160 Prospect Ave.
Hackensack, NJ 07601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.belpostonj.com/
- Phone: 2018808750
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday & Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Continental, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Contact our Gourmet Pantry Manager for catering details.
- Private Party Facilities: Contact our Events and Banquet Manager for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Ponzini-Ramos 2018808750
- Entertainment: Our entertainment schedule and performer profiles are available at www.marrones160.com.
A word from Bel Posto
The Bel Posto menus have been designed to employ old world Italian flavors to compliment hearty, American classics: steaks and chops. Bel Posto is a fully equipped restaurant/bar/catering facility constructed with 3 full service bars, a spacious cocktail lounge, outdoor and upper terrace a la carte seating, and two dining rooms that accommodate over 200 people each. The lower level includes two hand crafted mahogany bars, a waterfall, a stage for live entertainment, a dance floor, the cocktail lounge and an a la carte dining room. The upper level includes one full service bar, two terrace gardens with outdoor seating, a dance floor, banquet seating for parties and corporate functions, and a romantic bridal suite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bel Posto reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good EntertainmentAnex43VIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was overdone and service perfunctory. The kitchen still has a lot to do in getting its act together. At least they listened to the "no salt" request this time so the food was properly salted. We go only for the entertainment.
- Amazing food & entertainmentNJHousewifeDined on 8/2/2014Bel Posto is a wonderful place to dine. My husband & I were there for 2 1/2 hours because the atmosphere was very relaxed & they had a husband/wife singing duo there, who were incredible. The breads & desserts are all freshly baked at the restaurant & they have a deli connected to the restaurant. I can't wait to return for another great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findMLK17VIPDined on 7/31/2014Finally got to this restaurant. Was pleasantly surprised. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great meal with live entertainmentGoodcookieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Beautiful restaurant, well prepared food, polite service, live entertainment.....The Caprese salad w/heirloom tomatoes (perfectly ripe) with roasted peppers, imported olives and buffalo mozzarella outstanding! Veal francese and sole Francese was tender, well sauced and nicely plated with mashed potatoes and an assortment of fresh, al dente vegetables. The service was very nice and we wanted for nothing. There is valet parking (free) and the host, Rick, was gracious and attentive throughout the meal. They have live entertainment beginning at 7:30 on Saturday night (a singer and electric guitar player) and there is a large marble floor for dancing. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- UnderwhemlingDine4FunDined on 7/12/2014We tried this place for my daughter’s birthday. The location is very nice. Unfortunately the service was not what I anticipated. The food and presentation was average. I would be hard pressed to go back.
- The following 86 reviews are from the Bel Posto reviews archive.
- highly recommend!inooDined on 6/24/2014I had dinner with friends here and come again with family including mother in law. Every staff was kind and happy to recommend menu and of course every food was great nothing to be left. What I had was seafood spagetti, pork chop, tiramisu, and coffee! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good entertainment,Anex43VIPDined on 6/14/2014They have good entertainment but the kitchen needs work. Still over salting food even when we said no extra salt. Veal saltamboca over spinach did not come over spinach. The wre willing to fix it but we were too far along in meaal.
- Food was ExcellentLilac123aVIPDined on 6/8/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. I had the fillet of sole francaise and my husband had shrimp arrabiata. Both were done very well - sauces were delicious - I would definitely order again. The dessert was a berry pastry tart which was done with fresh cream - crispy, sweet, and not a ton of calories. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Beautiful and Delicious1njgalVIPDined on 5/28/2014This lovely establishment has a great lounge area in addition to a lovely large doing room with marble floor for dancing. Music on the weekends…great food ad service. The salmon was excellent…a friend order pasta primavera which she loved. I was recently here with our golf group and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their dinner. If you arrive early enough you can enjoy happy hours with discounted drinks! They service is wonderful and they go out of their way to please.Special Features:
- ClosedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014When we arrived at 6:30 PM the restaurant was closed and we had to scramble in order to find another restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mather's dayninoDined on 5/11/2014when I made reservations they didn't mentioned it was a brunch we were waiting for the menu like fools, but on the other hand the food was greatSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Food was great. Not sure why more people don't gravitate here - it's a great place with excellent dance music for the over 40 group.Special Features:
- noteworthy sericebklyDined on 3/22/2014nice to go somewhere where service actually means somethingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We got seated right away,kvissy105Dined on 2/22/2014We got seated right away, food was good but a little too salty. We ordered 2 specials and unfortunately they were out (sea bass) but we replaced w/ filet of sole. Price was also reduced to accomodate. Very friendly wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, Great SushiTonyPDined on 2/14/2014Nice place for the family to eat. Limited menu and expensive. Well rounded with nightlife, Sushi Bar, Regular Bar area and restaurant area. Valet parking. ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightcesgDined on 2/14/2014Went here for Valentine's Day. The food we ordered was delicious. The tables are a little close to each other but not uncomfortably so. We enjoyed a lovely Barolo. The prices were reasonable. My only criticism was the service. It was a bit slow and disorganized. Though it was Valentine's Day the time we sat down to dinner wasn't overly crowded. Our server took a long time to bring out our courses. She seemed overwhelmed at times. We didn't stay for dessert or coffee because it was getting late. But everyone was especially nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Happy with Staff & Serviceveros925Dined on 1/30/2014We realized after we ordered that there was sushi, yet were never given a menu, nor was it mentioned by our server. The food was good and reasonably priced. My lamb shank was ok, the broth was better than the lamb, and the drinks were watered down. I ordered a pomegranate martini that looked & tasted like fruit punch. I sent it back & got a replacement that was better, but it still was not made properly. We sat around for quite sometime in between asking if we needed anything. We stared at the waiters talking in the corner as we waited desperately to ask for water. For such a beautiful restaurant, I would think the staff would be more friendly & accommodating, but that was not the case.Special Features:
- elegant dining with personalitymiddleageDined on 1/18/2014the food was first rate as was the impeccable service. Perhaps most striking was the quiet elegance that radiated throughout the room. The service was top notch and the food was authentic , the sushi was fresh and pasta was the best ive had in years. I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent and expensive.HPTNJDined on 1/18/2014Food is excellent and expensive. Spacious setting, usually quiet because it is never full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service,upscale not stuffyzatlVIPDined on 1/8/2014Really good food, warm and friendly service. Surprisingly great sushi!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music and Dinner - A Rare FinddrfsfDined on 12/28/2013Bel Posto is one of the few places that you can enjoy music with your dinner. It has a nice ambiance and the food is good. The service is particularly outstanding. The staff and the owners are forever catering to your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGDeStefanoDined on 12/6/2013My office celebrated our Christmas Dinner there on Friday evening and had an amazing time. We were a group of 8 people. We enjoyed dinner and danced around afterwards with their live DJ. Great crowd! Will recommend for group dinners or date nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet comfort foodBijouxVIPDined on 11/20/2013Perfection in the pappardelle with Bolognese sauce. Great Cesar salad with avocado. For dessert there was a cannoli with Sherpa milk ricotta which was amazing- crispy just filled pastry with a light and creamy center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food And EntertainmentAnex43VIPDined on 11/9/2013We have been there a number of times and will be back. The food is very good and well prepared and presented. The staff is great and works hard to provide an enjoyable experience. They also have entertainment and a nice dance floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was awful.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2013We had to send our first entree choice back as the meat was Inedible tons of grizzle and fat. They were accommodating and asked us to order something else off the menu. So we decided on a pasta fish figured we couldn't go wrong with that. The pasta dish was mediocre. Nothing special. It's too bad this place can't get the food portion together because the atmosphere is quite elegant. However the food falls way short of elegant!! Don't waste your money on this place.
- Fun Evening With Good EntertainmentAnex43VIPDined on 10/26/2013We have beet here before and, as usual, had a fun evening listening and dancing to the C Notes. Friendly and courteous service. Attentive without being intrusive. For was very good and they were happy to accommodate dietary restrictions. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJohnDined on 10/1/2013Great place, definitely going back. Food was fantastic, the waitress was knowledgeable about the menu, and overall ambiance was great for a romantic dinner. Great selection, will be going back several times just to work through all the interesting items on the menu.Special Features:
- This was a flawless experience.BijouxVIPDined on 9/6/2013This was a flawless experience. From a stellar Ceasar salad to our amazing entrees. This chef knows how to cook fish. Ny Mom and I shared a whole Branzino roasted in salt. The fish was amazingly tender, juicy and not at all salty. Just delicious . The chef filleted and split the entree for us in the kitchen. We didn't even ask. The portion was plenty for the two of us. My sister ordered the swordfish and let me tell you that was totally to die for. It was roasted with tomatoes, olives and fresh herbs. The sweet tomatoes and sauce was a flavor explosion. Just amazing. The Maitre D and waiter couldn't be nicer. Even when we arrived 45 min. late and I screwed up my open table reservation .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining And DancingAnex43VIPDined on 8/17/2013Saturday night visit with friends. Friendly crowd, good food and service. While not on the menu, they have gluten free pasta.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very good. serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013Food is very good. service needs to be worked on. Great duo the nights I was there "C" notes. Huge dance floorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very inventive Italian cuisine.BijouxVIPDined on 8/2/2013Very inventive Italian cuisine. Although the kitchen had a few snags in getting Dinner out they acknowledged the errors and took my entree off the bill. They need to be careful with menu descriptions also. A special was described as sole with Meyer lemon and I'm sure it was hake or cod but definitely not sole.Special Features:
- IT'S NOT A TRADITIONAL ITALIANOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2013IT'S NOT A TRADITIONAL ITALIAN MENU. TOO MANY WEIRD DISHES.
- Very welcoming staff!!!!!!fitfreddieDined on 6/15/2013had a wonderful night out...pre father's day..Great spot for dining and dancingSpecial Features:
- DinnerNeveragainDined on 6/15/2013The service was terrible and the manager had a attitude. The food was average at best. They were clearly overbooked and understaffed. In Bergen county there are plenty of places to go that are much better. We ordered wine with our dinner and we got it after we ate our dinner. Just a terrible experience with average food.
- Perfect!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/5/2013This newly revised restaurant is an absolutely beautiful gem. But this doesn't equate to a stuffy atmosphere. The staff was friendly and the food was perfectly prepared. We were there for an anniversary dinner and are planning many more enjoyable meals, but also look forward to a light meal in the lively bar area! I've also heard that the weekend brunch was impressive. I encourage other Prospect Avenue area neighbors to take advantage of this great addition to our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible bread!JG12345VIPDined on 6/4/2013we were no expecting much at this restaurant attached to an apartment building. we were truly surprised. i always think that if the bread is good , that;s a great precursor for a good meal. The bread here is amazing! baked in house as is are all the pastry and deserts. we had a variety of fish and all were great. a true surprise and a great mealSpecial Features:
- great experiencelu2dineetDined on 5/23/2013From the moment we walked in ,we were greeted with friendly welcoming service . The service was prompt . The food was good, the service was excellent .my wife ,and I will be returning .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what expectedSUNNYDined on 5/18/2013I was very excited to try this restaurant out because of the great menu on their web site, only to learn they never updated it. Didn't find too much that pleased me or my guest. Found it very loud. Big party there & felt I was at a Wedding with tables surrounding the dance floor. I don't think I would return.Special Features:
- Good place for special occasionKO08901Dined on 5/18/2013We had a dinner with our guest from Japan and it wasexcellent dinner in NJ. They are ver satisfied with friendly managers, good portion of meals and live music. There is sushi bar, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch gem!WendeenycVIPDined on 4/14/2013Went for brunch and my expectations were exceeded. Food was plentiful with a great variety. Service was very attentive and accomodatingSpecial Features: