Bell + Whete
200 Bell St
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Bell + Whete
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellandwhete.com/
- Phone: 2065380180x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 - Close.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: German, Global, International, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bell + Whete
The Norman’s defined much of what we eat today; some might consider them the original foodies of England and France. When they invaded the British Isles, parts of France, Sicily, North Africa, and the Holy Lands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bell + Whete - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
Bell + Whete reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (18)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (6)special occasion (5)late-night find (5)romantic (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Service DisappointingSeattleDinerDined on 9/24/2014The food is always excellent, but the service on this visit was horrible. The server was extremely slow, as was the kitchen on this visit. Waiting 90 minutes for our entrees was just too much. It didn't help that the server got one of the orders wrong. While the server's error was an honest mistake it added an additional delay to our waiting. I won't be going back because of the poor service.Special Features:
- Great food and servicedineoutdudeDined on 9/23/2014We had heard about the great food here, and had also read about not-so-great service. But we took a chance and it paid off. The service was timely, efficient, pleasant and responsive without being overly attentive. Just right...and the food surpassed even our expectations. Come check this place out.Special Features:
- Fine dining, casual atmospheremizleileiDined on 9/13/2014Visited Belle + Whete for the first time with a group of friends to celebrate a birthday. Most of us ordered different items on the menu (duck confit, braised short ribs, mushroom risotto & pappardelle) and all of us were delighted with our meals. I ordered the pappardelle with duck and foie gras sausage that I have been craving since visiting. The desserts were amazing as well and perfected the meal. One of the only drawbacks was a very dimly lit space. We were seated in a deep booth which made it difficult to read the menu, maybe having the lights a little brighter or some candles on the table. I will definitely be back and hopefully will try other items on the menu, but that duck and foie gras sausage is going to make it difficult!Special Features:
- Go for staters and sidesOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2014For an establishment that makes it's reputation on meat, our New York Steak and Pork Chop was a slim slab of fat and gristle. Too bad--they have a lot of good things going otherwise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fabulous spaceMidgeDined on 8/22/2014Located in the heart of Belltown, on the newly re-done stretch of Bell Street, where the sidewalks are wide, with plenty of room for outdoor seating, Bell + Whete is a great neighborhood spot. We went for lunch and chose a booth by the open "garage" doors, so we were kind of both inside and outside. The service was excellent and the food was fantastic. I had the pork belly sandwich with lettuce and tomato and my friend had the Croque Monsieur. Both were served with tasty Belgian style fries and we specifically requested the ham aioli. We were glad we did, because it was delicious. The sandwiches were both winners as well. The pork belly was served on a toasted baguette and the Mornay sauce on the Croque Monsieur was amazing. Yum!Special Features:
- Needs ImprovementlsgrizVIPDined on 8/15/2014The location is great and the beer list is impressive. But the bar and kitchen were very slow and the food isn't great. It took over 25 minutes to receive the beers we ordered and over an hour from when we sat down to when we received our first dish, and the appetizer came out last! Some of the food was only lukewarm when it arrived. The pork belly was only crisped on one side and the fat wasn't fully rendered. Not great.Special Features:
- still working out the kinkschloeVIPDined on 8/8/2014Service was on the slower side, however, everyone was VERY friendly and helpful. Menu had a nice variety (and everything we ordered was tasty), my husband loved the beer list. With a few more weeks practice, this place will be up to par. Great for groups, large patio, and great location.Special Features:
- A new top Seattle restaurantTallEricVIPDined on 8/6/2014Wow, great foodie find. Seems like many current generation Belltown places don't put as much focus on truly amazing dishes. The duck+foie gras sausage is out of this world, it's as much pleasure as your taste buds can handle. The caramelized blue cheese on the perfectly done steak was almost better. Lots of interesting beers, cocktails, and gin to round things of. Truly epic. Will return many times...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great draft beer selection!OhttDined on 8/5/2014This used to be the site of a parking lot in Belltown, and the decor borrows heavily from NW Glisan Street in Portland. The entrees should have more substance but the salad was surprisingly delicious. Need more veggies on the menu. Best: 40+ beers on tap!I would recommend this to a friend.
- New and delicious!Hapa928928Dined on 8/2/2014This was a recommendation from a coworker, and it definitely was a good one. The venison and spicy garlic sausage was amazing, along with the German beers. Our waitress was helpful and fast, I definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodsavethexuxosDined on 8/2/2014I enjoyed my meal at B+W. I had the ginormous French fries and the quail. The quail was well prepared and serving size was just right. I didn't like my cocktail and it was substituted for something different which was appreciated. Service was good, other diners were friendly. Staff and patrons banded together over a dog being abused by owner, so clearly smart quality people come here.Special Features:
- Teething problems?DCB62Dined on 8/2/2014The food and the service were nothing beyond mediocre. Bell town has too many other far better places to eat. Pick one of those.
- great new placeNewToCincoDined on 8/2/2014A variety of interesting dishes. I tried foie gras torchon for the first time here. It was really good! Staff was attentive and professional. Good mixed drinks - they make their own tasty tonic. Moscow mule was really good too. Overall positive experience. Would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork Chops a Must!Smilez4foodDined on 7/30/2014This place was really good! We had tried multiple of items and the Pork chops were amazing. A nice thick cut, very well spiced and very moist. The place is really nice they have some outdoor seating and huge garage door style windows that open up on a nice day. I will definitely be there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope this new place lastsdonpDined on 7/29/2014Only open 3 weeks ..had great fois gras, st george martini, Excellent wine selection, charcuterie to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little greennakedtonueVIPDined on 7/22/2014Lots of potential but the I think the kitchen and bar staff is still trying to figure it out. We tasted all four house made sausages, and all but one (garlic) were a little bland. Perfectly fine dining experience, but nothing that knocked my taste buds around. Very friendly and competent service.Special Features:
- Getting their legs under themLuluDined on 7/17/2014A couple of things we asked for they didn't have "yet", food was good, not great. Great location and the place is big, with open windows to the street. Service great. They'll get there!Special Features:
- Protein Heavy Rings Good BellOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2014Go get your veggies somewhere else. The wursts and cheeses are the highlight here. Huge gin and whiskey menus demonstrate the Scottish/Irish/Norman theme. Odd craft made tonic for the gins are a interesting and flavorful addition to the cocktail. Don't be put off by the color, the taste is worth the cloudiness. Rich and heavy dishes are best enjoyed through paced eating. Went here on their "soft open" by chance, but can see the great potential once the kitchen and waitstaff get up to speed. If in Belltown, give them a ring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Bell + Whete reviews archive.