315 W. St. Julian Street
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.belfordssavannah.com/
- Phone: 9122332626x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday : 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kevin McPherson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Getting married? Entertaining important clients? Retiring? Organizing a company party? Celebrating a birthday? Belford’s Savannah is the perfect place to celebrate your special occasion. With the historic atmosphere, wonderful food and excellent service, we can help you create an unforgettable experience. The staff at Belford’s Savannah will assist you in selecting the best options from our menu, tailored to suit your event and your guests. If you have a special dish in mind, our chef is happy to prepare it especially for your group. Belford’s can accommodate up to 150 people and offers both buffet and seated service for groups and parties. We also cater, bringing our outstanding cuisine right to your door.
- Private Party Contact: Kari Allen 912-233-2626x
- Special Events: Belford’s Savannah is the perfect place to celebrate your special occasion or private party. With the historic atmosphere, wonderful food and excellent service, we can help you create an unforgettable experience. Belford’s can accommodate up to 150 people and offers both buffet and seated service for groups and parties. We also cater, bringing our outstanding cuisine right to your door.
The Director of Catering at Belford’s Savannah can help you select the best options from our outstanding menu, custom-designed to suit your private event. Whether you are planning a bridal shower, a wedding reception, a company holiday party, tour group meal or anniversary celebration, Belford’s is the place to be. If you have a special dish in mind, our chef is happy to prepare it especially for your group. Want to have live entertainment or a DJ as part of your event? We are happy to work with your chosen performer. Contact Kari Spano and let us help you create a memorable event.
A word from Belford's Savannah
All reservations over 6 guests must call the restaurant to place a reservation. Visit us at Belford’s Savannah – Seafood & Steaks. Belford’s offers casual fine dining in City Market. Enjoy award winning cuisine in a historic brick building dating back to 1902 which previously housed the Belford family’s wholesale food company. Since opening for business in 1997, Belford’s has taken the prize four times at the annual Taste of Savannah event judged by Southern Living magazine. Menu specialties include pan-seared jumbo lump Crab Cakes, Shrimp, Greens and Grits, Cajun Lobster Ravioli and Phyllo Salmon. All Belford’s steaks are Certified Angus Beef. Finish the evening with Marlowe’s house-made Cheesecake. Make Belford’s Savannah – Seafood & Steaks a part of your Savannah dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Belford's Savannah - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Belford's Savannah reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (38)fit for foodies (37)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (22)great for lunch (21)late-night find (15)notable wine list (12)hot spot (11)great for brunch (10)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- 1st time in savannahGood2dineDined on 10/28/2014Great service great good terrific Restaurant. Server ms Ebony was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyVIPDined on 10/25/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday, and the server was very friendly and acknowledged it right away. The service was very good, as was our meal of crabcakes and steak. We had an excellent bottle of wine, and the Creme Brule dessert was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014We were looking forward to dining at Belford's for our fourth wedding anniversary. The bread that was served and salad were very good. The main meal (filet and mashed potatoes) did lack the taste that we were looking for. My steak was tender but my husband's steak had gristle in the middle of the cut and was very tough. He was quite disappointed with the meal. The mashed potatoes were less than expected--very dry and tasteless. The nicest part of the meal was that the manager did give us a dessert for the anniversary meal.Special Features:
- Great food and servicegreatdinerDined on 10/22/2014We jad a bery memorable dinner here. The food and drinks were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Too noisy to have a conversation. And the wait was much too long for food. Some problem in the computer!!Special Features:
- DisappointedBadestQueenDined on 10/17/2014We had reservations and were seated promptly. There was a large party for a rehearsal dinner (30+) just behind our seating area. The noise and jubilation did not really bother us but the lack of staff attention surely did. We had 7:45 reservations & by 9:00 still did not have our dinner. It was explained that the kitchen was backed up due to the large party. so we asked for our check. The manager was sent to the table to assure us that our dinner would be right out. He offered to comp us a drink but WE WANTED FOOD, not more alcohol. Our food miraculously appeared in a few minutes and the tuna was icy cold in the middle. Obviously they tried to sear a frozen piece of tuna. We left hungry after almost 2 hours.Special Features:
- PopeyeDined on 10/16/2014Alissa was very customer service oriented and attentive to ensuring that we had a very nice dining experience!Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceLC14Dined on 10/13/2014A great spot in savannah. In a touristy spot but without the tourist trap feel. The best she crab soup I had my entire trip and you have to try the crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Overall great dining experience- food and service!Special Features:
- cool spot, good drinks, ?? steakmgbruceDined on 10/10/2014While The Mahi Mahi special and drinks were really good, we also got the filet that had a demi glaze on it, and it was drenched. There was no scraping / getting the glaze off, it overpowered the steak! From the Mahi special, I know they can cook good food, I just cannot recommend the steak at the steakhouse. The service was great however, and so was the dessert.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/9/2014Outdoor dining right onto the city market makes the location great. The food was good but the service was fantastic! Our waiter was funny and entertaining through out the entire meal. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- LocountrySuzDined on 10/4/2014Wonderful crab cakes! Ambiance great and the waiter was very knowledgable and attentive. Many Savannah restaurants have noisy dining rooms and this was a pleasant alternative where the five of us could talk without shouting. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed!MicheleVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had the crab cakes and pork chop. Wonderful! The crab cake presentation has changed. The cakes now are served on top of risotto which didn't work as well as the red rice and asparagus. Nevertheless, the crab cakes are to die for. The pork chop was tender and moist with an excellent flavor. Jason or waiter is simply the best. He gets it!!Special Features:
- Outstanding RestauranteatoutoftenDined on 9/28/2014This was an outstanding restaurant for our visit to Savannah. We ordered off the brunch menu since there were so many delicious offers. We started with fried green tomatoes which were excellent; then I had the Oysters Benedict. My husband had the steak and eggs which were also excellent. I highly recommend Belford's!!Special Features:
- eiffelDined on 9/27/2014Have frequented this restaurant many times and love the location with all of its hustle and bustle. Especially love dining outside. Wait staff is always excellent and never seem to hurry you. I always take visitors here.Special Features:
- Enjoyable lunchWiserbudDined on 9/27/2014My party of 4 was visiting Savannah to see an event at the Savannah Civic Center. I went online to find a good restaurant that was easy to walk to. We were all very pleased with our choice of Belford's. We sat outside which was very pleasant. We all had different meals and everyone enjoyed their choice. The waitress was very attentive and overall it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oscar2oscar2Dined on 9/24/2014Great food. Server was very friendly. Enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- livelyjanjVIPDined on 9/20/2014The fish special dish was relish. The service was excellent. It was a Saturday night and the street was quite noisy, but fun and lively.Special Features:
- Everything I ExpectedUGAAlumDined on 9/17/2014Great experience. Service, food, etc was all tip top. Nice surprise- their homemade chocolate chip ice cream...don't pass it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JollymanDined on 9/14/2014We had a wonderful time at Belford's! The food was excellent and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Good but not greatFoodieDined on 9/13/2014This is a beautiful restaurant and the food is good but very much over priced. I had the jumbo lump crab cakes . The crab cakes were large but we're not largely jumbo lump crab meat. I was disappointed in the quality. Drink special was excellent.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRNTBDined on 9/4/2014Enjoyed a wonderful meal and cocktails off City Market. The only disappointment of the evening was that they no longer have the Ahi Tuna app that they still show on their website menu. We got over it quickly and still had an amazing meal, but strongly suggested that they maintain their website a little better as those that come in from out of town use that tool to make decisions.Special Features:
- Blah Birthday dinnerSouthernFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Visited Savannah to celebrate my birthday and this restaurant came highly recommended. The service was excellent and it was a great night to dine outdoors. However the food was not that great. My husband LOVES she crab soup and by nature rarely sends anything back (it has to be awful) and he could not finish his soup because it was so bad. His chicken had wayyyy too much peanut butter in the satay. My Lobster ravioli was served cold and I only ate 2 of the 6. I was not impressed and will come back for drinks but not to eat. The pluses are the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Awesome foodchmstDined on 8/30/2014The crab cake is one of the best I have ever had. Large with a lot of crab meat and the 2 sauces that come with it just enhance the flavor, a spicy jalapeno sauce on top and a a sweet tomato jam on the bottom. Would highly recommend coming just for the crab cakes.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodRhondaDined on 8/29/2014Our table was ready when we arrived. We were waited on in a timely manner. The server was very attentive and helpful in ordering our food. We received it in a short amount of time and it was just as we ordered it. Very good. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. Four of us were from Texas and two in our party from Virginia. We loved it!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant for brunch!SavNativeDined on 8/24/2014I always enjoy having brunch at Belford's on a Sunday afternoon! The service is always great and the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningTampaBettyDined on 8/23/2014Loved the bisque! Great waiter- finally someone who listened and helped us select what was best for us. Perfectly cooked surf and turf. Quality, atmosphere and service / it feels good to get all that and more from a restaurant. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and foodUncleBobDined on 8/13/2014classic dishes well done... staff was humorous/entertaining.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantGracesouthernadventureDined on 8/12/2014Food was delicious. Waitress very attentive and patient with first time customers. I think her name was Amber. The watermelon Salad with grilled shrimp on top was excellent. While reservations are required, there was no reason for it that day. Only two other tables occupied at that time. Just a little pompous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and atmosphereCottonDined on 8/11/2014I've eaten here several times now any every time I try something different. The food is always very good and the staff is excellent. It's a must for dining when I'm in Savannah !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we chose Belford'sBylanderseaDined on 8/8/2014My daughter and I decided to visit Savannah at the last minute and made a reservation for Belford's. What a wonderful find! Our server suggested we split the She Crab soup- which was more than enough and saved us some money. The Simi wine was reasonably priced and the seafood was outstanding. The manager helped out her staff by serving our entrees. Well done. We would be happy to return.Special Features:
- Very goodExperiencedDinerDined on 8/7/2014They had a watermelon salad the day we ate lunch and it was delicious! The seared ahi tuna was good not disappointing but nothing outstanding. My husband said the hamburger was good and he would eat it again. Service was fine no complaints. Outside dining looked nice but too hot when we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Crab Cakes!blufftonbelleDined on 8/6/2014Belford Tavern is our new favorite restaurant! We are locals and just found Belford Tavern by googling 'crabcakes'. Super impressed with the service, and the $15 crab cake sandwich is worth every dollar. They are hands down the BEST crabcakes we've had in the Lowcountry. Very little filler and all lump crab meat. Also, their white chocolate bread pudding with caramel sauce is to die for. We will be back ~ often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseZoninVIPDined on 8/2/2014Do not listen to some reviews. This is an excellent place to dine. The most spectacular shrimp and grit presentation anywhere...fried green tomatoes great alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014First time and really enjoyd it. In savh eating out a lot and just never think about your place. Participating in restaurant week gpt us there. Now we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great service is notNot4southDined on 8/1/2014Those servers are rude!!! Replace them or train them proper but for the money we spent we want more polite and nice service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great people watchingYankeedoodleDined on 8/1/2014My friend and I dined at Belford's during Restaurant Week and ate outside to enjoy the activity in City Market. It is an inviting spot and the food has always been consistently good on the occasions I've lunched and had dinner there. The menu is reflective of southern cuisine, and the portions are quite ample and nicely presented. It is casual and upbeat, and the wait staff is above average. I will be returning soon again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Was served a warm bottle of rose wine. Appetizer plates were never brought to the table. Food was blah.
- Check out Belford'ssatisfiedcustomerDined on 7/30/2014If you're wandering around City Market, Belford's is worth checking out. Food flavor and presentation are similar to far more expensive restaurants. The restaurant was an old general store, completely open and with high ceilings. Great for ambiance, although it can up the noise level. Still, it's a fun place with good food -- a great combination when you're hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehfoodiegirlDined on 7/28/2014Server was slow and seemed more concerned about the older businessmen at the table next to us. The food was heavily salted (duck egg rolls and tri tip with ravioli) The shortcake biscuit was rock hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.