I went for a date night away from the kid. I excpected a "fancier" crowd but there were a lot of shorts and tshirts and jeans, which is fine if that's what they're okay with but I always thought it was a more upscale restaurant. The food was amazing. Started with the eggplant meatballs which were good - not sure I got a big eggplant flavor but still tasted great. I had the prime rib cannelloni and my husband had the pork shank - they were both incredible. We shared the dessert trio - the tiramisu and bread pudding were outstanding. Server was very friendly and prompt. Definitely going to go back!Special Features:
- mj26Dined on 9/27/2014Great service, food and welcoming by the owner Gay. Nice way to celebrate my Sister's birthday.Special Features:
- A New Favorite!BellanotteDined on 9/26/2014People from the Chicago area run the risk of being disappointed by Italian restaurants - not this time! The service was attentive without being obtrusive, the ambience was intimate and clean but not fussy and the food was terrific! The owner came by the table to ask about our experience and was friendly and interested. We will definitely recommend Bella Luna and look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very delicious!Oliveyou11Dined on 9/20/2014We've eaten here before and each time have been tremendously impressed with the selection and quality of food. The first time, we went straight back into a dining room and it was beautiful-very simple and elegant. This time we turned right into a separate dining room, which seemed a little more chaotic (plus we were sitting all around the homecoming groups which wasn't ideal for an anniversary dinner). However, the food is really amazing! We had the eggplant meatballs and bruschetta (sp?), which were both superb. I chose the prime rib cannelloni as an entree while he had the eggplant lasagna. Everything tasted amazing! Definitely check this place out.Special Features:
- So wonderful!Adddg3Dined on 9/20/2014The staff was beyond friendly, the owner and his wife greet you at some point. Food was great. All around awesome experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.