147 Cochituate Road
Framingham, MA 01701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellacosta.net/
- Phone: 5086261728x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:00am – 9:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am – 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am – 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering Available - Speak to Paul or Bob at 508-626-1728 for more information!
- Private Party Facilities: Bella Costa offers a warm, casual, and elegant dining experience. With a private function room, we would love to host your private events-from meetings, birthday parties, engagement parties, wedding receptions and more! We do not charge any room fees (room fees can exceed $100 at most restaurants).
- Private Party Contact: Paul or Bob 8772682490
- Entertainment: Live Piano every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings!
- Special Events: Catering and Private Dining options available - Speak to Paul or Bob at 508-626-1728 for more information!
A word from Bella Costa
Bella costa Ristorante has been a family operated business since 1986, warm personal service creates a comfortable, home-like atmosphere. The owner/chef and his staff serve you great food prepared with only the finest ingredients, top quality meats and seafood that is delivered fresh daily. We offer to cater any event at the location of your choice or in the perfect setting, our function room. whether you have a wedding reception, business party, baby shower, you can create your own menu from our generous menu offerings and we will attend to your every need we will make sure to make your celebration the one to remember. As a result of our quality food great prices and unsurpassed hospitality, we have received great reviews from local newspapers and the boston globe. Bella Costa has been voted "Best of the Best" for Framingham Best Italian Restaurant and #1 Dinning Excellence for 6 years running.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Costa reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (16)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (5)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- GOOD FOOD, FRIENDLY ATMOSPHEREOPSLDined on 8/7/2014WE RECEIVED EXCELLENT SERVICE AND WERE GREETED BY THE OWNER WHEN WE ARRIVED AND THANKED US FOR OUR BUSINESS WHEN WE LEFT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvfoodDined on 7/29/2014The bread served as an entrée for the meal was delicious. The overall atmosphere was a bit rambunctious, with the television, radio and surrounding conversations all occurring at once. The food was very good, but please take note that there is a small plate option for a reason. Excellent Italian food, good service, parking is difficult but manageable.Special Features:
- Best Italian in Metro westRobinGDined on 7/26/2014Great Italian food, homey feel and great service. Brunch and lunch are just as good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choiceFoodsnobDined on 7/2/2014We found this place on the net. We checked it out in person before our reserved time. It is a quiet and homey spot with live piano music. The food was good but not stellar. The service was very good, efficient and friendly. The decor needs a facelift. Overall though it was a wonderful evening in a local gem, filled with locals who love the whole experience. That's why it's been around for 28 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston scrod not goodCvjvDined on 6/27/2014Salads looked great, but our scrod tasted like it had been cooked in Italian dressing and it have a mushy top. This made for an oily tasting dish. Cooked vegetables and mashed potato's were fine. I ordered a diet coke and no one returned to see if I needed a refill, so I drank more water; which really is a better choice.Special Features:
- I'd go back.sfallcDined on 6/25/2014Dined with family to celebrate my daughters 17th birthday. Everyone enjoyed the food selected. Fairly prices and good sized quantities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening with a friendTeeeVIPDined on 6/18/2014Met a friend and enjoyed a lovely dinner. We were never rushed to order or leave. Our server took care of our needs but was not very helpful regarding the menu. We both ordered the seared scallops and fresh beets. Great choice. Varied menu. A classy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FIND!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/6/2014Booked a last minute on Open Table and WOW what a pleasant surprise! The food was AMAZING and lots of it! Music was a great addition to the relaxed atmosphere. Was visiting from FL and would definitely visit there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasiondeliaDined on 6/1/2014Great place to hold a large group for special occasion. Had a party of 14, would have liked 2 waiters assigned but only had 1. He seemed a bit overwhelm with a large party (forgot to put out bread, slow on drinks) but extremely friendly and did everything I asked, but I had to remind him a few times. Food was delicious and plentiful. Allowed us to bring our own cake in and they cut it for us and served it. We were in a separate room with another large group. We didn't have to worry that we were disturbing other dinners around us. After dessert they cleaned up around us but I did not feel rushed to leave. The let us be, allowing us to linger and talk some more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella CostastoughtonsteveDined on 5/17/2014This was our second time here. The fact that we came back says it all! We will return again. Everything was great!Special Features:
- DisappointingJaneyDined on 5/17/2014We had high hopes for Bella Costa but it was disappointing. The dining room was grungy and dated. The table was sticky and there was a mildew smell to the place. The service was poor (they forgot our salads entirely) and while the portions were huge, the entrees were very, very average with little flavor. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Table for 15 happyGraduateDined on 5/17/2014Thanks for taking care of my family in Saturday. The table ready for 15 was much appreciated and everyone enjoyed their meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely going back!BeauportDined on 5/11/2014We had a Mother's Day brunch buffet- party of 5 seated promptly and politely, on time despite the crowd. Food was delicious, everyone was happy with the choices. All of the wait staff pitched in - beverages, refills brought promptly and attentively. Enjoyed the food, ambiance and service even more than expected- definitely will be going back soon.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchgrantroVIPDined on 5/11/2014We came here for Mother's Day brunch. The place was crazy and very disorganized. The staff was spread way too thin. It took forever to get coffee/juice. The selection was small and nothing special. Been here before and the food is usually very good I think it was just too much for them to handle.Special Features:
- Great Italian gemDickDined on 5/11/2014We tried Bella Costa for the first time on Mothers Day. We had reservations for noon, and glad we did, as this place was packed the entire time we were there. The noise level was probably due to the steady stream of families, most of whom were lined up for the brunch buffet. We chose to order off the regular menu and were very happy with our choices and waiter. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My family and I went for Mother's Day brunch. Overall it was a great experience. Our server, Nick, was very friendly and attentive. The food was very good, and the cook at the omelet station was fabulous. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I had requested to make acknowledgement of the special occasion which was not done....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Arrived a bit early for a 7:00 reservation and was seated right away. Food was delicious and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and Fair ServiceDoughboyVIPDined on 4/25/2014Had dinner there with my wife and grandson Friday evening. The restaurant was very crowded and noisy. While the piano and drum player add ambiance, the restaurant is almost too small for something like this. A little nice background music would be better. The overall service was average, but I think our waiter was new. We had an Open Table reservation and had to wait for about 15 minutes from the time our reservation was for.Special Features:
- The following 110 reviews are from the Bella Costa reviews archive.
- Pretty good...DannyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Last minute decision to go there with two others. It is most definitely cramped with the amount of tables they have for that space. It was somewhat inconvenient that we actually had to get out of our seats to push in when people wanted to leave since we were pressed up against one another. Actually somewhat dangerous thinking if there was an emergency they have people blocking egress, but anyways the food was good as well. Service was decent enough and they had nice piano music playing while everyone talked. Friendly environment and it was overall a pretty good evening.Special Features:
- Tired and overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014The location is disappointing; interior is tired; homemade pasta was excellent, but recipies are outdated and scampi sauce was suffocating my seafood dish. Our waiter was arrogant and not tending to our service. He tried to put cheese on my seafood dish and acted like I was crazy to stop him. This was not my idea of a fun night out.
- Good suburb placePoppDined on 3/8/2014Really fun atmosphere. Enjoyed the piano guy playing in the background. I really wish restaurants would pay more attention to getting diners their correct meals without shouting "who had the...?" When I waited tables, we took orders in order and therefore knew exactly which patron had which meal. When did this annoying habit make its way into restaurants? Why aren't more people annoyed? Even food runners can be trained to serve in order. It was a shame because our server was very friendly and added to the ambiance of the place.Special Features:
- great brunch placejplocalDined on 3/2/2014haven't tried the dinner menu, but makes a mean Sunday brunch. The omelet bar is brilliant -- unlimited omelets, made right there from ingredients that you pick. They are light and fresh. Great side dishes. The fruit cup was practically a fruit basin -- really nice selection of good fresh fruit. Excellent place to take the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014Food was great. Our party of six really enjoyed the live piano music in the background. Our waitress was attentive and accommodating.;. It was a nice evening for us all !Special Features:
- Little hole in the wall withOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Little hole in the wall with good food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was worried about beingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014I was worried about being seated on time based on past reviews however, I was pleasantly surprised and we were seated soon after we arrived. The only issue is there is no room to stand at the entrance and the wait staff keeps coming through so I was glad to be seated promptly. We had a great table in the back which made for an enjoyable evening. The food was excellent and we had plenty of leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be any louder/crowdedAllyncDined on 2/22/2014We recommended Bella Costa to friends to celebrate her birthday. Thank goodness at least her meal was delicious. Our table was in the side room. The number of tables in there couldn't have been allowed under code. The noise was incredible. My order came out wrong twice and was just okay. We wouldn't go back or recommend it. p.s. - They served us a large slice of Tiramasu because I mentioned a birthday in the Open Table reservation. That was very nice and delicious.Special Features:
- Great restaurantmealsout2Dined on 2/22/2014We have been many times to this restaurant and have never been disappointed with the food or with the service; menu is extensive and they also offer great specials. Service is always attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were blown away with theJTarantoDined on 2/16/2014We were blown away with the portions. Reasonably priced, a true gem. Food was delicious, waitstaff excellent!Special Features:
- Wasted NightSmath2Dined on 2/14/2014Valentine's turned out to be a wasted night as we showed up to the door to others waiting with 45 minute delays for their reservations. After waiting 15 minutes and not having anyone at the restaurant greet us after standing up at the front desk my wife and I left. Thus, the front of the house service was horrible. The food could have been good but we did not get a chance to taste it.
- Place was out of controlFridaydinerDined on 2/14/2014We arrived for our 7:30 reservation to find a line out the door. People with 7:00 reservations had not even been able to get inside to give their names. Everyone was pushing for position and no one was dealing with the customers. People couldn't even get in to pick up takeout orders. After waiting 15 minutes and not even getting inside and standing with people who has been there for an hour and were still outside as well we gave up and left. If you are going to take that many reservations you should have things set up to handle it. Not sure if I will give them another try. They really messed up our valentines day
- Bad reservation experienceLarryBostonDined on 2/14/2014When arriving for our 7:15 reservation, the front of the restaurant was packed with about 20 others, all of whom had reservations for about the same time as we did. Something had obviously gone wrong either earlier in the kitchen, or in the reservation process, and many patrons were very upset about the experience. We went elsewhere, so no food review. But the front of house staff was doing nothing to defuse the situation or to explain what was going on. This is not a bad place, and we'll be back - just maybe not via OpenTable. Also, parking is tough here, you may need to go to the bank next door to pack (assuming it is after business hours).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vday ReservationsVdayResDined on 2/14/2014I'm sure many others have written similar reviews so I'll keep it brief. The first notable item was the fact that we made 7:00 reservations and were waiting in a line for 1/2 hour with many other 7:00 reservation groups that were spilling out the door into the cold winter snow and ice. I'm not sure if there was a technical glitch as I've never had this problem before at this establishment. Other than that, once we were seated, we were waited on promptly, the food and wine were superb and the experience was excellent, as expected. Despite the reservation hiccup I still highly recommend Bella Costa to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day TreatMrsSmithDined on 2/14/2014My fiance and I made reservations to Bella Costa for Valentine's Day at 6:45. It was our first time there. It seemed as though they accepted far too many reservations, as there was a significant wait (actually a line at the door to check in). We waited just 15-20 minutes... so not a big deal for us, but we did notice that the crowd at the table continued to overflow into the dining room. Though we chose this particular restaurant in part because they hire a pianist for the dining room, we were lucky to be seated in the back room because of all the patrons waiting at the hostess station. We were expecting to wait for service and food as it was such a busy night, and we did. Food was great and worth the wait, enough for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitstaff was hurried andbettyDined on 2/8/2014Waitstaff was hurried and unattentive. Felt rushed. Ordered a salad. When arrived was not as described. Avocado citrus salad on spring greens. Came on white romaine, no avocado, 2 frozen strawberries. 4 mandarin orange segments. Looked sad. Go italian. Eggplant got raves from dining partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was hard to find a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2014It was hard to find a good Sunday Bruch. This one was excellent, we will be back. Maybe try dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bella findJoAnnDined on 1/22/2014This was my second time here. Both times the service was wonderful. Waiter was so accommodating ,and friendly. The first time I ordered way to much ,and brought home dinner for the next night. I learned to order the small plates offered until 7 p.m. They are not small like a tapas plate, but a 10 "! I love the fish there. The broiled platter is wonderful. Desserts look phenomenal, however I am always to full! Paul orders the house made pasta each time & raves. Sit away from the door, as it still gets chilly in there.Special Features:
- Homey Italian FlavorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014Love this place. The piano player lends a special ambiance to the front dining room/ bar area. Attentive, always friendly, servers. Excellent Italian and traditional American and well priced specials. Can get quite busy. You might do ok on a drop-in or you might have to wait, so this time made reservations on Open Table for a Saturday night and it worked out perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday surprise!GrammyCatDined on 1/12/2014For my birthday lunch, I chose Framingham since people were coming from afar and did the usual restaurant search. Chose Bella Costa from the reviews and made reservations. We walked in and were welcomed by our charming waiter who seated us as requested in a quiet corner. He was informative and helpful but not overbearing--good sense of humor and accommodating to our questions and special requests. The appetizers were excellent--calamari and an Italian stuffed potato thing. Our meals were fine--the cook does a great job with vegetables. And the homemade desserts--fabulous. Really good coffee. And compliments from the wine drinkers for the quality of the wines by the glass. A splendid fun birthday lunch chosen by random reviews! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific GemSkipDined on 1/11/2014This evening was for a special great... Both of us celebrating our mutual birthday! The staff was excellent, giving us different selections of where to sit, the food was delicious and served with good timing. We will definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.