363 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.beechwoodhotel.com/
- Phone: 5087542000
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Beechwood Hotel
The Beechwood Hotel offers superb dining and the perfect place for business or pleasure. Join us for our famous Sunday Brunch. Dont forget to reserve your table for our MOTHERS DAY BRUNCH at the hotel. For BRUNCH reservations please call 508 754 2000. We look forward to your visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beechwood Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
- wellfedbobDined on 4/20/2014The whole experience my family and I had for our Easter Brunch was exceptional. The staff were very attentive and very friendly. The fact that we had a three year old as well as a seven month old did not phase them at all. We initially to no fault of the staff had a minor issue which was sold in under five minutes by this great staff. I must also point out the food was super and of a high quality. We have dined at this location on several occasions for Easter Brunch their regular Sunday Brunch and everyday dining and have never been disappointed. We would and have recommended to others that they try the food out.Special Features:
- DelightfulRavenousRachelDined on 12/8/2013We had scheduled a family dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday and my husband's birthday. We usually go to Via's on a Sunday, but I thought this would be a nice change of pace. To my wonderful delight we entered into a ambiance of Christmas cheer. There was a beautiful tree, a very talented high school chorus singing Christmas carols, and Santa himself. The brunch was excellent. My 7 and 5 year old were able to sit on Santa's lap and take a picture (they printed-out a 5x7 right there!), and we all had a fantastic time. I told my husband that I wanted to celebrate my birthday with family at the Sunday brunch. It's not until April, but we would ideally like to go back sooner. The price is steep for us but it was worth every penny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in TownRuthPDined on 10/27/2013The Sunday Brunch at the Beechwood Hotel is fantastic. It's our go-to place for special occasions. The brunch has everything imaginable with many stations and chefs carving prime rib, pork roast, and making omlets, crepes, etc. to order. The Best Brunch in Worcester. Plenty of seating room for groups too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Beechwood hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2013We had brunch at the Beechwood hotel for Fathers Day and it was very disappointing. Our reservation was at 1:30 and the food was almost gone, Stations were empty and the quality was not good either. We will not go back
- Not quite as good as we rememberedTheaterGoerDined on 6/16/2013This was our first time back to the Beechwood for brunch in a few years. It is a solid choice for a traditional brunch with a lot of breakfast and brunch offerings and good service. However, it didn't have the "wow" factor it did a few years ago. I used to marvel at how well they made large quantities of items such as Eggs Benedict. This visit, the dish was passable, but not perfect: the Hollandaise sauce was still excellent, but the poached eggs were over cooked. We'd probably go back again for a regular Sunday brunch, but not for a holiday such as Mother's Day when the prices are increased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An extensive Sunday brunch,jdeeVIPDined on 5/26/2013An extensive Sunday brunch, ranging from some good salads through breakfast items (sweet rolls and breads are very so-so, but there are some quite good fresh-preparation stations -- crepes, omelettes, meats) to several entrees (including, when we were there, a very good vegetable lasagne) and desserts (an excellent chocolate mousse; cakes and cheesecakes, though, were on the stale and dry side). There are several buffet lines. Altogether, an extensive brunch worth the price.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013This has become my favorite Mother's Day and Easter Brunch spot. Just make sure you book early. They fill up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had Sunday brunch thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2013We had Sunday brunch there and it was wonderful my brother and sister-in-law were our guests. Service was excellent the food very good.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch has gone down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2013Sunday Brunch-Would never go back. Boy has this place gone down hill. The food is set up in the hallways outside the banquet rooms and is nothing special at all. The shrimp were small, wet and tasteless. The prime rib was tough, and they had no au jus, in fact the "chef" when asked, replied, "I don't think so". Every single thing I tried was just so eh. We had a 12:00 reservation and were seated in the over flow room which was literally a large banquet room set up with huge round tables meant for 8, in which they sat parties of 4. No atmosphere to speak of at all. It was depressing. We were in and out in 45 minutes. Thank God we had a gift certificate because it would have been worse if we had to have paid $60 plus for the experience.
- We visited for Easter brunch.KCSanchDined on 3/31/2013We visited for Easter brunch. Excellent selection with carving stations and hot meals in addition to the usual breakfast fare. Our server was a little slow with our drinks and with removing our plates, but it was very busy and we were in no hurry.Special Features:
- Went there for Easter Brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Went there for Easter Brunch. Made a reservation months ago and frequently checked in on their website to view the menu, etc...since the price wasn't posted for Easter Brunch we assumed it would be the same as their Sunday Brunch every week ($27.95). When we arrived and were seated the server informed us that the price was $41.95 that day. The food was ok(not outstanding, especially for that price), the mimosas were warm, and the dessert table was all but barren by the time we were ready for that course. It was an ok experience, but wouldn't go back.
- Great Easter Brunch Yet AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013As usual, the Beechwood did a great job for Easter Brunch. Food was very good by buffet standards and wonderful selections abound. Staffwas very welcoming and helpful. A nice way to mark a holiday meal.Special Features:
- Never go back, horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Went to Easter Brunch. When I booked it said "Children 5 and under free" when we got there we were told our 3 yr old was free but not our 5 yr old, okay whatever. The food was good but the service was horrible. At one point when trying to get milk for our boys we did not see our server for 50 minutes! When the bill came we were in shock as we booked at Adults: $27.95 each and were charged $107! We were able to change the adult charges but still charged $16.99 for our 5 year old. So we left thinking everything was taken care of. 3 days later when checking our bank statement online we noticed the charge was $115.00 Server added on another $27 in tip after we had already tipped!Special Features:
- My husband and I enjoyed ourselvesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013My husband and I enjoyed ourselves very much. It was our first time there and I would recommend it to others. I hope I to return.Special Features:
- I love going here and my familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2012I love going here and my family loves going here. The food is AMAZING!!! The desserts are to die for an everyone there will bend over backwards to get you what you need. I can't say enough about how great the beechwood hotel is!Special Features:
- We attended for a prix fixeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We attended for a prix fixe Thanksgiving luncheon. Each item was carefully prepared, not too large portions, and a well-rounded menu. We ate in a large, banquet-style dining room where there were few other guests (we were eating on the early side). The service was excellent in every respect. All in all, the food and ambience afforded us an occasion to be together as family and remember how lucky we are. The quality of the menu was consistent with the price charged--$39 for a five-course dinner. I would also say that there are very few opportunities in Worcester, MA to experience fine dining--believe me, we've tried. This comes very close to giving that opportunity.Special Features:
- Have gone to bruch there often,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Have gone to bruch there often, last New Years stayed in hotel.Always a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Cold brunch for $30 per plateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012If you go for brunch go to the upstairs restaurant, not the brunch. $30 per plate for brunch and the food was all cold. They have people there making hot crepes and omlettes which were hot but everything else was cold. Beautiful hotel though and if we go again will go to the upstairs part.
- Both times I've attended yourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012Both times I've attended your Sunday Brunch its been a very pleasurable experience. It will definitely be a place I return to.Special Features:
- YUMMY YUMMY FOOD! But ........OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2012This was our 1st time to the Sun. brunch. The food is excellent and a great value. The buffet set up is in the downstairs main hallway between conference rooms so that all rooms have access to the buffet. Since the brunch is so popular there are people waiting to be seated & people stopping in the middle of the hallway to chat making it crowded and difficult to politely maneuver to the buffet tables. There is quite a variety of food to choose from including sushi! However it would have been nice if the hot trays were checked more often to see if they needed to be refilled with more food. We went back to certain foods a few times to find that the trays were empty. Since the food is so good, we won't let those issues stop us from going back.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch at the BeechwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012Sunday Brunch at the Beechwood is truly a special occasion. We were there recently to celebrate a significant birthday. The service staff was outstanding--very professional, attentive and friendly. Food was excellent--more than ample selection and variety for everyone's taste. Food station staff also were very personable. Great value for the price!Special Features:
- The layout is always extravagant.NicoleVIPDined on 6/10/2012The layout is always extravagant. The food is always great. Service is usually above average.
- The food choices for Mother'sChadbflVIPDined on 5/13/2012The food choices for Mother's Day brunch were amazing. They had everything the usual brunch spots had, plus a Crepe station, seafood bar and prime rib carving station. Really a great selection and the quality was fantastic. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Huge selection and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2012Huge selection and great service for a buffet. Seating was promptSpecial Features:
- We did a ladies brunch hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/29/2012We did a ladies brunch here and had a fabulous time! The food selections were great and everything tasted fresh. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2012Had a wonderful time! Great selection, great service - number 1 brunch place in Worcester!Special Features:
- Brunch is where it's atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2012Greetet immediately by knowledgeable & friendly staff. Beautiful bar, nice outdoor area.This visit: Large open brunch room with food outside the dining area. I was never without coffee. Quality food and quality service. I'll be back at least once a month.Special Features:
- We were very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2012We were very impressed with the amount of selections for brunch. Had a great time with my wife. We will definitely be back :)Special Features:
- Great brunchBoztelDined on 3/25/2012Excellent Sunday Brunch. Our annual trip to the brunch never disappoints.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2012Everything was great our guests enjoyed themselves. Food selection was awesome.Special Features:
- We celebrated Valentines aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2012We celebrated Valentines a little early at brunch on Sunday. We were seated in the "Chapel" which was a way from the serving line, but very private. Good choices of food, although no scrambled eggs for adults (I supposed the omlet guys could have made me scrambled eggs). The strawberry trifle for dessert was excellent!Special Features:
- Although there seemed to beOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/12/2012Although there seemed to be less offerings this time, the brunch is worth a try. This was the first time, after about 8 to 10 visits, that there was not a beef offering on the meat cutting station. Although my omelet was great, the omelet chef did seem to be having a problem with the heat in his pans. The Crepe and Belgium Waffle were awesome. The Chocolate Mousse is great but I missed their usual Carrot Cake! Tha wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- Christmas BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/25/2011The food was very good, fresh and hot. I had read some reviews from Thanksgiving and was a bit concerned. My husband and I had started with omlettes that were excellent. The bacon was particularly good, nice and crisp. We continued with some traditional dinner choices that were also very excellent. The carving station had beef and lamb. Both were excellent. My sister and mother were there also and enjoyed some of the many brunch offerings with pleasure. We were given complementrary bloody Mary's which were very good. I would go there again. The service was particularly good.Special Features:
- We met for a girls brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/27/2011We met for a girls brunch and the food selection was fantastic! And the servers were extermely courteous and friendly. Would definitely go back, worth the trip!Special Features:
- Not quite what we expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011Not quite what we expected. The food was plentiful, but nothing notable that I would go there for again. Appetizers were pretty dried out, bisque was cold, salad was good, we waited a very long time for the main course, for which the waitress apologized several times. The quantity of food in the main course was large, but had started getting cold, so it wasn't all that enjoyable. My prime rib was on the dry side, as if it had been sitting in a warmer for a while. For the price I have fed four people at other restaurants and have got much better quality for my money. For the first time ever I was actually reluctant to leave a tip, but did because it would not have been fair to penalize the waitress.
- It was rather bland. No holidayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011It was rather bland. No holiday atmosphere whatsoever. Large amount of food but it was cold. Not something I would repeat.
- The food was delicious, everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2011The food was delicious, everything was hot and well prepared. We visited the weekend of the October snowstorm and was amazed at how together everything was, great to have a hot meal and a warm place to dine.Special Features:
- Not the same experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2011Went to Sunday brunch and Thought it was over priced and unimaginative This was our second time there for bruch and definitely was not the same experience as the first time. Servers at buffet disinterested and to busy chatting amongs themselvesSpecial Features:
- Hostess wasn't there to greetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2011Hostess wasn't there to greet ... was rude ... couldn't find reservation. Food was picked over and not refreshed for the very expensive brunch. Waste of time and money.
- The Mother's Day brunch wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011The Mother's Day brunch was delicious! The crepes, made to order, were the highlight!Special Features: