775 Rivershore Lane
Eagle, ID 83616Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bellaaquilarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2089381900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 8:30pm; Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Knickrehm
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bella Aquila Catering brings Italian BBQ to you. Your meal is prepared fresh at any location from our mobile kitchen trailer. Grilled food, Trager smoked meats, fresh pastas and right out of the oven baked goodness are yours anywhere.
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties of 8 to 80 are possible and welcomed. Our dining room is divided into several areas and offers semi-private and more private options (limited by the size of your party). One semi-private area will accommodate a group up to 20 and overlooks the Boise River. Our private back room will seat up to 40 comfortably and our beautiful patio can accommodate up to 80 people. We offer a broad range of menu options and have a full bar, as well as beer and wine. We can tailor a wonderful private dining experience to fit all budgets.
- Private Party Contact: Chad Cooper, General Manager 208-938-1900
- Entertainment: Local talent is highlighted on our beautiful patio overlooking the Boise River. Contact the restaurant for more information regarding scheduled live entertainment.
- Cross Street: Eagle Rd & Rivershore Ln
- Public Transit: Public transit has stops within a short walk of Bella Aquila.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Plenty of free parking surrounds Rivershore Place, the home of Bella Aquila. Turn off of Eagle Road at the signal on Rivershore Lane then left into our parking lot. Some spaces are restricted during daytime hours Monday through Friday.
A word from Bella Aquila
Bella Aquila is a “ristorante romantico” with linens on the tables along with fresh flowers. The most beautiful patio in the entire Treasure Valley overlooks the North branch of the Boise River and is framed by two large rock fountains. Dress up and have a romantic dining experience with your special somebody or have a casual meal with friends or family. Private dining available for groups up to 70 people, inside or out (up to 40 in the private back room). Italian cuisine featuring house made pastas, sauces, breads and desserts prepared with the freshest local products available. Our Menu is a blend of traditional dishes from all over Italy as well as some twists and local flavors. We keep things interesting by offering seasonal, monthly and daily specials to highlight our culinary team’s imagination and skills. Our delicious food is complimented by a wine list that brings some of the best that Idaho, the Pacific Northwest, California and Italy offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bella Aquila - Best Restaurants in Eagle ›
Bella Aquila reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (45)scenic view (44)special occasion (42)romantic (39)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (7)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Un bel postoGuardianoDined on 10/10/2014Had an early dinner (5 p.m.) reservation and sat on the patio overlooking the woodsy Boise River setting. Our waiter, Andrew, was polite, attentive, and knowledgeable about the menu. We tried the bruschetta, caesar salad, fettuccine bianco, and the lasagna. After dinner we had a cappucino and a chocolate dream drinks. All the food was well prepared and delicious. We will return to continue to explore the menu further and recommend Bella Aquila for an enjoyable Italian meal.Special Features:
- Never disappointsBoisefoodieDined on 10/5/2014BA easily managed our party of 5, seating us right away. The Veal Marsala was done well as always, and the Fettuchini Alfredo was creamy and just cheesy enough. Our server Stephanie deserves mention as she provided the best service experience I can remember in Boise, and no I'm not dating her :). The evening had an odd twist to it however as there was a gentleman roaming around the restaurant who looked like he had just jumped off the couch after watching football all day. At times he was carrying a couple of bottles of wine under his arm and would check in with diners as to how their meals were. The wait staff is dressed professionally at BA, but this gentleman looked like the uncle who came to dinner without getting the recommended dressSpecial Features:
- Too-high ExpectationsDoctorFoodieDined on 10/4/2014The location, inside a business park, is easy to find. We were greeted right away and seated promptly at our reservation time. The decor was below average for our expectations. The reasonably-priced scallops were delicious; the filet was tender and cooked perfectly. The service, while prompt, was awkward and bumbling. We were expecting top-notch service and got what must have been the server's first night. Not "special occasion" worthy, but a great Eagle find.Special Features:
- Amazing food right here in Eagle!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014Bella Aquila has delivered another fabulous dinner. With a broad menu that has something for everyone and an excellent wine list, it has become my "go to" place for a special meal. We began with an appetizer portion of steamed mussels and clams served with grilled rustic bread. I had a hearty entree this time -- the lamb shank served with Parmesan polenta-- and it was delicious, enough for two meals. What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FoodmachDined on 9/29/2014The pork are fabulous. It taste wonderful. Beautiful environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Evening Dining ExperienceDrBillDined on 9/27/2014We have been to this restaurant on multiple occasions and never have been disappointed. It is exquisite dining, with the food and presentation a rare find. With its location on the Boise River, it adds the setting that pleases the eye as well as the palate. We highly recommend this dining experience for those Italian food lovers who love a creative, experienced chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2dinersDined on 9/26/2014We had dinner at Bella Aquila to celebrate our 40th anniversary. The service was great and the food outstanding. We really enjoyed our experience there and will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Disappointed in food prep shortcutFoodieMeisterDined on 9/20/2014Dinner arrived with cheese after I was specific NO CHEESE. 2nd time cheese was scraped off top for me to find soon;my meal was THEN recooked-lowered my opinion of standards here...Special Features:
- Fabulous place to eat!KathleenDined on 9/19/2014We were totally surprised and delighted with the lovely atmosphere on the outdoor patio, with the view of the trees, greenbelt, waterfalls, lighting. It was quiet, no flies, clean. Service was good. Very friendly people.Special Features:
- missed the marktrp2dmdDined on 9/15/2014The service was slow and the waitress did not know the wine list. My salade was fine, but the other two entrys were very small. The place was almost emty so no excuse for slow service.Special Features:
- Outdoor DiningCBP4VegasDined on 9/12/2014Great outdoor dining, good food and service. Seems prices might be higher then most but once in a while it is worth the extra $'s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Our food was great. Service was good, (forgot to mention the specials), ambience was great. But, the evening was affected by a noisy dinner at the next table.Special Features:
- Pleasant outdoor diningconfit2canardDined on 8/18/2014The 2 waterfall fountains beside of the outdoor deck pleasantly obscure the sound of the busy road nearby, and the view of the forested floodplain is relaxing. The food is solidly good, but not excellent. The sauces on the Funghi and Grilled Polenta and on the lamb shank were a bit pasty and the warm bread was too soft and squishy. We did really enjoy the creamy polenta, grilled vegetables, house salad and stuffed veal with loganberry sauce. The servers were great! But the restaurant service was good, not exceptional. It's the kind of place where the policy is to take the dirty fork off your plate and put it back on the table for the next course (which is fine at a pub-style restaurant). But I recommend it anyway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AugieDined on 8/8/2014This was our second journey to Bella for supper. The service, ambiance and food were all top shelf. I requested an extra ingredient with my pasta and it was as I ordered it. In most restaurants these days the server makes substitutions or additions to a recipe a big deal, not at Bella! This will be our "go to" for italian.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I made the reservation at Bella Aquila at the request of my in-laws. They live and Boise had been wanting to go to the restaurant. I live in Portland Oregon and wanted to take them to a nice restaurant to celebrate my father-in-laws birthday. When making the reservation with OpenTable I added that we were celebrating his birthday. (I did not order him the optional flowers) I thought the restaurant would do something special, I even made a point to mention it to the waitress incase she didn't know about the note in the reservation. I thought they would bring him a little desert with a candle. Not a huge deal, just disappointing. Why ask the question if no action will be taken to help with the celebration.
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Food was a disappointment. Desserts tasted stale. The appetizer bread was hard and tasteless. I had such high hopes.
- Not quite up to classParandThirtysomethingDined on 8/2/2014It was a dinner to delight the palate that could speak for itself; though the staff seemed a bit not confident of this based upon the constant asking how was everything. Which dampers ones allowance of a romantic evening with one special person and moment shared at that particular place and time. (A celebration of a connection between people, where food is a intimate means of expression of this occurrence). It is much like going into a fine art gallery and a person speaking real loud and/or continuously chattering and not allowing each individual the moment/space to be spoken to by the artwork itself. It is a respect for the art of food.
- best scallops everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The scallops Christian were the best. Tender and fast in a delicious sauce. Some fun drinks on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as good as last timeQuietDimLightsDined on 7/31/2014Third time here, not as good as last time. Server did not know much about meats, salads or wines. We asked for organic no-sulfite added wine and manager recommended Frog's Leap, but it's not organic and has added sulfites. They don't have wine that is organic, no sulfites added. Server said salad was mixed greens but it was romaine. She said the cut of meat was not sirloin, but it was, and she said this cut was "closer to the butt." She forgot to bring chocolate sauce with dessert. Tasted like Hershey's out of a bottle. Berries were frozen, not fresh. Manager was not very friendly when we asked when live music was supposed to start. Should have started at 6:30 pm, but we never heard it start until around 7:30 pm. Staff was smoking outside.Special Features:
- SPECIAL FOR OUT-OF-TOWNERSSANDPDined on 7/27/2014RECENTLY WE HAVE STARTED TO BRING OUR OUT OF TOWN GUESTS HERE SINCE IT IS BY THE RIVER, WITH WATERFALLS, AND OUTSTANDING FOOD. THEY EVE FURNISHED MOSQUITO SPRAY FOR US AND IT WORKED. THEY HAVE A SEPARATE FULL MENU FOR KIDS WITH PERFECT CHOICES. THE SALMON HAS ALWAYS BEEN COOKED PERFECTLY. SINCE THEY ARE OPEN ON SUNDAY & MONDAYS FOR DINNER, WE WILL BE THERE AGAIN AND AGAIN. LOVE TO SUPPORT LOCAL ESTABLISHMENTS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply YUMMYcrushwarrior52Dined on 7/26/2014Finest Italian food in the Treasure Valley period, there is nothing that can be done to improve this restaurant from the front door to after dinner cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion RestaurantMunchkin23Dined on 7/25/2014We recently went to Bella Aquila for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We ate outside and enjoyed the fountains and the trees and the lack of noisy background music that is so common in other restaurants. Our server was sweet and did a great job. However, we were quite disappointed with our meals, especially because of the prices. My husband's shrimp linguine was dry and needed more sauce. He did not enjoy it. My seafood fettuccine had the smallest pieces of seafood in it and was mostly noodles. We probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Waitress excellent1wanderlust1Dined on 7/23/2014Everything was excellent, only one thing could be improved. The Sea Scallops had way too much onion in the sauce. The waitress was excellent. The cheese cake was excellent. Wine list was good. We will return.Special Features:
- Great food but....tschimmDined on 7/19/2014Our waiter rushed us through dinner from the start. We had told him in advance that we'd like to take it slow since our group of 4 had some catching up to do. His tip would have reflected our 2 hour dinner. There were empty tables around us. The food was flavorful and cooked perfectly. Our drinks, lemon drop and Knob/Coke were a bit weak. The view and relaxed setting is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great experienceMicfulDined on 7/18/2014My date and I had an awesome evening! As a Boise native, I have eaten at just about every noteworthy restaurant in the area. Bella Aquila is a must for anyone looking for a combination of top notch Italian cuisine in an intimate, patio setting. The service was friendly, knowledgable, and was attentive without bothering us. The appetizer was wonderful & just enough to whet our appetite for the entree. The main course was wonderfully prepared and the helping size was perfect. If there was a disappointing aspect to the meal it was the bread, which for an Italian fine- dining restaurant seemed to be a bit of an afterthought. It was the most comfortable, enjoyable 2+ hour meal I've had in quite some time!Special Features:
- Food is good. Nothing else notableDisappointedDined on 7/17/2014When we arrived, we were informed that they had just been VERY busy (it wasn't by then). Maybe this is why we sat for 15 min before our waitress came over and apologized but did now know we were her table. We ordered a bottle of wine which didn't come for 30 min. In the mean time, our server dropped an entire tray of entrees (not ours) which landed at my feet. She rushed to the kitchen to have them make new ones. It was over 5 min before anyone came to clean it up. The busboy actually stepped over it. We got our appetiser-calimari, very good (still no wine). Finally, the wine manager brought us the wrong bottle, got that fixed. Our entrees were very good. Waiters do not share tips and it shows. No working together at all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014The food and service at Bella were very good. But we particularly enjoyed the quiet experience of the restaurant. So many restaurants in Boise that offer great food are so energetic that it's difficult to have a conversation without raising your voice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/7/2014Our second visit and it is just not the greatest, I had sole that was iffy. One of us had the eggplant Parmesan and thought it was pretty good. The service and the setting are the best part of this restaurant.Special Features:
- Culinary delight & beautiful patioChiquefoodyDined on 7/6/2014Surprised and delighted at the beautiful setting and amazing food. (Normally you have one or the other but this "escape" on the river definitely offers both.) We recently moved to Boise and are exploring some of the surrounding cities & restaurants. Bella Aquila is definitely worth the short drive to Eagle. Sunday morning brunch had a good menu from hearty to lighter fare. We ordered crab cakes benedict with real lump crab, excellent sweet potato and smoked chicken hash and bloody marys too! A pastry tray with an assortment of scones, bread pudding and other delectibles was also a lovely start. The restaurant owner, Bill, made it a point to circulate and inquire about the food and LIVE MUSIC for brunch under a sunny umbrella was a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantQuietDimLightsDined on 7/4/2014We loved the view of the river, the food, wine list, service, ambiance, relaxing music and upscale feel of Bella. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014HAD A GREAT TIME! FOOD, AND SERVICE WERE EXCELENT!!!Special Features:
- Great time at Bella AquilasteveADined on 7/2/2014Despite it being 100 degrees, we sat on the patio and we're comfortable. Service and food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING BY THE RIVERSANDPDined on 6/30/2014THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BRING YOUR OUT OF TOWN VISITORS TO IMPRESS THEM WITH A GREAT MEAL AND SIT OUTSIDE TO SEE THE RIVER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timegypsyjeanDined on 6/30/2014It was all great. Wish we would have had more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindpickyeaterDined on 6/24/2014Excellent service and comfortable atmosphere. We went at 3:30pm which was perfect. Quiet, with excellent shaded patio and view of the river. Would eat here again. Portions aren't big but we like that as you don't leave feeling like you need a wheelchair to get to your car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 388 reviews are from the Bella Aquila reviews archive.
- Great food and locationFatherKnowsBestDined on 6/21/2014We went to cebelrate my daughter's graduation from high school. The patio seating was very comfortable and pleasant under the unbrellas and shade trees within view of the Boise River and the green belt. The food was excellent in taste and served hot. The Chicken Picatta entree was excellent as was the Fettuccini Alfredo with the optional chicken breast added. The third entree, the Chicken Risotto was tasty but the portion was dissapointing (5 small chicken strips) and served in a small bowl more akin to Panda Express than a fine restaurant. If the Risotto would have come with seasonal vegetables, like the Picatta did, it might have made up for the lack of meat. I must say for dessert the Creme Brulee is absolutly amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fantasticLedZepDined on 6/7/2014From the minute we walked in, this was the best dining experience I've had in a very long time. The food was perfect. Everyone at our table cleaned their plates - we laughed about licking them clean, literally. The service was every bit as good. Loved the bartender. He surprised me with a sample of an Irish whiskey I'd never heard of before. Very smooth. We'll be getting a bottle of it very soon. The outdoor patio is spectacular - we loved the waterfalls and the beautiful views.Special Features:
- Nice eveningMikey5954Dined on 6/6/2014We enjoyed a nice evening with good food and good friends. It was a pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceFrequentTravelerVIPDined on 6/3/2014I look forward to coming to Boise so I can drive to Eagle and go to dinner at Bella Aquila. I love the suppli and the chicken parm - both consistently amazing. They never disappoint and the service is always great too. Relaxing experience every time I go - thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!LovetoDineDined on 6/1/2014Our server was excellent! Drinks were always refilled! Food was timely and delicious. Can't wait for next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.