18 King St. E
Toronto, ON M5C 1C4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.beerbistro.com/
- Phone: (416) 861-9872
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 4pm; Saturday - Sunday 11am - 4pm Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 4pm - 1am; Thursday - Saturday 4pm - 2am; Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Brian Morin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every Saturday night starting at 8:30pm
- Cross Street: Yonge St.
- Public Transit: King Subway Station on the Yonge Line; King St. Street-Car service 24-hour Queen St. Street Car Service.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Municipal parking lots, private lots and underground garages are abundant in the downtown core. The closet above ground lots are located on the south side of King St. at Toronto St. and the south west corner of Church St. and King St. Victoria St. parking Mon-Fri after 6pm and anytime Sat and Sun. Toronto St. parking available anytime and metered Mon-Sat 8am-9pm. Adelaide St. parking available from 9:30am-3:30pm and 6:30pm through the overnight Mon-Fri. Metering occurs Mon-Fri until 9pm.
A word from beerbistro
In a polished, comfortable, upscale space in Toronto's financial district, beerbistro does beer true justice. Aside from a carefully chosen selection of 120 ales and lagers, in the kitchen beer infuses, pitches, cures, marinates, poaches and stews in most of its imaginative fresh market cuisine. From mouthwatering sourdough pitched with Cantillon-a cherished belgian lambic, to pulled pork slowly smoked with coffee porter, to beer ice cream, beerbistro's menu is a veritable beer-kaleidoscopic wonderland. beerbistro delivers the great beer experience, celebrating it as an accompaniment to food, a versatile and flavorful ingredient and as a quenching refresher or soothing restorative. Don't know anything about beer? An incredibly hospitable and beer-savvy staff will convert even the toughest non-believers. Like beer? Hold on to the reins with both hands, as the leader of this industry's beer-cuisine genre, beerbistro is habit-forming. Come let us change the way you think beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
beerbistro reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)good for groups (53)vibrant bar scene (43)great for lunch (41)hot spot (38)great for outdoor dining (36)neighborhood gem (32)late-night find (24)special occasion (21)romantic (11)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Great craft beer selection, dissapointed with foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Would definitely recimmend for the craft beer lover. The craft beer selection was excellent and well laid out in the menu. I have only tried one food item, the rib pizza. i was disappointed as it had very little rib meat and filled with large quantities of mushy onions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent musselsoldfriendsDined on 11/17/2014Great spot with off-beat menu, extensive beer selection and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a tasty experienceluvgr8foodDined on 11/14/2014We loved our cheese fondue and fries!!!! Our beef short rib pizza and burger were also delicious and so full of flavour. As expected, our beers did not disappoint!!! I missed having a glass of Affligem (the beer alternative to a Chardonnay). Not bitter, light with a sweet finish. Good times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal was delicious butkaryannDined on 11/8/2014I was solo dining so requested the chefs table. Mistake. You are completely removed from the dining room, but it is not at all private, as you are stuck sitting in the corridor that leads to the washrooms. People walking back and forth behind me throughout my meal. Not nice. Judging from the photos on the website, the place looked fairly classy, so I was surprised to see a tv at the bar, with a hockey game on. Meh. Good menu though, generous portions, and tasty. Very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualCleoVIPDined on 11/8/2014Went before a concert at Massey Hall. Just a 5 minute walk. Tried their Hog Wild Pizza (pulled pork, sausage, roasted garlic), yum. Large portion, took about half home, but we had the frites to start, because we can't pass up the best frites in the city - took about half home as well. No room for dessert, just cappuccinos which always come with a biscotti.Special Features:
- Nice Meal before the GameBabsDined on 11/7/2014We had a great meal before the Raptors game. Good beer list, of course, and even some ciders for the non-beer drinker. Waiter timed our food perfectly so we had a chance to enjoy the frites (must have!) before our mains came, and we still had plenty of time to get to the game. The lively "after work - pre-game" atmosphere was perfect for the start of a social night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereRonnyDined on 10/31/2014As a lunch place to go with other professionals, it surprised us all. The beer choices are enormous.Special Features:
- Go8lateDined on 10/25/2014Great food, great beer, great service, and great lively atmosphere. Also very reasonably priced. Go to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Introduce friendsah2tasteDined on 10/25/2014It's been a while since I've dine at beerbistro but given an opportunity to get together with friends, I had to introduce them to beerbistro. The ladies in this group were wine drinkers but ventured to try the home brewed beer and like the recommendations offered by the bartender. The Belgium Frites were a hit and with Mussels you can never go wrong though I wished the baked Mussels were available on the Brunch menu. However, tried the Eggs Benedict which were just as good. Our servicer had great timing, allowing us to simply enjoy and, we ended up staying 3 hrs chatting the afternoon away. If you haven't tried beerbistro, give it a go trying the in-house brewed beer and food is tasty at a reasonable cost.Special Features:
- Always good!jgtorfoodieVIPDined on 10/22/2014Been many times. Always good food. Good service. Good atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go somewhere else!SiofishDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I went here with our friends from Newfoundland. We were here before a concert to have some food and good times (service was so slow we were almost tight for time). Our reservations were for 5:15, my husband and I got the cheese fondue for an app and our friends got mussels. The fondue was delicious, but really, how hard is cheese fondue. The mussels were good, they has the white wine sauce, and they were good- also not difficult. We all got pizzas- to split with each other. They got the pork one (I think) and we got the short rib pizza. I did NOT taste any meat and there was a pound of arugala on top! And the fact that they were $17 and a small child would maybe get full from eating one. Terrible! Not worth the price!Special Features:
- Delicious cheese fondue!CpuffDined on 10/18/2014Great choice of beers and staff were very helpful. Cookies and cream chocolate stout ice cream was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014I have been to the Beer Bistro many times- it never disappoints! Service is great - the waiters are fabulous!Special Features:
- A great spotHonestOpinionDined on 10/17/2014I eat here about once per month because I love the moules and frites! The beer selection is outstanding and the service is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer, Ok experiencemagoo12Dined on 10/9/2014Our dining experience was just ok. Beer Bistro is extremely loud, so it is nearly impossible to have a conversation with the person you are sitting with. Dining tables are placed very close together, so you feel like you are eating with the people next to you. I would recommend Beer Bistro for a few cold drinks and some appetizers, but not a special dinner place. Both the chicken (in a caesar salad) and the meet in the burger were both dry and overcooked. Our waitress was friendly and service fairly quick. The beer list is amazing.Special Features:
- Good ok restaurant for lunchWinstonDined on 10/8/2014The restaurant is ok not great. I would not invite a customer here.
- Pretty Great!VeronikaDined on 10/5/2014Loved the food, probably the best pizza and bison burger I'll ever have! But the service was a little eh; it took my waiter a really long time to get our check and everything I just didnt enjoy it too much otherwise it was a fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Oktoberfest menuLouLouVIPDined on 10/1/2014Both of us ordered off the special Oktoberfest menu - the wurst platter and the Wiener schnitzel. Both were delicious and authentic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindgourmetgirlDined on 9/30/2014Reviews on Open Table for beerbistro convinced me to book a reservation and I'm glad I did. The scene was energetic, maybe a bit too so for a romantic dinner, but the service was attentive and the food! was outstanding for the price. Most noteworthy: the bistro salad and the frites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in downtown!minarousDined on 9/26/2014We made reservations here for a Friday night, and glad we did, extremely busy place. We had two extra people coming and a seat opened up beside us, the hostess quickly reserved for our other guests that were on there way. Great choice of beers, and good food. I had the bison burger, it wasn't the most astounding one I've had but still very good, it came with coleslaw that wasn't my preference, but it had peppers which I can't really eat anyways, so I swapped with my husband for his corn on the cob. Great little place in the heart of downtown!Special Features:
- Loved It!konan881Dined on 9/26/2014Great beers, great Frites, Great Service, Wonderful Atmposphere. What else do you want?Special Features:
- Fantastic selection and serviceDoggaboneDined on 9/26/2014Recently I had the pleasure of meeting a few friends at beerbistro for dinner and, of course, beer. My steak was cooked exactly as I requested it - I like it nearly blue, and not every kitchen likes to send out a steak lightly cooked, and some don't let it rest enough and the juices run when it's cooked. It was wonderfully cooked, and dressed perfectly with carmelized onions. Great fries, too. The beer selection, as one should expect, is fantastic. Every round I tried something new - a couple of smoked beers, some truly hopping lagers, a stout or two. Our server was energetic, highly engaging, and very professional. She elevated the evening for me and I was very impressed by her work. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Service not so goodLunchDined on 9/25/2014The waitress we had was not very good, ask twice or three time for condiments, kept saying she would get it right away never received it. We had to ask for water twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loosing its lustreMarcelDined on 9/20/2014Beerbistro used to be my favourite restaurant in Toronto. Every time I would book a flight for Toronto, I would also book a table at beerbistro. Their goat curry was worth the flight ticket. I could find Mort Subite Gueuze. The ambiance was excellent. Last Saturday (2014-09-20), I asked for a tartar "bien relevé", but it was dull. I was not even offered fresh ground pepper. The crostinis were moist. I had the chicken curry. It was good, but I am confident that I can find comparable ones in Toronto. I used to recommend the place to friends, but now I wouldn't. Yes, the beer selection is excellent, but the food and ambiance are only okay. Ah well, I guess I'll be looking for a new favourite place the next time I'll visit Toronto.
- Great overall experienceBigBadBryDined on 9/19/2014Fantastic overall. Had the salmon and rice and vegetables. Salmon was fantastic and rice and vegetables were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Drinks and FooddowntfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Their fries are ranked no. 2 in Toronto, but unfortunately it wasn't anything special. A full salad cost $10 but the portion seems smaller than a side...would only recommend if you go for some drinks, nice ambiance for a after work chil.
- Still great!LuncherDined on 9/15/2014It had been a while since I last was at the beer bistro and went for lunch on a whim. I don't know why I'm not there more often. Everything from the beer to the food to the service was top notch and reasonably priced for the quality. Don't miss out on the frites or the Dragon Stout ice cream. A very enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!shadyladyDined on 9/12/2014Great beer list, and I really appreciated the food-beverage pairing recommendations. Our server was also very knowledgeable, and was able to make additional suggestions that complemented overall dining experience. The only thing against BeerBistro was that the menu leaned to deep fried with not a veggie in sight - I was trying to eat healthy but struggled to find options. Everything we ate was amazing - especially the fries but I felt VERY guilty afterwards!Special Features:
- A beer lovermonalisaDined on 9/12/2014I met a client at noon for lunch and ordered a beer. I thought it was flat and when I tried to return it the waitress was argumentative and tried to dismiss my complaint. Other than that the food was good and I enjoyed ir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good place for dinnerNomnomDined on 9/11/2014I made a reservation here because it was on the list of top Toronto gastro pubs. We had to wait 20 min extra for our table on a Thursday and the mains were mediocre (the bison burger had weird chunks of something - not sure if it was fat or something else that was chewy and not really edible; my friend got fish which he said was pretty meh). Their apps and drinks menu were awesome though. I'd recommend this place only for drinks and a light nibble (the atmosphere is pretty great).Special Features:
- Cpatt81VIPDined on 8/31/2014Spicy Thai mussels are phenomenal! Dip the bread in the juice- quite delicious. Oh, and their beer selection is vast ANC good - definitely a beer option for everyone.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceSadJaysfanDined on 8/31/2014Went in group of 3. Enjoyed some great beers and an appetizer. Unfortunately our waitress never returned to check on us or take our dinner order. She seemed to be too busy setting new tables, refilling the beverage fridge and socializing in the kitchen. Thoroughly disappointed we never had the opportunity to try some of the great meals on the menu.
- Attention all beer lovers!TornativeDined on 8/30/2014Very impressive beer menu and a nice friendly bar with a few screens for sports lovers. The patio is a quiet oasis in the centre of the city. The service is friendly too. The menu is not exhaustive, but had a nice selection of appetizers and mains for our Saturday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014Consistently good service, great variety of beers and amazing fries.Special Features:
- Good for the corporate crowdbidoDined on 8/27/2014Not much was appealing. Nothing notable to review. It's really a conveniently located restaurant in the financial district.Special Features:
- A great meal & excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Great food, fun and yummy beer listing, and excellent server who was enthusiastic about the food and the impressive beer list. The food was good, the atmosphere was cheerful, and the great service ensured a faultless (mini) family reunion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The meal was tasty and our server was really attentive. Perfect level of service. Try the stout and skor ice cream it's amazing! We will be telling our friends to check it out. Friends of ours directed us to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best beer BistroYumoDined on 8/22/2014Great place, a must try! We sat outside on patio which was nice. Inside looked nice but a little more energy and louder. The mussels were yummy as well as the bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer Bistro DeliversMikeyZDined on 8/21/2014Great beer selection. Loud and vibrant atmosphere. A lot of after-work people and tourists. Service is efficient and the food was a short wait but expertly prepared. After a long day walking all over the city I don't think you could top this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Our server hid in the back, the entire time. Our lunch took almost 2 hours, between appetizer ordering, the server's disappearance, and taking our lunch order. I would not go back there for lunch, during the week.