170 N Sunbury Rd
Westerville, OH 43081Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellagorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 614-891-0200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00a.m. - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday...: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch.......: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday Dinner........: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Owen Maass
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Now Catering off premise - call for details
- Special Events: We specialize in corporate and social events. We are available for business lunches/dinners, seminars, holiday parties, birthdays, anniversaries and rehearsal dinners. Contact Katie Mansfield at 891-0200 for details. Develop a personal menu to please all your guests.
A word from Bel Lago
Bel Lago's mission is to bring Westerville and Greater Columbus the most fabulous waterfront dining experience in the area. The ambiance of the location on the pristine Hoover Reservoir is beautiful and relaxing -- the perfect backdrop for enjoying the creations of their exceptional kitchen team and a selection from the extensive wine list. Bel Lago's menu is designed with something for everyone -- from casual fare for enjoyment on the open terrace bar to high quality creative cuisine for a great dinner right here in your neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bel Lago reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (175)special occasion (105)great for outdoor dining (97)romantic (80)neighborhood gem (52)notable wine list (45)fit for foodies (39)great for lunch (37)great for brunch (34)good for groups (29)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014An excellent lunch scene. Dinner is much more expensive and on the edge of pretentious. The service has always been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreSaraDined on 9/13/2014I asked for a nice table to celebrate a special occasion with my parents. After making my online reservations, I went to Bel Lago to see the restaurant and talk to someone in person about getting a table on the veranda. The person I spoke with took me to a great table she noted in the reservation system was held for my party. When we arrived, the manager said that they don’t take veranda reservations and didn't apologize when I explained the situation and told him how disappointed I was. We had calamari, which was tough and soggy. The swordfish was under-seasoned and overcooked. The person who got the lamb shank did say it was good as did the person who got scallops. Our server was nice but slow. Overall, I would not recommend Bel Lago.Special Features:
- The view, not much elseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The view. That's the reason to go. Food is ok, reasonably priced, nothing extraordinary. Service was a little off. The "maitre d" seemed completely distracted and was unable to address or perhaps see me. All conversation was addressed to my female date. Finally got a table about half hour after our reservation, that never feels right. The maitre d just seemed odd. Don't like that you can't transfer a bar tab to the table, always a little clumsy. The waiter seemed impressed with himself, I was less so, but he was adequate when I could get his attention. Too many other great restaurants emerging in the Columbus area to go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnjonesaxDined on 9/12/2014Service and food was excellent! Can't comment on water view as we didn't have a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousWinnerdinnerDined on 9/10/2014I had the steak and my gf had the lobster Mac and cheese. The Steak was perfect. It was so juicy and perfectly made. Very happy.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I was looking for a special place for my husband and I to share a romantic birthday dinner; Bel Lago was the perfect place. We had great service, delicious food and a wonderful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKGManDined on 9/8/2014Took my wife here for our anniversary. Service was very good and since it was Monday all wine was at retial prices which was great. View was also very nice and romantic. Only problem was the food. Very bland. I normally don't use salt and pepper but must have shaken half a bottle of each onto the food to try and give it some flavor. Could really be a great place if they hired a good chef. Commented to my wife that even if they served Olive Garden's food quality the place would be packed.Special Features:
- Food left a lot to be desiredFondFoodieDined on 9/7/2014We choose Bel Lago based on atmosphere and menu. However we were very disappointed. The NY Strip Steak was $39 and it was the most bland, chewy/sinuy cut of meat. Several in our party got it - all with the same result. It was cooked ordered medium rare but was medium/medium well. The " beef fat and rosemary aoli fries" that came with it had literally no flavor. Wendy's makes better fries. The asparagus was a measly 3 spears. I honestly have made better meals at home and if you want a steak Ruth Chris is same price and 1000% better. To forgo the high price but get a Much better flavor and cut of meat try Longhorn or Texas Roadhouse. The chef should be appalled at charging that much for such a unflavorful and lack luster meal.Special Features:
- It has changed...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014New management. Menu all over the place and inconsistent food. Way way way overpriced ($28 for a bowl of pasta)?! Two people two drinks each, split appetizer, split salad, two entrees came to $124?! With tip an almost $150 meal that was nowhere close to being worth that much!!!!Special Features:
- a must tryHeatherpDined on 9/4/2014Sitting outside on the covered veranda is best. Great views and very friendly and attentive service. Food is good.Special Features:
- Outstanding findPunkinDined on 8/30/2014The view is amazing and the food great, I would recommend to anyone, you feel like you are far away, the view is a gem in this city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014While the food and ambiance were marvelous - service was fine except we felt as though the wait staff was trying to rush us out the door.Special Features:
- Great place for food and viewSharonaDined on 8/30/2014Great food, great service and the view is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go back to your old menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014They changed their menu. Our meal was AWFUL!!! They did comp one of our meals. But it was so disappointing. Service was just ok. Good recovery from a bad meal. But other pieces were off. Cleared bread plates then brought more bread??Special Features:
- cjcfacDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Would definitely recommend to anyone who knows excellent food to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakout2VIPDined on 8/29/2014Bel Lago situated on Hoover Dam has built in scenic view. The surprise is that the food is unusually delicious. Second visit was a magnetic to bringing me back again. Chef is good. Food flavors marry spectaculary which is an art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Very "fancy" & casual!nursetypeDined on 8/26/2014This was my husband and I's first time there. It was our 20th wedding anniversary. We wanted to go somewhere nice to commemorate the event quietly, very nice and in a casual atmosphere. Well, we sure found it! Yes, the service and food was beyond excellent! Prices were above average to high, but we got what we paid for, an all around excellent meal, great view on the veranda, treated with courtesy and respect always, service was superb, and my husband and I decided we will come back for another special event soon. This was a luxury and a treat for us. We got 2 glasses of wine, appetizer, salad, entree and desert. ALL were above our expectations. We are very happy with Bel Lago :-)Special Features:
- Bel lagoWorlddiners2Dined on 8/24/2014Great place for a restaurant in Ohio. Food was fair. Wine list was fair. The was fish was fresh, but needed some added sauce or something for taste, same as with salad dressings. Brussel sprouts, brocolli gratin was bad. This location has the potential to be a great restaurant, but the food needs to go up a few notches and also the wines by the glass. Not in a hurry to go back.Special Features:
- Excellant ChoiceClaytonDined on 8/22/2014We dined at Bel Lage for a birthday celebration, from the time we arrived we were greeted by the courteous and helpful staff. We were seated on the Veranda where we had a great view of the water. The wait staff was very courteous and helpful as we looked over the menu, explaining each entrée. The food and presentation was exceptional. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceseasoneddinerDined on 8/22/2014Only comment is that Joe, the waiter took a litle more time than we thought necessary. After leaving the desert menu, we were going to order a desert but he didnt return in a reasonable time so we decided not to. Otherwise it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2014The food was not as special as it was under the previous chef. The pasta is not special and although the chicken thighs sounded good they were only OK. Nothing at all wrong but just not as good as it used to be.
- Bel Lago GreatOGKillaDDined on 8/20/2014Went for my wife's birthday and we were able to get a table viewing the water. The requests I made for my reservations were complete. We had a wonderful experience and the food was amazing! I would highly recommend all my friends and family members to dine here.Special Features:
- View of waterDDDDDined on 8/19/2014Nice setting great place to go for a romantic diner.Special Features:
- lovely eveningletseatoutDined on 8/19/2014The menu was imaginative, the food very good and the ambience/view outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server must have been newOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014He was slow at responding and it seemed to take a while for each course to be delivered. We had a reservation but they weren't ready for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning spotCycle2Dined on 8/16/2014I took a friend out for a retirement celebration dinner, it was perfect. I will definitely go again. I'm not a big seafood fan, but there was plenty on the menu to choose from. For me it is a bit pricey, but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch with friendsmmkgigiDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our time at Bel Lago. We sat by the window overlooking the water. It was a beautiful day. It's a beautiful spot. The menu is a bit limited, but everyone enjoyed what they ordered. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014food portions small nothing special as far as taste. Salad not included in the entreeSpecial Features:
- SkyRiderDined on 8/14/2014Menu was too limited. More protein options would be appreciated. Ordered the lobster Mac & Cheese. The dish needed a bit more sauce, was tasty but too dry.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphereAnnieVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great place to meet friends and enjoy the food and the view.Special Features:
- Would not recommendJudeDined on 8/12/2014I dine out frequently primarily at upscale restaurants. Although I felt your food was fair, I would not recommend your establishment to others. There are too many other places in Columbus that offer a more varied selection....yours was very limited and I felt the prices were way too high for the quality of the food and the limited menu. Service was not good and margaritas at $11.00 was too highSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Surprised with the menu....Have eaten there a number of times and this was the least creative menu I've experienced. Where my food was good our options were few. The bread used to be a highlight....not any more. The view is great...best in the area!Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsElceDined on 8/9/2014Six of us dined last Saturday. We all enjoyed the experience. A concern that arose was the new menu seems to have evolved into too fancy of entrees. Gone were the flatbreads and other simpler fare. While we enjoyed our entrees, it does lessen the return decision. Even a filet was fancied instead of simple. Polenta entree lacked much other than the polenta. Other vegetables were sparse.Special Features:
- On the porch at Bel LagoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We had an excellent lunch at a reasonable price-point with unbeatable ambiance ( open air overlooking Hoover reservoir).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or MissOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/8/2014My experiences at Bel Lago tend to be great or really not so much.... I'm afraid this one was a miss. I was literally craving their Beef Carpaccio and found it to have changed sometime between our last visit and this one, the mussels were lacking much in the way of substance but the Lobster Mac & Cheese was pretty good - even better than I remembered. This restaurant is in such a great location but the quality of the food and service are unreliable - I have a feeling I won't be itching to go back too soon.Special Features:
- GoBucksDined on 8/6/2014Been a while since we ate at this restaurant. Decided to try at last minute. Food was good service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brettVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was good, but we were expecting more variety since there is a new chef. My wife is vegan and there was really no vegan option other than salad and vegetables. You might want to consider a vegan option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resort view and decorTunaDined on 8/1/2014We have visited Bel Lago a number of times over the past 3 years and each time met with our expectations. The atmosphere is exceptional and the location and views of the lake are very special especially for a restaurant located in central Ohio. The food is attractively presented and very good. Wine list is extensive and there are a number of reasonably priced wines served by the glass. All in all my favorite dining location in the Columbus area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Enjoyable EveningredE2dineDined on 7/31/2014Pleasant atmosphere, good food. Took a friend for her birthday, and she totally enjoyed the meal. Had seating on the veranda where the view is particularly nice. Menu is not extensive, but the choices are interesting. Good wine selection. I would recommend it to a friend.Special Features:
- Good and priceyajaxVIPDined on 7/30/2014We tried their new menu. Baby artichoke appetizer was tasteless and nothing like description. 8 oz filet was good but not 8 oz and definitely not worth $39. Striped bass was very good as was pasta in a butter sauce. Hamachi sashimi also very good. Caesar salad would have been better if not floating in dressing. Overall, good meal but very pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.