147 Cochituate Road
Framingham, MA 01701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellacosta.net/
- Phone: (508) 626-1728
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:00am – 9:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am – 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am – 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering Available - Speak to Paul or Bob at 508-626-1728 for more information!
- Private Party Facilities: Bella Costa offers a warm, casual, and elegant dining experience. With a private function room, we would love to host your private events-from meetings, birthday parties, engagement parties, wedding receptions and more! We do not charge any room fees (room fees can exceed $100 at most restaurants).
- Private Party Contact: Paul or Bob 8772682490
- Entertainment: Live Piano every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings!
- Special Events: Catering and Private Dining options available - Speak to Paul or Bob at 508-626-1728 for more information!
A word from Bella Costa
Bella costa Ristorante has been a family operated business since 1986, warm personal service creates a comfortable, home-like atmosphere. The owner/chef and his staff serve you great food prepared with only the finest ingredients, top quality meats and seafood that is delivered fresh daily. We offer to cater any event at the location of your choice or in the perfect setting, our function room. whether you have a wedding reception, business party, baby shower, you can create your own menu from our generous menu offerings and we will attend to your every need we will make sure to make your celebration the one to remember. As a result of our quality food great prices and unsurpassed hospitality, we have received great reviews from local newspapers and the boston globe. Bella Costa has been voted "Best of the Best" for Framingham Best Italian Restaurant and #1 Dinning Excellence for 6 years running.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bella Costa - Best Restaurants in Framingham ›
Bella Costa reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (9)romantic (7)special occasion (6)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice evening with friends, but food lacks flavor..TeeeVIPDined on 11/22/2014We had a nice evening catching up with friends. Our table was ready at the requested time. The service was exceptional ....there when needed but not hovering. The menu is very diverse with something for everyone. Although the food was good, there was something lacking. All the sauces were bland and flavorless. The marsala needed more marsala, the ceasar dressing needed more flavor, the red sauce was a plain tomato base with not much added. I don' know if this a cost cutting measure in the kitchen, but the recipes need to be reexamined. I would return, but would choose my selection more carefully. We were not rushed but I noticed that the restaurant was half empty when we left.
- GREAT REDISCOVERYFIRSTBORNWONDERVIPDined on 11/20/2014Rediscovered Bella Costa after many yaers of absence. Nice job updating the place. Loved my seafood fra diavolo. Really enjoyed the piano and singing. Will not wait so long the next time. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- BalesfaDined on 11/15/2014We were seated promptly for our reservation, good service, 4 people and everyone enjoyed their meal. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014Although the menu wand portions were enormous, the food was not very good. Very cold doughy rolls, I had mushrooms as an app, at the waitress told me to be careful the plate was very hot. Well the plate may have been hot the mushrooms were ice cold. We all left over 3/4 of our dinner there. Wouldn't recommend, wouldn't go back. However the owner and the service were very nice.Special Features:
- TanyaGDined on 11/1/2014My family enjoyed the homemade pasta. The portions were ample, including the kids plate. Calamari was delicious. I had the salmon salad. It was very good, I'd just caution that the dressing was a little too sweet for my taste. Bread was good. Ambiance was nice since we were seated in the room without the large TV playing "two and a half men". That would have been less than desirable. The other room has a piano player. They could use to turn up the lights a tad as we like to see what we're eating. Otherwise we'll be returning for certain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014BC was recommended by a friend. We were mutually meeting friends for a dining night out. All great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014years past I would go to bella costa not expecting much and that was what I got. everything was ok nothing over the top. but the service was always very good. have not been back there for over a year. I don't know what happened but bella costa did a 360. the food is very good. fresh pasta the only place in framingham westboro Natick area. Do not over look the pork chop. I love pork chops, I travel for pork chops, now I no longer have to travel. perfectly done, not over cooked and double cut. the steak, my wife gets the small plate steak, perfect size and very tender. don't waste your time at the steak house chain on rt 9 or the other place. The people are wonderful, the service always very respectful.Special Features:
- Fair prices, good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The experience was good. The wine was good, and the food was good. The service was also good. The restaurant was very loud due to a live piano player - added ambiance, but the music was too loud and the show tunes and disney tunes being played didn't jive with the restaurant atmosphere. I would suggest a softer and more mellow music mix for this restaurant. I wouldn't go out of my way to go here again, but it was a nice restaurant with good prices and good food.
- great mealAndrewDined on 10/17/2014Food is always good and service is too. Friday nights they have music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good meal!GrandmaDined on 10/16/2014A really nice, comfortable, friendly and reasonable reastaurant offering good food.Special Features:
- very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014a wonderful dining experience in every way, food, service, friendly ambiance -- also enjoyed the piano playerSpecial Features:
- 1st time dinner diner @ Bella CostaFareBitsDined on 10/6/2014Had friends visiting, staying at local hotel.Did not want to bring them for dinner at a mall or a large chain restaurant, so decided to try BC It's slightly set back off the main road in a nondescript spot, so may easily be missed in the dark.Plenty of parking. Starter dense bread slices (served with olive oil) looked good, but had no flavor at all. Entrées were tasty (tender veal, chicken, baked and fried scallops) and sides were generous enough to share. Bananas Foster dessert nicely presented with lots of flaming banana brandy...also a quantity worthy of sharing. Overall, not gourmet food but above average flavor and consistency.Friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014Great local Italian restaurant with reasonably priced consistently delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Authentic ItalianMarcoNVIPDined on 9/25/2014My second try and just not for me. Veal Saltimbocca was just a big glop of melted american mozzarella. Service was very good.
- A great place for a nice dinnerMatyelonDined on 9/25/2014Bella Costa takes me back to Tuscany, the food is excellent and very authentic. The restaurant is ver cute and the service was great. It makes for a very enjoyable evenin with friends. We have been here a number of times and always enjoy it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better this time...skipinmaVIPDined on 9/20/2014We went one night in the winter and it was slammed and while the food was great the restaurant was overwhelmed. On this night things were a lil slower but the food was still amazing and the service perfect. We started with caesar salads, arancini, Mussels in white sauce and then we split the Scallops Florentine. All of it was very good and Bob our waiter was pretty on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going away party for a collegueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Food was very good but service and the overall dining experience ...not so good. We had a reservation for 6 and had to ask for the table to be moved; no table cloth or placemats; wrong meals were served to guests and not corrected when pointed out; ordered a bottle of wine that was bad, so did not accept (awkward) but chose another wine that was good. Interior felt old and dated. The parking lot was dirty not welcoming, so entry to the restaurant was an immediate turn off, if not for the fact that that we had a reservation for a group and were meeting people there, I wouldn't have gone any further. I felt bad since this was a going away party for a colleague and I organized it.
- Too greasyTunaDined on 9/14/2014My family and I wanted to try a new place for Sunday brunch. From the reviews, we decided on Bella Costa. It wasn't bad, but it was wasn't good. The place is almost nice (dirty old rug, our waiter had body odor, dark and dingy). The staff was nice, but nothing special even after we told them it was our first time at Bella Costa. The food wasn't horrible, but it was soo greasy. Even my daughters, who love bacon, wouldn't eat it all. You could tell the bacon and hash browns were pre-cooked and sitting in the oil they release during cooking. The food was also very salty and all tasted the same. That means they cook everything on the same grill and don't clean it after cooking a particular type of food. For the price, I would go somewhere else.
- GOOD FOOD, FRIENDLY ATMOSPHEREOPSLDined on 8/7/2014WE RECEIVED EXCELLENT SERVICE AND WERE GREETED BY THE OWNER WHEN WE ARRIVED AND THANKED US FOR OUR BUSINESS WHEN WE LEFT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvfoodDined on 7/29/2014The bread served as an entrée for the meal was delicious. The overall atmosphere was a bit rambunctious, with the television, radio and surrounding conversations all occurring at once. The food was very good, but please take note that there is a small plate option for a reason. Excellent Italian food, good service, parking is difficult but manageable.Special Features:
- The following 127 reviews are from the Bella Costa reviews archive.
- Best Italian in Metro westRobinGDined on 7/26/2014Great Italian food, homey feel and great service. Brunch and lunch are just as good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choiceFoodsnobDined on 7/2/2014We found this place on the net. We checked it out in person before our reserved time. It is a quiet and homey spot with live piano music. The food was good but not stellar. The service was very good, efficient and friendly. The decor needs a facelift. Overall though it was a wonderful evening in a local gem, filled with locals who love the whole experience. That's why it's been around for 28 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston scrod not goodCvjvVIPDined on 6/27/2014Salads looked great, but our scrod tasted like it had been cooked in Italian dressing and it have a mushy top. This made for an oily tasting dish. Cooked vegetables and mashed potato's were fine. I ordered a diet coke and no one returned to see if I needed a refill, so I drank more water; which really is a better choice.Special Features:
- I'd go back.sfallcDined on 6/25/2014Dined with family to celebrate my daughters 17th birthday. Everyone enjoyed the food selected. Fairly prices and good sized quantities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening with a friendTeeeVIPDined on 6/18/2014Met a friend and enjoyed a lovely dinner. We were never rushed to order or leave. Our server took care of our needs but was not very helpful regarding the menu. We both ordered the seared scallops and fresh beets. Great choice. Varied menu. A classy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FIND!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/6/2014Booked a last minute on Open Table and WOW what a pleasant surprise! The food was AMAZING and lots of it! Music was a great addition to the relaxed atmosphere. Was visiting from FL and would definitely visit there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasiondeliaDined on 6/1/2014Great place to hold a large group for special occasion. Had a party of 14, would have liked 2 waiters assigned but only had 1. He seemed a bit overwhelm with a large party (forgot to put out bread, slow on drinks) but extremely friendly and did everything I asked, but I had to remind him a few times. Food was delicious and plentiful. Allowed us to bring our own cake in and they cut it for us and served it. We were in a separate room with another large group. We didn't have to worry that we were disturbing other dinners around us. After dessert they cleaned up around us but I did not feel rushed to leave. The let us be, allowing us to linger and talk some more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella CostastoughtonsteveDined on 5/17/2014This was our second time here. The fact that we came back says it all! We will return again. Everything was great!Special Features:
- DisappointingJaneyDined on 5/17/2014We had high hopes for Bella Costa but it was disappointing. The dining room was grungy and dated. The table was sticky and there was a mildew smell to the place. The service was poor (they forgot our salads entirely) and while the portions were huge, the entrees were very, very average with little flavor. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Table for 15 happyGraduateDined on 5/17/2014Thanks for taking care of my family in Saturday. The table ready for 15 was much appreciated and everyone enjoyed their meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely going back!BeauportDined on 5/11/2014We had a Mother's Day brunch buffet- party of 5 seated promptly and politely, on time despite the crowd. Food was delicious, everyone was happy with the choices. All of the wait staff pitched in - beverages, refills brought promptly and attentively. Enjoyed the food, ambiance and service even more than expected- definitely will be going back soon.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchgrantroVIPDined on 5/11/2014We came here for Mother's Day brunch. The place was crazy and very disorganized. The staff was spread way too thin. It took forever to get coffee/juice. The selection was small and nothing special. Been here before and the food is usually very good I think it was just too much for them to handle.Special Features:
- Great Italian gemDickDined on 5/11/2014We tried Bella Costa for the first time on Mothers Day. We had reservations for noon, and glad we did, as this place was packed the entire time we were there. The noise level was probably due to the steady stream of families, most of whom were lined up for the brunch buffet. We chose to order off the regular menu and were very happy with our choices and waiter. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My family and I went for Mother's Day brunch. Overall it was a great experience. Our server, Nick, was very friendly and attentive. The food was very good, and the cook at the omelet station was fabulous. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I had requested to make acknowledgement of the special occasion which was not done....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Arrived a bit early for a 7:00 reservation and was seated right away. Food was delicious and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and Fair ServiceDoughboyVIPDined on 4/25/2014Had dinner there with my wife and grandson Friday evening. The restaurant was very crowded and noisy. While the piano and drum player add ambiance, the restaurant is almost too small for something like this. A little nice background music would be better. The overall service was average, but I think our waiter was new. We had an Open Table reservation and had to wait for about 15 minutes from the time our reservation was for.Special Features:
- Pretty good...DannyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Last minute decision to go there with two others. It is most definitely cramped with the amount of tables they have for that space. It was somewhat inconvenient that we actually had to get out of our seats to push in when people wanted to leave since we were pressed up against one another. Actually somewhat dangerous thinking if there was an emergency they have people blocking egress, but anyways the food was good as well. Service was decent enough and they had nice piano music playing while everyone talked. Friendly environment and it was overall a pretty good evening.Special Features:
- Tired and overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014The location is disappointing; interior is tired; homemade pasta was excellent, but recipies are outdated and scampi sauce was suffocating my seafood dish. Our waiter was arrogant and not tending to our service. He tried to put cheese on my seafood dish and acted like I was crazy to stop him. This was not my idea of a fun night out.
- Good suburb placePoppDined on 3/8/2014Really fun atmosphere. Enjoyed the piano guy playing in the background. I really wish restaurants would pay more attention to getting diners their correct meals without shouting "who had the...?" When I waited tables, we took orders in order and therefore knew exactly which patron had which meal. When did this annoying habit make its way into restaurants? Why aren't more people annoyed? Even food runners can be trained to serve in order. It was a shame because our server was very friendly and added to the ambiance of the place.Special Features: