Bella Luna - Goodyear
14175 West Indian School Rd.
Goodyear, AZ 85395Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bella Luna - Goodyear
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellalunaaz.com/
- Phone: 623-535-4642x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Dinner: Daily: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Make Reservations For Christmas Eve Dinner & New Years !!
A word from Bella Luna - Goodyear
Bella Luna Ristorante is family owned and operated. Awarded for outstanding food and service. They source fresh local ingredients along with irreplaceable Italian imports. This family has been in the food & beverage industry for over 60 years, 16 in the west valley. Check out the wall of fame, displaying celebrities that have dined here. Wonderful cozy place to eat inside as well as out on the patio. Specials offered daily from veal chop dishes, Osso Buco, Steak and fresh sea food. Earning a full four stars not only because of their amazing food but also because of the great service. Excellent Italian wine list with some of Italy's best wine including Barolos, Barbarescos, and Brunellos. They will discount selected bottles of wine on Wednesday. You'll feel welcomed with the wonderful hospitality offered.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Luna - Goodyear reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- 15741574Dined on 6/13/2014We have eaten here since they opened. It still is a favorite after many years. The quality stays high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 51 reviews are from the Bella Luna - Goodyear reviews archive.
- Nice PlaceChuxDined on 5/11/2014The ambiance was very inviting and relaxing, the food and wine was great. My wife and son really enjoyed their dinner. On a busy night the staff worked hard to fulfill orders. I plan on going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella LunaFriendsVIPDined on 5/11/2014Ordered the Fisk and risotto special. The risotto was way too wet and that also caused the breaded fish to be sopping wet as well. Bread was excellent. Wine was good and nicely priced. Service was very good. I might try it again for the pasta.
- LisaCinHBLisaCDined on 5/11/2014Excellent food and friendly service. Quiet enough to have good conversation.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningChadwickDined on 4/25/2014This was the first time there and we found the service and food very good. Will probably be backSpecial Features:
- LibertadVIPDined on 4/10/2014everything was fine! Service and food were all good. 1st time eating here.
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014My wife and I just moved here from Buffalo,NY. We found Bella Luna by accident by just driving around, and now been there 5 times. All our guest that visit we have taken there and all loved it. Everyone always friendly, service is the best!!!!!! Thank you Bella LunaSpecial Features:
- Nice placeLikes2eatDined on 3/15/2014Enjoyed this meal. Very good starters -- Four of us shared the Antipasto Mediterranio and also the Mussels. Plenty of food, everything tasted fresh and flavorful. Two individuals ordered the specials, which they enjoyed; shrimp was cooked properly, and sauces were good. The other two meals... The Eggplant Parmesan was tasty and not greasy, but as it was sliced very thin, there was a bit too much breading and not enough vegetable. The Saltimbocca was very good, and that plate was cleaned! Spaghetti was done perfectly, although my personal taste runs to a richer marinara. The wine list wasn't huge, but had good variety. The Chianti Classico Reserva was very good (although a tad pricey per glass). Too full for dessert! We will go back.Special Features:
- Great food/ Minimal servicePapaBDined on 2/22/2014The local restaurant had very good Italian fare at a competitive price, but lacked the attention to service. When I arrived at our reservation time I was informed I would need to wait because I was already crossed off the list. Outdoor seating next to the parking lot was ok but, somewhat distracting in the strip mall. The waiter appeared occasionally, but seemed distracted by our presence the entire visit. The meal from the menu as well as the daily special were both very good, when they eventually arrived. The young hostess was most attentive to the guests and flow of the service, whereas the senior hostess seemed more interested in the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After watching an employeeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014After watching an employee come back from the local grocery store we waited over an hour and a half for our main dish. Which was over cooked and way to salty. Probably not going back.
- Excellent!ShariDined on 1/25/2014A friend and I wanted a nice place to go out for dinner one evening. I'd never been to Bella Luna but had noticed it when shopping in the center it's located in. Oh my goodness! The food was excellent. Very authentic dishes. I had the orange roughy and my friend had the veal oscar. Superb! And the bread pudding was to die for!!!!! We chose to eat outside as the restaurant was busy and a bit noisy. Service was the best I'd experienced. Can wait to go back again!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013I was taking friends out for a holiday meal. We had the Chef's special. Filet mignon, grilled shrimp, butternut squash ravioli with a rosea pesto sauce and baked asparagus. It was a joy to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningImup2itDined on 11/9/2013This is the second time we have dined here recently & this time we brought some of our friends. Food is wonderfully fresh with many menu options. Easily the best dinner we have had recently and a great find for anyone who appreciates Italian cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too Loud inside!grandmalulu1Dined on 11/8/2013Love your Restaurant, but wish we had eaten outside. It is soooooo loud in there, you can't hear your guest speak. Also, you don't carry a Variety of White Wines, such as Reislings. A glass of Wine for $8 + dollars in a little neighborhood Restaurant is Ridiculously High....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined at Bella LunaFredDined on 11/8/2013We have dined at Bella Luna many times. Always a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Goodyear FavoriteDRBinDPDined on 11/8/2013Great place for good Italian food. Staff was friendly and the service was great. We''ll be back!!!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceGoldenGirlDined on 11/8/2013We wanted something that was a combination of items on the menu and they were very accommodating about meeting our needs. The service was great and so was the food. I would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From out of townTsilverVIPDined on 11/5/2013I always use Open Table when traveling. This is a great find. Wonderful menu selections, fantastic personal service. I asked for stuffed olives in my martini, so the bartender made them for me on the spot! Dinner and dessert were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just OK.CarolDined on 10/26/2013Unfortunately, we were annoyed by the lack of light (couldn't read the menu). We asked for a flashlight (none) so the server let us use his cell phone light. The bread was like wonder bread with a crispy crust, definitely "blah". However, the garlic infused butter was a nice touch . Salad was from a bag w/ cold slice of tomato on top....uninspired. Husband liked the chicken parmigiana, and I enjoyed my farfalle w/chicken & vodka sauce. Our companion felt "cheated" by only getting 2 clam shells on her linguine and complained that her old fashioned wasn't crafted properly. Still, it was not a corporate restaurant which is good, had a pleasant atmosphere (except for the lighting). We wouldn't make a point of going there again...but it was ok.
- very good local italian spot!SnugsDined on 10/13/2013very good Italian food. We both enjoyed our meals very much. Yummy garlic infused breads in the bread basket is a nice touch. Good, friendly service. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerMnV13Dined on 9/20/2013it was my wife and I's anniversary and we chose Bella Luna and I personally feel it was a great choice the food is great the service was outstanding and the ambiance was perfect for the special night between my wife and I thank you very much staff and management of Bella LunaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian in the DesertMayoplanVIPDined on 9/18/2013I was with a fellow group of golfers west of Phoenix recently and found Bella Luna on Open Table. The restaurant is well adorned. The food is good. I ordered the lentil soup and Bolognaise. The soup was great and the Bolognaise was good (It's been Americanized). The service was superb. Unfortunately, The wine list was overpriced. There was nothing decent under $35/bottle. For a small town, like Goodyear Arizona, the pricing was a bit pretentious. Overall, a good restaurant and one of the few interesting options in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we'll be back!celebr8ingouranniDined on 9/1/2013Celebrated our 6th Anniversary and chose to eat somewhere different, so we tried Bella Luna for our first time. Very romantic atmosphere- even though we brought our 4 year old. Very excited they had kids menu and chocolate milk! Great Italian bread with amazing herb butter. Odd that they only had one salad dressing but it was delicious. Entrees were wonderful as well as service. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is a gem. FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2013This place is a gem. Family owned and operated. Staff is first class. Food is full of flavor. A very nice place that reminds me of ITALY. This is the best I've found all things being equal in the SW Valley. It's comfortable and rewarding. Pricing is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurantdlm48Dined on 7/11/2013Food was outstanding, we had the special which was scallops and shrimp scampi over a bed of spinach/risotto with a lemon/butter sauce. We were there during the week so it was not very busy and very quiet. It was a cute little place with black linen table clothes tucked away in the corner of the Safeway shopping center. They have a nice patio for outdoor dining but we were there in July so it was a tad warm to be eating outdoors. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone. I love the fact that it is not a chain restaurant as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet 5th anniversarygailandmikeDined on 7/8/2013The atmosphere was quiet and un-rushed, the service was spot-on and the food was to die for. The Chef's special of rolled chicken filled with three cheeses and spinach in a marsala sauce was excellent and so was the seafood diavalo. The portions were large so that an appetizer would have been too much. And the Sicilian twist on the desert was very good. We left the plate clean. From an old Italian boy (with roots in Naples Italy) from the east coast, the flavors and evening were terrific. Gratia from my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Night OutFredInAZDined on 7/6/2013Attendance was low for a Saturday Evening. Background music was appropriate and unobtrusive. Orange Roughy was the evening special. It was sauteed with an egg/flour coating and served over a bed of rissoto with sauteed spinach. We shared a bottle of very nice white wine. It was altogether a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely disappointedJenniferVIPDined on 5/12/2013Took my mom there for Mother's Day Brunch. Food was just Ok ( A bit under seasoned) nothing really special, seemed to me that the Brunch Menu was an after thought. My Mom was served her entree a good 5 min before mine, the Fruit Salad consisted mostly of grapes (which still had stems on them) We also never got asked if we wanted another mimosa, found out later that re-fills were only $2.00. The chocolate-covered strawberrie that we received at the end of the meal was almost laughable No PRESENTATION what-so-ever. It seems that Bella Luna is really trying to be something that it's not (fine dinning) BUT it's just not. The service and the food do not warrent there high prices. I wanted this to be special for my mom and it just wasn't.
- Good Italian dining in GoodyearBoiZ2AZDined on 4/29/2013Bella Luna in Goodyear is the neighborhood's best spot for Italian food. Service was good and everyone at our table really enjoyed their dinners. Can recommend the veal marsala and their special mixed seafood entree ( almost like a cioppino).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saterday night reviewJoeuDined on 4/27/2013After finishing our salads and the plates were cleared, we waited a solid 15 minutes for our main course. Not trying to complain but really too long of a wait. It was not packed, so the 15 minutes seemed forever. Food was average, not bad but just not great. Service was good, and decor was a nice theme. Nice Patio out front so that could be very nice enjoy a meal when the weather is just right. It's nice to know it's there and would not rule out again, but we will explore else where first.I would recommend this to a friend.
- There server was pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2013There server was pleasant and helpful, ensuring we got the happy hour specials. The meals were great. They actually taste like great Italian food, as opposed to the food from chains which is clearly non memorable and designed only to feed you. It was so good we visited again-very unusual for us to do so as we like to try different places. But great food and great service trump a potential new experience that often turns out to be quite unremarkable. Also love the idea of 10% off for cash-there are no surprises here.Special Features:
- We discovered Bella Luna lastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013We discovered Bella Luna last year for a late lunch and have been enjoying it ever since. It is the first place we think of to take visitors for dinner and recommend it to anyone looking for good Italian food.Special Features:
- Being Italian, I know whatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2013Being Italian, I know what good Italian food tastes like and Bella Luna is most definitely authentic Italian dining. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an good restaurant to eat out in Goodyear.Special Features:
- food was good. we had beenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013food was good. we had been there several times before. we had reservations for 7 p.m. when we arrived the restaurant was packed with many people milling around outside waiting to be seated. it was obvious that the restaurant was overbooked by a lot. we finally got seated at 7:30 (The first time that happened to us with an open table reservation) the wait staff was friendly, but overwhelmed. it took us almost 2 hours for dinner. this was an hour longer than we would expect. this was not our choice, but an overwhelmed kitchen. in the midst of our dinner, the owner had an argument in front of our table with an irate customer, disturbing our dinner.
- Go Somewhere ElseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013Service was horrible food wasn't priced well for what you got and it was under seasoned.
- Enjoyed our calamari, lasagnaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2013Enjoyed our calamari, lasagna and spaghetti. Service was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012The service was excellent. When we arrived at the restaurant, our table was not ready. We were directed to wait at the small bar and encouraged to enjoy a drink while we waited. At the conclusion of our meal we discovered that the wines we had while we waited for our table were not charged to us. A very nice policy! Regarding the food, it was good but not outstanding. The stuffed salmon and stuffed shrimp were overcooked. The veal oscar was just okay. Nevertheless, the dining experience was overall pleasant, but we will probably not return. The prices are rather high for the food not to be of the highest quality.Special Features:
- This place has fabulous food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2012This place has fabulous food. I have already been recommeding this place before I even came back.Special Features:
- The staff was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/10/2012The staff was very friendly and accommodating, food was good...took a group of 7 and the people were very impressed with the ambiance of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Italian fare. Excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2012Great Italian fare. Excellent, knowledgeable service. Josephine is the best. Richard is a gem. All veal dishes we've tried are delicious--the veal francese is my favorite.Special Features: