52 Belden Place
San Francisco, CA 94104Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.btaverna.com/
- Phone: (415)986-8887x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Bar: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm & 3:30pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 6:00pm, Sunday 4:30pm - 6:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Pino Spinoso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Special Events: For our diners on New Year's Eve and Valentines day, we will be offering both a special set menu in addition to our normal menu along with tented entertainment.
- Cross Street: Kearny & Pine
- Public Transit: Montgomery BART/MUNI station. Centrally located in the Financial District, 5 minutes walking distance from Moscone Conference Center, and 7 minutes walking distance from Union Square Area.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking Options:Sutter - Stockton Garage at 330 Sutter St,San Francisco Ca, Open Daily 24 hours. Or Street Parking
A word from Belden Taverna
Belden Taverna is an Italian Steakhouse. The cuisine is a memorable blend of bold flavors and elegant refinement. We serve contemporary American classics, beautiful Mediterranean themed salads, fresh seafood dishes and we use nothing but California farm fresh produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Belden Taverna - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Belden Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (40)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (14)romantic (13)special occasion (13)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (11)hot spot (6)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Team LunchTarynDined on 8/21/2014I was tasked with finding a place for our monthly Team Lunch. I saw that it was just a short walk from our office, and we had dined at a restaurant right next door, so we knew it would be easy to find. The menu made it very difficult to figure out what to order, because everything looked delicious! I ordered the crab spaghetti, and it did not disappoint. I felt like the noodles and the crab melted in my mouth. We are definitely going to return for our next lunch!Special Features:
- wonderfully tasty foodAlbinaDined on 8/15/2014We really enjoyed our meal at this restaurant. We shared 4 appetizers as our meal between 2 people and this was plenty of food and each of the dishes was absolutely delicious. The service was very nice and the restaurants is very beautiful. Overall, this was one of the best meals we had on our trip to San Francisco/Sonoma/Napa.Special Features:
- Good food. Loud. Slow service.LocaldinerDined on 8/12/2014The food was pretty good. Tomato bisque was tasty and well balanced. The lobster chowder was too spicy, but had nice flavor. The entrees were all good, not great. Our group had wild salmon, risotto, a cheeseburger and the mussels. Nice wine list The issue was more with the service and atmosphere. Inside, the restaurant feels more like a sports bar with loud TVs + 80s pop music blasting, selected by the bartender = a restaurant without a clear vision. Throughout our meal, waiters on the floor above us were dragging tables around, so loud, it drowned out the bad music. The service was pleasant but took forever, 40 minutes for soup and salad to arrive, another 30 minutes later for the meal. Eating outside would be a much better choice.Special Features:
- Great food, slow servicemgreybenefitDined on 8/12/2014I went to the Belden Taverna for a business meeting lunch this past week! The food was really amazing (I got the flank steak and parmesan fries and the heirloom tomato salad), but the service was extremely slow and ultimately made us very late to our afternoon meetings, which was very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSK1234Dined on 8/7/2014Reserved this for a friend's visit. We had a group of 10 and it was the most exciting and vibrant place for the get together. We all had a great time. The owner is also great fun!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/5/2014Went with a group of six, they seated us inside and upstairs which was away from everybody else. It was crowded and lively outside but rather lonely upstairs. The service was terrible. Drinks came after the appetizers. Then the main course took forever to come. The reservation was at 6:45 and already they were sold out of a couple of items we ordered.We had to constantly ask for our water glasses to be filled. The appetizers and salads were good but the main courses were just ok, with the pesto gnocchi being the worst. Will not return and will not recommend.
- A Happy Surprise in San Francisco!!AlieoDined on 8/4/2014What a find. Belden Place is San Francisco is tucked into an alley and is wonderful. There are at least 7 restaurants side by side with outside dining in the alley and lights all over the place making the atmosphere very jovial. It reminded me of the Saint Genaro's feast in Little Italy in New York City. The food was wonderful. A friend and I had the Beef Stroganoff - outstanding. My husband had lobster escargot and pork belly which he enjoyed also. Many types of food in the alley so no matter what you like, you can find it here. We know you will enjoy your experience here but hopefully when we return there will not be a crowd so we can't get a table. We will definitely be back and will also tell all of our friends. Enjoy S.F.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014Great service and atmosphere. Had a group of 14 and it was a memorable birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun outdoor European atmosphereJulesDined on 7/24/2014The food was ok, the service was very good and the location was fun and different.Special Features:
- Wow! Beyond expectationEverybodyLovesJamesDined on 7/22/2014This menu is classic and simple, or elegant as some would say. They have maybe 2 chops and 3 cuts of steak. That's all you need. The salads are impressively good. My spinach salad was amazing, and my wife enjoyed the salad she had. The wine and cocktail selection just rounds it out. I will come back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the hostess!birthdaygirlVIPDined on 7/11/2014buena sera! i have enjoyed Belden Taverna al fresco many times when i have traveled to SF- i only am able to get there about once per year but it is always a highlight of my year- great ambiance, great food, great service! & that rabbit = delish! my compliments to the chef!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Food was great, service was excellent....can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Good Choice for SF DowntownArtsproDined on 6/27/2014The food is excellent (pork chop was awesome) and the service was outstanding. Very friendly and we were really pleased that they were able to accommodate our group of seven on a Friday night. Bonus: moderate noise level so one can actually talk in a normal voice to dinner companions. The quality of the food and service, and the reasonable prices, make this a great downtown choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant could use updatingchipperDined on 6/21/2014Great food. Great energy and service. Bathrooms and some areas could use some updating/clearning. Beldon Alley could also use some sprucing up, especially the entry as the first thing you experience heading to this otherwise excellent spot.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerAleixVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was very good as was the service. Sitting outdoors in San Francisco is cold most of the time. the heater was on, but we were still cold. The coffee was extremely strong and it could have been hotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JthatterVIPDined on 6/12/2014The food is good, but portions are very small. The service has been pretty slow all three times we've had a group outing here. Not sure if they are just ignoring the group and attending to everyone else first or if they really are just slow. Besides the slowness, the staff is very nice and quite pleasant.
- Good but service was a bit unevenquietdinerVIPDined on 5/21/2014Good food and service although the service was inconsistent. I would anticipate it was because it was lunch and the server could not decide if we were two ladies out for a nice lunch as friends or if it was a business lunch. It was both and next time I will try and give the server a better feel for our time table.Special Features:
- Traditional italiannhoustonprairiegirlDined on 5/18/2014We had a large group of 10 to celebrate my daughter's graduation. It was very difficult to find a place on sunday evening! I found the taverna and it was great!! The staff was so friendly and accomodating for our large group. The food was excellent too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to discoverjhporterDined on 5/14/2014When I made the reservation (embarrassingly), I was thinking of another restaurant on Belden Alley to which I had gone several years ago. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to find something I hadn't expected and to find it so lovely, welcoming, and (ultimately) such a good choice for food, service, and ambience for talking to a friend without being overwhelmed with noise. The food was really excellent, and the waiter and hostess with incredibly accommodating. Thanks to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night time eatingPickyeaterDined on 5/13/2014We found the Belden Tavern to be a very nice place to eat. Sat outside on incredibly warm night. Food was very good. The broccoli salad was lacking in flavor. The chicken polenta and short ribs were very good. Service was good. Enjoyed the evening. Glad we were able to eat outside...........Special Features:
- Great SceneRosieAVIPDined on 5/12/2014I love Belden Taverna. The outdoor tables lining Belden Alley feel magical even on a cool night. Belden Taverna is always friendly and the food is delicious. Our large group had a wide variety of tastes - vegetarians, picky eaters, and more. The salads, appetizers and entrees pleased everyone. The wine list is broad and reasonably priced. The arancini were a favorite with everyone.Special Features:
- Great time with great friendsmib123Dined on 5/8/2014Came here on a Thursday night with some girlfriends and the service was amazing. They asked me if there was any table in particular I wanted, extremely helpful, and great staff! We had such a wonderful time and will def be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 285 reviews are from the Belden Taverna reviews archive.
- Delicous Crab SpaghettiManilaSunsetGalVIPDined on 5/2/2014The portion was just right with a balance of sweetness and spice!Special Features:
- A nice splurgeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/18/2014I thought the service and food here were excellent. We had a very nice time. While quite noisy and SF expensive, I'd go back.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2014Came here with a party of 18 to celebrate my fiancé's birthday. The staff were extremely accommodating and patient with our group. They made the entire night enjoyable. Food was very good and reasonably priced. Set in a very unique location in SF, the Belden alleyway makes you feel like you are dining outdoors in (insert your favorite European city here).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian foodChicagoDinerVIPDined on 3/11/2014Had a good Italian meal on an exciting block of restaurants. Service was good with a lot of activity as the restaurant was crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service is very lacking.NomsDined on 3/8/2014Due to the shortness of the form I'm going to leave just the improvement feedback. The major area that was lacking was the service. After we were all finished eating, we waited 20 minutes for what we thought was the check. The waiter instead showed up with dessert menus. Some people did opt for dessert. After waiting another 20minutes, the waiter returned and stated the dessert wasn't available. Why wasn't this information already available when ordering? After waiting another 15 minutes to get the check. The restaurant didn't seem busy. It's a small place with only a handful of parties seated. This makes this already frustrating experience even harder to understand.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, the oystersOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/6/2014Unfortunately, the oysters weren't shucked well - had to use my fork to fully shuck them off the shell....and the fish was overcooked - left half on the plate. My colleague enjoyed his beet salad but his beef stroganoff seemed small in portion. The ambience was nice but unfortunately the food did not meet expectations.
- Work or Fun Group this is the placeSheilaDined on 2/26/2014We found this place is great! The Staff outstanding and food delicious!!! Had a good time and I would definitely recommend if you have a small group. Wonderful ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious andBioregDined on 2/20/2014The food was delicious and the service was fast and amiable. My group was seated inside by the bar which is really energetic but I would love to go back to try more dishes and sit outside where it looks like there is more of a romantic scene.Special Features:
- Very fun!RagwomanVIPDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful Valentine's Day meal and the food was excellent...and...best creme brûlée ever...Special Features:
- Great service. Good food OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Great service. Good food Overall very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Good Ambience for dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Nice food and good ambiance for pairs. We had made a reservation but arrived 15 mins early and we didn't have to wait. The greeter was very nice & brought us upstairs immediately. She told us they are the only restaurant from the alley has upstairs. The ambiance was nice & romantic with the classic set up. It has the historical feel of the old building. The server came right up & he responded to all requests promptly & professionally. Food was excellent with a touch of unique ideas. We ordered the lobster escargots & they were delicious. I also like the sea bass dish & the squid ink spaghetti w/lobsters. The server even helped us taking photos with my professional DSLR & the pix turned out great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo Belden Taverna!TheBigHausDined on 2/14/2014It was Valentine's night - so a set menu. The ambience was relaxing, service outstanding, drinks tasty, but the food has some glitches. Our appetizers were lobster bisque, and lobster escarole. Loved the bisque, yet after tasting the lobster escarole I preferred traditional escarole. The fillet mignon was FANTASTIC! I cut the whole steak with a butter knife. The spinach was tasty, but the lobster was lacking something (it was a little bland). Also, my husband was disappointed with the short rib raviolis. He said that it wasn't the taste he was expecting (again bland). Needless to say, overall it was good on the food, and everything else was A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Big Thank youAnneMarieDined on 2/5/2014We held a very important customer dinner event at Belden Taverna last week for 16 guests. The food was terrific, service was friendly, quick and efficient, and Franz did an excellent making sure all of our needs were met. Our guests were thrilled and kept asking how we found such a great restaurant. Thank you Open Table and thank you Franz and your team for a memorable evening. Best, Anne MarieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drink menu and affordableJamsyDined on 1/24/2014Great drink menu and affordable wines as well. We ate off Dine-around-Town menu and it was a lot of food and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingKimberlys82Dined on 1/21/2014Came here for SF's Dine about town. On their website the DAT menu included steak (the only reason I chose this restaurant). Get to the restaurant and steak is no longer an option on the DAT menu. Since that was what I really wanted I ordered a Petite Filet Mignon instead of something off the DAT menu. Asked for Medium Well, it was rare. Service was slow (my friend had to ask for her starter soup because after about 30 min it wasn't out yet), food was not great. Got a Smores Cake dessert ($9) and it was very small and not good at all. Overall the meal was expensive (about $60 for steak, happy hour wine and dessert), incorrect and not very good. Will not be back.
- good but not greatdontcookgooutDined on 1/19/2014took for ever to get food after ordering, and it was the night of the SF 49ers vs. Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine About Town FindDivineDineDined on 1/17/2014Friends and I were trying to find a place to have dinner before a jazz show in the vicinity. It was the annual Dine About Town and I found this place on the opentable website. We could not have been happier. The pasta tasted like it made just hours before, the pork chop was the biggest one I'd ever seen and the desserts were absolutely divine! Highly suggested!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ValueSatisfiedDined on 1/2/2014We had the crab cakes which were excellent - crispy and full of crab meat. Lunch was Venison burger for my guest and beef Stroganoff for me. Both dishes were perfectly cooked. Dessert, spicy nut cake with maple ice cream and berries, to die for. I'd definitely put this restaurant on my permanent list of good places to eat in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.