170 N Sunbury Rd
Westerville, OH 43081Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellagorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (614) 891-0200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday...: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch.......: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday Dinner........: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Owen Maass
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Now Catering off premise - call for details
- Special Events: We specialize in corporate and social events. We are available for business lunches/dinners, seminars, holiday parties, birthdays, anniversaries and rehearsal dinners. Contact Katie Mansfield at 891-0200 for details. Develop a personal menu to please all your guests.
A word from Bel Lago
Bel Lago's mission is to bring Westerville and Greater Columbus the most fabulous waterfront dining experience in the area. The ambiance of the location on the pristine Hoover Reservoir is beautiful and relaxing -- the perfect backdrop for enjoying the creations of their exceptional kitchen team and a selection from the extensive wine list. Bel Lago's menu is designed with something for everyone -- from casual fare for enjoyment on the open terrace bar to high quality creative cuisine for a great dinner right here in your neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Bel Lago - Best Restaurants in Westerville ›
Bel Lago reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (120)special occasion (72)romantic (63)neighborhood gem (47)great for outdoor dining (43)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (29)great for lunch (25)great for brunch (24)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Menu description not always accurate.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I ordered "roasted baby root vegetables" but received zuccini, summer squash and mushrooms. I think I should have been told that the root vegetables were not available. The rest of our food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food not so good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The food is never in question -menu has great variety .salmon and Trout were excellent. After telling the waiter we were not drinking ,he disappeared for 10 minutes. This is not the first time that we have had slow service at Be Lago but since we are currently on the wagon it was annoying. Not very busy for a Saturday night which made it that more frustrating. If the food wasn't so good ,I would have given them a 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiance but poor foodChrisDined on 11/16/2014Bel Lago looks great inside and out. The service is very good but unfortunately the food doesn't live up to everything else. I ordered a new York strip that was very tough and overall just mediocre. For the price I expected more. My wife ordered scallops that were fishy and bland. Neither of us walked away satisfied with our orders. The salads and appetizers were very good but for what it costs the main course just didn't match up with the beautiful restaurant or great service.Special Features:
- Looks are DeceivingDisappointedDined on 11/13/2014The ambience feels and looks the same but the food is nothing like I remember. I have eaten at Bel Lago several times but have not been there in about six months. The menu had a few familiar items but has gone from very good to poor. Instead of leaving satisfied I left disappointed and do not anticipate going back.
- Food & ambiance mismatchedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2014The restaurant 'look' was perfect -however the food though was lack-luster. The salad named 'winter root vegetable salad' was merely all carrots. It was more of a side dish. The worst part was the lobster mac & cheese which others praised in reviews, looked exactly like Kraft noodles & tasted half as good. There were a few large pieces of lobster in it which was great but the truffle oil seemed to have been missing from the dish that was promised in the description as there was no truffle smell or taste. I thought this may be our new local place for special nights out, but the food for the price does not live up to the hype on the scenic view. I may try them for brunch to see if different take, but otherwise not the best dinner I have had.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014eight of us dined for Sunday buffet. the teenagers loved going back for more-especially the sweet bacon . good food.good service.loved the chocolate covered strawberries.Special Features:
- ImpressedTucoVIPDined on 11/8/2014This was our first experience at Bel Lago and we were quite impressed. Good cocktails, good food, very good and extensive wine list. Our server, George, was responsive and friendly, and the sommelier was knowledgable. The entree selections weren't huge in number but the prices were decent and there were enough choices to satisfy most people. The brought us a free decent in celebration of our anniversary.Special Features:
- Lovely place to dineEatn2goodMommaDined on 11/6/2014Picked this place because of it's nice view of the reservoir and word-of-mouth compliments about the food. Took my spouse there for a weeknight date and wasn't busy at all. Great service and great food with relaxing atmosphere. My husband and I didn't want to leave we enjoyed ourselves so much. Would recommend the lobster Mac and cheese and pumpkin cheese cake !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Re-DiscoverymrhappycrafterVIPDined on 11/3/2014Bel Lago was amazing! Most importantly, the staff was GREAT with our kids and made us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/2/2014On this visit we went for the Sunday brunch. There was nothing special about the food. Mostly eggs, bacon and sausage. There was only maple syrup for the limp waffles. The place is beautiful , the view is great and dinners are great but we don't recommend the brunch, especially at $25.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timegermanj2008Dined on 11/2/2014We go to Bel Lago for brunch about three times a year. While this experience was still enjoyable, it was not nearly as nice as it has been in the past. The first difference was that Bel Lago was much more busy than it had been before and we had to stand in line for the buffet. It was also difficult to navigate the buffet because of the crowd. The gentleman who was running the omelet/waffle/and carving station was very busy and had a hard time keeping up (no fault of his own - he needed at least one other person helping him). The back up at the omelet bar contributed to the crowded nature of the buffet. One final note is that the typically delicious lobster mac and cheese was not on the buffet this time. That was disappointing.
- Great for Sunday BrunchKathleenDined on 11/2/2014The food selections were excellent and well prepared. Unlike many brunch buffets, they don't leave food sitting out on stem tables for hours. Also unlike many places, they don't use brunch as a way to clean out the leftovers from the previous week. There is no mystery meat in strange sauce here. The wait staff are excellent with prompt refills on coffee and used plates quickly removed. What more could you ask for a brunch buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceConundrumDined on 10/29/2014Had special, out of town guests and could not have selected a better place with excellent food, service an atmosphere ...Special Features:
- Really nice, except for the foodupperdeck227Dined on 10/25/2014The ambiance, the view, and the service at this restaurant were excellent. The physical facility is elegant. The views are beautiful. The staff was friendly, helpful, attentive, and fun. The bar has a good selection of beer, wine and cocktails. The menu has a nice variety of dishes, and they sound really good, but on the night we were there most of it just wasn't well prepared. My date had mussels which were bad enough she didn't want to finish them. I had cod. The fish was well prepared, but the hollandaise sauce was way, way over-salted to the point of being inedible. The desserts didn't taste very good, either. Maybe it was an off night, but they do so much right, it's a shame the food wasn't better.Special Features:
- WonderfulTreviewDined on 10/24/2014Rear service and atmosphere. Server was personable and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same Bel Lago I'm use toMelanieDined on 10/24/2014I have always loved Bel Lago and gone there for special events but after this weekend I do not see us going back again. The menu has changed and the new items did not live up to the old menu items. The desserts were bad. We spent a lot of money and walked away unsatisfied.Special Features:
- From groups to twoOurGroupDined on 10/23/2014Bel Lago has always been a special place we take our out of town guest, many of whom are from Chicago, Philadelphia and New York and they have to admit that Bel Lago stands high on the list of some of the finest restraints in those cities. The reasons are many but the three top reasons are the service, the food and the atmosphere. The service from the time a reservation in made to when you leave is superb and the food selection is great. We not only take our guests there but it is also the place we celebrated our wedding anniversary each year. For just the two of us it a nice place to spend the evening on our special day. The food the people and the lake view. Need there be more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff Needs Better TrainingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Our dinner visit to Bel Lago last week to celebrate our 53rd wedding anniversary was very pleasant, except that our waiter was fairly new and should have been trained better. My wife and I were seated at a table for four, and we had to ask the waiter to remove the extra place settings. The meal service was good, but when the waiter brought our dessert, "The Fall" (which might better have been called "The Autumn"), he neglected to bring spoons to eat the chocolate brulee, which was served with forks instead and made the dessert harder to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014My wife treated me to a birthday dinner. My wife had been there for brunch, my son and wife two or three times so you were highly recommended, but it was my first time and I was thrilled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!AudreyDined on 10/19/2014Great food, a gorgeous view, and spectacular service. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CurlyGirlDined on 10/19/2014We brought out-of-town guests who were very impressed by the brunch service. Food was delicious and we didn't feel rushed out at all. My favorite brunch spot in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAndyDined on 10/16/2014They took wonderful care of my girlfriend and I. Food was fantastic, the view was marvelous (we didn't have any problems getting a seat on the veranda), and they provided complimentary dessert for our six-month anniversary. We were really impressed!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014They were very accommodating because we are vegetarian and willing to work with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value is QuestionableEnjoyfoodDined on 10/12/2014We experienced the Sunday Brunch for 24.95 per person. While the food was good, it was not exceptional. I have been to better brunches that boasted more variety of food dishes with better taste and flavors. I don't think the Brunch food offerings is worth the money per person. Our server was somewhat attentive. The hostess was rude. I made reservations two weeks in advance and expected a decent seating. I do not think we will return for Brunch. There are so many fine restaurants in Columbus that serve amazing food and this food was not amazing.Special Features:
- Delicious food, great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Bel Lago is the first place that comes to mind for a special family dinner. Breathtaking view of the lake while enjoying excellent, innovative food from the calamari with thinly sliced lemon fried alongside to plenty of menu choices to please all tastes. Kid's menu and treatment of children by the staff as welcome members of the table is appreciated!Special Features:
- cobolosDined on 10/11/2014Was a great experience. Excellent service. Great food and scenery. A must go place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014It's over priced and slow service. One person in the group received the wrong meal. Atmosphere is nice.
- Beautiful Place for a Romantic DateHappyDinerDined on 10/9/2014Hands down, the best food I've ever had. I had the Fire Grilled Trout and my wife had the lobster mac and Cheese. Both were amazing. The waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and Bel Lago went the extra mile to make it special with a complementary piece of chocolate cake with ice cream. It is expensive, but definitely worth it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Was much to quiet for my liking. It felt like I needed to whisper. Waitress was outstanding and very attentive but very quiet as well, almost to the point of not being able to understand her.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerLakewoodFoodieDined on 10/5/2014Quiet, romantic dinner. First-time eating here. Enjoyed it very much. Beautiful view of the reservoir. Excellent service and food.Special Features:
- Great first date spotBLT709Dined on 10/4/2014Great view of the reservoir, great food, great service. She loved it!Special Features:
- Management let us downOldNormDined on 10/3/2014Server was excellent but the maitre d' let us down. It was our anniversary and when I booked I requested a window table. When we arrived I was told that there were no window tables available and there was another couple before. I asked why a window table could not have been reserved for us. He stated that there were many people who wanted to sit there. The restaurant was only about half full by the way. He then offered us a booth. It turned out to be next to the servers' entrance. We settled on a table near the fireplace. I'm sure that many of the people occupying the window seats had not made reservations. The restaurant was a favorite of my wife's but we will not be returning there.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday celebration!PamelaVIPDined on 9/30/2014We enjoyed a wonderful birthday celebration @ Bel Lago! Comfy table by the window w/ a beautiful view. Excellent service from waiter, good wine list and extra special attention to our table. A yummy chocolate dessert w/ candle to finish the meal, compliments of Bel Lago. Service, food, wine, atmosphere top notch!Special Features:
- Best Bday Dinner Yet!WinedAndDinedDined on 9/29/2014Honestly, I'm a hard critic. This place is phenomenal. We went here for my hub's Bday. From the food to the service to the wine it was out of this world! I had the fall tortellini. Superb. We ordered calamari to start but the server forgot to enter it in (no big deal, we had too much food coming anyways) he eventually brought it out and apologized, taking it off our bill. Not only did he do that, he gave my husbands birthday desert free AND the manager gave us a $15 gift card!!! Are you serious?! All for one missed calamari? This place goes above and beyond! Thank you Bel Lago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A relaxing Sunday brunch spot.DaisysmomDined on 9/28/2014Sunday brunch is a buffet that includes the usual breakfast fare, plus smoked salmon, made to order omelets and waffles, prime rib carving station, salads, fruits and nice desserts. It is very relaxed, the service is excellent, and no one rushes you to turn over the table. If the weather is nice, ask for a table on he veranda overlooking the Hoover Reservoir. A great spot for a relaxing start to Sunday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/27/2014The food was average at best. We ordered the salmon which was the highlight of the meal and was very good, though very very small piece. The lobster Mac and cheese was pretty bad. It looked and tasted like boxed Mac & cheese with lobster tossed in. There were only 4 kids meal selections and the portions were very small for the money. The restaurant itself was beautiful. Our waiter forgot about us several times. It was an all around disappointment.Special Features:
- LovelyAnnieVIPDined on 9/27/2014I always enjoy Bel Lago for the view the food and the atmosphere. The fact that it is the neighborhood is a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHappyGFDined on 9/25/2014My night was amazing, it was my first time at this restaurant. It was my boyfriends birthday and he loved it! The view was perfect on the veranda and the food was delicious. The waitress brought him out a cake with a candle it was very special. Would definitely recommend Bel Lago for someone who wants a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING !WestervilleFrequentVIPDined on 9/24/2014Our wait staff was excellent !Food, view & company wonderful !Special Features:
- The CandidateJosephDined on 9/23/2014We have taken several people here for dinner as they are looking at Columbus to move here for employment purposes. They are so impressed with the view of the water and enjoyed the divine cocktails before dinner followed by the outstanding wine selection by the sommelier. The food was excellent. Fresh rainbow trout was raved about by our guests as well as the perfectly seared scallops. Finished off with a decant chocolate dessert it was a great impression of what Columbus has to offer .Special Features: