1619 Second Ave
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beetrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2125173600
- Hours of Operation:
( Closed Monday) Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10pm
Saturday and Sunday: 12:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, French American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Hassan Belamine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Office, private party - dinner.
- Private Party Facilities: Capacity up to 100 people, open space or with seating.
- Private Party Contact: Olivier Roche 718-290-3677
- Entertainment: Live Jazz - Every Wednesday - 7pm to 10pm
Sunday - 6pm to 9pm
- Special Events: Fresh Oysters menu
A word from Beet
Beet is an American bistro with french cuisine influence accompanied by a selection of cocktails,craft beers and selected fine wines in an elegant rustic setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beet reviews from OpenTable diners
- ant beet itpotsDined on 5/31/2013oddly empty good food nice environment great host yet not busy almost like a private atmospheric room of our ownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beet BlissFoodieKJDined on 5/25/2013I'm so happy to see the UES dining scene grow so will try any new spot regardless of past reviews. Glad I did...it was a great experience. Ambiance: warm, cozy, 'linger here with us' lounge vibe...ample room between center tables. Wood paneled walls seem to absorb noise...no issues hearing anyone at the table with a group of four. Food: the truffle fries and beet salad = must try! Portions surprisingly big but not at expense of taste or presentation. Everything was fresh, cooked to perfection and well timed. Service: Table was ready when we arrived and my reservation note was discreetly acknowledged. Never looking for our next drink, water refill, etc. yet I didn't feel like our dinner was interrupted by "over service" either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother;s DayRhorhoVIPDined on 5/12/2013The special of the day=lobster with corn was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Almost thereKSK10128VIPDined on 5/12/2013In their third month or so Beet is starting to find some ground. The food is excellent and a special mother';s day brunch tropical wine drink was delicious. Still have a bit of trouble with timing (in service and in clearing plates) but I sense that with a bit more effort Beet will become an UES place to go.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLoriNYCVIPDined on 5/9/2013The food was so inventive. The flavor combinations were so interesting and everything was delicious. The service was warm and friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, interestingLouisVIPDined on 5/3/2013Great restaurant, interesting menu, wonderfful foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beet was outstanding! FoodDavis1124Dined on 4/27/2013Beet was outstanding! Food was amazing, service first rate. A really great find!Special Features:
- A great new addition to theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/20/2013A great new addition to the UES. The food is good, and on the generous side! A little less would be better so we can enjoy all the courses. We had a great dinner experience with great fresh oysters, braised short rib, tuna tartar and the special pork loin. The entrees were very good, and whilst they work out their wine selection (new restaurant) we were lacking nothing for a neighborhood night out! The interior is impressive, high end, and chair that was very comfortable! They have jazz on Wednesday and Sunday night with no coverag echarge, and we look forward to coming back to try out the jazz! We will. Be back.Special Features:
- After 7 weeks Beet becameMissiDined on 4/20/2013After 7 weeks Beet became really a neighborhood gem. Need more desert menu.Special Features:
- The brunch menu was good withOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/13/2013The brunch menu was good with a French twist and generous in portion! The food was good and we liked the truffle oil fries! Delicious. The space is large, but you can hear yourself as the tables are decently spaced out. Definately great for large parties too. Nice decor. Service was friendly and helpful. For a new restaurant, sure they have kinks to work out, but the food was good that we would come back.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2013Went here for brunch with the boy and it was, in a word, delicious! I think this restaurant has since closed, which is a shame because we would have gone for dinner. :(I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was sparse andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/3/2013The service was sparse and confused. There were few requests made, but each was met with a blank stare and not, in the end, accommodated. The server looked as if he meant well, but the synapses just weren't firing. Couldn't seem to get that extra plate, or break a $20 bill, or bring us our check. There were only two other tables seated the whole time we were there. Had the food been delicious, this all may have been less annoying, but the food was just OK. It's hard to imagine this place will make it.
- We never even made it to theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2013We never even made it to the main course!They brought 3 out of 4 meals and somehow lost the 4th meal! All the food was ice cold and when we nicely told them the problems they still made Us pay for te appetizers which came wrong!For a restaurant named beet with a signature beet cocktail they had no beet juice to just top off the experience!It's a shame the restaurant was nice but they do not have their act together at all!!Would not reccomend it to anyone!
- this restaurant was not readyDivamom1984VIPDined on 2/17/2013this restaurant was not ready to open. We waited 2 hours for our food, Midway through that time we watched the chef leave the restaurant. At that time we almost left but our charming waiter encouraged us to stay. Shortly after that the chief returned with 2 bags of food. For all of these blunders they only discounted our bill by 20%. This was a unique restaurant experience and one I would not want to repeat.
- We were pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013We were pleasantly surprised with this new restaurant. A bit slow on the service, but perhaps they just haven't gotten into their rhythm yet... Food was good as well. I would give it another try before making additional comments.Special Features:
- Work in ProgressOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/16/2012Given this place is relatively new I will cut the restaurant a little bit of slack, but overall I thought the food was somewhat mediocre when I went recently for brunch. The pototoes they served as sides came out at room temperature when I would have figured they'd be warm having been freshly cooked. Howver, the ambiance was very nice and I thought the wait staff was attentive and friendly. It is also a good place if you're looking to do an "unlimited" mimosa-type Sunday Funday.
- we were expecting more. theDine23Dined on 12/8/2012we were expecting more. the servers tried but were amateur. The burger was messy and the fries were stale. The mac and cheese was good. Not stellar, not terrible; just average.Special Features:
- A total disappointment..TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/4/2012A total disappointment..The food orders were completely wrong. Some of the food was cold. The four of us would never go again.
- Beet is a very comfortableBarbaraVIPDined on 12/2/2012Beet is a very comfortable place but it needs to upgrade the quality of the food a bit. I had the salmon burger and it was very bready and didn't seem to have much salmon in it. Otherwise, Beet is a very pleasant place and the people are lovely.
- The best roasted beets inkaroDined on 12/2/2012The best roasted beets in town! Wonderful place for brunch in UES.Special Features:
- Beet is new to the neighborhood.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/10/2012Beet is new to the neighborhood. The service needs a lot of work on efficiency and quality. The prices are high for basic burgers and sandwiches.Special Features:
- So Beets is great. Very capableEvanLVIPDined on 10/26/2012So Beets is great. Very capable and friendly staff, starting with the friendly Australian owner. Inventive mix of burgers and salads, including vegetarian and non-beef options. Clever sides, well made and inventive cocktails, nice selection of wines by the glass.Special Features: