Bella Luna - NYC
584 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bella Luna - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellalunanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 877-2267
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 12:00pm-5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private upper level seats 30 people.
- Private Party Contact: Guray Yuksel 2128772267
A word from Bella Luna - NYC
Bella Luna open since 1988 is a friendly neighborhood restaurant offering quality Northern Italian fare in a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Luna - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (19)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (14)special occasion (10)romantic (10)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (7)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great findJoshDined on 11/12/2014Great atmosphere for great food at great price. Couldn't mess with noise level since reviewing from mobile but it was very comfortable - not super quiet but not at all loud or distractingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday Dollar Wine2315Dined on 11/10/2014Bella Luna is a hit and miss restaurant. I have been going to Bella Luna for over ten years and that in itself makes this one, one of my mainstay restaurants on the Upper West Side. Everything I ordered were things I've had in this restaurant in the past, but not quite up to the same level as before. Maybe a different chef that night? Hm. This last visit was on a Monday and if you order $20.00 in food, they have available glasses of red and white wine for $1.00 a glass. Excellent value and the wine is actually very good. . If you're on a budget, this is definitely the place to go.Special Features:
- Wonderfully helpful for allergies!NycDinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014The restaurant was so accommodating and made my special order perfectly. The manager and waiter were so helpful for finding out what I would be able to eat and enjoy. I'll be back! Thank you Bella Luna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, good food @ good pricesNixdadDined on 11/2/2014Ate here after the NYC Marathon. Very nice, clean place. Friendly service. We ate from the $19.95 price fixe menu. Good selection, good food. Portions were a good size for the price.Special Features:
- Good FoodMichDinnerDined on 11/1/2014I ate at Bella Luna the night before running the NYC marathon. The pasta was fantastic. The Chicken Picatta was okay, not the best but definitely not the worst I've had. Would visit Bella Luna again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food. Great service.RThorityDined on 10/25/2014The food here was very good with many options for everyone--even me, a vegetarian. The staff were amiable, attentive, and fast. The atmosphere was warm and inviting with outside seating available. The prices were the lowest anywhere, and for all that you get, it's an amazing bargain. We tipped high!Special Features:
- Beautifully done foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2014The food at Bella Luna is sensitively thought out, with fine ingredients, beautifully composed and cooked. My friends and I especially enjoy meeting there for lunch and having their light (but ample) delicately created and delicious salads.Special Features:
- A lovely experienceThemusicmavenDined on 10/20/2014We returned to Bella Luna and had a wonderful time. The waiter was terrific and very patient. The room was as pleasant and quiet as we had experienced in the past. The menu is varied and the prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food offered. We had two guests who were delighted with every aspect of the evening and we all agreed to return again soon. Bravo Bella Luna !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive experienceRubyChewsdayDined on 10/20/2014Bella Luna had been recommended to me by two neighbors whose opinion I value, so I tried it for lunch and was not disappointed. The menu is well priced and there is a variety of fare available, notably the generously portioned $10.00 pasta dishes. The wine by glass is very inexpensive. They have half-price wine by the bottle on Wednesdays. While I can't remember anything about the decor, nor was I greeted with a smile when I arrived, the experience was generally very good. Low noise level, and easy to converse with dining partner, and very good value for the money. I do wish waiters were trained not to whisk plates away from one diner while others are still eating, however -- or at least ask first.Special Features:
- nice 4 brunchEat2LiveDined on 10/5/2014Had brunch there recently. Waiter was a lovely, bloody Mary's were delicious. Had a good time with an out of town guest.Special Features:
- Very satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Came here with two friends to carbo-load the night before a marathon. We made a reservation an hour beforehand on opentable. They had a table ready for us instead when we arrived. When asked if they had any outdoor seating, they pulled one of their tables inside and set it up outside in <5 mins. We ended up having the best seat in the house outside, secluded and surrounded by pots of flowers. The food was delicious and service was outstanding. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- DisaapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/2014Waiter was nonchalant, mostly missing, and quite surly. The food was OK & certainly edible, but the pasta dishes were swimming in watery liquid. I had eaten a good meal with nice service there once before & expected same for our group of six. Will probably not eat there again.
- JeremyVIPDined on 9/21/2014A delightful and delovely place to brunch. Tried their new manicotti with light and fluffy ricotta.Special Features:
- Good food good valueNoodlesDined on 9/10/2014Wanted local Italian. Food was good had shrimp with linguini. Prices were reasonable would go back. Didn't love our waiter but so it goes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoiceRaymageDined on 9/7/2014What can I say? We loved it at Bella Luna! We arrived and were seated immediately. The staff was attentive, very courteous and appreciative. The food was absolutely delicious. I Will recommend to others and will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!JeremyVIPDined on 9/6/2014I always keep coming back! This was the first business meeting I had at the restaurant and it was perfect. I really appreciate how the wait staff knows when you are in the middle of an important conversation and when it is OK to interrupt. It's really the little details like that why I keep coming back... and the food of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014Having just moved to the upper west side and having an open table credit coupon, we were going the pot luck route. We tried Bella Luna and were not disappointed by the food or the service. This is a basic but strong neighborhood Italian go to restaurant. Nothing frilly about it and maybe a bit tired on the decor side, but you won't leave hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent By UWS StandardsKappaxVIPDined on 8/21/2014Good food, OK dessert, great service but nothing outstanding. Its a good restaurant by UWS standards.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014We have dined at Bella Luna for a lot of years. Unfortunately, our experience last evening was disappointing. Both our main courses were tasteless. And, not to their usual standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have always enjoyed Bella LunaTampaDaveDined on 8/8/2014We had a great evening at Bella Luna. The menu includes many favourites and creative nightly specials at a very good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So greatJeremyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Excellent as always. Was there for brunch but had the pollo salad which never disappoints. Those mushrooms! yummy.Special Features:
- The following 392 reviews are from the Bella Luna - NYC reviews archive.
- joeygVIPDined on 7/18/2014Candyce is the best bartender and makes you feel at home always!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - Great FoodNYCRockerVIPDined on 7/3/2014This is the probably the 12th or 13th time I've been to Bella Luna (my family only lives 3 blocks away) and all I can say is the store is consistent. Not any better, not any worse. Same great food, same great service. Three things I have issue with: 1. Restaurant layout is important and Bella Luna could use a re-design to minimize noise from the bar in the dining area. I also find the split-level seating plan a bit distracting and potentially dangerous for older customers. 2. No kids menu. Bella Luna serves Italian food, How hard is it to portion out pasta & meatballs or chicken dishes for a smaller appetite? C'mon guys. 2014. People dine out with their children. 3. Poor hostess stand, Looks cheap and poorly situated.Special Features:
- Bella Luna Is A Community TreasureIrishfe53VIPDined on 6/10/2014Locals repeatedly dine at Bella Luna because of its consistently good food, friendly welcoming service and reasonable prices. Its $10 pasta dishes and lunch specials are particular bargains. A light dinner of cold vegetable antipasti for two, beef carpaccio with salad and shaved cheese, one drink and two espresso cost $42. My older guest and I enjoyed everything about this pleasant meal.Special Features:
- Top Notch!WestsiderVIPDined on 6/7/2014Always great. Food, service and ambience...it has it all!Special Features:
- Nice & ReasonableDlkdance94VIPDined on 6/5/2014Mussels appetizers very good. Fresh and nice sauce with wine and fresh basil. our pastas were good but nothing to write home about. Prices are excellent! Can get a price fixe including dessert for under $20! Nice service and wonderful outdoor seating for nice weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriDined on 5/29/2014As always, all aspects met expectations. This is one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants. The Rigatone a la Norma is excellent - a dish I frequently order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaddogVIPDined on 5/26/2014Very good neighborhood Italian at very reasonable prices. No ambiance but consistently good food and attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodWestsiderVIPDined on 5/25/2014Food, service, prices and ambience continue to make this a great find. Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicefoodiedoodyDined on 5/21/2014Great service and cozy ambience. They have a lunch menu with a wide variety of pastas. Also, the salmon is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better option than Gennaro's?AlwaysUpperWestDined on 5/18/2014Is that Blasphemy? I know Gennaro's has been around for years. But so has Bella Luna. Gennaro's had/has a reputation for an excellent meal, with amazing prices. And my meals there ARE always fabulous. But a family meal can certainly add up. Bella Luna... I don't think it has a reputation. But for an Italian restaurant that has been in the same location for at least 20 years... it deserves high praise (and they take credit cards!) While Gennaro's is fabulous... if you don't get there prior to 6:00pm, you may be out of luck for a table. And they pack you in. At Bella Luna, it's a very civilized dining experience. The staff is very friendly (although service was a little slow) when we were there Sunday night. We'll be back again soon!Special Features:
- Not as good as usual.nativeNYDined on 5/11/2014My daughter and I have been going to this restaurant at least three times a month for the past five years. The ambience is great. The service is excellent. At this point, we know almost everyone. However, the food seems to have dipped in quality lately. I had heard that the chef of 20 years or so hadleft a few months ago, but if the restaurant wants to stay relevant, they are going to have to revisit the recipes or the new chef's ability to cook them.Special Features:
- delish!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent food and service! Did not feel rushed and it was Mother's Day!Special Features:
- Just okJimDVIPDined on 5/10/2014The restaurant is attractive. The greeting was ok. The table was just ok. The service was a bit slow. I asked for red pepper twice and it never came. The food was not terrible but watery pasta at an Italian restaurant should never happen. The bill was fine. What can I say. There are many better Italian restaurants to choose from.
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantwslauraDined on 5/8/2014The ambience is nice, and the staff is very friendly and attentive. The salad misto was good. I had the shrimp scampi which was good, but I thought the portion was a bit small, but, then again, the price was quite reasonable. This is one of my go-to places when I want a nice meal, and where the noise level is low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ISPROUDVIPDined on 5/2/2014Enjoyed our dinner sitting outside on Columbus Ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella LunaBobLVIPDined on 5/2/2014I have been here many times & the food is always excellent. The prices are reasonable & they have a great $19.99 special w/ 3 courses appetizer, main course & desert, with quite a few selections, not just one or two. Worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mumsy12345Dined on 5/1/2014I have been going to Bella Luna for years but hadn't been recently. Took my grown kids the other night and was disappointed in the below average VERY garlicky pastas. Are they using that precut garlic from a jar???? Bruschetta and salads good, service was quite good, friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great Easter BrunchJeremyVIPDined on 4/20/2014Went there with friends for Easter brunch and sat outside. Looks like they got new tables for the patio. We ordered from their brunch menu: pesto sandwich, spinach omelette and the special of the day salmon omelette. I myself had the pesto sandwich and it was delish. Paired it up with a glass of Amaretto on the rocks and my friends took advantage of their 2x1 mimosas. We all shared a tartufo dessert to end our marvelous experience. This place never disappoints. Our waiter Diego was also super attentive and seemed happy to be there (which is a plus on such a busy day). David the manager (who kind of looks like Chris Kattan ha!) was also doing rounds and making sure everything was satisfactory. Will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner.1pricesavvymomDined on 4/18/2014My son,husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Bella Luna. Food is consistently good.. My son had the rigatoni wi/ eggplant, tomato sauce w/ ricotta cheese. I had the meatball & spaghetti prix fixe meal @ $20. My husband had the sea bass specialwhich was also prix fixxe but $5 more. The prix fixe has choice of soup, salad, or appetizer with entree and gelato for dessert.. I told the waiter that my son turned 13 that day. Even tho my son did not order the prix fixe meal (rigatono only $10 ) he got a double scoop of his favorite flavor, hazelnut.w/ candle on top .What a nice surprise! The service and food are very good, is inexpensive and the restaurant is big enough to accommodate a big group as well as intimate dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.