763 S Rand Road
Lake Zurich, IL 60047Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.beelows.com/
- Phone: 8475400600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch season on our outdoor Patio starting at 11:00 am daily.
Dinner: Sunday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Bar opens daily @ 3:00pm
Outdoor Patio tables are available on a first come first served basis
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Emilio Hernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music in the bar every Friday night starting at 8:00 p.m.
A word from Beelow's Steakhouse
Dan Beelow brings to Lake Zurich, Beelow"s Steakhouse. Featuring the highest quality steaks, slow roasted Prime Rib & absolutely fresh seafood, with many items prepared over our wood grills in the dining room. Offering great value & terrific quality all in a fun lively atmosphere. Don't miss Beelow's "Original rock river bar" in our spacious lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beelow's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- A little expensive. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012A little expensive. Good for special occassions. I had the prome rib. I like it rare and it came out nice and rade. Nice large salad, huge bakes potato. Waiter waqs good - constantly refilling our drinks. I'll go back!Special Features:
- Our waiter was very patientBethKVIPDined on 9/30/2012Our waiter was very patient with my slightly dotty mother in law which I really appreciated.Special Features:
- We have visited Beelow's severalYodaVIPDined on 9/29/2012We have visited Beelow's several times over the past two years. Our server was attentive, and gladly made recommendations when asked(especially dessert). The steaks were equal to any found in mid-range spots in the city of Chicago. The ambiance is nice not high end, but nice. The only reason for this review is $$$. Maybe we have not paid attention, when we have visited with our group of six, but our meal was exceedingly reasonable. We two had several drinks each, shared app, salads/steaks/veggies, shared dessert, and coffee for $ 110.00. A very nice experience at a moderated price. Highly recommend.
- GREAT FIND !!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012I have dined at Beelows many many times. For a special occation or last minute decision to dine at the bar, it has always been an enjoyable evening. Great food and service. For the price, a terrific find !!!! Better than the more expensive resturants we have been to. Love it every time.Special Features:
- Taking the time to make reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Taking the time to make reservations was really worth it. We were seated as soon as we arrived while people waiting were told they had an hour waiting time.
- When we originally startedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012When we originally started going to Beelow's we enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Love the idea that the owners are local. The past few times we've gone there however the service has been terrible. Regularly takes 2 hours to finish a meal. This time the food was not as good as usual either. Too bad...Special Features:
- DullsvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012My fiance and I are are foodies, I am a chef and pretty picky. Had a reservation, were sat right away and server came right over. Wine selection was good and affordable. I ordered the trio special of 4oz. filet, shrimp scampi and crawfish. The filet was the best part, scampi overcooked. I also ordered chicken tortilla soup and was quite disappointed. I had better tortilla soup at Fox and the Hound! The soup had too much tomato flavor, it needed more spice, maybe some sour cream and every tortilla soup should have tortilla strips! Ambience was boring, I could have been in a upscale pancake house. We eat out pretty often, enjoy going to new places. I don't feel the need to go here again.Special Features:
- Everything on the menu lookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Everything on the menu looked wonderful and it was very difficult to decide. The food we ordered was excellent. The server was knowledgeable. It was really, really good. Casual dining, good food, friendly service.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2012My brother and I took my father to Beelow's for his special birthday dinner. From the moment we walked into Beelow's we were treated like a special guest. Our server, George was very informative and recommended several speciality items. The rib-eye steak was great and priced well for the size. Service was prompt, but not rushed. I will be returning to Beelow's and highly recommend.
- mundelein, ilmmcwDined on 9/9/2012Great mea. Everything tasted delicious. The negative - eat too much, no room for the deserts. Great appetizer selection. Not your average steak place. Definately need to go again.Special Features:
- I had a burger with BernaiseBobbieVIPDined on 9/8/2012I had a burger with Bernaise sauce. It was done perfectly with a delicious flavor. My husband had the chicken breats with garlic. It had an unusual taste that was not very tasteful. We would definitely go back aqnd try the steaks.It was a p;leasant meal without being rushed at all.Special Features:
- Always consistently good.chiprDined on 9/7/2012Always consistently good. Service is always good. just a little pricy.Special Features:
- The only complaint I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2012The only complaint I have is we had requested to be put in a quiet area. It was my Dad's 86th birthday and he is hard of hearing. We were seated in the center of the noisy dinning room so that was not ideal. I'm not sure if there is a quieter area but that would have made the experience better.Special Features:
- Great steaks & wonderful outdoorSixpacDined on 8/31/2012Great steaks & wonderful outdoor dining area. Service was good but not great. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding meats - I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Outstanding meats - I had the prime rib and it was done perfectly - medium rare. Shrimp cocktail was a bit overpriced, but the shrimp were huge and fresh. They brought my wife the wrong side, which was corrected in under 3 minutes. Wines moderately priced - mixed drinks from the bar were reasonably priced. Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- When we arrived their wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012When we arrived their was no reservation which was made thru Open Table. Fortunately we were able to be seated. This was a special occasion - our anniversary. We had dined here with friends for my birthday and the food and excellent. The first two courses were fine. The Calamari and the wedge salad with blue cheese and bacon dressing can't be beat. I ordered a glass of red wine to come with my dinner. When the food arrived the server said she would get the wine and disappeard. twice we asked a buser to find our server. I continued to wait on the wine. Finally the server arrived and said she would get the wine. My dinner was cold. The manager comped part of the bill. May be a while before we go back.Special Features:
- Not that speacial place for medrummin2lifeVIPDined on 8/25/2012I wasn't as impressed as the other reviews I've seen. I rate it as good because my girlfriend liked her fish (tilapia). Certainly it wasn't the worst steak I've had, but I just wasn't so impressed. Although my steak was prepared properly, it didn't seem to be a very high quality steak. Perhaps I should have spent the extra $4.00 ($32 vs $28)to get the strip steak that came from their farm, but when I asked the waitress, she had no idea what the difference between that one and the one on the menu was (both 16 oz. strip steaks). I have steak places closer to my home that have better steaks for the same or less money, but I'm always looking for something new . . .
- We had heard great reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012We had heard great reviews of this restaurant and decided to go their to celebrate our anniversary. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent and our waiter, Pablo, did a wonderful job. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- The decor was kind of darkCharlieDined on 8/23/2012The decor was kind of dark and depressing. The waitress should've kept some of her comments to herself. When people go out to celebrate a special occasion, they don't want to hear that their choices are not low fat or that they are not as nutritious as the waitress would've picked. Or that my son shouldn't have been so fussy (as it was his birthday). I don't know where they got this waitress from, but we both found her rather annoying. I would not be going back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- I had the rib eye and I thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012I had the rib eye and I thought it could have been a little thicker. Over all the taste was excellent. Our service was very slow but to give credit it was very busy.We will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent food, reasonablyjeffhDined on 8/18/2012Excellent food, reasonably priced - he best value for good steaks around. Overall very good service, although food delivery a bit slow. Michelle, our server, was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- sorry - took my family thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012sorry - took my family there with an indoor reservation this past Saturday. Waiter nice but must have been too busy - service was poor. Ordered a strip steak - steak was tough and chewy to the point did not care to take remaining home (it was cooked medium). Shrimp was not great. Filet was good but the cost of this and the service and food described caused me to NOT want to return. I expected at least about the same if not better than Outback. However, Outback will get my future business.
- Good Alternative to Ruth's ChrisEugeneGaryDined on 8/16/2012One of our two 8oz medium rare tenderloins was cooked medium and seemed like a 7oz but other than that no complaints at all. Service was pretty good, pretty timely. We liked the fact that it's a bit of an "upscale steakhouse" without quite the same pricing. It's not inexpensive but entrees come with soup or salad and one side, i.e. not everything is ala carte. Including our 3 glasses of wine the bill with gratuity was in the $115 range.Special Features:
- We went on a Wednesday night,KikiDined on 8/15/2012We went on a Wednesday night, so it was quiet. Many diners were outside on the patio; we ate inside. Food good, service excellent.Special Features:
- MY HUSBAND AND I WITH OURANGELDined on 8/11/2012MY HUSBAND AND I WITH OUR BEST FRIENDS WENT TO DINNER AT BEELOW'S FOR THE FIRST TIME AND WE WERE VERY IMPRESSED. THE SERVICE WAS GREAT AND THE FOOD OUTSTANDING. WE ARE PLANNING ON GOING BACK ON THE 26TH OF AUGUST. THEY ARE HAVING A CLASSIC CAR SHOW AND WE HAVE A 64 FORD GALAXIE CONVERTIBLE AND A 64 GALAXIE 2 DOOR HARDTOP. GREAT TIME GOOD PEOPLE AND SERVICE.Special Features:
- The outdoor patio is great.boneeaVIPDined on 8/11/2012The outdoor patio is great. We eat inside as we planned to have a great dinner and wanted more of the comfort seat. I weas looking forward to eating a great steak, which was what they are known for. I was so disappointed on the meat. Paid $36 dollars for a bone in Rib-Eye and it was the toughest piece of meat to cut into. It wa srough and hard to chew. Fish special that my wife had was less then average. I'd say great for easy meals/sandwiches and drinks. Good for drinks on outside patio.Special Features:
- Good food, but was disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2012Good food, but was disappointed by their Lobster Tempura appetizer at $14.95--very skimpy.
- An excellent steakhouse to dine inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012The food from this place was excellent. They have a great menu and drink selection. The service was excellent and I would totally go there again. Of course, it's a steakhouse, so the food is a bit pricey (check their website for prices), but not bad. In the end, it is totally worth the money.Special Features:
- The food was fantastic. ArrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012The food was fantastic. Arrived hot, and cooked perfectly to order. At our table we had a medium rare, a medium, and a medium well. All were exactly as they should be. The service was friendly with additional personal attention from the owner. I would highly recommend Beelow's and will be returning.Special Features:
- There were 5 of us, includingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012There were 5 of us, including a 5 year old and there was something for everyone- the staff was courteous and friendly and we were seated upon arrival- we highly recommend Beelows!Special Features:
- The tenderloin was superbOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2012The tenderloin was superb - add the horshradish and povides a very tasty steak!!Special Features:
- This was our first time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012This was our first time here and we loved it. We have a tight budget but had wonderful food here and great service. We sat outside and loved it. So happy I know of this place now. I have already told friends and family about it.Special Features:
- Bad evening at BeelowsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012I felt bad for the Waiterss who was very good and attentive but the kitchen let her down. One meal came out wrong and it took a long time to re-do the fish correctly. My Bone in Ribeye Had the entire center section of fat which is always a disappointment when you pay around $30.00 for some fat. The cook should have known he was prepairing a substandard piece of meat. Coffee came out cold etc. Things just weren't working that evening. We were there one week before and it was very good so this second trip was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Best steaks Northwest of Chicago.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012Best steaks Northwest of Chicago. Love that the mean is not ala carte!Special Features:
- Beelows is a local gem forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2012Beelows is a local gem for us. You can't get a better steak (or locally raised beef for their burgers) anywhere in the NW burbs unless you want to go corporate like Ruths Chris. Personally, Beelows has better steaks and prices than RC. The outdoor dining is superb with it's retractable roof .... so even a little spinkle will not hinder your dining experience. We go to Beelows often and have never been disappointed with it's service or food. We can't comment on the late night bar scene since we've never experienced it, but I can visualize a fun crowd gathering at the outdoor bar. We did notice a smaller group (8-10) with a few kids which didn't bother us at all. It is a little loud, but that adds to the high-energy field.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & Service...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Excellent Food & Service... We go here for all our special occasions... Can't find a better steak anywhere...There cream garlic salad dressing is outstandingSpecial Features:
- Our Switzerland team enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2012Our Switzerland team enjoyed everything. Its their new favorite steak house in the area.Special Features:
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012Food was good. Service was great. Menu had quality entres with reasonable prices. Celebrated anniversary with my wife. She was delighted and loved the wine suggestion.Special Features:
- Too Little for Too MuchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012The food was "good", meaning average to anyone that has appreciated a good steak house. The meat was no better than I buy in Costco. The bread was about average for the area. The sides were very small (four tablespoons of garlic mashed potatoes on a small plate). For the amount of money spent, any of the suburban franchises (Morton's in Schaumburg, Gibson's in Rosemont, etc.); would have delivered much greater value. As an aside, the pours are pretty short so I wonder this this restaurant is not doing so well financially.Special Features:
- The porch at Beelows SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012The porch at Beelows Steak is covered with a glass roof. The shades on the roof were pulled back after sunset. Two waterfalls, ceiling fans, two large TVs above fireplaces make this an unique restaurant, especially for the Lake Zurich/Deer Park area. Steaks, Chilean Sea Bass, mussels, and wedge salads were our favorites. Porch seating was difficult to get because they don't take reservations for outdoors and the hostesses were difficult. This is our go-to neighbor place.Special Features: