Bel Ari Italian Modern
107 South Street
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bel Ari Italian Modern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.belariboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 259-1560
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Thursday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Robert Fathman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Bel Ari Italian Modern
Bel Ari attracts those who like their Italian food authentic and imaginative, their drinks meticulously crafted, and their service personable. The experience at Bel Ari is rooted in hundreds of years of Italian tradition; a belief that when you are a guest in our home you are family! Our culinary inspiration comes “from all over the boot” with both classical offerings and contemporary interpretations, but always focused on authenticity and emphasizing flavor, not pretense.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bel Ari Italian Modern reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)special occasion (6)great for lunch (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good food done rightFoodLovingBostonianVIPDined on 11/5/2014The starters were delicious -- marinated olives, salumi (we chose 3 - coppa, speck, and my personal favorite, boar salami) but the best was the whipped ricotta with honey and pistachios. I could have spent the evening eating the whipped ricotta which was served with cranberry bread crisps all evening with a nice wine. Veal Osso Bucco was on special and it did not disappoint. The meat was tender and flavorful and the lemon risotto the veal sat on was cooked perfect. My friend ordered the house made spaghetti, clams and bottarga which I tried. You can never go wrong with homemade pastas but this was special. It was not overly fishy. The bottarga gave the dish a subtle fish taste. All was brought to us by a fantastic wait staff.Special Features:
- great service good food but 1 peeveaveragedudeDined on 10/29/2014Service was attentive, the food was good but not extra ordinary, 1 peeve is please ensure my pint of beer is not 3/4 of a pint. On high end beers 1/2 inch head is good 1 1/2 inch not goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- One word.. Phenomenal!MRosaVIPDined on 10/25/2014I can't remember how I heard about this newly opened restaurant but I'm glad I did. It was date night for the mister and I, so reservations were made but instead of sitting at a table, we decided to sit at the bar and have dinner there. Karen, the bartender is fantastic at what she does and very personable, she made us feel right at home from the second we sat down. I won't go into details about the food, you'll just have to make all your ways down and discover what we did for yourselves but trust, you will not be disappointed. Cocktails, food and ambiance were all a 10. We will for sure be back. Thank you Bel Ari for a great start to our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold & loudOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014lost some of its ambiance in the change to Bel Ari - changes in decor have made it feel cold, and has altered sound levels - lunch was very loud, we couldn't hear people at our own table...and the restaurant was only 1/2 full. Too bad, in the past it was a great place for lunch!
- Very nice group dinnerRaymondDined on 10/21/2014We loved the whole experience. Great food, nice people. We ordered the whole pig (in advance) and it was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Menu for DiningcagerVIPDined on 10/13/2014Menu very limited in terms of choices. Food was ok but not that specialI would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian bustselectivesusanVIPDined on 10/9/2014An Italian restaurant should have more Italian choices on the menu and prices were relatively high, while portions were small.
- Amazing Italian restaurantcalishVIPDined on 10/4/2014On a quick visit to the beautiful Boston a friend of mine invited me to this Italian restaurant. it was such an great place, staff were very nice, rest is beautiful, Food was amazing, drinks are so good and the overall atmosphere was terrific. I felt i was in one of NYC high end rest/lounge I absolutely loved this place on my next visit to Boston for sure I will stop again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!francislili84Dined on 10/1/2014My partner and I went to Bel Ari Italian Modern for dinner last week and we had an amazing time! As far as I know the place has been redone and it's also under new ownership, the atmosphere is great! The menu is small but really really good, I had the lobster/shrimp gnocchi for dinner and that was simply out of this world! Service was really good as well, our server was very attentive and polite, they have a great wine list as well as craft cocktails. I'm definitely coming back and bringing some friends along! Good Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 4 reviews are from the Bel Ari Italian Modern reviews archive.