Bella Luna Restaurant
4632 Eastern Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45226Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bella Luna Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellalunacincy.com/
- Phone: 5138715862x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday & Sunday: 4:30 p.m. - 9 p.m., Wednesday & Thursday: 4:30 p.m. - 10 p.m., Friday & Saturday: 4:30 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alfio Gulisano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a private room that will accommodate up to 36. We specialize in rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, birthdays and anniversaries.
- Entertainment: Friday Nights from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. featuring the Bluebirds. A blend of jazz, standards and blues.
Live music every weekend.
- Special Events: Enjoy half-priced bottles of wine every Wednesday during our Wine Down Wednesday events. Bella Luna frequently offers special events such as Wine, Women & Song, the perfect girl's night out, and Pizza & A Pitcher, where guests enjoy a delicious Bella Luna 16-inch pizza with two toppings and their choice of either a pitcher of one of our craft beers or a carafe of Italian red wine for just $27.50 every Friday and Saturday night.
Now offering Harry's Hellsapoppin Happy Hour Tuesday through Sunday. Join each day for specials on appetizers and drinks, 4:30 to 7:00, bar area only.
90 Point Happy Hour, available on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Four wines that have scored 90 points or higher will be offered by the glass. The wines will change based on availability and will be offered in the bar area only. Try something new!
A word from Bella Luna Restaurant
Tired of the same old cookie cutter restaurant? Bella Luna is fun, funky and eclectic! Choose from one of four unique dining rooms, sample authentic Italian dishes made from family recipes, check out the unique wine program and make sure to save room for dessert! The Bread Pudding with Amaretto Butter Sauce has won the prestigious Best of Taste Award at the Taste of Cincinnati! Owner Harry Stephens greets you at the table and will tell you about the menu and his family. Need a space for a party or meeting? Bella Luna can provide both the space and service for your event. Enjoy great hand tossed New York Style Pizza, give this great pie a try! Come to Bella Luna a stranger, leave as part of the family!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bella Luna Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Bella Luna Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)neighborhood gem (123)romantic (103)fit for foodies (80)good for groups (70)notable wine list (66)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (23)vibrant bar scene (21)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014We get to eat here about one a year since it is on the other side of town. A real treat!Special Features:
- darkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Delicious food and extensive menu. Bring a flash light to read the menu. Very dark. Enough food for 2 meals. Save room for dessert ~ these cannot be good FOR you because they're so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LovemesomepastaDined on 10/18/2014Very cool atmosphere with fantastic food. Would recommend it to anyone. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014Although the food and service at this restaurant are top notch, the meal itself is VERY EXPENSIVE. I don't usually mind a restaurants prices being on the higher side, but the suggestive selling by the servers will really raise your tab!Special Features:
- 44th Wedding AnniversaryiamTOGDined on 10/17/2014Had to park on the street a little way up from the restaurant but really no problem. Entered into the restaurant at around 8:10 pm for our 8:30 dinner reservation, so we sat at the bar and had a beer ($2.00 each). Listened to the band and they were very good. At 8:30 on the dot we were taken to our booth for dinner. The waitress was great and congratulated us on our 44th wedding anniversary. Everything we ate from the eggplant meat balls, to the entrees of Prime Rib Cannelloni and Meat Lasagna were outstanding. For dessert we had the Bread Pudding in a vanilla sauce, it was outstanding. Near the end of our evening one of the owners came over and thanked us for spending the evening at Bella Luna and gave us a present. 5 star eveningSpecial Features:
- always deoendable!FoodkingDined on 10/17/2014I love the pork osso bucco, and the personal touch that Harry brings to the place is peerless. Nuf said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great nightMMdinersDined on 10/11/2014We had a 745 reservation, arrived at 740 and the place was packed. When the manager realized we had waited 20 minutes past our reservation time, she brought us the cocktail and wine menus, apologized, and bought us a drink. Our server was excellent and very knowledgeable about the history of the restaurant and the food. Everyone who was involved in our service was very friendly. The food was excellent and we will definitely be back. Also there was live music playing in the bar area which we could hear a little from our table which we also enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great Italian FindBrianDined on 10/11/2014The decor left a little to be desired with the high back simply made seating where we were seated but it was comfortable enough. Our server, Brandy, was extremely knowledgeable, very friendly and was outstanding. We recommend asking for her as she appeared to sashay her way around the dining room. The food was superb in taste. For an appetizer we shared the brushetta. It was very good but only came with four small pieces. 6 would have been perfect. I had the Prime Rib Cannelloni while my wife had the Chicken Fiorentina. Again the food was prepared to perfection but the portion size, we thought, was just a tad a little undersized. The wine pairing was good as I selected Chianti but I did note I selected a 2008 but was served a 2010 vintage.Special Features:
- Used to love itTableforfoirVIPDined on 10/10/2014Love the food and the family, but the congestion when waiting and the slower service take away fr the experience. Friday night there was a band, a trio, which added an unnecessary amount of Noise to the congested feel of the evening in a small place. Maybe a little guitar music but I don't want to hear the band in the back dining room as I'm trying to catch up with my husband. Will go Back but will call ahead about music and whether reservations are running on timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but loudToomuchfoodDined on 10/10/2014The food and staff were fantastic. Unfortunately, our table was right outside of a large room where a very loud group was eating dinner. Several times many of the inebriated guests from the group would spill out of their room, standing directly behind me. They were so noisy it was hard to hear my date and it was as if they didn't realize people were trying to eat dinner. My date was shocked people could be so rude. Not necessarily the best for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingWhewell37Dined on 10/8/2014By far the best Italian food in the Queen City. Courteous service and fantastic atmosphere makes for a wonderful night out.Special Features:
- Special occasionsJoshDined on 10/4/2014Love going here for special occasions. Will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemmbgfoodieDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed a great evening out with friends and felt like we were at home. The restaurant has a homey, comfortable feel that makes you want to come back. The food was delicious and the desserts are amazing. You can tell that the food is prepared from scratch- this restaurant is family owned and operated, not a chain. We prefer to support local businesses, and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our favorite restaurants!bb104Dined on 10/4/2014Came this time for my birthday. Loved it. Thanks for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Our favorite Italian restaurant. Amazing food and the best service. The owner, Harry, walks around and interacts with the customers. He is a top notch person who cares for his customers at the restaurant and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014We dine at Bella Luna regularly and we are never disappointed! We had the lasagna and the seafood special and both were delicious. The staff are very friendly and attentive. The bread pudding is the best that we have found anywhere. We love the seasonal variations and this time we had the pumpkin bread pudding.....delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid italian food experienceJTDagVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great neighborhood italian restaurant. Building and fixtures are a bit dated, but the italian food was solid, and not too heavy, and the desserts were excellent. The bread pudding was wonderful, and the portabello ravioli was good, although I was a bit surprised that it did not contain peices of mushroom, but rather was prepared as part of the pasta.Special Features:
- Great Find!PJ00Dined on 10/1/2014I drive by this restaurant every day and finally decided to go in for dinner. Don't know why I waiting so long! It was amazing! Definitely something you should try!Special Features:
- Amazing foodmv616Dined on 9/27/2014I had always wanted to try Bella Luna so my husband and I went for a date night away from the kid. I excpected a "fancier" crowd but there were a lot of shorts and tshirts and jeans, which is fine if that's what they're okay with but I always thought it was a more upscale restaurant. The food was amazing. Started with the eggplant meatballs which were good - not sure I got a big eggplant flavor but still tasted great. I had the prime rib cannelloni and my husband had the pork shank - they were both incredible. We shared the dessert trio - the tiramisu and bread pudding were outstanding. Server was very friendly and prompt. Definitely going to go back!Special Features:
- mj26Dined on 9/27/2014Great service, food and welcoming by the owner Gay. Nice way to celebrate my Sister's birthday.Special Features:
- A New Favorite!BellanotteDined on 9/26/2014People from the Chicago area run the risk of being disappointed by Italian restaurants - not this time! The service was attentive without being obtrusive, the ambience was intimate and clean but not fussy and the food was terrific! The owner came by the table to ask about our experience and was friendly and interested. We will definitely recommend Bella Luna and look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very delicious!Oliveyou11Dined on 9/20/2014We've eaten here before and each time have been tremendously impressed with the selection and quality of food. The first time, we went straight back into a dining room and it was beautiful-very simple and elegant. This time we turned right into a separate dining room, which seemed a little more chaotic (plus we were sitting all around the homecoming groups which wasn't ideal for an anniversary dinner). However, the food is really amazing! We had the eggplant meatballs and bruschetta (sp?), which were both superb. I chose the prime rib cannelloni as an entree while he had the eggplant lasagna. Everything tasted amazing! Definitely check this place out.Special Features:
- So wonderful!Adddg3Dined on 9/20/2014The staff was beyond friendly, the owner and his wife greet you at some point. Food was great. All around awesome experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My wife's lasagna was superb, but I know why the prime rib cannelloni won a top award at the 2014 Taste of Cincinnati. Friendly fun place for an excellent meal.Special Features:
- Night outSaturday9694Dined on 9/13/2014We had another excellent experience at Bella Luna. The restaurant was very busy on a Saturday night but we were seated right on time per our reservation with Open Table. The waitress very helpful with questions regarding the dishes and the food was excellent. We will certainly dine at Bella Luna's again.Special Features:
- Bella Luna Experiencethats1amoreDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I were celebrating our birthdays for the occasion to dine at Bella Luna. Bella Luna is our favorite Italian Restaurant. The food is authentic Italian, which you just can't get many other places in the Greater Cincinnati Area. We love the atmosphere and the staff. Always get treated very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!mom2landvDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I went to Bella Luna for our 20th anniversary. We had the Prime Rib Cannelloni and meat lasagna. Both were delicious and the service was great. Our server, Kelcie, was friendly and made great recommendations for food and drinks. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceBethDined on 9/11/2014Our party of 3 had never been to this restaurant, but had always heard great things. We had awesome service, the food was amazing and the atmosphere was pleasant. Two of them had the Salmon special and both had great things to say about it. I had a dish that wasnt exactly on the menu, but they were happy to accomodate! We finished with trying the dessert sampler - very happy we tried it! It was delicious!!! I have now made another reservation for Tuesday this week to bring my parents and my husband!Special Features:
- A great experience!TryitallDined on 9/10/2014A restaurant with character, great food, fantastic service and you have to love half price wine bottles on Wednesday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014great food and good service. That is all I need and that is what they servedSpecial Features:
- rather noisy that nightHelmetManDined on 9/6/20143 of us were seated in the main dining room booth, shortly after we sat down a table of 20 women were seated in the middle of the room and it became almost impossible to have a conversation because of their volume, understand they were having a celebration but kind of took the shine off our own special celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary PlaceCincymomof3Dined on 9/6/2014Dinner was more than fantastic! Server was friendly, knowledgable, and helpful. Owner walks around and greets his customers. Cozy atmosphere and delicious menu. Highly recommended! We'll be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightCodyDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I do weekly date nights and we can't stay away from Bella Luna. The servers are always super nice, knowledgeable and helpful. The owner/manager always finds his or her way around to our table to check in. The food never fails to impress and the wines are delectable. We had the tiramisu this time around and we were already talking about going back for more that night. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cincinnati gemRedheadEatsDined on 9/3/2014Simply outstanding. Food, staff, ambience... It's all here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Italian food.OldNewportCatDined on 8/31/2014Absolutely best Bread Pudding in the city! You'll leave this restaurant satisfied!!!Special Features:
- Always a good timebuddhablueDined on 8/29/2014The food and service was excellent. Menu is one of those where you plan on coming back, just because it's that hard to decide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaybeJulesgirlVIPDined on 8/28/2014We'll be back maybe not. Had heard of this place for years but never made the trip. Got a Special Reserve so off we went. After reminding our server of our "deal" the manager swooped in on us, grabbed our menus and replaced with the special menu. Then proceeded to instruct us on how to read it. That would have been okay but then we were told to be sure and tip on the true amount. We dine out frequently sometimes with discounts but usually full price. Fine dining and not fine dining. Have never been coached on proper tipping technique. Set a not good tone for the evening. Had read numerous glowing reviews of the food and ownership. Food was fair but nothing amazing. There are lots of choices out there-not sure I'll make this drive again
- Excellent as alwaysKWalterVIPDined on 8/26/2014Bella Luna routinely has outstanding food and service, this occasion was no different!Special Features:
- Columbia Tusculum LandmarkOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014From the warm and welcoming staff (who unfailingly know your name), to the amazing comfort food, to the innovative seasonal menus - this restaurant is a metro gem. The owner circulates table and insures that the experience is the blend of the best of Italian dining and that it feels like home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatChicacheliDined on 8/21/2014We love dining at Bella Luna. My husband and I don't get out alone too often, but when we do, we choose to spend our time at this delightful restaurant. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. The food is absolutely delicious. Visiting Bella Luna is always a treat.Special Features: