Bella Luna Restaurant
4632 Eastern Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45226Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bella Luna Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellalunacincy.com/
- Phone: 5138715862x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday & Sunday: 4:30 p.m. - 9 p.m., Wednesday & Thursday: 4:30 p.m. - 10 p.m., Friday & Saturday: 4:30 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alfio Gulisano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a private room that will accommodate up to 36. We specialize in rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, birthdays and anniversaries.
- Entertainment: Friday Nights from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. featuring the Bluebirds. A blend of jazz, standards and blues.
Live music every weekend.
- Special Events: Enjoy half-priced bottles of wine every Wednesday during our Wine Down Wednesday events. Bella Luna frequently offers special events such as Wine, Women & Song, the perfect girl's night out, and Pizza & A Pitcher, where guests enjoy a delicious Bella Luna 16-inch pizza with two toppings and their choice of either a pitcher of one of our craft beers or a carafe of Italian red wine for just $27.50 every Friday and Saturday night.
Now offering Harry's Hellsapoppin Happy Hour Tuesday through Sunday. Join each day for specials on appetizers and drinks, 4:30 to 7:00, bar area only.
90 Point Happy Hour, available on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Four wines that have scored 90 points or higher will be offered by the glass. The wines will change based on availability and will be offered in the bar area only. Try something new!
A word from Bella Luna Restaurant
Tired of the same old cookie cutter restaurant? Bella Luna is fun, funky and eclectic! Choose from one of four unique dining rooms, sample authentic Italian dishes made from family recipes, check out the unique wine program and make sure to save room for dessert! The Bread Pudding with Amaretto Butter Sauce has won the prestigious Best of Taste Award at the Taste of Cincinnati! Owner Harry Stephens greets you at the table and will tell you about the menu and his family. Need a space for a party or meeting? Bella Luna can provide both the space and service for your event. Enjoy great hand tossed New York Style Pizza, give this great pie a try! Come to Bella Luna a stranger, leave as part of the family!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bella Luna Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Bella Luna Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)neighborhood gem (121)romantic (100)fit for foodies (79)notable wine list (61)good for groups (57)kid-friendly (21)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (19)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We've eaten here before and each time have been tremendously impressed with the selection and quality of food. The first time, we went straight back into a dining room and it was beautiful-very simple and elegant. This time we turned right into a separate dining room, which seemed a little more chaotic (plus we were sitting all around the homecoming groups which wasn't ideal for an anniversary dinner). However, the food is really amazing! We had the eggplant meatballs and bruschetta (sp?), which were both superb. I chose the prime rib cannelloni as an entree while he had the eggplant lasagna. Everything tasted amazing! Definitely check this place out.Special Features:
- So wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014The staff was beyond friendly, the owner and his wife greet you at some point. Food was great. All around awesome experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My wife's lasagna was superb, but I know why the prime rib cannelloni won a top award at the 2014 Taste of Cincinnati. Friendly fun place for an excellent meal.Special Features:
- Night outSaturday9694Dined on 9/13/2014We had another excellent experience at Bella Luna. The restaurant was very busy on a Saturday night but we were seated right on time per our reservation with Open Table. The waitress very helpful with questions regarding the dishes and the food was excellent. We will certainly dine at Bella Luna's again.Special Features:
- Bella Luna Experiencethats1amoreDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I were celebrating our birthdays for the occasion to dine at Bella Luna. Bella Luna is our favorite Italian Restaurant. The food is authentic Italian, which you just can't get many other places in the Greater Cincinnati Area. We love the atmosphere and the staff. Always get treated very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!mom2landvDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I went to Bella Luna for our 20th anniversary. We had the Prime Rib Cannelloni and meat lasagna. Both were delicious and the service was great. Our server, Kelcie, was friendly and made great recommendations for food and drinks. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceBethDined on 9/11/2014Our party of 3 had never been to this restaurant, but had always heard great things. We had awesome service, the food was amazing and the atmosphere was pleasant. Two of them had the Salmon special and both had great things to say about it. I had a dish that wasnt exactly on the menu, but they were happy to accomodate! We finished with trying the dessert sampler - very happy we tried it! It was delicious!!! I have now made another reservation for Tuesday this week to bring my parents and my husband!Special Features:
- A great experience!TryitallDined on 9/10/2014A restaurant with character, great food, fantastic service and you have to love half price wine bottles on Wednesday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014great food and good service. That is all I need and that is what they servedSpecial Features:
- rather noisy that nightHelmetManDined on 9/6/20143 of us were seated in the main dining room booth, shortly after we sat down a table of 20 women were seated in the middle of the room and it became almost impossible to have a conversation because of their volume, understand they were having a celebration but kind of took the shine off our own special celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary PlaceCincymomof3Dined on 9/6/2014Dinner was more than fantastic! Server was friendly, knowledgable, and helpful. Owner walks around and greets his customers. Cozy atmosphere and delicious menu. Highly recommended! We'll be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightCodyDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I do weekly date nights and we can't stay away from Bella Luna. The servers are always super nice, knowledgeable and helpful. The owner/manager always finds his or her way around to our table to check in. The food never fails to impress and the wines are delectable. We had the tiramisu this time around and we were already talking about going back for more that night. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cincinnati gemRedheadEatsDined on 9/3/2014Simply outstanding. Food, staff, ambience... It's all here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Italian food.OldNewportCatDined on 8/31/2014Absolutely best Bread Pudding in the city! You'll leave this restaurant satisfied!!!Special Features:
- Always a good timebuddhablueDined on 8/29/2014The food and service was excellent. Menu is one of those where you plan on coming back, just because it's that hard to decide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaybeJulesgirlVIPDined on 8/28/2014We'll be back maybe not. Had heard of this place for years but never made the trip. Got a Special Reserve so off we went. After reminding our server of our "deal" the manager swooped in on us, grabbed our menus and replaced with the special menu. Then proceeded to instruct us on how to read it. That would have been okay but then we were told to be sure and tip on the true amount. We dine out frequently sometimes with discounts but usually full price. Fine dining and not fine dining. Have never been coached on proper tipping technique. Set a not good tone for the evening. Had read numerous glowing reviews of the food and ownership. Food was fair but nothing amazing. There are lots of choices out there-not sure I'll make this drive again
- Excellent as alwaysKWalterVIPDined on 8/26/2014Bella Luna routinely has outstanding food and service, this occasion was no different!Special Features:
- Columbia Tusculum LandmarkOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014From the warm and welcoming staff (who unfailingly know your name), to the amazing comfort food, to the innovative seasonal menus - this restaurant is a metro gem. The owner circulates table and insures that the experience is the blend of the best of Italian dining and that it feels like home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatChicacheliDined on 8/21/2014We love dining at Bella Luna. My husband and I don't get out alone too often, but when we do, we choose to spend our time at this delightful restaurant. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. The food is absolutely delicious. Visiting Bella Luna is always a treat.Special Features:
- Why took us so long?EFTKDined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I are always up to try new restaurants, and Bella Luna has been on the list for quite some time. For one reason or another, we never got to go - maybe because it seemed to be out of the way. Then a coupon came up and I thought it'd be a good opportunity to give it a try, and we were not let down! Even though we could not order from the regular menu because of the coupon, the food was delicious! The atmosphere is fun and friendly with a great band playing good music, and the service was really good especially considering how crowded they were. We'll go back for sure!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Hadn't been in a few years. Lobster ravioli small portion, light on sauce. Feel like it used to be better.
- Great cake.DateNightDined on 8/13/2014Making reservations online was easy. When we arrived the parking was limited and we had to park on the street/sidewalk. If it had been after sundown I wouldn't have felt safe. I imagined with parking so limited it would have been a full house. To my surprise I would guess a half full dining room. I really enjoy our waitress. Not sure of her name but she has been on staff with the owner for many years and at a previous location. She was awesome. To make this short and sweet the eggplant meatballs were very good. Bread/salads were good. Dinner: shrimp scampi and chicken parm were bland. Shrimp dish was watery. NOT worth the price. The chocolate cake was amazing. Great wine. Great manager. Way overpriced coffee. Actually a bit ridiculous.Special Features:
- WonderfulfamdinersDined on 8/13/2014Our first time here and so impressive! Great food and service. We will make this a favorite new place to dine.Special Features:
- The Best Italian Food Ever!!DateNightersDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I cannot stop saying good things about Bella Luna! The most impressive thing to us was that we met the owners and they were actively working alongside their staff! They made sure we were happy with our food and our waitress, Stephanie, was wonderful! It was a romantic date night and worth every penny. To be honest, we would have paid more! The food was outstanding and the service amazing! We will be going back very soon. Thank you Bella Luna!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!PastaPerfectionDined on 8/8/2014Harry and his team do a fabulous job of making you feel like part of a large Italian family. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was cozy. It did get very crowded - we were glad we had reservations - and you could tell the staff was being pulled in a thousand directions trying to serve everyone...but they did a great job! Overall a fabulous food find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return!BootsDined on 8/5/2014My boyfriend and I went to Bella Luna to celebrate his birthday. The wait staff was extremely welcoming and happy to be working. The food was amazing. We even got a gift card because it was his birthday! I will definitely go back because you could not ask for a better experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella LunacincibobDined on 8/2/2014Food was outstanding. Desert was spectacular. Always enjoy eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Find!jmkdinersDined on 8/2/2014We went to Bella Luna a after a friend recommended we try, since just moving to Cincinnati a few months back. After booking our table a night prior, we noticed the AMAZING happy hour specials! We arrived about an hour early, sat at the bar and thoroughly enjoyed the live music, excellent food and drink menu, and fabulous customer service. Once seated, our waitress was knowledgable about the menu, welcoming and so helpful when picking out our delicious entrées. The manager came over a couple of times to say hello, check on us and even congratulated/thanked us for dining with them for our anniversary. We will absolutely be coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night in CincinnatiColoradoBoundDined on 7/29/2014My partner and I had met dinning with friends at Bella Luna, so we wanted it to be the last place we ate at before moving to Colorado. Our server was very friendly informing us about the wine mystery bucket, and overall just had a very warm personality. It reminded us why we love Bella Luna, it's inviting and feels comfortable, like good family. She heard our little story and thought it was cute and romantic and bought our desserts. It was an unexpected and grateful surprise. The genuine care we felt from our server and the staff was wonderful. I'm going to miss Bella Luna until we're back for a visit.Special Features:
- Service is unequalledinlove66Dined on 7/27/2014Bella Luna is our new favorite restaurant! The food is outstanding and the service is over the top awesome. Our server, Lashondra, was not only friendly, personable, and extremely knowledgeable, but went the extra mile to give us a fabulous experience. We tried just about everything we wanted to on the menu as small plates - even if they weren't listed. The house chardonnay is wonderful and a great price during happy hour. You have to sit in the bar area) This felt like a tasting experience, not just another dinner out. BTW, it was my birthday. It was my birthday and I was presented with a handwritten note with a gift card. What a special touch! We will be back very soon for another wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014The new menu keeps all the great items that made this place an all-around favorite. It adds a lot of creative great dishes, many lighter on, or without, the pasta. Broader array of (lighter) choices and the chefs continue to be really excellent and dependable. A true 4gem of a restaurant - neighborhood favorite spot, but also a destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Personal TouchneighborhoodepicureDined on 7/26/2014We went for our anniversary. Everything demonstrates the personal touch of the owner, from the music, to the pieced together décor, to the slightly eclectic menu, to the owner stopping by our table and talking to us about what an honor it was for him that we had chosen his restaurant to celebrate out anniversary. Nothing here is the same old same old; everything has the personal touch.Special Features:
- Just marginalluccaDined on 7/25/2014Food was not very exciting. Presentation was just average. This is a neighborhood spot which we rarely frequent and I understand why. Server was attentive and knowledgeable.
- NewYork in Cincy! ExcellentDissatisfiedDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful Italian food. Great local atmosphere. Excellent service / friendly staff - always smiling and happy. Very New York city "local" neighborhood restaurant feel. (Been there - loved that)Special Features:
- Joneby1Dined on 7/24/2014Absolutely devine!! The ambiance, the food, the sevice - top notch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian FindMusselloverDined on 7/22/2014Great authentic Italian. A real gem! Loved everything from the mussels to the bread to the cannelloni. Great service. Loved choosing the wine from the bucket - "mystery wine". Had an absolutely delicious dining experience. The staff was very attentive and made our first experience a joy.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!!lk28Dined on 7/20/2014This restaurant is amazing!!! The staff was so friendly and helpful. The food was delicious!!!! I would highly recommend this place. My entire family LOVED everything!!! The Osso Bucca was crazy!!! Save room for dessert, they were amazing too!!! They also had a fun wine bucket you need to ask about:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect CelebrationmoorealliDined on 7/20/2014My mom and I sampled several dishes at the Taste of Cincinnati and she quickly knew this is where she wanted to have her birthday dinner. Our waitress was extremely friendly and attentive which made our experience very enjoyable. We started with a pitcher of white sangria and the Bella Bruschetta which was delicious. There were 3 of us and only 4 pieces of bruschetta and we could have fought over the extra piece. My mom had the scallops, I had the lobster and crab ravioli and my grandma had the award winning prime rib cannelloni. All excellent choices. We finished our evening with The.Best.Bread Pudding.Ever! My mom was gifted a $10 gift certificate to use at her next visit, which we thought was super nice. We WILL be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Excellent as always , the food, atmosphere and servers are top notch. The servers are always well aquainted with the menu, very friendly and always willing the make the experience as pleasant as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoint'sBfloyd23Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I have been to Bella Luna several times and have never had a bad visit. The service has always been spot on and the food is fantastic. The owner will also stop by your table to make sure everything is great. If your coming to Cincinnati to visit or live local and haven't yet been, it's a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.