300 West 40th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beerauthoritynyc.com/
- Phone: 2125108415x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call our parties rep @ 212-510-8415.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Saturday night. Trivia DJ quiz every Tuesday & Thursday nights.
A word from Beer Authority
Beer Authority is a craft beer restaurant, serving gastro pub cuisine. With over 80 beers on tap and 60 bottled varieties , the Beer Authority is the perfect place to unwind after shopping, the theatre, heading home or simply hanging out. Ideally located in the Times Square district, the restaurant is located to all major transportation hubs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beer Authority reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great beerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013My fiance and I went to this bar specifically because he is a beer aficionado. Beer Authority has such an impressive beer menu that we ended up dining here twice :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Surprise!JerseyGirlDined on 12/15/2013My husband is a beer aficionado, so we decided to give this a try for a before show supper. Location is great. Do NOT be put off by the somewhat dingy bar when you walk in. You dine upstairs which is bright and fun & has large windows overlooking 8th and 40th. We had the Deviled Eggs appetizer and they're just like grandma used to make. We also had the Mac & Cheese and the Wild Boar Sausages, both were excellent. Of course the real draw is the beer selection. There is literally something for everyone and my husband thoroughly enjoyed tasting some beers he had never had. I would definitely recommend this and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not good for groupscharley19Dined on 11/16/2013Since we were going to be 16 people and I knew they had room but what I didn't know is that when we got there the table was set up for only 10-11 people when I asked where are the chairs for the rest of the party they replied: Well they can stand - we don't seat that many people..my mouth opened?? I said that is unacceptable - I made a reservation for 16 for dinner - I am not going to have people stand and eat. They said that was the policy.. they do not expect people to eat but to drink and pick around they table. So don't go here if you want to actually sit for dinner - we did eventually get the additional chairs and a table added but to have to request this is not right. When you book a reservation on Open Table it is to sit and eat -
- Great beer but very noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2013Met up with some friends that we see only annually and chose this because we are beer geeks. We had a 7:30 reservation but actually arrived an hour early. They were able to seat us, which was nice of them. Great beer selection (something like 70 taps) but sooo noisy it was hard to hear and catch up on the events of the past year. The nachos were only average and my mushroom mac and cheese was not memorable. I would not go out of my way to visit here again, but would stop by for drinks only if in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- A happy surpriseMSSSVIPDined on 9/29/2013We were looking for a place to meet friends in a very specific location, and we found this one. On Sunday noontime, it was not very bsuy, but the surroundings were pleasant, and the food was good.Special Features:
- Good nonchain in Times Square!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/20/2013As times square is overwhelmed with chains, beer authority is a great alternative. They offer a menu with a lot of variety - plus so many great beer options. Also, the roof deck is nice 'hidden' feature! Such a good alternative to the other options in the neighborhood if you're looking for something casual and 'normal' in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came here for lunch one day.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2013Came here for lunch one day. It wasn't very busy. I had high hopes for the pub/beer grub type of food. I went with the fish and chips. I was disappointed with the batter, it was more corn-dog breadlike than a crunchy, crisp shell. The entree wasn't very hot by the time it go to my table. My friends went with the Pat La Frieda burger at my suggestion and I felt bad when they didn't like it. They requested the meat to be medium but it came way more over done than medium. The bread was also a bit strange, too crusty and dry like day-old or stale bread. I can't vouch for any other food item but if they can't even get a burger right, I don't know about this place. Maybe better as a drinking place than an eating place.Special Features:
- Good 4 beer <3er, but over priced.SecretDinerDined on 5/23/2013The location of this place is beyond terrible, right next to port authority, which is probably one of the sketchiest buildings in midtown west if it's not during rush hour. We came here to grab dinner before a show because it was convenient. We had 2 apps, 4 sandwiches, and an average of 2.5 drinks each. Dinner was over $200!! This is a bar next to port authority. We could eat for less on restaurAnt row in better block of the city. The beer selection was great. With a ton on tap and a ton more bottles. But 4 chicken fingers for $10 is a little steep, especially when the are just frozen and dropped in a deep fryer. Also, the baked potato fries were tasteless, so if you get the brisket sandwich, make sure you switch them for regular fries.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal beer selectionNickVIPDined on 5/13/2013They have a terrific beer selection including a lot that you don't easily find, especially on tap, in NYC. Food was bar food - gastropub is a stretch for sure. Service was fine.Special Features:
- Great beer selection. GoodJohnDDined on 3/28/2013Great beer selection. Good food. Noise level on the loud side.Special Features:
- I was a rattle n' hum regular,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2013I was a rattle n' hum regular, till they got so popular that I couldnt stand the crowds. I mention rattle n' hum as if you look at Beer Authority's list, it'll look quite familiar. Either RnH opened a 2nd bar, or BA ripped them off, either way, it's not a knock, it's an always amazing selection. An amazing selection, AND reservations on Open Table. To me, that's a combo that cant be beat as I know i'll always have a spot.Special Features:
- Came for a beer release party,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Came for a beer release party, otherwise would not have considered. Our server wasn't aware of the fact that the beer being released would be on tap, when I asked her about it her reply was: "these are the beers we have, I've been her all day and I know for a fact!". Despite her rudeness, I politely asked her to double check. Less than 5 minutes later a new beer menu was distributed with 5 new beers on tap. Again, had I not been there specifically for that beer, we would have walked out the door.Special Features:
- Meh. Great, great, beer selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 2/26/2013Meh. Great, great, beer selection but I wouldn't eat there again. Very mediocre pub food.
- Nice midtown find.DaveHVIPDined on 2/17/2013This was a great find. Very nice selection of draft beers. Food was very good as well. I had the buffalo wings which were quite meaty and not too spicy, but just enough.Special Features:
- A great option for an after-workFoodieKVIPDined on 2/7/2013A great option for an after-work drink and burger.Special Features:
- This place is perfect forNicadomiVIPDined on 1/5/2013This place is perfect for those living in NJ and take the bus in & out of Manhattan. The beer selection is extensive and the menu is definitely tailored for the beer drinkers. Love this place!Special Features:
- DEEE-LISH TIMES SQUARE SPOTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Great view of Time Square in the second-floor seating area. Staff was super friendly but not artificially sweet. Good people. Good food. Great beer selection. The Seasonal Brew was awesome! I had the portabello macaroni and cheese - awesome and a huge portion. YUM! Will definitely be back! A little on the noisy side and if it had been packed I bet it would be even more noisy. So that's that.Special Features:
- The place is nice, with aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012The place is nice, with a good atmosphere and a great selection of beers. The weak point was the poor service ...the waitress was not very friendly and she used to take too long to go to our table, even with the place empty. After some time she said in a very rude way the were closing the service. The others employees seemed to be much nicer and friendly.
- The beer selection is amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2012The beer selection is amazing and the food was pretty good as well. The brisket sandwich was great!Special Features: