Bel Air Bar + Grill
662 N Sepulveda Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bel Air Bar + Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.belairbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: (310) 440-5544
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner Every Night: 5:30pm
Brunch Saturday - Sunday 9:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bel Air Bar + Grill
Easily accessible from the Valley or the Westside, come have a cocktail in our lounge or sit by the fireplace in the dining room. We're the perfect place for a casual dinner or a special occasion. We also have a beautiful private room for your special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bel Air Bar + Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (7)special occasion (7)romantic (7)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Getting PriceyGSM1980VIPDined on 11/10/2014Bel Air Bar + Grill has been one of my family's favorite local restaurants. We have used it for nice family occasions, holiday meals, and spur of the moment dining. However, the prices seem to be climbing and what use to be included in entrees is now extra. This time, adding 4 shrimp to my wife's salad drove the price from $18 to $34. $16 more for 4 shrimp is not a good value, and $34 salads make me feel like I have been suckered. This loyal customer in no longer a fan. We will be going here less often in the future
- GEMAMFYOYO22Dined on 11/1/2014THIS RESTAURANT IS EXCELLENT IN SO MANY WAYS. ITS LOCATION, ITS AMBIENCE AND ATTENTION TO SERVICE. AMANDA DOWL, THE MANAGER IS JUST GRAND. HER ATTENTION TO CUSTOMER AND THEIR BEING TAKEN CARE OF IS QUITE REMARKABLE. EVERY SERVER IS THERE TO SERVE. AN UNUSAL IN THIS DAY AND AGE. MARITN AND MICHELA GELBERSpecial Features:
- Too bad!cathychouVIPDined on 10/25/2014The location is great for meeting with friends coming from different directions. The restaurant is very attractive. The meal bordered on inedible. In fact, I barely could eat a little bit of my appetizer, tuna tartare. It came from long frozen tuna which was NOT sushi grade and came with really oily and limp wonton crips. I ordered roasted butternut squash which had been steamed and had no flavor at all. My husband's chicken was equally disappointing. Dry, not seasoned. His mashed potatoes might have been powdered?! Terrible kitchen. What a shame.
- Bel Air Bar & GrillJoyryderDined on 10/23/2014A little pricey for lunch but the best Lobster Cobb I ever tasted & the Salmon my friend had was perfection.Special Features:
- Great sandwich, valet challengeEricRDined on 10/17/2014Sandwich was delicious with grilled chicken, fontina cheese on ciabatta bread. I will definitely order it again. It was big enough to eat half and the fruit side and take half home. Challenge with the valet, he was hard to find coming in and going out. Manager stepped in and held my keys as I came in, two thumbs up for him. Perhaps they need two valet people during busy times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to central locationEricRDined on 10/14/2014Love the location, decor quite nice as well. My Bel Air salad was overdressed but tasty none the less.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/3/2014Beet and kale salad small for meal size with little taste.
- RogerDined on 10/2/2014The food, especially the chopped salad, was outstanding, and the service was greatSpecial Features:
- All Around very niceRichardVIPDined on 9/17/2014This is a neighborhood gem. Food and service are consistently good.Special Features:
- Local spot recommended by a LocalOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014We came from the east coast. Not a place you would run into Hollywood celebrities but perhaps their families. The service, food, noise level were all terrific. Would I run back, probably not, but only because there are soooo many other places to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisePhilDined on 8/25/2014Dined on a Monday. Food direct from kitchen was served promptly and hot. Portions were generous. Server was excellent. Very attentive and refreshingly not at all pretentious. Now that construction mostly over would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- befreeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great food overshadowed by poor acoustics! Waaaay too noisy for group of 5 to be able to converse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Next to the Gas StationSteveVIPDined on 8/2/2014The Bel Air Bar & Grill is a warm, friendly place. The choice of foods is wide and the food very good. The wine list was extensive and not overly priced. The service was good and it was quiet enough to have good conversation with our friends.Special Features:
- OMG - What a Find!!!FabulousVIPDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant by far is one of the most accommodating, delicious and enjoyable restaurants in Los Angeles. From the moment you walk in, to when you savor your last morsel.....the food, service and ambiance is quite delicious. A must try!!!!Special Features:
- The following 144 reviews are from the Bel Air Bar + Grill reviews archive.
- Great locationBaxterVIPDined on 7/25/2014Perfect spot for meeting between the Valley and LA. Nice restaurant. Excellent service, friendly atmosphere. Good for business meetings. Menu is great - lots of reasonably priced choices.Special Features:
- BEL AIR RESTAURANTattiVIPDined on 7/16/2014After many years finally a very good restaurant in Bel Air again.Special Features:
- Hoping for a Bel Air GemFoodwineVIPDined on 7/11/2014We were hoping to find a new local dining spot but unfortunately the food is not high quality. The steak was a low grade thin cut over salted and buttered to mask the lack of flavor. Canned olives etc. Basically catering to older locals who may not know the difference. Sorryto be blunt. The service was good. The bar looked festive and well attended. Noise and decor were fine but the food did make us feel like we may have been better off at cocos.
- sloaneVIPDined on 7/7/2014we had a nice evening food was nice. would go back if somebody wanted to but I would not pick it.
- A Special Bar and GrillSteveVIPDined on 7/5/2014From start to finish, everything was perfect -- the service, the food, the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet for lunchLAFoodieDined on 6/5/2014I dine here once a month with a friend and it is a good place to meet where the food and service are both very good.Special Features:
- RFarberVIPDined on 6/5/2014Loved the new decor. Hadn't been since the remodel. Sweet corn soup was excellent. Salad was average. Service was great
- Just good food/servicelabelmanceVIPDined on 5/30/2014Adult place with adult food served well in a pleasant peaceful atmosphere. We'll be back.
- Pleasant place for meetings, talk.askljDined on 5/23/2014Convenient neighborhood, reasonable food. Lovely table - easy and private to talk. Could have provided some bread given upscale nature and prices for simple salads, which were not memorable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/22/2014Extremely over priced, especially for the location and ambiance.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Bel Air Bar + Grill is a great spot for a business lunch, especially if you are on the west side and are meeting clients from the valley. It is also a very nice spot to stop for a drink after work. The food is excellent and the staff is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Noisy and uncomfortableSherylVIPDined on 5/15/2014Sadly, since they remodeled the experience here is too noisy. Often it's impossible to visit with friends. Why do restauranteurs think that their patrons DON'T want to talk with friends??? The food and service are wonderful but we won't be back because one can only have a "pigs at the trough" experience.
- Never disappointsISI0410VIPDined on 5/11/2014Great local spot, food is always on spot and I've never not been seated no matter how busy!!Kudos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- biffVIPDined on 5/9/2014what an absolute treasure this place will become when the construction from hell on and around the 405 and sunset/sepulveda is finally finsihed. once inside, we are treated to comfortable seating, fine service and very good food. plus, and a very big plus, an atmosphere for normal conversation. the noise factor that ruins so many otherwise fine restaurants is absent here and is a major asset. heads should roll at CALTRANS for the utter mess they've created in the area with no apparent end in sight.Special Features:
- Loved my food, as usual!MonaVIPDined on 5/7/2014Great whitefish, piping hot, on a tasty bed of spinach and Brussels sprouts. Scrumptious and sweet ginger carrot soup (non dairy). Tried a new cocktail - with tequila, ginger beer and lime juice - very refreshing and interesting. Husband had his usual ribs and french fries. They were excellent, although the portion of ribs wasn't as generous as usual. (But it was certainly fine.) Waiter (Sean) was really nice. We go here about once a month or once every six weeks. It's definitely worth it.Special Features:
- PLEASANT !!!!!!EnjoyableDined on 5/3/2014We had a fantastic and enjoyable evening, the food was oustanding, service was very good and the owner is there taking care of everybody ... A place to visit many times !!!!!Special Features:
- Great remodel and experienceFoodiekatDined on 4/19/2014We had a good experience. The ambiance is nice....very pretty decor. It's a great place to talk because it's not too loud. The booths are very comfortable. It's also a perfect location to meet if some guests are coming from the Westside and some from the Valley. It was pretty empty on Saturday for brunch but it was the day before Easter so people were probably away or waiting for Easter brunch. The food is good and there's a broad enough selection...something for everyone. I have been there many times over the years and it is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Bel Air Bar and GrillMonaVIPDined on 3/26/2014We live nearby and go here whenever we want a high quality, highly enjoyable meal, with predictably good food and friendly, attentive service. We often take out-of-town guests here, because we know they are consistent, and the varied menu promises good choices for almost anyone. Most recently, I had a pan seared white fish (yummy), our friend from New Jersey had a pasta with a bolognese sauce which she thoroughly enjoyed, and everyone shared delicious appetizers of fried brie with a sweet compote (apples and pears? it was great with the cheese) and the tuna tartare (always excellent). My husband loves their fried calamari and shrimp. They listen to your tastes, and will switch things around. They also make a great margarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bel Air Bar & GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2014We had a lovely dinner with out family, the service was terrific as was the food. In February I had a birthday celebration at this restaurant, which I, unfortunately forgot to book with Open Table, and there were 14 people, Bel Air Bar and Grill did a terrific job, each and everyone enjoyed their food and the service was excellent, we enjoyed their Wines and brought some of our own, their corkage is a bit high, I think, especially with such a large party they could have had a less expensive corkage, other than that I highly recommend this Restaurant.Special Features:
- an off nightbarbydollVIPDined on 3/26/2014Salad requested dressing on the side came with dressing on it requested goat cheese mashed potatoes came with regular mashed potatoesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The evening, after the hassleclothVIPDined on 3/15/2014The evening, after the hassle of getting there as Sepulveda Blvd was closed down due to construction, was made perfect by a fantastic bottle of wine-Goldeneye Pinot Noir.Special Features:
- Thru the yearsTheOuttoLunchBunchDined on 3/13/2014We have enjoyed the Bel Air Bar and Grill for many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- osters with Kim Crawford wineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014osters with Kim Crawford wine are still my favoriteSpecial Features:
- perfect eveningmusiccentertreatDined on 3/1/2014We requested table by fire place...we met a friend who was going out for first time since open heart surgery....perfect table...greeter delightful...our waiter attentive...We so enjoyed being there - celebrating our friend's being THERE!....we'll be back...so will theySpecial Features:
- Why GoLoradioVIPDined on 2/22/2014Waiting in the car for five minutes for valet starting the evening just great. Than to walk in to the wonderful charming hostess who said nothing for three minutes while she cleaned the menus.......than she spoke!! You are eating up stairs to night. We thought was something okay?? Well the only other couple up there, the wife sleeping on the table and the husband on his cell phone and some kind of construction going on. So were we not good enough to eat downstairs? I had this reservation for over a week???
- The food was great.and serverwasskyhighDined on 2/14/2014The food was great.and serverwas very kind to all customer and made my feel confortable. Thanks againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.