Bella Luna - NYC
584 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bella Luna - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellalunanyc.com/
- Phone: 2128772267
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 12:00pm-5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private upper level seats 30 people.
- Private Party Contact: Guray Yuksel 2128772267
A word from Bella Luna - NYC
Bella Luna open since 1988 is a friendly neighborhood restaurant offering quality Northern Italian fare in a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Luna - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (19)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (13)special occasion (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food good valueNoodlesDined on 9/10/2014Wanted local Italian. Food was good had shrimp with linguini. Prices were reasonable would go back. Didn't love our waiter but so it goes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoiceRaymageDined on 9/7/2014What can I say? We loved it at Bella Luna! We arrived and were seated immediately. The staff was attentive, very courteous and appreciative. The food was absolutely delicious. I Will recommend to others and will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!JeremyVIPDined on 9/6/2014I always keep coming back! This was the first business meeting I had at the restaurant and it was perfect. I really appreciate how the wait staff knows when you are in the middle of an important conversation and when it is OK to interrupt. It's really the little details like that why I keep coming back... and the food of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014Having just moved to the upper west side and having an open table credit coupon, we were going the pot luck route. We tried Bella Luna and were not disappointed by the food or the service. This is a basic but strong neighborhood Italian go to restaurant. Nothing frilly about it and maybe a bit tired on the decor side, but you won't leave hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent By UWS StandardsKappaxVIPDined on 8/21/2014Good food, OK dessert, great service but nothing outstanding. Its a good restaurant by UWS standards.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014We have dined at Bella Luna for a lot of years. Unfortunately, our experience last evening was disappointing. Both our main courses were tasteless. And, not to their usual standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have always enjoyed Bella LunaTampaDaveDined on 8/8/2014We had a great evening at Bella Luna. The menu includes many favourites and creative nightly specials at a very good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So greatJeremyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Excellent as always. Was there for brunch but had the pollo salad which never disappoints. Those mushrooms! yummy.Special Features:
- joeygVIPDined on 7/18/2014Candyce is the best bartender and makes you feel at home always!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - Great FoodNYCRockerVIPDined on 7/3/2014This is the probably the 12th or 13th time I've been to Bella Luna (my family only lives 3 blocks away) and all I can say is the store is consistent. Not any better, not any worse. Same great food, same great service. Three things I have issue with: 1. Restaurant layout is important and Bella Luna could use a re-design to minimize noise from the bar in the dining area. I also find the split-level seating plan a bit distracting and potentially dangerous for older customers. 2. No kids menu. Bella Luna serves Italian food, How hard is it to portion out pasta & meatballs or chicken dishes for a smaller appetite? C'mon guys. 2014. People dine out with their children. 3. Poor hostess stand, Looks cheap and poorly situated.Special Features:
- Bella Luna Is A Community TreasureIrishfe53VIPDined on 6/10/2014Locals repeatedly dine at Bella Luna because of its consistently good food, friendly welcoming service and reasonable prices. Its $10 pasta dishes and lunch specials are particular bargains. A light dinner of cold vegetable antipasti for two, beef carpaccio with salad and shaved cheese, one drink and two espresso cost $42. My older guest and I enjoyed everything about this pleasant meal.Special Features:
- Top Notch!WestsiderDined on 6/7/2014Always great. Food, service and ambience...it has it all!Special Features:
- Nice & ReasonableDlkdance94VIPDined on 6/5/2014Mussels appetizers very good. Fresh and nice sauce with wine and fresh basil. our pastas were good but nothing to write home about. Prices are excellent! Can get a price fixe including dessert for under $20! Nice service and wonderful outdoor seating for nice weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriDined on 5/29/2014As always, all aspects met expectations. This is one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants. The Rigatone a la Norma is excellent - a dish I frequently order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaddogVIPDined on 5/26/2014Very good neighborhood Italian at very reasonable prices. No ambiance but consistently good food and attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodWestsiderDined on 5/25/2014Food, service, prices and ambience continue to make this a great find. Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 384 reviews are from the Bella Luna - NYC reviews archive.
- servicefoodiedoodyDined on 5/21/2014Great service and cozy ambience. They have a lunch menu with a wide variety of pastas. Also, the salmon is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better option than Gennaro's?AlwaysUpperWestDined on 5/18/2014Is that Blasphemy? I know Gennaro's has been around for years. But so has Bella Luna. Gennaro's had/has a reputation for an excellent meal, with amazing prices. And my meals there ARE always fabulous. But a family meal can certainly add up. Bella Luna... I don't think it has a reputation. But for an Italian restaurant that has been in the same location for at least 20 years... it deserves high praise (and they take credit cards!) While Gennaro's is fabulous... if you don't get there prior to 6:00pm, you may be out of luck for a table. And they pack you in. At Bella Luna, it's a very civilized dining experience. The staff is very friendly (although service was a little slow) when we were there Sunday night. We'll be back again soon!Special Features:
- Not as good as usual.nativeNYDined on 5/11/2014My daughter and I have been going to this restaurant at least three times a month for the past five years. The ambience is great. The service is excellent. At this point, we know almost everyone. However, the food seems to have dipped in quality lately. I had heard that the chef of 20 years or so hadleft a few months ago, but if the restaurant wants to stay relevant, they are going to have to revisit the recipes or the new chef's ability to cook them.Special Features:
- delish!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent food and service! Did not feel rushed and it was Mother's Day!Special Features:
- Just okJimDVIPDined on 5/10/2014The restaurant is attractive. The greeting was ok. The table was just ok. The service was a bit slow. I asked for red pepper twice and it never came. The food was not terrible but watery pasta at an Italian restaurant should never happen. The bill was fine. What can I say. There are many better Italian restaurants to choose from.
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantwslauraDined on 5/8/2014The ambience is nice, and the staff is very friendly and attentive. The salad misto was good. I had the shrimp scampi which was good, but I thought the portion was a bit small, but, then again, the price was quite reasonable. This is one of my go-to places when I want a nice meal, and where the noise level is low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ISPROUDVIPDined on 5/2/2014Enjoyed our dinner sitting outside on Columbus Ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella LunaBobLVIPDined on 5/2/2014I have been here many times & the food is always excellent. The prices are reasonable & they have a great $19.99 special w/ 3 courses appetizer, main course & desert, with quite a few selections, not just one or two. Worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mumsy12345Dined on 5/1/2014I have been going to Bella Luna for years but hadn't been recently. Took my grown kids the other night and was disappointed in the below average VERY garlicky pastas. Are they using that precut garlic from a jar???? Bruschetta and salads good, service was quite good, friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great Easter BrunchJeremyVIPDined on 4/20/2014Went there with friends for Easter brunch and sat outside. Looks like they got new tables for the patio. We ordered from their brunch menu: pesto sandwich, spinach omelette and the special of the day salmon omelette. I myself had the pesto sandwich and it was delish. Paired it up with a glass of Amaretto on the rocks and my friends took advantage of their 2x1 mimosas. We all shared a tartufo dessert to end our marvelous experience. This place never disappoints. Our waiter Diego was also super attentive and seemed happy to be there (which is a plus on such a busy day). David the manager (who kind of looks like Chris Kattan ha!) was also doing rounds and making sure everything was satisfactory. Will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner.1pricesavvymomDined on 4/18/2014My son,husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Bella Luna. Food is consistently good.. My son had the rigatoni wi/ eggplant, tomato sauce w/ ricotta cheese. I had the meatball & spaghetti prix fixe meal @ $20. My husband had the sea bass specialwhich was also prix fixxe but $5 more. The prix fixe has choice of soup, salad, or appetizer with entree and gelato for dessert.. I told the waiter that my son turned 13 that day. Even tho my son did not order the prix fixe meal (rigatono only $10 ) he got a double scoop of his favorite flavor, hazelnut.w/ candle on top .What a nice surprise! The service and food are very good, is inexpensive and the restaurant is big enough to accommodate a big group as well as intimate dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014I was looking forward to Bella Luna- it was a dinner for our anniversary and it had gotten some pretty good reviews. We weren't impressed with the service or the food. Overall, it was okay. Don't think we will go back.
- Consistently DependableWestsiderDined on 4/5/2014This restaurant continues to be one of the most reasonable with incredible pre-fix offerings, excellent service, good food and lovely ambience. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great experience!FionaDined on 4/4/2014Nice "girls night" spot. Food, wine, service were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva Italiano!HenrypDined on 3/19/2014Great neighborhood dinning complete with excellent, attentive service. My date and I were there for hours and not once did we feel they wanted to turn the table. We were offered a standard menu as well as a price fixed menu. The Price fixed menu, which we both chose, provided plenty of choices and really good portions. We were pleasantly surprised to learn that Wednesday evenings (which this was) wine by the bottle is half priced, how can you go wrong. A good place to have a good dinning experience without breaking the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2014We love the restaurant and have been coming here for years. Everyone is so friendly and the food is incredible!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, very friendly service,visitingnewyorkDined on 3/8/2014Good food, very friendly service, prompt and accommodating of special requestsSpecial Features:
- Always a good experience andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/23/2014Always a good experience and consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- Really Great ItalianBwaybbDined on 2/22/2014So glad we decided to try this one. The food was delicious. Pasta sauces were amazing. My veal piccata was not the best, but I forgive them because the rest of the meal was fabulous!Special Features:
- Great surpriseNancyDined on 2/22/2014I had to find a last minute place to meet a group of friends for lunch. Since I knew that no one wanted to stand on one of the endless brunch lines, I tried to find something different. Bella Luna had a brunch menu, but their regular menu looked great and reasonable. Throughout the meal, people said, " Wow, this food is wonderful,", or " It's so nice that you can hear each other in here.", or "The waiter is so nice." We had a great bottle of wine, shared a dessert, and the bill for the four of us was about $85.00. Without the wine, we would have been looking at about a $55 bill for the four of us including a nice tip. I will definitely be back, often.Special Features:
- What I was looking forTraveljunkieDined on 2/16/2014I was looking for a good and reasonably priced restaurant to eat my favorite dish - veal piccata - in the Upper West Side. Wasn't in the mood to venture to Little Italy, Lower East side or crazy midtown. The service was outstanding and the veal was everything I expected it to be. Will definitely stop by here again.Special Features:
- A gemdispalarDined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I found this restaurant on Valentine's Day and it was perfect. It's a small, quaint restaurant. We were very comfortable and the food was amazing. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, as alwaysMichelleDined on 2/14/2014Bella Luna has been my and my husband's special place for years. Usually you don't have to make a reservation, but because it was Valentine's Day, I wanted to make sure we got a table. I made my reservations through opentable, however due to a computer glitch, they did not have our reservation. Because we are regulars and I had my email confirmation, we were assured that we would get a table. We waited maybe 10 minutes. Management and staff were great. They apologized for the inconvenience, they entertained our 16 month old and she entertained them as well. The food was delicious and I enjoyed the special "for her" Valentine's drink. Thanks to David for sitting us down so quickly and to Tim, the waiter we always ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceDiscerningOneDined on 2/14/2014Waitstaff was friendly. Food was good. Nice ambience. Def a decent little date-night place. The best part was the prices: $10 for a bowl of tasty pasta with fresh mozzarella and very good sauce. Dinner for two with one shared appetizer was $31. Can't beat that. Quibbles: bread with dinner would have been better had it been warmed up, and even better had they given us some olive oil to dip it in. We didn't drink, so we can't comment on wine/drinks. Overall, thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.