640-644 Bloomfield Ave
Verona, NJ 07044Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellagentenj.com/
- Phone: 973-239-4416x
- Hours of Operation:
Tues-Thursday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm;
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm;
Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Angelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Bella Gente Ristorante is one of the few restaurants with two dinning sides in Verona NJ. The BG's room where you can eat our famous oven brick pizzas as well as the regular menu. In our R'S dinning room you'll find our fine dinning option, with a classic Mediterranean atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Martin A. 9732394416
- Special Events: CHRISTMAS PREFIXED MENU
Crab Cakes or
Roasted Peppers and Mozzarella
House Salad or Caesar
Penne Tomatoes and Basil
Chicken Francese or Della Casa
Veal Picatta or Francese
NY Strip Steak w/Pepper & Onions
p/person + Taxes
Make your Reservation at 973 239 4416 ask for Martin A.
A word from Bella Gente
Bella Gente is one of Verona, N.J.'s most popular Trattoria & Ristorante. We are famous for our Brick Oven Pizza and are considered one of the best in town, as well as a variety of specialty dishes created by our own chef Angelo, such as Rock Shrimp Arrabiata, Homemade Soups, Scungilli Fra-Diavolo served with Long Hot Peppers etc. We provide a casual dining experience as well as a formal dining experience with a Mediterranean decor along with a fast, friendly and efficient waitstaff to cater to your every need. We look forward to receiving your reservations and treating you the way you deserve.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Gente reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Nice Dinner - Bella Gente in VeronaKateDined on 7/3/2014Had a Groupon for dinner for four and made reservations for a Thursday night at 6. We sat in the dining room and it wasn't crowded. Brought a bottle wine and a couple beers for the guys. The wait staff was very attentive and there was even a young singing waiter! Food was very good and they give you plenty. Two of us had pasta entrees, one had broiled tilapia and last had chicken. We all enjoyed our meal. The only item I didn't care for was stuffed mushroom appetizer. We did not have dessert since we were all full but all of us agreed we would come back.Special Features:
- LLKLVIPDined on 6/28/2014Oscar makes the best pizza anywhere! Loyal customers keep coming back for the pizza and pasta dishes.Special Features:
- online reservation did not workasa1969Dined on 6/8/2014Hello, I hope someone will read this. On June 8th, 2014 I booked online reservation for 2 people at 4pm. I received confirmation number and here t was my friend 60th birthday so I wanted make it for him more special. We walked in and restaurant was completely full, booked for a party. I was embarrassed in front of my friend.Special Features:
- The following 27 reviews are from the Bella Gente reviews archive.
- Great service awesome yummy pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/29/2014Staff were attentive and upbeat. Food was good and the pizza was really amazing! They aim to please here, and I am a picky customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks like a nursing homesusanVIPDined on 4/1/2014Looks like a nursing home inside. Tired and worn atmosphere. No the place it used to be.
- Food was very good, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014Food was very good, however, service needs much improvement.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day Double TakeBirdVIPDined on 2/14/2014Food was good although the service was notably slow and we should have ordered the pizza as that is what we saw everyone around us eating; however we ordered from the menu and the food left a lot to be desired...Special Features:
- Worst Service EverRichVIPDined on 2/14/2014Went here last night for valentines day. Had a reservation for 830 and was not seated until 845, no big deal but when our table was ready we were waved over to come sit instead of walked to our table. We never had a waiter or waitress. The host took care of us and took our order and we were never checked on for the rest of the night. We probably could have walked out and nobody would have known. We had 3 different people handle our check, one brought it, one took it to run my card and another person brought it back for me to sign. The service was absolutely the worst I have seen in any restaurant. The upside of this place is that it's byob and the food is very good and the prices are reasonable. Portions are large and it is very good.
- Worth another tripDinerDined on 1/18/2014Enjoyable and relaxing. Staff was very attentive and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal at a reasonablePeterVIPDined on 1/11/2014Great meal at a reasonable cost with attentive and pleasant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experienceLJZ1VIPDined on 12/7/2013Terrible experience. Despite taking our reservation, main dining room was closed for a private party. Table provided in pizza/take-out section next door. I don't begrudge the operator booking a private party, but be straight when accepting reservations. A normal pleasant experience, been there in the past, was a crowded loud environment. We left quickly. Will have second thoughts of booking here in the future.
- A Great RestaurantDocCVIPDined on 11/20/2013Five of us had dinner there to celebrate my wife's birthday. Everyone had a great time, The food as usual was very good. The staff on their own came out and sang happy birthday to her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was a pizzeriaCLokDined on 10/11/2013we walked in. we left. it was a pizzeria with tables for the family We have no idea what the food was likeSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceDocCVIPDined on 9/29/2013My wife and I found this restaurant met our requirements of excellent food and service. It was well worth the reasonable price. We will definitely go there again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, but not the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/16/2013Have been wanting to go here for some time. Finally pulled the trigger and was pleasantly surprised by this Verona gem. Took the kids (ages 5 and 2) and they were also loving the food! Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual restraurantDeesDined on 7/21/2013We enjoyed our meals at Bella Gente. The service and the food were outstanding. This is a nice casual Italian restaurant. It is clean and has a pleasant atmosphere. Best of all...you can bring your own bottle. We will definitely eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2013A big group of us went here for Father's Day and it was wonderful. The food was great and the price was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great, consistentLLKLVIPDined on 5/5/2013Always a great, consistent meal! Pizza is the best around.Special Features:
- Have been going to Bella GenteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/27/2013Have been going to Bella Gente for at least 15 years and was terribly disappoint with the service offered. First our starters were delivered to the wrong table. The our mains arrived not all at once, with one not arriving at all. The waitress claimed it had been also delivered to the wrong table and our guest had to switch to another dish to complete her meal. During that time the owner walked past our table several times and didn't even offer his apologizes. The restaurant lacked the proper staffing to operate.
- Excellent food; very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2013Excellent food; very attentive staff. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Had previously written a reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/1/2013Had previously written a review including a small complaint about a heating problem. Went back again and am very pleased to report that the problem seems to have been resolved. This is a wonderful place to go for a great meal at a great price. In addition, there are two parts to the restaurant. One side is a trattoria style casual dining area, while the other side has a more formal atmosphere. However, casual dress is the norm for both sides. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Friendly service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013Excellent food. Friendly service. Appetizers came quickly, but main course ( ordered with appys) took forever. Food was excellent once we got it. 5 people at 7pm, didn't get out until after ten.Special Features:
- we waited at least ten minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/26/2013we waited at least ten minutes before the host came over and greeted us, which was very awkward because you're standing in the dinning room next to tables filled with customers. The host dressed like he works in a deli -- in the back room. our entrees had parts that were undercooked and overcooked at the same time. It's evident that the restaurant is going through management changes and it is understaffed. will not go back.
- Food is excellent. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/25/2013Food is excellent. Service very friendly. Prices are very reasonable for the area. Only complaint at this time is the trattoria side is very cold. This is a big drawback for the winter months & people said it's this way every winter. Suggest some type of supplemental heating if existing boiler can't do the job.Special Features:
- Never again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Poor service. We knew there was going to be an issue when we heard, who we think was the manager, apologizing to leaving patrons. Never will go back.
- Great local restaurant. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/19/2013Great local restaurant. Food is always the best, especially the individual size pizzas. Very friendly atmosphere, good service. Great place for family dining.Special Features:
- really good food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/16/2013really good food, great service, becoming our go to place. really does a great job with fish, but haven't had anything we didn't likeSpecial Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2013We used a coupon and so we tried everything. We had 1 cold and 2 hot apps. All Great. We tried the seafood salad - excellent. We all had a different dish - Veal, Fish and chicken - all great.I took home two small pizzas and the teens loved them.Had a great time and the service was excellent! we will certainly go back!Special Features:
- The service was very poorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2012The service was very poor and it was apparent that the kitchen could not handle the full restaurant. The entire dinner took 3 hours without dessert. The food was good so I would give it one more chance. It was New Years Eve but the tables were staggered so it should not have been a problem.
- Really nice place, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/1/2012Really nice place, good food, pleasant atmosphere, great service, fair prices really enjoyed and was treated nicelySpecial Features: