18 King St. E
Toronto, ON M5C 1C4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.beerbistro.com/
- Phone: 4168619872
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 4pm; Saturday - Sunday 11am - 4pm Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 4pm - 1am; Thursday - Saturday 4pm - 2am; Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Brian Morin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every Saturday night starting at 8:30pm
- Cross Street: Yonge St.
- Public Transit: King Subway Station on the Yonge Line; King St. Street-Car service 24-hour Queen St. Street Car Service.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Municipal parking lots, private lots and underground garages are abundant in the downtown core. The closet above ground lots are located on the south side of King St. at Toronto St. and the south west corner of Church St. and King St. Victoria St. parking Mon-Fri after 6pm and anytime Sat and Sun. Toronto St. parking available anytime and metered Mon-Sat 8am-9pm. Adelaide St. parking available from 9:30am-3:30pm and 6:30pm through the overnight Mon-Fri. Metering occurs Mon-Fri until 9pm.
A word from beerbistro
In a polished, comfortable, upscale space in Toronto's financial district, beerbistro does beer true justice. Aside from a carefully chosen selection of 120 ales and lagers, in the kitchen beer infuses, pitches, cures, marinates, poaches and stews in most of its imaginative fresh market cuisine. From mouthwatering sourdough pitched with Cantillon-a cherished belgian lambic, to pulled pork slowly smoked with coffee porter, to beer ice cream, beerbistro's menu is a veritable beer-kaleidoscopic wonderland. beerbistro delivers the great beer experience, celebrating it as an accompaniment to food, a versatile and flavorful ingredient and as a quenching refresher or soothing restorative. Don't know anything about beer? An incredibly hospitable and beer-savvy staff will convert even the toughest non-believers. Like beer? Hold on to the reins with both hands, as the leader of this industry's beer-cuisine genre, beerbistro is habit-forming. Come let us change the way you think beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
beerbistro reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (61)fit for foodies (51)great for outdoor dining (41)good for groups (40)vibrant bar scene (34)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (31)special occasion (30)late-night find (24)romantic (11)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good for the corporate crowdbidoDined on 8/27/2014Not much was appealing. Nothing notable to review. It's really a conveniently located restaurant in the financial district.Special Features:
- A great meal & excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Great food, fun and yummy beer listing, and excellent server who was enthusiastic about the food and the impressive beer list. The food was good, the atmosphere was cheerful, and the great service ensured a faultless (mini) family reunion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The meal was tasty and our server was really attentive. Perfect level of service. Try the stout and skor ice cream it's amazing! We will be telling our friends to check it out. Friends of ours directed us to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best beer BistroYumoDined on 8/22/2014Great place, a must try! We sat outside on patio which was nice. Inside looked nice but a little more energy and louder. The mussels were yummy as well as the bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer Bistro DeliversMikeyZDined on 8/21/2014Great beer selection. Loud and vibrant atmosphere. A lot of after-work people and tourists. Service is efficient and the food was a short wait but expertly prepared. After a long day walking all over the city I don't think you could top this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Our server hid in the back, the entire time. Our lunch took almost 2 hours, between appetizer ordering, the server's disappearance, and taking our lunch order. I would not go back there for lunch, during the week.
- A must for a beer aficionado-foodieShockingAmbroseDined on 8/18/2014When we visit Toronto and are downtown in the evening we make sure that on at least one night we go to BeerBistro. And we always sit at the bar where we can interact with the excellent knowledgeable bartender. He's like a beer sommelier (is there a word for that?) He has steered me to some great beer finds. As for food, I usually have the mussels and they're a treat. The menu is basically more sophisticated bar food. My wife can even get a well-made gluten-free pizza there. It's interesting casual dining without pretension.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedRepeatOffenderDined on 8/8/2014I keep coming back and continue to introduce friends to the beerbistro. I am never disappointed and enjoy the chance of trying a new beer with each visit. The service and food (5* for the hog wild pizza) always amazing. Keep up the amazing workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food meh. Beer yeahilanasVIPDined on 8/7/2014Mussels were way too salty, pork chop way overcooked. Fries were good, though. The beers are outstanding but they need to watch what's coming out of the kitchen. Not great.Special Features:
- DateNiteDinerDined on 8/6/2014Small selection on the dinner menu but makes up for it in the beer department. My husband loved it! I however do not drink beer and found their wine list lacking. Still enjoyed the atmosphere and food.Special Features:
- Great Beerkh1234Dined on 8/2/2014We went for dinner while visiting Toronto after seeing the Saturday night suckling pig special. The pig was awesome, and we were surprised by how big the portion was per plate. The duck fat fries and cauliflower soup were both great. They had a great beer selection. I would recommend it to anyone who likes beer and pork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok Food, Great servicejoelDined on 7/28/2014We had a terrific waiter. We sat outside, and it was a bit cool, and there were no outdoor heaters, so that was unfortunate. The food was ok. Scallops were excellent quality, could have used a bit more spice. The pork chop had a chunk of cartilage I had to work around. It was not a standard chop with side bone, so it was hard to work through, and flavour was just ok. I will stick to eating the ones I make :)Special Features:
- Will come back!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014My friend & i dined here for the 1st time over this past weekend and were delighted by the extensive beer list and service! Standout was the belgian frites! Looking forward to coming back!Special Features:
- cosmopolitamDined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious and it is good option before an event at the ACC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not overly generous portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Great service - the staff were very good; portions were almost laughably small. The food was very tasty but for the price, it was just too skimpy.
- Misleading nameOttawaONDined on 7/21/2014Great location, awesome decor. Very disappointed they had no beer on tap, only bottled beer and too a very pedestrian selection. I was meeting guests from out of country, i wanted them to sample the some of the beer they advertise on tap. They had my e-mail address, they even confirmed my reservation both by e-mail and phone, at the very least they should have called and let me know. Huge disappointment. Very happy with the service which was the saving grace.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014.enjoyed thoroughly. took my grandson for his 20th birthday and he plans to bring his girlfriend.Special Features:
- Always Love the beerbistro!!!WallyDined on 7/18/2014I seem to visit the beerbistro everytime I attend the theatre or a show downtown. Always great food!!! The pulled pork - amazing, the fries - really amazing - the mussels - to die for, the bread dipped in the mussel sauce -mmmmm. Oops, I almost forgot - the BEER! Got to try them all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection of beer, but...ProreachDined on 7/18/2014If you like beer, this is the original gastro type restaurant. The food is good but the selection is limited.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at reasonable pricesPedroVIPDined on 7/13/2014People usually go here because of their phenomenal beer list, but the food is also quite impressive too. The menu is a bit limited perhaps, but the food quality is very good, and much better than your usual pub fare. Great casual dining place in a very central location!Special Features:
- summergalDined on 7/12/2014disappointed that the beer bistro would not serve their specialty poutines before 11pm. By that time we are too full to eat anymoreSpecial Features:
- BeerbistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Wonderful evening a Beerbistro - waitress very attentive and food very good. Ample quantity and excellent quality. Would definitely return! Thanks for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBaconeaterDined on 7/4/2014Awesome list of beers and really good food. The menu list isn't too long, but what they have is awesome and fit for anyone's taste. They also suggest beers that go a long with the food you choose.Special Features:
- Overall Enjoyable!chazaDined on 7/4/2014Good food, fun atmosphere, and relatively quick service - perfect for a quick catch up with an old friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful find, great beersLoveItalianfoodDined on 7/1/2014I was surprised when I walked in. Unique layout with a bar area (soccer was on) and nice restaurant area and an outdoor patio. Loved the choice of beers!!! Had a "left field" Enjoyed it very much. Food was tasty and I loved the cinnamon donuts for dessert. I will come back for those next time I'm in the neighbourhood. Had a wonderful time, great service, great food, I'll be back!Special Features:
- crtrVIPDined on 7/1/2014Food is below average. Perogies $18 and you receive 5 perogies for it?! and then fries come up burn all of them. Just not acceptable!
- The beer didn't dissapoint!HungryinChicagoDined on 6/27/2014We went especially for the beer and enjoyed beer flights, and additional selections on tap. Combined with steamed mussels, it was a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunchspqrDined on 6/27/2014Food was quite good. Portions Ok for lunch. Service prompt and friendly. Good choice of beers, but most are bottled. Probably rate it a bit more than $$ on the price scale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy dining, lots of beer choiceDiner2013VIPDined on 6/20/2014Easy dining, lots of choice of different beers, great fondue....keeping it simpleSpecial Features:
- Not safe for food intolerancesNicks247Dined on 6/17/2014Waiter we told me they use peanut oil for their fries but ensured me it was safe for those with nut allergies. Found it untruthful and won't go backSpecial Features:
- Great lunch spotTODinerVIPDined on 6/17/2014Once again Beerbistro did not disappoint as a venue for a business lunch. Service is quick and efficient and you can be in and out in an hour. The hog wild pizza and the burger are delicious. Huge selection of beer from all over the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experience!cherylinthecityDined on 6/16/2014It's always a treat to visit the Beer Bistro. The amazing, friendly staff (Sarah and Sean), and the delicious food and atmosphere always makes me want to come back.Special Features:
- Fun placeWhalen189Dined on 6/13/2014This was a fun place for dinner with an amazing beer list. Food was good and we had fun, which was the goal in booking at a place called Beer Bistro.Special Features:
- Great and ConvenientlamoiDined on 6/3/2014This was a very pleasant surprise. The beer selection is fantastic, as one would suspect, and the food was very good. The service experience was fantastic. Handy to the downtown core. Will definitely go back the next time in TO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection of beerswoodsyDined on 5/30/2014Had a great burger and a beer friday night before a play and it was great considering it was burger week too. We were given a great suggestion for beers by our our server and it was a great compliment to our meal. Very enjoyable for our first time too. We will be back. Cheers !Special Features:
- Good food, great beer!FMNTDined on 5/27/2014A great place to go for a fantastic beer selection. Something for everyone - even for those seeking gluten-free options! Had a great celebratory drink on the patio - perfect in the sun.Special Features:
- Great beer selection and dishesyvrgirlVIPDined on 5/23/2014Been here several times, good for ambiance and trying different items with beet inspiration. Duck fat fries delicious. Did not like the server who kept pulling receipts, credit card machine directly out of customers' hands instead of waiting for the customer to hand them to him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, suprisingly good price!Luv2dineDined on 5/23/2014The food was delicious i booked a reservation in advance which we were 15 minutes late for, they were graciously still holding our table despite another couple waiting for a table. We ordered fries, mussels (belgian white), pulled pork sandwich, and the grilled veggie pizza. The server who was very attentive and kind told us we would not be able to finish it all. Being cocky the way i am i instructed her to bring it all anyhow. The mussels and fries arrived promptly as apps. the mussels were splendid as was the bread that came with it. The fries were disappointing only in that you should not order fries when there are such other good eats. Im running out of space so i will summarize, great food great food, and for king great prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's Table...MichYYZDined on 5/22/2014Had an excellent dinner while seated at the Chef's Table. Was entertaining and learned from watching the team in the kitchen. Watching them helped us decide what to order. Have never had a bad experience at beerbistro. Food is always spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craft BeersSmitty2929Dined on 5/22/2014This bar gives new meaning to the word craft beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.