147 Cochituate Road
Framingham, MA 01701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellacosta.net/
- Phone: (508) 626-1728
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:00am – 9:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am – 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am – 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering Available - Speak to Paul or Bob at 508-626-1728 for more information!
- Private Party Facilities: Bella Costa offers a warm, casual, and elegant dining experience. With a private function room, we would love to host your private events-from meetings, birthday parties, engagement parties, wedding receptions and more! We do not charge any room fees (room fees can exceed $100 at most restaurants).
- Private Party Contact: Paul or Bob 8772682490
- Entertainment: Live Piano every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings!
- Special Events: Catering and Private Dining options available - Speak to Paul or Bob at 508-626-1728 for more information!
A word from Bella Costa
Bella costa Ristorante has been a family operated business since 1986, warm personal service creates a comfortable, home-like atmosphere. The owner/chef and his staff serve you great food prepared with only the finest ingredients, top quality meats and seafood that is delivered fresh daily. We offer to cater any event at the location of your choice or in the perfect setting, our function room. whether you have a wedding reception, business party, baby shower, you can create your own menu from our generous menu offerings and we will attend to your every need we will make sure to make your celebration the one to remember. As a result of our quality food great prices and unsurpassed hospitality, we have received great reviews from local newspapers and the boston globe. Bella Costa has been voted "Best of the Best" for Framingham Best Italian Restaurant and #1 Dinning Excellence for 6 years running.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bella Costa - Best Restaurants in Framingham ›
Bella Costa reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (9)romantic (7)special occasion (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- great brunch placejplocalDined on 3/2/2014haven't tried the dinner menu, but makes a mean Sunday brunch. The omelet bar is brilliant -- unlimited omelets, made right there from ingredients that you pick. They are light and fresh. Great side dishes. The fruit cup was practically a fruit basin -- really nice selection of good fresh fruit. Excellent place to take the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014Food was great. Our party of six really enjoyed the live piano music in the background. Our waitress was attentive and accommodating.;. It was a nice evening for us all !Special Features:
- Little hole in the wall withOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Little hole in the wall with good food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was worried about beingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014I was worried about being seated on time based on past reviews however, I was pleasantly surprised and we were seated soon after we arrived. The only issue is there is no room to stand at the entrance and the wait staff keeps coming through so I was glad to be seated promptly. We had a great table in the back which made for an enjoyable evening. The food was excellent and we had plenty of leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be any louder/crowdedAllyncDined on 2/22/2014We recommended Bella Costa to friends to celebrate her birthday. Thank goodness at least her meal was delicious. Our table was in the side room. The number of tables in there couldn't have been allowed under code. The noise was incredible. My order came out wrong twice and was just okay. We wouldn't go back or recommend it. p.s. - They served us a large slice of Tiramasu because I mentioned a birthday in the Open Table reservation. That was very nice and delicious.Special Features:
- Great restaurantmealsout2Dined on 2/22/2014We have been many times to this restaurant and have never been disappointed with the food or with the service; menu is extensive and they also offer great specials. Service is always attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were blown away with theJTarantoDined on 2/16/2014We were blown away with the portions. Reasonably priced, a true gem. Food was delicious, waitstaff excellent!Special Features:
- Wasted NightSmath2Dined on 2/14/2014Valentine's turned out to be a wasted night as we showed up to the door to others waiting with 45 minute delays for their reservations. After waiting 15 minutes and not having anyone at the restaurant greet us after standing up at the front desk my wife and I left. Thus, the front of the house service was horrible. The food could have been good but we did not get a chance to taste it.
- Place was out of controlFridaydinerDined on 2/14/2014We arrived for our 7:30 reservation to find a line out the door. People with 7:00 reservations had not even been able to get inside to give their names. Everyone was pushing for position and no one was dealing with the customers. People couldn't even get in to pick up takeout orders. After waiting 15 minutes and not even getting inside and standing with people who has been there for an hour and were still outside as well we gave up and left. If you are going to take that many reservations you should have things set up to handle it. Not sure if I will give them another try. They really messed up our valentines day
- Bad reservation experienceLarryBostonDined on 2/14/2014When arriving for our 7:15 reservation, the front of the restaurant was packed with about 20 others, all of whom had reservations for about the same time as we did. Something had obviously gone wrong either earlier in the kitchen, or in the reservation process, and many patrons were very upset about the experience. We went elsewhere, so no food review. But the front of house staff was doing nothing to defuse the situation or to explain what was going on. This is not a bad place, and we'll be back - just maybe not via OpenTable. Also, parking is tough here, you may need to go to the bank next door to pack (assuming it is after business hours).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vday ReservationsVdayResDined on 2/14/2014I'm sure many others have written similar reviews so I'll keep it brief. The first notable item was the fact that we made 7:00 reservations and were waiting in a line for 1/2 hour with many other 7:00 reservation groups that were spilling out the door into the cold winter snow and ice. I'm not sure if there was a technical glitch as I've never had this problem before at this establishment. Other than that, once we were seated, we were waited on promptly, the food and wine were superb and the experience was excellent, as expected. Despite the reservation hiccup I still highly recommend Bella Costa to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day TreatMrsSmithDined on 2/14/2014My fiance and I made reservations to Bella Costa for Valentine's Day at 6:45. It was our first time there. It seemed as though they accepted far too many reservations, as there was a significant wait (actually a line at the door to check in). We waited just 15-20 minutes... so not a big deal for us, but we did notice that the crowd at the table continued to overflow into the dining room. Though we chose this particular restaurant in part because they hire a pianist for the dining room, we were lucky to be seated in the back room because of all the patrons waiting at the hostess station. We were expecting to wait for service and food as it was such a busy night, and we did. Food was great and worth the wait, enough for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitstaff was hurried andbettyDined on 2/8/2014Waitstaff was hurried and unattentive. Felt rushed. Ordered a salad. When arrived was not as described. Avocado citrus salad on spring greens. Came on white romaine, no avocado, 2 frozen strawberries. 4 mandarin orange segments. Looked sad. Go italian. Eggplant got raves from dining partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was hard to find a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2014It was hard to find a good Sunday Bruch. This one was excellent, we will be back. Maybe try dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bella findJoAnnDined on 1/22/2014This was my second time here. Both times the service was wonderful. Waiter was so accommodating ,and friendly. The first time I ordered way to much ,and brought home dinner for the next night. I learned to order the small plates offered until 7 p.m. They are not small like a tapas plate, but a 10 "! I love the fish there. The broiled platter is wonderful. Desserts look phenomenal, however I am always to full! Paul orders the house made pasta each time & raves. Sit away from the door, as it still gets chilly in there.Special Features:
- Homey Italian FlavorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014Love this place. The piano player lends a special ambiance to the front dining room/ bar area. Attentive, always friendly, servers. Excellent Italian and traditional American and well priced specials. Can get quite busy. You might do ok on a drop-in or you might have to wait, so this time made reservations on Open Table for a Saturday night and it worked out perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday surprise!GrammyCatDined on 1/12/2014For my birthday lunch, I chose Framingham since people were coming from afar and did the usual restaurant search. Chose Bella Costa from the reviews and made reservations. We walked in and were welcomed by our charming waiter who seated us as requested in a quiet corner. He was informative and helpful but not overbearing--good sense of humor and accommodating to our questions and special requests. The appetizers were excellent--calamari and an Italian stuffed potato thing. Our meals were fine--the cook does a great job with vegetables. And the homemade desserts--fabulous. Really good coffee. And compliments from the wine drinkers for the quality of the wines by the glass. A splendid fun birthday lunch chosen by random reviews! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific GemSkipDined on 1/11/2014This evening was for a special great... Both of us celebrating our mutual birthday! The staff was excellent, giving us different selections of where to sit, the food was delicious and served with good timing. We will definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best Itallian metrowestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013This restaurant has been around for decades, the quality is still the best Italian food in Metrowest. Check it out you will have no regrets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dining experience!SkipDined on 12/31/2013We were seated immediately. Everyone was very cordial and attentive. The food was excellent and when the main course came out a little fast the server was very apologize which was not necessary at all. We will definitely go back and have already referred people there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined on New Year's Eve,coolmoDined on 12/31/2013We dined on New Year's Eve, so it was busier than average. The food is consistently good and fresh. It is a hidden gem in Framingham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, reasonable pricesJanPDined on 12/28/2013Bella Costa is unpretentious. It has good food, great service and won't break the bank. We have been there four times and have always been happy.Special Features:
- Quiet on a snowy SaturdaysatisfiedVIPDined on 12/14/2013Quiet on a snowy Saturday night. Chris at the piano playing The Christmas Song as a wonderful backdrop. Food is consistent, Veal Rigaletti over penne was perfectly prepared and huge portion made a nice veal parm. sandwich for lunch the next day. .Ended dinner with Coffee Bella Costa flambé tableside. Extremely comfortable, warm atmosphere with a nice bar, too near the piano. A hidden gem in FraminghamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice dining experienceGrandmaDined on 11/30/2013Food is always good, good menu and wine list and, most of all, reasonable prices. A very nice touch is the piano music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but disappointing serviceEVLZDined on 11/16/2013The food was good, the service was rushed and had a few mistakes. It seemed like the restaurant was not prepared for this Saturday night. Price is right and the food is good so I'd like to give it another chance.Special Features:
- A Hidden Gem!MichaelTDined on 11/2/2013Bella Costa is a hidden gem. I have dines there several times and have never had a bad experience. The food is delicious and the service is well above average. I thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere and it is wonderful to hear live piano music in the background while you are dining. I highly recommend Bella Costa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely night outmbalexDined on 11/2/2013My husband and I chose Bella Costa for a Saturday night dinner out. We were pleased with a great menu, genial service and a friendly, comfortable atmosphere. The food was delicious and although the restaurant was full and bustling, we were still able to converse easily. The piano player was an added bonus. Great value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsChinobossVIPDined on 11/1/2013Bella Costa has been a neighborhood gem for many years. The brunch is fantastic. The house salad & dressing is delicious. I was happy with all aspects of my meal. The quality of the food is good. The waiter was extremely nice but very busy. The ambiance is great but the TV is a bit bright and overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not very goodF00d13Dined on 10/26/2013Service was not very good (slow). Food was good as usual. Noise level was very energetic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food... Slow servicenaa1211Dined on 10/26/2013My fiancé and I went out to Bella Costa for date night. The bread/oil and salads where delicious... along with the wine. At the beginning of the meal our waiter was very attentive, but toward the middle-end he tended to disappear after being sat a larger party. My fiancé got the oriental chicken salad, which he loved. And I got homemade rigatoni and meatballs! The meatballs were yummy and the pasta was notably fresh! Looking forward to going back again soon! :o)I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!RinneDined on 10/20/2013Good quality and very large portions. Perhaps the next time we visit we'll ask for easy on the olive oil on the vegetables or have them steamed. Otherwise, a very nice family restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceframinghamBelleVIPDined on 10/18/2013Bella Costa never disappoints. My family and I dine here quite often, and it was nice to see the addition of the "small plates" menu, offering smaller portions of their popular menu items as well as smaller prices. I had the steak au poivre small plate, which was 8oz - much better portion size for a petite female. This is our go-to restaurant for a great meal with great prices and always pleasant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live piano surprisefoodiedocVIPDined on 10/12/2013I thought this was going to be a nice run-of-the-mill Italian place... It really shocked me to have the food taste the way it did -- seriously, my Greek salad was out of this world!? And to top it all off, a live piano?! That was unexpected and quite a treat. Overall, you'll be happy.Special Features:
- ReturningstoughtonsteveDined on 10/12/2013The fact that we shall return to this restaurant says it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again the Bella Costa diddjlangDined on 10/5/2013Again the Bella Costa did not disappoint us. I had a veal dish and it was the best ever.No bringing home leftovers for us - we ate it all. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local foodie restaurantmarkb2002VIPDined on 7/13/2013Great dinners at reasonable prices, super service, will come back for moreI would recommend this to a friend.
- FAB LOCAL ITALIAN/GREEK FINDBostonianVIPDined on 6/28/2013ALWAYS GREAT, PAUL AND HIS WIFE ARE SO TERRIFIC. THE FOOD IS REALLY GOOD AND REASONABLY PRICED. PAUL BEING GREEK MAKES THE BEST EVER CHICKEN/LEMON'RICE SOUP IN THE WORLD! THAT SOUP WILL TAKE ALL YOUR WHOES AWAY! TRYING TO GET HIM TO ADD LAMB KABOBS TO HIS MENU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch prices raised to 17.95OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2013Brunch prices raised to 17.95 per adult. Not worth the money for Father's Day. Place very crowded, too many tables added to the room. Very difficult to move around.
- 5 Stars!BellaFanDined on 6/16/2013We love this Bella Costa! We have been coming since 1991 when we started dating and are now married with 3 kids. We love the owner and his family! They listen to any concerns and fix things right away, but most of the time it is spot on no need for changes. Even will make my special requests as long as they have ingredients in the kitchen, anything to keep customers happy! love Paul & Bella Costa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for quiet Italian mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2013So hard to find a quiet place to talk while eating good food! This place has a very quiet back room with no music and the front room has a piano playing playing easy to listen to songs.Special Features: