170 N Sunbury Rd
Westerville, OH 43081Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellagorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 614-891-0200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00a.m. - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday...: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch.......: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday Dinner........: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Owen Maass
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Now Catering off premise - call for details
- Special Events: We specialize in corporate and social events. We are available for business lunches/dinners, seminars, holiday parties, birthdays, anniversaries and rehearsal dinners. Contact Katie Mansfield at 891-0200 for details. Develop a personal menu to please all your guests.
A word from Bel Lago
Bel Lago's mission is to bring Westerville and Greater Columbus the most fabulous waterfront dining experience in the area. The ambiance of the location on the pristine Hoover Reservoir is beautiful and relaxing -- the perfect backdrop for enjoying the creations of their exceptional kitchen team and a selection from the extensive wine list. Bel Lago's menu is designed with something for everyone -- from casual fare for enjoyment on the open terrace bar to high quality creative cuisine for a great dinner right here in your neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bel Lago reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (190)special occasion (120)great for outdoor dining (111)romantic (90)neighborhood gem (56)notable wine list (50)fit for foodies (47)great for brunch (43)great for lunch (42)good for groups (34)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Outstanding findPunkinDined on 8/30/2014The view is amazing and the food great, I would recommend to anyone, you feel like you are far away, the view is a gem in this city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014While the food and ambiance were marvelous - service was fine except we felt as though the wait staff was trying to rush us out the door.Special Features:
- Great place for food and viewSharonaDined on 8/30/2014Great food, great service and the view is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go back to your old menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014They changed their menu. Our meal was AWFUL!!! They did comp one of our meals. But it was so disappointing. Service was just ok. Good recovery from a bad meal. But other pieces were off. Cleared bread plates then brought more bread??Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Would definitely recommend to anyone who knows excellent food to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakout2VIPDined on 8/29/2014Bel Lago situated on Hoover Dam has built in scenic view. The surprise is that the food is unusually delicious. Second visit was a magnetic to bringing me back again. Chef is good. Food flavors marry spectaculary which is an art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bel lagoWorlddiners2Dined on 8/24/2014Great place for a restaurant in Ohio. Food was fair. Wine list was fair. The was fish was fresh, but needed some added sauce or something for taste, same as with salad dressings. Brussel sprouts, brocolli gratin was bad. This location has the potential to be a great restaurant, but the food needs to go up a few notches and also the wines by the glass. Not in a hurry to go back.Special Features:
- Excellant ChoiceClaytonDined on 8/22/2014We dined at Bel Lage for a birthday celebration, from the time we arrived we were greeted by the courteous and helpful staff. We were seated on the Veranda where we had a great view of the water. The wait staff was very courteous and helpful as we looked over the menu, explaining each entrée. The food and presentation was exceptional. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceseasoneddinerDined on 8/22/2014Only comment is that Joe, the waiter took a litle more time than we thought necessary. After leaving the desert menu, we were going to order a desert but he didnt return in a reasonable time so we decided not to. Otherwise it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2014The food was not as special as it was under the previous chef. The pasta is not special and although the chicken thighs sounded good they were only OK. Nothing at all wrong but just not as good as it used to be.
- Bel Lago GreatOGKillaDDined on 8/20/2014Went for my wife's birthday and we were able to get a table viewing the water. The requests I made for my reservations were complete. We had a wonderful experience and the food was amazing! I would highly recommend all my friends and family members to dine here.Special Features:
- View of waterDDDDDined on 8/19/2014Nice setting great place to go for a romantic diner.Special Features:
- lovely eveningletseatoutDined on 8/19/2014The menu was imaginative, the food very good and the ambience/view outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server must have been newOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014He was slow at responding and it seemed to take a while for each course to be delivered. We had a reservation but they weren't ready for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning spotCycle2Dined on 8/16/2014I took a friend out for a retirement celebration dinner, it was perfect. I will definitely go again. I'm not a big seafood fan, but there was plenty on the menu to choose from. For me it is a bit pricey, but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch with friendsmmkgigiDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our time at Bel Lago. We sat by the window overlooking the water. It was a beautiful day. It's a beautiful spot. The menu is a bit limited, but everyone enjoyed what they ordered. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014food portions small nothing special as far as taste. Salad not included in the entreeSpecial Features:
- SkyRiderDined on 8/14/2014Menu was too limited. More protein options would be appreciated. Ordered the lobster Mac & Cheese. The dish needed a bit more sauce, was tasty but too dry.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphereAnnieVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great place to meet friends and enjoy the food and the view.Special Features:
- Would not recommendJudeDined on 8/12/2014I dine out frequently primarily at upscale restaurants. Although I felt your food was fair, I would not recommend your establishment to others. There are too many other places in Columbus that offer a more varied selection....yours was very limited and I felt the prices were way too high for the quality of the food and the limited menu. Service was not good and margaritas at $11.00 was too highSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Surprised with the menu....Have eaten there a number of times and this was the least creative menu I've experienced. Where my food was good our options were few. The bread used to be a highlight....not any more. The view is great...best in the area!Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsElceDined on 8/9/2014Six of us dined last Saturday. We all enjoyed the experience. A concern that arose was the new menu seems to have evolved into too fancy of entrees. Gone were the flatbreads and other simpler fare. While we enjoyed our entrees, it does lessen the return decision. Even a filet was fancied instead of simple. Polenta entree lacked much other than the polenta. Other vegetables were sparse.Special Features:
- On the porch at Bel LagoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We had an excellent lunch at a reasonable price-point with unbeatable ambiance ( open air overlooking Hoover reservoir).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MissOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/8/2014My experiences at Bel Lago tend to be great or really not so much.... I'm afraid this one was a miss. I was literally craving their Beef Carpaccio and found it to have changed sometime between our last visit and this one, the mussels were lacking much in the way of substance but the Lobster Mac & Cheese was pretty good - even better than I remembered. This restaurant is in such a great location but the quality of the food and service are unreliable - I have a feeling I won't be itching to go back too soon.Special Features:
- GoBucksDined on 8/6/2014Been a while since we ate at this restaurant. Decided to try at last minute. Food was good service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brettVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was good, but we were expecting more variety since there is a new chef. My wife is vegan and there was really no vegan option other than salad and vegetables. You might want to consider a vegan option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resort view and decorTunaDined on 8/1/2014We have visited Bel Lago a number of times over the past 3 years and each time met with our expectations. The atmosphere is exceptional and the location and views of the lake are very special especially for a restaurant located in central Ohio. The food is attractively presented and very good. Wine list is extensive and there are a number of reasonably priced wines served by the glass. All in all my favorite dining location in the Columbus area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Enjoyable EveningredE2dineDined on 7/31/2014Pleasant atmosphere, good food. Took a friend for her birthday, and she totally enjoyed the meal. Had seating on the veranda where the view is particularly nice. Menu is not extensive, but the choices are interesting. Good wine selection. I would recommend it to a friend.Special Features:
- Good and priceyajaxVIPDined on 7/30/2014We tried their new menu. Baby artichoke appetizer was tasteless and nothing like description. 8 oz filet was good but not 8 oz and definitely not worth $39. Striped bass was very good as was pasta in a butter sauce. Hamachi sashimi also very good. Caesar salad would have been better if not floating in dressing. Overall, good meal but very pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DLeeDined on 7/30/2014Had dinner here for an anniversary celebration. Very beautiful scenery. Excellent Service. The food was excellent. Nice and quiet. The staff was very friendly and professional. A little pricey, but a great place to dine for special occasions.Special Features:
- fabulousrawiDined on 7/27/2014The food and the view was great ...it was our wedding anniversary and they bring us a small cake for a free..The staff are cool.Special Features:
- MarciaDined on 7/27/2014Great food & atmosphere even though it rained! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacePaulVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had a very nice time. We have been there numerous times but this was one of the best. Food was terrific, service was very good.Special Features:
- Great Food with a ViewPepsterDined on 7/26/2014My party of 4 had to wait about 30 minutes for a water-view table to become available, but we did not mind the wait because we had a drink at the bar and shared an order of fabulous calamari (including artichoke hearts). Although one guest was disappointed that the sea bass was sold out, she loved the walleye special as did one other guest. The pasta and short ribs were enjoyable and the wild caught salmon was perfectly done. Our waiter, Connor, could not have been nicer or more attentive to our needs. We had a great time, enjoyed great food, and agreed that waiting for a water view table was worth the wait. It was like a mini-vacation here at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful view and ambianceTnsjnkyDined on 7/26/2014Outstanding carpaccio and salad; entree okay...service, okay. Wonderful location overlooking the water.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014The food was fantastic!!! The view and atmosphere was amazing - we were seated on the veranda. Loved it in every way!! Thank you.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I really love Bel Lago for special occasions. Getting a table by the window is so wonderful, and that's the true reason that I visit. The view is so beautiful, and the food is top notch.Special Features:
- wonderfulHappydinerDined on 7/25/2014This was a great place for outdoor dining for a special occasion. The service, food, and ambiance were all that I was expecting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lakeside ExperienceMIC55Dined on 7/24/2014Went there for our 38th Wedding Anniversary and have a great time. The menu is limited but the food is very good. We sat outside and the view was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Space on the WaterCalifWineOhDined on 7/23/2014My husband + I have dined at this restaurant regularly this summer. Most times, everything has been great. This time around, something was missing. The restaurant appears to have an "interim" menu; Gone was the awesome hummus. My salmon was awesome; Came out way undercooked but they made it right immediately. My husband's poached halibut however, was a major disappointment. It was like "spa food" - very bland. There was some kind of "duck" sauce on it - but not very flavorful; the dish was really boring. Hopefully, this experience is not a new Normal. We will go back and give it another go as we love the space and most of the time, we like the food too.Special Features: