52 Belden Place
San Francisco, CA 94104Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.btaverna.com/
- Phone: (415) 986-8887
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Bar: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm & 3:30pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 6:00pm, Sunday 4:30pm - 6:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Pino Spinoso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Special Events: For our diners on New Year's Eve and Valentines day, we will be offering both a special set menu in addition to our normal menu along with tented entertainment.
- Cross Street: Kearny & Pine
- Public Transit: Montgomery BART/MUNI station. Centrally located in the Financial District, 5 minutes walking distance from Moscone Conference Center, and 7 minutes walking distance from Union Square Area.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking Options:Sutter - Stockton Garage at 330 Sutter St,San Francisco Ca, Open Daily 24 hours. Or Street Parking
A word from Belden Taverna
Belden Taverna is an Italian Steakhouse. The cuisine is a memorable blend of bold flavors and elegant refinement. We serve contemporary American classics, beautiful Mediterranean themed salads, fresh seafood dishes and we use nothing but California farm fresh produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Belden Taverna - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Belden Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (31)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (12)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (10)special occasion (9)romantic (9)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- First of all, I looooooooooooooveNatalieVIPDined on 2/14/2009First of all, I loooooooooooooove Belden Place. It also happens to be my last name(really.I think the Belden Taverna should get a better hostess, one that actually smiles( I thought that was standard). The restaurant is very cozy downstairs, nicer upstairs with table cloths even. As far as the food goes, my fennel salad was good but petite (not in a good way) I could have eaten three times as much as least. My husband's pork chop was extremely dry even though the bass I ordered was delicious. The moulton chocolate cake was ok because I love chocolate, but not even warm.Special Features:
- the kobe beef dish i had wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009the kobe beef dish i had was awesome! wish it was a bit warmer. the food tasted a bit cold. i also had the creme brulee. that was a nice dish, but a bit "buttery" for my taste. the service was a bit slow, but the server was very nice and welcoming. the atmosphere had a nice, intimate setting. perfect for a romantic night out. i had a good time; wouldn't mind coming back again!Special Features:
- The service was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/30/2009The service was terrible. We had various waiters. We had a guest in our party that is allergic to garlic/onions/chives and even though several servers were asked about recommendations of items on the menu that might be free of these ingredients not one came back with an answer from the kitchen.
- I celebrated my 30th birthdayLookin4yumDined on 1/24/2009I celebrated my 30th birthday here with a small group and couldn't have picked a better place! Everything we ordered (Rib-eye and Kobe Short Ribs--outstanding) had a taste that was out of this world. I loved the atmosphere as you walk through the alley past all the other restaurants. It took me back to my trip to Brussels. I would return next time when the weather is warmer so that I can enjoy the outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Good place to take clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/9/2009Good place to take clients for lunch, especially on a warm day.Special Features:
- It is a favourite in the FinancialbonappetitVIPDined on 1/5/2009It is a favourite in the Financial District. Located in a alley around the landmark BT is located by Bank of American and Russ building (which was the tallest building in SF until 1963). Belden Taverna is creative with their dishes and has space upstairs for large parties. The sandwiches are always reliable, such as ahi tuna on soft roll or chicken on focaccia, served with fries but they will subsitute greens (for those of us who watch the calories). Hummus is served along with butter for the bread, which is a plain baquette. Salmon is grilled on a bed of mango bits and red peppers that is excellent, $19.Special Features:
- Went on New Year's Eve. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2008Went on New Year's Eve. Very festive little place. The management and staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. Corkage was a reasonable $20. We had the prix fixe special for NYE that also reasonable at $70 per person for 4 courses. We had: 1st course a)1/2 doz oysters 1/2shell b)mixed greens with feta and beets, 2nd course a)linguine with chanterelles & shaved black truffles b)lasagne with short rib ragu 3rd course, both had lamb chops with moussaka, 4th course a) bergamot creme brulee w/rosemary gelato b)molten choc cake w/vanilla ice cream soda. We brought in a small grower vintage champagne, and also had a glass of chianti from the list with the lamb. Everything was delicious. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- The atmosphere at the BeldenKatCJamesDined on 12/19/2008The atmosphere at the Belden Taverna was lively and festive. I had dinner with two girlfriends the Friday before Christmas to celebrate the holiday. We sat right inside the front door in a window seat that allow us to enjoy the comings and goings of others. The downfall was that we could smell the cigar smoke from outside and everytime the front door opened, we were blasted by cold air. Our waiter and the service clearly compensated for these minor discomforts. The service and attention we received was fantastic, the drinks were excellent and the good was good. It was a little pricey, but all-in-all was a nice experience.Special Features:
- Very cold in the restaurant.LuvSFdiningVIPDined on 12/16/2008Very cold in the restaurant. Service was slow. Food was very good.
- A fun spot for a work dinnertimberVIPDined on 11/20/2008A fun spot for a work dinner with a group of 8. Wait staff was terrific--the right suggestions, didn't "sell" us too hard, kept the evening moving. Food was great. Atmosphere was part tavern/part restaurant and that was exactly right for the end of a long day of meetings with work folks. Will go back for sure.Special Features:
- I hadn't been to Belden inOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/6/2008I hadn't been to Belden in over a year and had a business lunch come up and thought I would give it a try. There wasn't a table available outside for a group our size (I changed the size of the party at the last minute) so we were the only group inside. Our waiter handled both tables inside and outside and was fabulous. He was completely on top of things but not in an obvious awkward way that some waiters have. The food was wonderful!! The mac and cheese is to die for, and the soups oompletely creative. There wasn't one complaint on the entrees and only clean plates left!Special Features:
- I have been to this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/6/2008I have been to this place quite a few times and it never disappoints, in fact it exceeds my expectations everytime. The staff, manager and chef have always been charming, too. Great stop for a warm day so you can eat outside.Special Features:
- I went there with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2008I went there with a group of 10. Although we had a big group in the restaurant, the service was excellent. The waitress was nice and helpful. The food was also good there, however, the appetizers were all small. We did not have enough since we had 10 people.Special Features:
- Smaller portions of good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/24/2008Smaller portions of good food. Menu offers a nice variety of seafood, chicken and red meats. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- We ate downstairs in the barAMD115Dined on 10/18/2008We ate downstairs in the bar area....didn't have the ambiance of eating outdoors or in the upstairs dining room. The outdoor space is pretty unique in SF. Food was excellent; very fresh pasta, incredible savory short ribs, excellent soup, good salads. Saturday evening wait staff was overburdened (but very nice)and we had to finally ask the manager to take our drink order, after waiting some time. Would recommend the restaurant as special, not too expensive and fun meal.Special Features:
- My dining experience was horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2008My dining experience was horrible. It took the waiters and waitresses fiftnee minutes to take down my order for a first drink and another 15 minutes to ask if I wanted another drink. Then, it took me forty-five minutes to receive my entree. And the food was mediocre. The waiters and waitresses did not apologize nor did they even bother to bring us more bread. I will not suggest this restaurant to any of my colleagues.Special Features:
- The food here was good, notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2008The food here was good, not great. For the prices, I expected a bit more (not in terms of portions, but quality). I recently ate dinner there with a large group, and the service left much to be desired. Things took an enormously long time to get delivered, manus and wine lists were left on our table (rather than taken away after we had ordered), and food was delivered for some people much earlier than for others. A couple of our diners didn't get their entrees until most everyone else had finished. I don't blame our waitress so much as management for not putting in someone more experienced, or at least double-staffed us. It was just too amateurish for the cost.Special Features:
- We had a great time diningPRMAVENDined on 10/9/2008We had a great time dining outdoors at Belden Taverna with a small group from out of town. Everyone praised me for choosing such a fun outing. All the dishes were tasty and well-prepared, and the wine was superb. We'll definitely go again to Belden Taverna.Special Features:
- Belden Street is a great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2008Belden Street is a great find. Belden Taverna is execellent. The serive was very good. Some of the sauces were a little much, but overall it was an enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- The food was ok for the price;likes2cookVIPDined on 8/29/2008The food was ok for the price; the wine was way overpricedSpecial Features:
- ordered crab cake--refrigeratorOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/16/2008ordered crab cake--refrigerator cold in the center--had to send back, second order was tepid in the center. bacon cheeseburger--hamburger was cooked bacon wasn't well cooked. do not plan to return, MANY restaurants that i prefer in SFSpecial Features:
- My favorite downtown lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2008My favorite downtown lunch place, especially on a sunny day! Taverna won't break your pocketbook, yet the (relatively) new chef has some fun & interesting versions of some old stand-bys. I like that the menu changes, although I hate to see some items I really like fall by the wayside. Because I'm vegan, I often find myself ordering off-menu. never a problem here. The chef creates beautiful plates of perectly-prepared veggies in season. Their wine selection is adequate; not for a wine snob. I'd suggest skipping dessert, it's just not their focus. But if you want a great salad, pasta dish or burger, this is the place! OMG--not to mention the out-of-this-world french fries!Special Features:
- Horrible service at a mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/14/2008Horrible service at a mediocre restaurant. Definitely not worth it!!!
- Service was spotty. My diningJimHVIPDined on 8/6/2008Service was spotty. My dining companion had limited time. The server initially brought the wrong entre for each of us. Then it took forever for the correct food. In order to get out in 1 1/2 hours (a long lunch) we were told to order "a cold dessert." Service just not up to par.
- Good food and reasonable prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2008Good food and reasonable prices. Eclectic menu works for kids, too.Special Features:
- Fun, really good food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2008Fun, really good food, excellent service. Cocktails well done. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- My companion and I both foundOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/3/2008My companion and I both found what we wanted on the menu, even though our interests were nearly opposite. My companion - a young man in his 20's - judged the hamburger "excellent"; I the salad with crab cakes was just what I wanted. We ate out of doors during a busy part of the day, but it was quiet enough for an uninterrupted business business meeting.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour too! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/27/2008Great Happy Hour too! The bar does get packed, but the happy hour drink and food menu was delicious AND affordable!Special Features:
- It was a little chilly, butEmoplusshoimDined on 5/19/2008It was a little chilly, but with the heaters on, we were able to sit outside. Feels like Europe; service was excellent. Brought a magnum and they only charged $20 for corkage. Especially loved when all the runners ran through the alley, whooping and hollering; only in SF. Food was really, really good!Special Features:
- I was pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2008I was pleasantly surprised with Belden Taverna. We ate outside and though it was a cool night, the atmosphere was fun and the heat lamps were enough to keep us warm. I would definitely recommend this restaurant as a hidden gem of the city.Special Features:
- Belden Alley is a nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2008Belden Alley is a nice place to have a European style dinner. The major issue I had with Taverna was it advertised itself as greek but mainly served American-style food. Eating outdoors was nice though with the one exception of eating on a slanted table.Special Features:
- The food was expertly seasonedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/16/2008The food was expertly seasoned - one thing I don't like is overly salty food. This was just to my taste. Presentation of the food was excellent. I ordered the mixed grill and the fish was cooked perfectly. One of my dining companions ordered the pork chop and it looked so good I wanted to order one for myself! Very nice surroundings and excellent food. Good selection of entrees - there was something on the menu to suit a variety of diners' taste. The wait staff was pleasant and efficient.Special Features:
- I have been to Belden TavernaOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/25/2008I have been to Belden Taverna three times and the food has always been very good. I'm not much of a seafood fan but there always seems to be about three or four meat or poultry dishs available at dinner. On two occassions we split a pasta entree as an appetizer. I haven't tried the outdoor patio dining yet but plan to in the warmer months. The wines appear (mine was by the glass)to be on the expensive side but they offer a $20 corkage fee as an option for your own BYO.Special Features:
- We celebrated my mother'sFoodieVIPDined on 4/19/2008We celebrated my mother's 70th birthday there during our weekend in San Francisco. The restaurant accomodated our request for a quiet table, upstairs. The service and food was good, the evening was enjoyed by everyone. I would likely dine there again the next time I'm in SF.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2008The food was excellent, the service was excellent. I had a wonderful carrot soup that I still crave.Special Features:
- Food ggod, service great,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2008Food ggod, service great, extensive risotto menu with fresh pasta and seafood, we'll go back with friends!Special Features: