Bella Luna Restaurant
4632 Eastern Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45226Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bella Luna Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellalunacincy.com/
- Phone: 5138715862x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday & Sunday: 4:30 p.m. - 9 p.m., Wednesday & Thursday: 4:30 p.m. - 10 p.m., Friday & Saturday: 4:30 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alfio Gulisano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a private room that will accommodate up to 36. We specialize in rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, birthdays and anniversaries.
- Entertainment: Friday Nights from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. featuring the Bluebirds. A blend of jazz, standards and blues.
Live music every weekend.
- Special Events: Enjoy half-priced bottles of wine every Wednesday during our Wine Down Wednesday events. Bella Luna frequently offers special events such as Wine, Women & Song, the perfect girl's night out, and Pizza & A Pitcher, where guests enjoy a delicious Bella Luna 16-inch pizza with two toppings and their choice of either a pitcher of one of our craft beers or a carafe of Italian red wine for just $27.50 every Friday and Saturday night.
Now offering Harry's Hellsapoppin Happy Hour Tuesday through Sunday. Join each day for specials on appetizers and drinks, 4:30 to 7:00, bar area only.
90 Point Happy Hour, available on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Four wines that have scored 90 points or higher will be offered by the glass. The wines will change based on availability and will be offered in the bar area only. Try something new!
A word from Bella Luna Restaurant
Tired of the same old cookie cutter restaurant? Bella Luna is fun, funky and eclectic! Choose from one of four unique dining rooms, sample authentic Italian dishes made from family recipes, check out the unique wine program and make sure to save room for dessert! The Bread Pudding with Amaretto Butter Sauce has won the prestigious Best of Taste Award at the Taste of Cincinnati! Owner Harry Stephens greets you at the table and will tell you about the menu and his family. Need a space for a party or meeting? Bella Luna can provide both the space and service for your event. Enjoy great hand tossed New York Style Pizza, give this great pie a try! Come to Bella Luna a stranger, leave as part of the family!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bella Luna Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Bella Luna Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)neighborhood gem (119)romantic (93)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (56)notable wine list (55)kid-friendly (23)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (16)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (7)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- MaybeJulesgirlVIPDined on 8/28/2014We'll be back maybe not. Had heard of this place for years but never made the trip. Got a Special Reserve so off we went. After reminding our server of our "deal" the manager swooped in on us, grabbed our menus and replaced with the special menu. Then proceeded to instruct us on how to read it. That would have been okay but then we were told to be sure and tip on the true amount. We dine out frequently sometimes with discounts but usually full price. Fine dining and not fine dining. Have never been coached on proper tipping technique. Set a not good tone for the evening. Had read numerous glowing reviews of the food and ownership. Food was fair but nothing amazing. There are lots of choices out there-not sure I'll make this drive again
- Columbia Tusculum LandmarkOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014From the warm and welcoming staff (who unfailingly know your name), to the amazing comfort food, to the innovative seasonal menus - this restaurant is a metro gem. The owner circulates table and insures that the experience is the blend of the best of Italian dining and that it feels like home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatChicacheliDined on 8/21/2014We love dining at Bella Luna. My husband and I don't get out alone too often, but when we do, we choose to spend our time at this delightful restaurant. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. The food is absolutely delicious. Visiting Bella Luna is always a treat.Special Features:
- Why took us so long?EFTKDined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I are always up to try new restaurants, and Bella Luna has been on the list for quite some time. For one reason or another, we never got to go - maybe because it seemed to be out of the way. Then a coupon came up and I thought it'd be a good opportunity to give it a try, and we were not let down! Even though we could not order from the regular menu because of the coupon, the food was delicious! The atmosphere is fun and friendly with a great band playing good music, and the service was really good especially considering how crowded they were. We'll go back for sure!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Hadn't been in a few years. Lobster ravioli small portion, light on sauce. Feel like it used to be better.
- Great cake.DateNightDined on 8/13/2014Making reservations online was easy. When we arrived the parking was limited and we had to park on the street/sidewalk. If it had been after sundown I wouldn't have felt safe. I imagined with parking so limited it would have been a full house. To my surprise I would guess a half full dining room. I really enjoy our waitress. Not sure of her name but she has been on staff with the owner for many years and at a previous location. She was awesome. To make this short and sweet the eggplant meatballs were very good. Bread/salads were good. Dinner: shrimp scampi and chicken parm were bland. Shrimp dish was watery. NOT worth the price. The chocolate cake was amazing. Great wine. Great manager. Way overpriced coffee. Actually a bit ridiculous.Special Features:
- WonderfulfamdinersDined on 8/13/2014Our first time here and so impressive! Great food and service. We will make this a favorite new place to dine.Special Features:
- The Best Italian Food Ever!!DateNightersDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I cannot stop saying good things about Bella Luna! The most impressive thing to us was that we met the owners and they were actively working alongside their staff! They made sure we were happy with our food and our waitress, Stephanie, was wonderful! It was a romantic date night and worth every penny. To be honest, we would have paid more! The food was outstanding and the service amazing! We will be going back very soon. Thank you Bella Luna!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!PastaPerfectionDined on 8/8/2014Harry and his team do a fabulous job of making you feel like part of a large Italian family. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was cozy. It did get very crowded - we were glad we had reservations - and you could tell the staff was being pulled in a thousand directions trying to serve everyone...but they did a great job! Overall a fabulous food find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return!BootsDined on 8/5/2014My boyfriend and I went to Bella Luna to celebrate his birthday. The wait staff was extremely welcoming and happy to be working. The food was amazing. We even got a gift card because it was his birthday! I will definitely go back because you could not ask for a better experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella LunacincibobDined on 8/2/2014Food was outstanding. Desert was spectacular. Always enjoy eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Find!jmkdinersDined on 8/2/2014We went to Bella Luna a after a friend recommended we try, since just moving to Cincinnati a few months back. After booking our table a night prior, we noticed the AMAZING happy hour specials! We arrived about an hour early, sat at the bar and thoroughly enjoyed the live music, excellent food and drink menu, and fabulous customer service. Once seated, our waitress was knowledgable about the menu, welcoming and so helpful when picking out our delicious entrées. The manager came over a couple of times to say hello, check on us and even congratulated/thanked us for dining with them for our anniversary. We will absolutely be coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night in CincinnatiColoradoBoundDined on 7/29/2014My partner and I had met dinning with friends at Bella Luna, so we wanted it to be the last place we ate at before moving to Colorado. Our server was very friendly informing us about the wine mystery bucket, and overall just had a very warm personality. It reminded us why we love Bella Luna, it's inviting and feels comfortable, like good family. She heard our little story and thought it was cute and romantic and bought our desserts. It was an unexpected and grateful surprise. The genuine care we felt from our server and the staff was wonderful. I'm going to miss Bella Luna until we're back for a visit.Special Features:
- Service is unequalledinlove66Dined on 7/27/2014Bella Luna is our new favorite restaurant! The food is outstanding and the service is over the top awesome. Our server, Lashondra, was not only friendly, personable, and extremely knowledgeable, but went the extra mile to give us a fabulous experience. We tried just about everything we wanted to on the menu as small plates - even if they weren't listed. The house chardonnay is wonderful and a great price during happy hour. You have to sit in the bar area) This felt like a tasting experience, not just another dinner out. BTW, it was my birthday. It was my birthday and I was presented with a handwritten note with a gift card. What a special touch! We will be back very soon for another wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014The new menu keeps all the great items that made this place an all-around favorite. It adds a lot of creative great dishes, many lighter on, or without, the pasta. Broader array of (lighter) choices and the chefs continue to be really excellent and dependable. A true 4gem of a restaurant - neighborhood favorite spot, but also a destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Personal TouchneighborhoodepicureDined on 7/26/2014We went for our anniversary. Everything demonstrates the personal touch of the owner, from the music, to the pieced together décor, to the slightly eclectic menu, to the owner stopping by our table and talking to us about what an honor it was for him that we had chosen his restaurant to celebrate out anniversary. Nothing here is the same old same old; everything has the personal touch.Special Features:
- Just marginalluccaDined on 7/25/2014Food was not very exciting. Presentation was just average. This is a neighborhood spot which we rarely frequent and I understand why. Server was attentive and knowledgeable.
- NewYork in Cincy! ExcellentDissatisfiedDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful Italian food. Great local atmosphere. Excellent service / friendly staff - always smiling and happy. Very New York city "local" neighborhood restaurant feel. (Been there - loved that)Special Features:
- Joneby1Dined on 7/24/2014Absolutely devine!! The ambiance, the food, the sevice - top notch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian FindMusselloverDined on 7/22/2014Great authentic Italian. A real gem! Loved everything from the mussels to the bread to the cannelloni. Great service. Loved choosing the wine from the bucket - "mystery wine". Had an absolutely delicious dining experience. The staff was very attentive and made our first experience a joy.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!!lk28Dined on 7/20/2014This restaurant is amazing!!! The staff was so friendly and helpful. The food was delicious!!!! I would highly recommend this place. My entire family LOVED everything!!! The Osso Bucca was crazy!!! Save room for dessert, they were amazing too!!! They also had a fun wine bucket you need to ask about:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect CelebrationmoorealliDined on 7/20/2014My mom and I sampled several dishes at the Taste of Cincinnati and she quickly knew this is where she wanted to have her birthday dinner. Our waitress was extremely friendly and attentive which made our experience very enjoyable. We started with a pitcher of white sangria and the Bella Bruschetta which was delicious. There were 3 of us and only 4 pieces of bruschetta and we could have fought over the extra piece. My mom had the scallops, I had the lobster and crab ravioli and my grandma had the award winning prime rib cannelloni. All excellent choices. We finished our evening with The.Best.Bread Pudding.Ever! My mom was gifted a $10 gift certificate to use at her next visit, which we thought was super nice. We WILL be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Excellent as always , the food, atmosphere and servers are top notch. The servers are always well aquainted with the menu, very friendly and always willing the make the experience as pleasant as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoint'sBfloyd23Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I have been to Bella Luna several times and have never had a bad visit. The service has always been spot on and the food is fantastic. The owner will also stop by your table to make sure everything is great. If your coming to Cincinnati to visit or live local and haven't yet been, it's a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great weekend diningShupetersdiningDined on 7/19/2014Our first dining experience at Bella Luna was exceptional! We had reservations but asked to be seated in the bar area where the band was visible. The waitress was so kind to quickly seat us at a table close to the music. The service was top notch from beginning to end. The owner was so gracious to visit our table several times throughout our visit. The food was delicious, diners around us were so kind, and the entire staff so kind. It was a fun night and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- A wonderful place!!!DocADined on 7/19/2014This is my all-time favorite Italian restaurant. The food is authentic, delicious, and abundant. The service is impeccable and Harry, the owner, makes sure all of your needs are met with his warm, personable attention. You couldn't ask for anything better for an enjoyable evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicetoeatwithu2Dined on 7/19/2014Nice atmosphere, service was excellent, food a little pricey. Good for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva ItaliaSouthernGentDined on 7/18/2014Simply put, this is the best Italian dinning experience you will find in the greater Cincinnati area. It's not just about the food, it's about the experience. The parking is horrible, reservations are a must, the seating areas are a bit on the cramped but comfortable side, the service is outstanding, the food is phenomenal and the way Harry makes you feel like you've been welcomed into his home and you're life long friends...honestly, can anything be more Italian. Kudos to Harry and Gay for bringing a wonderful slice of Italy to the region. Dinning at Bella Luna always reminds me of my time back in Italy. If you like Italian food and ambiance, then you'll love Bella!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking to eat well ? Eat here !CarolPmsVIPDined on 7/18/2014I don't mean exactly healthy -- I mean with nice sized portions, hot & authentic food. You feel like you deserved this night of not cooking. You are warmly welcomed & Mr. Stephens stops by the table. The service is personable & they are sure what they are talking about when describing menu choices. There was no rush as we progressed thru the ample appetizer platter of meats, cheese & peppers. Salads are big with varied ingredients. Our table had chicken parm, prime rib cannolini, spaghetti & meatball. Having grown up in the very ethnic Northern Ohio, I can spot some good Italian cooking where the accent is on original not on feeding the masses. Dessert sampler also appreciated -- some for each of us.
- Wonderful!Eewhit04Dined on 7/18/2014I recently took my grandfather to Bella Luna while he was visiting me in Cincinnati- I had never been to the restaurant, but it was recommended to me by a coworker. The whole experience was wonderful! I had made a reservation the day before- when we arrived, the friendly hostesses took us right to our table and our waitress, Jade, was fantastic. The food was so delicious- unique dishes that you can tell are made with high quality ingredients. The owner came around the restaurant and stopped to check on us. Very lovely person who I felt like genuinely cared about our experience at his restaurant. Overall, I would definitely recommend this restaurant! I felt right at home and will definitely be going back soon :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Gem!momof3Dined on 7/13/2014The food was out of this world! A taste of heaven on a plate! Can't wait to go back :) The staff is very attentive going over and beyond to assure we were well taken care of making you feel like your family!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food / Correctly PricedToyvoDined on 7/12/2014Bella Luna is our "go to" Italian restaurant. They have a great Happy Hour. Every dish we have tried has been very good, but after trying several different dishes, we go back for the Pork Shank Osso Buco and the Prime Rib Cannelloni.Special Features:
- Bella Luna MagnificoJohnGDined on 7/12/2014What a great restaurant, from checking in for our reservation to our great waitress (Emily) to the cordial and personable owner (Harry) and the food was superb. Starting with the delicious appetizers the prosciutto wrapped asparagus was great and ending with the bread pudding (not a big fan of bread pudding but this was delicious) and everything in between. Our waitress started by explaining a brief history and then made great recommendations on the menu she was personable, prompt but not over attentive. The owned stopped to ask how things were, but not the normal obligatory walk by, he actually engaged in conversation and was genuine and engaging... A great evening...Special Features:
- Great place!JimandHeikeDined on 7/10/2014We not only had one of the best Italian meals ever, we had a great time talking with the owners and finding out a little of the history of the restaurant. If we come back tyhrough the area again, this will be a must stop for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressively attentiveimpressedDined on 7/9/2014Our anniversary and first time there. The Hostess and staff all wished us Happy Anniversary and gave us a Thank You card with handwritten sentiments inside. Probably the most friendly and attentive service I have ever had at any restaurant. Was very impressed. The food was great. I was a little put off by the Hostess wearing jeans and casual button down shirt -unusual in most restaurants with a hostess - it took away from the first impression of a nice restaurant. The rest of the staff had all black on.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do NOT miss this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014My husband and I are in our early 40's, so young enough to remember solid service standards, but too young to have experienced personalized service like this where you're treated like family. They think of everything, things are automatic, you don't have to ask, and the entire staff treats you as if you are their guest, not just your server. And the food... The FOOD, well, nothing short of delicious. From scratch with fresh ingredients and such flavors, wow, just WOW. GREAT prices for the quality too. We are just sad we don't actually live in Cincinnati (my in-laws do though, so we can come back!), because if we did we'd make dinner at Bella Luna a regular event. If I could I'd give them 6 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyone!MarsternDined on 7/5/2014I love this restaurant. We started at the bar with appetizers, drinks and live music. Then moved to our seats with an amazing waitress who gave excellent suggestions and shared the summer menu. We tried the chilled Brussels sprouts, Atlantic cod and mushroom ravioli and finished with the dessert trio (bread pudding, cannoli and tarimisu). The owner came by every table to check on things and was very nice. A visit with the whole family is next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itHairyPotterDined on 7/3/2014My nephew recommend Bella Luna to us for our 21st Anniversary. The food and service was fantastic. The waitress was attentive and helpful at all times. We live in Oxford Ohio and it take us a hour to go to Bella Luna. It was worth the ride and we will be returning soon. We loved it.Special Features:
- AmazingKJonesyDined on 7/3/2014The deal that I got from Groupon helped to make this happen for me and my partner to celebrate our anniversary together. Great wine list, servers are attentive without being over bearing, more than just Italian food to choose from. The owner and his wife are very engaged with their customers and I saw them working right along side their staff members. My partner and I were pleasantly surprised when the owner came over and gave us a gift certificate for a return visit since he found out we were celebrating our anniversary there.Special Features:
- Phenomenal experiencekellyDined on 7/3/2014From the moment we were greeted by the owner, the hostess and the bartenders - to the time we left - the staff and owner at Bella Luna made sure we felt special and welcome. The food was delicious and we loved the mystery wine bucket and the fact that our leftover wine could be corked and bagged to take home! As I had mentioned on my reservation via Open Table that we were celebrating our 26th anniversary, the staff gave us a wonderful booth - a great table location. We will go back and take our friends and family.Special Features: