Bedford Village Inn
2 Olde Bedford Way
Bedford, NH 03110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bedford Village Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bedfordvillageinn.com/new-hampshire-restaurants/dining-room/index.cfm
- Phone: 6034722001x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 8:00am-10:30am
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Corks- 4:30pm - 11:00pm Wed-Sun
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Friday -5:30pm - 9:00pm; Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Knack
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bedford Village Inn
Bedford Village Inn features fresh, regional cuisine in 7 unique dining rooms. The property also features a hip winebar, Corks, and a casual Tavern to fit any dining mood. The restaurant has been a AAA Four Diamond recipient for 18 years; DIRoNA winner since 1996; named Best Restaurant in NH and one of the Top 10 in the US. They offer the largest Wine Cellar in NH, over 8,000 bottles/750 labels and have received the 'Best of Award of Excellence'. All reservations are strictly for the Dining Room. Corks, Tavern and the Patio are seated on a first come first served basis. Visit our website for complete information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bedford Village Inn - Best Restaurants in Bedford, NH ›
Bedford Village Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)romantic (40)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (14)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (11)scenic view (6)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- DesertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The apple souffle, which was good, was really apple bread pudding!Special Features:
- Will Definitely Go BackOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The food was nothing short of amazing. We shared the crab cake appetizer and it was delicious! My husband said they were the best crab cakes he's ever had. For our main courses, I had butter poached lobster which was to die for. It was so tender and flavorful. I also had the Fall Sangria which was wonderful. My husband had steak (a filet, I think) and it was also very good. It was cooked perfectly and very tender. The only negative was the noise level. We were seated in a room with a few tables, and the diners at one table were very loud and obnoxious. The manager asked if we wanted to move, but our dinners had already been served. We thought the manager should have asked them politely to tone it down. It was just a fluke, but annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of New England's BestlittlehideandseekDined on 10/11/2014We never pass up a reason to dine at the BVI and this past Columbus Day holiday was no exception. My brother who dines all over the world absolutely loves the BVI and always looks forward to it whenever he has occasion to be in New Hampshire. As always, this last visit didn't disappoint. The clam chowder was a wonderful start to the meal, but the pork chop special was amazing! We absolutely love the fire pit addition and the outdoor music. What a perfect place to spend a beautiful, crisp fall evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The food and service was exceptional. We (4 of us) ate in a small intimate room, with 6 tables. The waiter was friendly and well versed in the food and wines.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent service, great food and very nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is a gem!likedining12Dined on 9/28/2014We met long time friends and the inn was very accommodating to our needs. Our fifth visit and have never been disappointed. Our server was terrific and was patient and very attentive. She was so well trained. The food was delicious and was such a nice presentation. Our burgers and salmon plate were just delicious. The ambiance was relaxed and charmingSpecial Features:
- NancyAAVIPDined on 9/26/2014The landscaping of the Bedford Village Inn is meticulous. Such a lovely spot for dining on the Porch especially this time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014We have been going here every year for our anniversary, this was our 25th year. This year was disappointing not due the the resteraunt but to other customers behavior. We had 2 separate tables near us in the dining who we're using some crude language and were very loud which we found very shocking as we have never experienced this before at BVI.Special Features:
- Never disappointsBigguynashuaDined on 9/19/2014Another great time at the BVI. As always excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food CommentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014High price for mediocre food although the clam chowder was very goodSpecial Features:
- Exquisite in every way!SuperdollDined on 9/4/2014We have loved the BVI for quite a while for its exquisite culinary masterpieces as well as unmatched service in a great ambiance. We had a fantastic server, Jim who truly exceeded any expectations by providing a superb experience in every single detail! One of the best, most thorough and by far very knowledgeable and polite. Even so, we missed Luis, but Jim made it easier to cope. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MmmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Outdoor door dining and a dollar an oyster...great menu and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionjstreezDined on 8/22/2014We frequent BVI whenever we have a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary. Once in a while, we just go because we feel like having a nice meal like the other night. I loved my lobster dish and my husband enjoyed his filet mignon, although it was a bit underdone for him. The wait staff is efficient and very professional. Over all, very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bevelleDined on 8/21/2014Simply wonderful in every respect. A true gem in fine dining!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion spotDivotDined on 8/18/2014Great meal with a granddaughter for a special occasion! Food is almost always good at the BVI. I was disappointed they didn't have scallops on the menu, but was told they will show up in the new fall menu.Special Features:
- ExcellentRickNHDined on 8/4/2014This was our anniversary and everything was perfect. The food service and atmosphere was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Samgabhump1Dined on 8/2/2014We truly enjoyed the atmosphere , service and fabulous food. It was one of the best meals we have ever had in a restaurant . We are looking forward to a return visit!Special Features:
- Anniversary delightDinearound603Dined on 7/30/2014We were married at the BVI and went back for dinner on our 10th Aniv. We mentioned that in our reservation. We were impressed as usual with the food ( we are foodies) but the attention paid to us was outstanding. We dined on the patio and had one of the most enjoyable evenings of the summer. Thanks to the chef and staff at the BVI.Special Features:
- HardtopleaseDined on 7/25/2014Made my daughters Birthday very special. Service was superb, food was excellent and the special touches they di for her Birthday were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another visit to an old friendCrossenDined on 7/23/2014We come here frequently, and we always say the same things: best white-tablecloth spot within 40 miles (Boston is 45 miles from us!). Too expensive to add to the "regular" list, but just a very satisfying old-country-inn setting with haute-cuisine kitchen and service experience. We'll be back, of course, as soon as we have more visitors to show it off to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinner - We recommend itRLPameDined on 7/23/2014Had relatives in town from far away, I was looking for a quite spot where I could get good food, excellent service and a place where we could sit and talk with feel like you were going to be pushed out for the next customer and the Bedford Village in was the perfect spot! The server was attentive but not on you every minute trying to take your order, he was friendly and helpful. The food was simply amazing my wife and I had duck and my family member had the lobster they loved it. My relatives had a cup of clam chowder in the words of my uncle “the best he has ever had”. The wine selection was perfect lots of selection at all price levels. The breads they brought to our table were excellent. We all share desert which was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HynzeeDined on 7/18/2014We had dinner on the patio outside of the main dining room. Food and service were both great and the ambiance would have been fantsatic if it wasn't from the traffic noise. Not much you can do about the traffic noise. The Bedford Inn was probably there long before the highway was. Our highlight was before dinner. As a guest of the Inn we were treated to a glass of wine and a cheese plate in the Wine Bar before dinner. The wine bar is very nice itself and the winre and cheese plate were very special. Thanks to the Bedfors for such a great idea!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reallynotpickyDined on 7/11/2014food a bit disappointing. rating: ehhhh. especially for the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, top-drawer, nearbyCrossenDined on 7/11/2014The great old BVI is still by far the best nearby "white-tablecloth" place to go for special occasions and to entertain guests. Beautiful old New England Inn setting; operated with elegance. We keep going back and loving it every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAK19Dined on 7/9/2014Always a treat to have dinner at the BVI. The quality of the food and presentation are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!REMBODined on 7/3/2014Best place to eat in the region. Great service too. The BVI is the go to place to take your favorite person without the kids of course. This is my new best restaurant, thank you BVISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Samgabhump1Dined on 6/29/2014The ambiance ,food, wine and service were amazing. We truly enjoyed our dining experience! We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually slow service this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2014I had requested a round table but it wasn't available. The service was unusually slow, but we had plenty to talk about so it wasn't a problem. We have dined here many times, and this the first time service was slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerluvdiningoutDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I made reservations for a Saturday night. we requested the Porch.It is nice and bright and has many windows so you can see outdoors. It was a beautiful night and after dinner we asked if we could finish our drinks outside. they were having a wedding going on there that night also. So we could hear music playing while we finished our drinks. The waiter,Tony came and brought our check and also brought us some goodies and a piece of chocolate with Happy Anniversary written on it. Nice touch. The food was amazing,and the service outstanding. the manager was also around making sure things were going smooth. Everyone who works there makes you feel special and goes out of their way for you.Great place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BVI5StarsDined on 6/28/2014We love the BVI! We've brought different people there over the years and every single person raved about the food. My favorite is the lamb but it's hard to know when it will be on the menu (my one and only complaint). My husband can not make up his mind what he loves the best, salmon or chicken. This last visit I had the duck, Oo la la can I say more?Special Features:
- GreggGrtfoodDined on 6/26/2014The waitress, food, wine,everything was as goods as it could be.Special Features:
- The following 563 reviews are from the Bedford Village Inn reviews archive.
- "Local" best of breedCrossenDined on 6/22/2014There really isn't a place comparable to the old-reliable BVI within reasonable driving distance from us. When we want to entertain a guest, or celebrate a milestone passed, or just give ourselves a treat, it's either the BVI, 23 minutes away, or head in toward Boston, 45 to 60 minutes' drive -- and sometimes deal with annoying parking complications -- for anything better. BVI does offer more than one ambiance. The above ratings are for their small, quiet "Keeping Room." Larger rooms tend to be noisier, and there's outdoor seating, and a tavern as well, which are much more casual for dress and for ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion SpotmomsnightoutDined on 6/21/2014Good atmosphere, good drinks, good food, expensive for a typical night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarilynDined on 6/16/2014The Bedford Village Inn is our "go to" for a romantic dinner or a special dinner with friends. The food is consistently good and the service is excellent. You must have their chocolate bag dessert!Special Features:
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014We received Anthony as our waiter and we were less than pleased about our visit. He kept coughing everytime he was at our table, and he dripped water all over the menu when pouring the water, to top everything off he dropped a knife with butter on my shirt and I now have a grease stain that will not come out. Anthony did not even seem apologetic about it. This is the second time we have had him as a waiter and have been displeased both times. As a result, we will not be returning and our daughter has decided not to have her wedding there.Special Features:
- Awesome DinnerPapaDined on 6/14/2014I took my wife here to celebrate a very special birthday. It was perfect. The staff is extremely attentive. The food is fabuluous. And, the wine list was superb. I would recommend BVI highly for any special occasion.Special Features:
- MerrimackFansDined on 6/13/2014Need a date night date chose BVI Need a world class meal chose BVI Want a NH atmosphere chose BVI Demand exceptional service BVI has you covered. 2 days later I am still smiling about my experience at Bedford Village Inn. For all you Gordon Ramsay fans. Ben Knack BVIs head chef (Hells Kitchen contestant) is the real deal. 10/10! Went to try his food and will be back again. Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Bedford Village InnAJM501Dined on 6/8/2014is my absolutely favorite place for breakfast, lunch or dinner even in the tavern. If you want to take some one special to a very special place the BVI in Bedford NH is the place to go. For the ladies, there is an awesome boutique called "Smittens" that is a must shop after your dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary experienceFine2dineDined on 6/6/2014We went for our anniversary celebration for a second consecutive year after having a great dining experience. Again, this year, we were very pleased with the food, service and ambiance for a second consecutive personal celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantPickyDinerDined on 5/31/2014Great food, extensive wine list, and a knowledgeable and attentive server - could not have been better. This was my first visit to Bedford Village Inn - I'll be back!Special Features: