18 King St. E
Toronto, ON M5C 1C4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.beerbistro.com/
- Phone: 4168619872
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 4pm; Saturday - Sunday 11am - 4pm Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 4pm - 1am; Thursday - Saturday 4pm - 2am; Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Brian Morin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every Saturday night starting at 8:30pm
- Cross Street: Yonge St.
- Public Transit: King Subway Station on the Yonge Line; King St. Street-Car service 24-hour Queen St. Street Car Service.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Municipal parking lots, private lots and underground garages are abundant in the downtown core. The closet above ground lots are located on the south side of King St. at Toronto St. and the south west corner of Church St. and King St. Victoria St. parking Mon-Fri after 6pm and anytime Sat and Sun. Toronto St. parking available anytime and metered Mon-Sat 8am-9pm. Adelaide St. parking available from 9:30am-3:30pm and 6:30pm through the overnight Mon-Fri. Metering occurs Mon-Fri until 9pm.
A word from beerbistro
In a polished, comfortable, upscale space in Toronto's financial district, beerbistro does beer true justice. Aside from a carefully chosen selection of 120 ales and lagers, in the kitchen beer infuses, pitches, cures, marinates, poaches and stews in most of its imaginative fresh market cuisine. From mouthwatering sourdough pitched with Cantillon-a cherished belgian lambic, to pulled pork slowly smoked with coffee porter, to beer ice cream, beerbistro's menu is a veritable beer-kaleidoscopic wonderland. beerbistro delivers the great beer experience, celebrating it as an accompaniment to food, a versatile and flavorful ingredient and as a quenching refresher or soothing restorative. Don't know anything about beer? An incredibly hospitable and beer-savvy staff will convert even the toughest non-believers. Like beer? Hold on to the reins with both hands, as the leader of this industry's beer-cuisine genre, beerbistro is habit-forming. Come let us change the way you think beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
beerbistro reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (58)fit for foodies (52)great for outdoor dining (44)good for groups (44)vibrant bar scene (32)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (28)special occasion (23)late-night find (21)romantic (11)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Great place in downtown!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We made reservations here for a Friday night, and glad we did, extremely busy place. We had two extra people coming and a seat opened up beside us, the hostess quickly reserved for our other guests that were on there way. Great choice of beers, and good food. I had the bison burger, it wasn't the most astounding one I've had but still very good, it came with coleslaw that wasn't my preference, but it had peppers which I can't really eat anyways, so I swapped with my husband for his corn on the cob. Great little place in the heart of downtown!Special Features:
- Loved It!konan881Dined on 9/26/2014Great beers, great Frites, Great Service, Wonderful Atmposphere. What else do you want?Special Features:
- Fantastic selection and serviceDoggaboneDined on 9/26/2014Recently I had the pleasure of meeting a few friends at beerbistro for dinner and, of course, beer. My steak was cooked exactly as I requested it - I like it nearly blue, and not every kitchen likes to send out a steak lightly cooked, and some don't let it rest enough and the juices run when it's cooked. It was wonderfully cooked, and dressed perfectly with carmelized onions. Great fries, too. The beer selection, as one should expect, is fantastic. Every round I tried something new - a couple of smoked beers, some truly hopping lagers, a stout or two. Our server was energetic, highly engaging, and very professional. She elevated the evening for me and I was very impressed by her work. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Service not so goodLunchDined on 9/25/2014The waitress we had was not very good, ask twice or three time for condiments, kept saying she would get it right away never received it. We had to ask for water twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loosing its lustreMarcelDined on 9/20/2014Beerbistro used to be my favourite restaurant in Toronto. Every time I would book a flight for Toronto, I would also book a table at beerbistro. Their goat curry was worth the flight ticket. I could find Mort Subite Gueuze. The ambiance was excellent. Last Saturday (2014-09-20), I asked for a tartar "bien relevé", but it was dull. I was not even offered fresh ground pepper. The crostinis were moist. I had the chicken curry. It was good, but I am confident that I can find comparable ones in Toronto. I used to recommend the place to friends, but now I wouldn't. Yes, the beer selection is excellent, but the food and ambiance are only okay. Ah well, I guess I'll be looking for a new favourite place the next time I'll visit Toronto.
- Great overall experienceBigBadBryDined on 9/19/2014Fantastic overall. Had the salmon and rice and vegetables. Salmon was fantastic and rice and vegetables were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Drinks and FooddowntfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Their fries are ranked no. 2 in Toronto, but unfortunately it wasn't anything special. A full salad cost $10 but the portion seems smaller than a side...would only recommend if you go for some drinks, nice ambiance for a after work chil.
- Still great!LuncherDined on 9/15/2014It had been a while since I last was at the beer bistro and went for lunch on a whim. I don't know why I'm not there more often. Everything from the beer to the food to the service was top notch and reasonably priced for the quality. Don't miss out on the frites or the Dragon Stout ice cream. A very enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!shadyladyDined on 9/12/2014Great beer list, and I really appreciated the food-beverage pairing recommendations. Our server was also very knowledgeable, and was able to make additional suggestions that complemented overall dining experience. The only thing against BeerBistro was that the menu leaned to deep fried with not a veggie in sight - I was trying to eat healthy but struggled to find options. Everything we ate was amazing - especially the fries but I felt VERY guilty afterwards!Special Features:
- A beer lovermonalisaDined on 9/12/2014I met a client at noon for lunch and ordered a beer. I thought it was flat and when I tried to return it the waitress was argumentative and tried to dismiss my complaint. Other than that the food was good and I enjoyed ir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good place for dinnerNomnomDined on 9/11/2014I made a reservation here because it was on the list of top Toronto gastro pubs. We had to wait 20 min extra for our table on a Thursday and the mains were mediocre (the bison burger had weird chunks of something - not sure if it was fat or something else that was chewy and not really edible; my friend got fish which he said was pretty meh). Their apps and drinks menu were awesome though. I'd recommend this place only for drinks and a light nibble (the atmosphere is pretty great).Special Features:
- Cpatt81Dined on 8/31/2014Spicy Thai mussels are phenomenal! Dip the bread in the juice- quite delicious. Oh, and their beer selection is vast ANC good - definitely a beer option for everyone.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceSadJaysfanDined on 8/31/2014Went in group of 3. Enjoyed some great beers and an appetizer. Unfortunately our waitress never returned to check on us or take our dinner order. She seemed to be too busy setting new tables, refilling the beverage fridge and socializing in the kitchen. Thoroughly disappointed we never had the opportunity to try some of the great meals on the menu.
- Attention all beer lovers!TornativeDined on 8/30/2014Very impressive beer menu and a nice friendly bar with a few screens for sports lovers. The patio is a quiet oasis in the centre of the city. The service is friendly too. The menu is not exhaustive, but had a nice selection of appetizers and mains for our Saturday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014Consistently good service, great variety of beers and amazing fries.Special Features:
- Good for the corporate crowdbidoDined on 8/27/2014Not much was appealing. Nothing notable to review. It's really a conveniently located restaurant in the financial district.Special Features:
- A great meal & excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Great food, fun and yummy beer listing, and excellent server who was enthusiastic about the food and the impressive beer list. The food was good, the atmosphere was cheerful, and the great service ensured a faultless (mini) family reunion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The meal was tasty and our server was really attentive. Perfect level of service. Try the stout and skor ice cream it's amazing! We will be telling our friends to check it out. Friends of ours directed us to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best beer BistroYumoDined on 8/22/2014Great place, a must try! We sat outside on patio which was nice. Inside looked nice but a little more energy and louder. The mussels were yummy as well as the bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer Bistro DeliversMikeyZDined on 8/21/2014Great beer selection. Loud and vibrant atmosphere. A lot of after-work people and tourists. Service is efficient and the food was a short wait but expertly prepared. After a long day walking all over the city I don't think you could top this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Our server hid in the back, the entire time. Our lunch took almost 2 hours, between appetizer ordering, the server's disappearance, and taking our lunch order. I would not go back there for lunch, during the week.
- A must for a beer aficionado-foodieShockingAmbroseDined on 8/18/2014When we visit Toronto and are downtown in the evening we make sure that on at least one night we go to BeerBistro. And we always sit at the bar where we can interact with the excellent knowledgeable bartender. He's like a beer sommelier (is there a word for that?) He has steered me to some great beer finds. As for food, I usually have the mussels and they're a treat. The menu is basically more sophisticated bar food. My wife can even get a well-made gluten-free pizza there. It's interesting casual dining without pretension.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedRepeatOffenderDined on 8/8/2014I keep coming back and continue to introduce friends to the beerbistro. I am never disappointed and enjoy the chance of trying a new beer with each visit. The service and food (5* for the hog wild pizza) always amazing. Keep up the amazing workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food meh. Beer yeahilanasVIPDined on 8/7/2014Mussels were way too salty, pork chop way overcooked. Fries were good, though. The beers are outstanding but they need to watch what's coming out of the kitchen. Not great.Special Features:
- Great Beerkh1234Dined on 8/2/2014We went for dinner while visiting Toronto after seeing the Saturday night suckling pig special. The pig was awesome, and we were surprised by how big the portion was per plate. The duck fat fries and cauliflower soup were both great. They had a great beer selection. I would recommend it to anyone who likes beer and pork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok Food, Great servicejoelDined on 7/28/2014We had a terrific waiter. We sat outside, and it was a bit cool, and there were no outdoor heaters, so that was unfortunate. The food was ok. Scallops were excellent quality, could have used a bit more spice. The pork chop had a chunk of cartilage I had to work around. It was not a standard chop with side bone, so it was hard to work through, and flavour was just ok. I will stick to eating the ones I make :)Special Features:
- Will come back!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014My friend & i dined here for the 1st time over this past weekend and were delighted by the extensive beer list and service! Standout was the belgian frites! Looking forward to coming back!Special Features:
- cosmopolitamDined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious and it is good option before an event at the ACC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not overly generous portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Great service - the staff were very good; portions were almost laughably small. The food was very tasty but for the price, it was just too skimpy.
- Misleading nameOttawaONDined on 7/21/2014Great location, awesome decor. Very disappointed they had no beer on tap, only bottled beer and too a very pedestrian selection. I was meeting guests from out of country, i wanted them to sample the some of the beer they advertise on tap. They had my e-mail address, they even confirmed my reservation both by e-mail and phone, at the very least they should have called and let me know. Huge disappointment. Very happy with the service which was the saving grace.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014.enjoyed thoroughly. took my grandson for his 20th birthday and he plans to bring his girlfriend.Special Features:
- Always Love the beerbistro!!!WallyDined on 7/18/2014I seem to visit the beerbistro everytime I attend the theatre or a show downtown. Always great food!!! The pulled pork - amazing, the fries - really amazing - the mussels - to die for, the bread dipped in the mussel sauce -mmmmm. Oops, I almost forgot - the BEER! Got to try them all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection of beer, but...ProreachDined on 7/18/2014If you like beer, this is the original gastro type restaurant. The food is good but the selection is limited.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at reasonable pricesPedroVIPDined on 7/13/2014People usually go here because of their phenomenal beer list, but the food is also quite impressive too. The menu is a bit limited perhaps, but the food quality is very good, and much better than your usual pub fare. Great casual dining place in a very central location!Special Features:
- summergalDined on 7/12/2014disappointed that the beer bistro would not serve their specialty poutines before 11pm. By that time we are too full to eat anymoreSpecial Features:
- BeerbistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Wonderful evening a Beerbistro - waitress very attentive and food very good. Ample quantity and excellent quality. Would definitely return! Thanks for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBaconeaterDined on 7/4/2014Awesome list of beers and really good food. The menu list isn't too long, but what they have is awesome and fit for anyone's taste. They also suggest beers that go a long with the food you choose.Special Features:
- Overall Enjoyable!chazaDined on 7/4/2014Good food, fun atmosphere, and relatively quick service - perfect for a quick catch up with an old friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful find, great beersLoveItalianfoodDined on 7/1/2014I was surprised when I walked in. Unique layout with a bar area (soccer was on) and nice restaurant area and an outdoor patio. Loved the choice of beers!!! Had a "left field" Enjoyed it very much. Food was tasty and I loved the cinnamon donuts for dessert. I will come back for those next time I'm in the neighbourhood. Had a wonderful time, great service, great food, I'll be back!Special Features:
- crtrVIPDined on 7/1/2014Food is below average. Perogies $18 and you receive 5 perogies for it?! and then fries come up burn all of them. Just not acceptable!