170 N Sunbury Rd
Westerville, OH 43081Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellagorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 614-891-0200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday...: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch.......: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday Dinner........: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Owen Maass
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Now Catering off premise - call for details
- Special Events: We specialize in corporate and social events. We are available for business lunches/dinners, seminars, holiday parties, birthdays, anniversaries and rehearsal dinners. Contact Katie Mansfield at 891-0200 for details. Develop a personal menu to please all your guests.
A word from Bel Lago
Bel Lago's mission is to bring Westerville and Greater Columbus the most fabulous waterfront dining experience in the area. The ambiance of the location on the pristine Hoover Reservoir is beautiful and relaxing -- the perfect backdrop for enjoying the creations of their exceptional kitchen team and a selection from the extensive wine list. Bel Lago's menu is designed with something for everyone -- from casual fare for enjoyment on the open terrace bar to high quality creative cuisine for a great dinner right here in your neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Bel Lago - Best Restaurants in Westerville ›
Bel Lago reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (146)special occasion (83)romantic (69)great for outdoor dining (68)notable wine list (46)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (39)great for lunch (30)good for groups (26)great for brunch (21)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014They took wonderful care of my girlfriend and I. Food was fantastic, the view was marvelous (we didn't have any problems getting a seat on the veranda), and they provided complimentary dessert for our six-month anniversary. We were really impressed!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014They were very accommodating because we are vegetarian and willing to work with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value is QuestionableEnjoyfoodDined on 10/12/2014We experienced the Sunday Brunch for 24.95 per person. While the food was good, it was not exceptional. I have been to better brunches that boasted more variety of food dishes with better taste and flavors. I don't think the Brunch food offerings is worth the money per person. Our server was somewhat attentive. The hostess was rude. I made reservations two weeks in advance and expected a decent seating. I do not think we will return for Brunch. There are so many fine restaurants in Columbus that serve amazing food and this food was not amazing.Special Features:
- Delicious food, great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Bel Lago is the first place that comes to mind for a special family dinner. Breathtaking view of the lake while enjoying excellent, innovative food from the calamari with thinly sliced lemon fried alongside to plenty of menu choices to please all tastes. Kid's menu and treatment of children by the staff as welcome members of the table is appreciated!Special Features:
- cobolosDined on 10/11/2014Was a great experience. Excellent service. Great food and scenery. A must go place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014It's over priced and slow service. One person in the group received the wrong meal. Atmosphere is nice.
- Beautiful Place for a Romantic DateHappyDinerDined on 10/9/2014Hands down, the best food I've ever had. I had the Fire Grilled Trout and my wife had the lobster mac and Cheese. Both were amazing. The waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and Bel Lago went the extra mile to make it special with a complementary piece of chocolate cake with ice cream. It is expensive, but definitely worth it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Was much to quiet for my liking. It felt like I needed to whisper. Waitress was outstanding and very attentive but very quiet as well, almost to the point of not being able to understand her.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerLakewoodFoodieDined on 10/5/2014Quiet, romantic dinner. First-time eating here. Enjoyed it very much. Beautiful view of the reservoir. Excellent service and food.Special Features:
- Great first date spotBLT709Dined on 10/4/2014Great view of the reservoir, great food, great service. She loved it!Special Features:
- Management let us downOldNormDined on 10/3/2014Server was excellent but the maitre d' let us down. It was our anniversary and when I booked I requested a window table. When we arrived I was told that there were no window tables available and there was another couple before. I asked why a window table could not have been reserved for us. He stated that there were many people who wanted to sit there. The restaurant was only about half full by the way. He then offered us a booth. It turned out to be next to the servers' entrance. We settled on a table near the fireplace. I'm sure that many of the people occupying the window seats had not made reservations. The restaurant was a favorite of my wife's but we will not be returning there.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday celebration!PamelaVIPDined on 9/30/2014We enjoyed a wonderful birthday celebration @ Bel Lago! Comfy table by the window w/ a beautiful view. Excellent service from waiter, good wine list and extra special attention to our table. A yummy chocolate dessert w/ candle to finish the meal, compliments of Bel Lago. Service, food, wine, atmosphere top notch!Special Features:
- Best Bday Dinner Yet!WinedAndDinedDined on 9/29/2014Honestly, I'm a hard critic. This place is phenomenal. We went here for my hub's Bday. From the food to the service to the wine it was out of this world! I had the fall tortellini. Superb. We ordered calamari to start but the server forgot to enter it in (no big deal, we had too much food coming anyways) he eventually brought it out and apologized, taking it off our bill. Not only did he do that, he gave my husbands birthday desert free AND the manager gave us a $15 gift card!!! Are you serious?! All for one missed calamari? This place goes above and beyond! Thank you Bel Lago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A relaxing Sunday brunch spot.DaisysmomDined on 9/28/2014Sunday brunch is a buffet that includes the usual breakfast fare, plus smoked salmon, made to order omelets and waffles, prime rib carving station, salads, fruits and nice desserts. It is very relaxed, the service is excellent, and no one rushes you to turn over the table. If the weather is nice, ask for a table on he veranda overlooking the Hoover Reservoir. A great spot for a relaxing start to Sunday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/27/2014The food was average at best. We ordered the salmon which was the highlight of the meal and was very good, though very very small piece. The lobster Mac and cheese was pretty bad. It looked and tasted like boxed Mac & cheese with lobster tossed in. There were only 4 kids meal selections and the portions were very small for the money. The restaurant itself was beautiful. Our waiter forgot about us several times. It was an all around disappointment.Special Features:
- LovelyAnnieVIPDined on 9/27/2014I always enjoy Bel Lago for the view the food and the atmosphere. The fact that it is the neighborhood is a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHappyGFDined on 9/25/2014My night was amazing, it was my first time at this restaurant. It was my boyfriends birthday and he loved it! The view was perfect on the veranda and the food was delicious. The waitress brought him out a cake with a candle it was very special. Would definitely recommend Bel Lago for someone who wants a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING !WestervilleFrequentVIPDined on 9/24/2014Our wait staff was excellent !Food, view & company wonderful !Special Features:
- The CandidateJosephDined on 9/23/2014We have taken several people here for dinner as they are looking at Columbus to move here for employment purposes. They are so impressed with the view of the water and enjoyed the divine cocktails before dinner followed by the outstanding wine selection by the sommelier. The food was excellent. Fresh rainbow trout was raved about by our guests as well as the perfectly seared scallops. Finished off with a decant chocolate dessert it was a great impression of what Columbus has to offer .Special Features:
- Great view, food questionable.RakmupDined on 9/23/2014The view was fantastic even though you fight looking around the thick white frames. We fought flies most of the time and the food was mediocre at best. Our server was great and very attentive.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceMikeVIPDined on 9/22/2014We took my sister and brother in law who were visiting from Argentina for dinner. Every aspect of our experience was superb, can't say enough about service friendliness and the wonderful reservoir viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a romantic place with a viewJR2KYDined on 9/22/2014The Beautiful Architecture Immediately Set The Tone For Us. The View Into The Hoover Dam Was Splendid. The Staff Was Attentive And Courteous Throughout. From The Appetizer To The Main Course Was Freshly Made And Exquisite To The Taste. We Will Cherish Such Memory ForeverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Evening2nvisionDined on 9/20/2014I had a wonderful dining experience at Bel Lago. The staff was excellent & very helpful when needed. The food was great and I will definitely be returning. Recommending Recommending Recommending!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soRoxie52Dined on 9/20/2014Wine = delicious. Cocktail (Old-Fashioned) = one of the best I've had in Columbus. Service = outstanding (Frank was our server). But, my food was disappointing. I had a broccoli salad that was dry and tasted burnt. My scallop dinner was just all right; the sides didn't enhance the scallops at all. For the money, I expect something I will truly enjoy, and this wasn't it. My husband's pasta and braised short ribs was very good, though. Our previous dinner there was wonderful. Don't know if we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the viewDonnaDined on 9/19/2014Friendly greeting at the door. Got seated at the last table with a view-beautiful spot overlooking the reservoir. Server unfamiliar with the wine selection and how the food was prepared. The food was average at best. The chicken wing sauce tasted like an upscale ketchup. The polenta was overpowered by peppers and the pasta with short ribs was described as "in a leek pesto". The pesto was basil pesto and incongruous to the richness of the short rib. Server didn't return to check on meal, and was abrupt when we requested the check and to-go boxes.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedLunchDined on 9/15/2014An excellent lunch scene. Dinner is much more expensive and on the edge of pretentious. The service has always been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreSaraDined on 9/13/2014I asked for a nice table to celebrate a special occasion with my parents. After making my online reservations, I went to Bel Lago to see the restaurant and talk to someone in person about getting a table on the veranda. The person I spoke with took me to a great table she noted in the reservation system was held for my party. When we arrived, the manager said that they don’t take veranda reservations and didn't apologize when I explained the situation and told him how disappointed I was. We had calamari, which was tough and soggy. The swordfish was under-seasoned and overcooked. The person who got the lamb shank did say it was good as did the person who got scallops. Our server was nice but slow. Overall, I would not recommend Bel Lago.Special Features:
- The view, not much elseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The view. That's the reason to go. Food is ok, reasonably priced, nothing extraordinary. Service was a little off. The "maitre d" seemed completely distracted and was unable to address or perhaps see me. All conversation was addressed to my female date. Finally got a table about half hour after our reservation, that never feels right. The maitre d just seemed odd. Don't like that you can't transfer a bar tab to the table, always a little clumsy. The waiter seemed impressed with himself, I was less so, but he was adequate when I could get his attention. Too many other great restaurants emerging in the Columbus area to go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnjonesaxDined on 9/12/2014Service and food was excellent! Can't comment on water view as we didn't have a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousWinnerdinnerDined on 9/10/2014I had the steak and my gf had the lobster Mac and cheese. The Steak was perfect. It was so juicy and perfectly made. Very happy.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I was looking for a special place for my husband and I to share a romantic birthday dinner; Bel Lago was the perfect place. We had great service, delicious food and a wonderful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKGManDined on 9/8/2014Took my wife here for our anniversary. Service was very good and since it was Monday all wine was at retial prices which was great. View was also very nice and romantic. Only problem was the food. Very bland. I normally don't use salt and pepper but must have shaken half a bottle of each onto the food to try and give it some flavor. Could really be a great place if they hired a good chef. Commented to my wife that even if they served Olive Garden's food quality the place would be packed.Special Features:
- Food left a lot to be desiredFondFoodieDined on 9/7/2014We choose Bel Lago based on atmosphere and menu. However we were very disappointed. The NY Strip Steak was $39 and it was the most bland, chewy/sinuy cut of meat. Several in our party got it - all with the same result. It was cooked ordered medium rare but was medium/medium well. The " beef fat and rosemary aoli fries" that came with it had literally no flavor. Wendy's makes better fries. The asparagus was a measly 3 spears. I honestly have made better meals at home and if you want a steak Ruth Chris is same price and 1000% better. To forgo the high price but get a Much better flavor and cut of meat try Longhorn or Texas Roadhouse. The chef should be appalled at charging that much for such a unflavorful and lack luster meal.Special Features:
- It has changed...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014New management. Menu all over the place and inconsistent food. Way way way overpriced ($28 for a bowl of pasta)?! Two people two drinks each, split appetizer, split salad, two entrees came to $124?! With tip an almost $150 meal that was nowhere close to being worth that much!!!!Special Features:
- a must tryHeatherpDined on 9/4/2014Sitting outside on the covered veranda is best. Great views and very friendly and attentive service. Food is good.Special Features:
- Outstanding findPunkinDined on 8/30/2014The view is amazing and the food great, I would recommend to anyone, you feel like you are far away, the view is a gem in this city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014While the food and ambiance were marvelous - service was fine except we felt as though the wait staff was trying to rush us out the door.Special Features:
- Great place for food and viewSharonaDined on 8/30/2014Great food, great service and the view is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go back to your old menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014They changed their menu. Our meal was AWFUL!!! They did comp one of our meals. But it was so disappointing. Service was just ok. Good recovery from a bad meal. But other pieces were off. Cleared bread plates then brought more bread??Special Features:
- cjcfacDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Would definitely recommend to anyone who knows excellent food to go.I would recommend this to a friend.