Bedford Village Inn
2 Olde Bedford Way
Bedford, NH 03110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bedford Village Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bedfordvillageinn.com/new-hampshire-restaurants/dining-room/index.cfm
- Phone: (603) 472-2001
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 8:00am-10:30am
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Corks- 4:30pm - 11:00pm Wed-Sun
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Friday -5:30pm - 9:00pm; Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Knack
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bedford Village Inn
Bedford Village Inn features fresh, regional cuisine in 7 unique dining rooms. The property also features a hip winebar, Corks, and a casual Tavern to fit any dining mood. The restaurant has been a AAA Four Diamond recipient for 18 years; DIRoNA winner since 1996; named Best Restaurant in NH and one of the Top 10 in the US. They offer the largest Wine Cellar in NH, over 8,000 bottles/750 labels and have received the 'Best of Award of Excellence'. All reservations are strictly for the Dining Room. Corks, Tavern and the Patio are seated on a first come first served basis. Visit our website for complete information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bedford Village Inn - Best Restaurants in Bedford, NH ›
Bedford Village Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (40)notable wine list (35)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (15)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Food and Friendly Staff.ChileDined on 11/15/2014Very nice room and wait staff. We liked the updated menu and they still kept the Chocolate Box to end the dinner. The food was really good and the staff kept our table clean. We started with three cheese choices with honey, then some good appts. The main meals were really good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, service and atmosphere!ChrisDined on 11/14/2014This is a wonderful restaurant, very "classic New England" - very good value as well and an outstanding wine list. The 240z bone-in Rib-eye was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningDJMattDined on 11/11/2014If you need a romantic night out in NH, this is a fantastic choice. Great service and presentation with attention to detail.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014This is the second time I've been to BVI; the first was for dinner and the second for lunch. I loved the food, service, atmosphere both times, and would go to the BVI for any special occasion! And even for a regular lunch with friends! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure what happenedhughrpDined on 11/2/2014A bit of a disappointment. I have had many meals here and always been impressed by the food, service and ambiance. Brunch had the ambiance, but the service was very slow and unattentive. The food was just okay. Not remarkable in a good way which was a surprise. I think I will stick with dinners for my next meal there.Special Features:
- I would recommend.BrianDined on 10/31/201416 Annivwrsary. Outstanding service. The food was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2014I needed a quite lunch place for an important business discussion with a visiting VIP. Good ambiance, great food and stellar service were required and the Bedford Village Inn did not disappoint. Can fully recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirgsVIPDined on 10/26/2014Wanted to try the limited time offer of Local Harvest Dinner menu. 3 courses for $39 or $45 if you still had room for a 4th course of dessert - a very good deal as the portions were just the right amount. One diner started with pumpkin bisque, followed by kale and Brussels sprout salad and finishing with the catch of the day selection, baked cod. All courses were delicious but very rich! Companion dined on the other offering on the menu - orecchetti pasta, spinach salad, and pork loin dinner. All courses very elegantly presented and almost looked too pretty to eat, but we managed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menu optionsAjluccheseDined on 10/26/2014The menu was not a good one, in that the food choices were limited and it was very costly for two people who did not drink alcohol. I will not recommend this restaurant to people in the future, we were very disappointed.Special Features:
- Sunday Dinner at the Bedford InnBostonianDined on 10/19/2014We enjoyed delicious crab cakes, French onion soup, the salmon dish and dessert. Everything was superb, including the ambiance and service.Special Features:
- DesertCrustyDined on 10/18/2014The apple souffle, which was good, was really apple bread pudding!Special Features:
- Will Definitely Go BackMrsMcKDined on 10/18/2014The food was nothing short of amazing. We shared the crab cake appetizer and it was delicious! My husband said they were the best crab cakes he's ever had. For our main courses, I had butter poached lobster which was to die for. It was so tender and flavorful. I also had the Fall Sangria which was wonderful. My husband had steak (a filet, I think) and it was also very good. It was cooked perfectly and very tender. The only negative was the noise level. We were seated in a room with a few tables, and the diners at one table were very loud and obnoxious. The manager asked if we wanted to move, but our dinners had already been served. We thought the manager should have asked them politely to tone it down. It was just a fluke, but annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of New England's BestlittlehideandseekDined on 10/11/2014We never pass up a reason to dine at the BVI and this past Columbus Day holiday was no exception. My brother who dines all over the world absolutely loves the BVI and always looks forward to it whenever he has occasion to be in New Hampshire. As always, this last visit didn't disappoint. The clam chowder was a wonderful start to the meal, but the pork chop special was amazing! We absolutely love the fire pit addition and the outdoor music. What a perfect place to spend a beautiful, crisp fall evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The food and service was exceptional. We (4 of us) ate in a small intimate room, with 6 tables. The waiter was friendly and well versed in the food and wines.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent service, great food and very nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is a gem!likedining12Dined on 9/28/2014We met long time friends and the inn was very accommodating to our needs. Our fifth visit and have never been disappointed. Our server was terrific and was patient and very attentive. She was so well trained. The food was delicious and was such a nice presentation. Our burgers and salmon plate were just delicious. The ambiance was relaxed and charmingSpecial Features:
- NancyAAVIPDined on 9/26/2014The landscaping of the Bedford Village Inn is meticulous. Such a lovely spot for dining on the Porch especially this time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014We have been going here every year for our anniversary, this was our 25th year. This year was disappointing not due the the resteraunt but to other customers behavior. We had 2 separate tables near us in the dining who we're using some crude language and were very loud which we found very shocking as we have never experienced this before at BVI.Special Features:
- Never disappointsBigguynashuaDined on 9/19/2014Another great time at the BVI. As always excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food CommentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014High price for mediocre food although the clam chowder was very goodSpecial Features:
- Exquisite in every way!SuperdollDined on 9/4/2014We have loved the BVI for quite a while for its exquisite culinary masterpieces as well as unmatched service in a great ambiance. We had a fantastic server, Jim who truly exceeded any expectations by providing a superb experience in every single detail! One of the best, most thorough and by far very knowledgeable and polite. Even so, we missed Luis, but Jim made it easier to cope. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MmmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Outdoor door dining and a dollar an oyster...great menu and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionjstreezDined on 8/22/2014We frequent BVI whenever we have a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary. Once in a while, we just go because we feel like having a nice meal like the other night. I loved my lobster dish and my husband enjoyed his filet mignon, although it was a bit underdone for him. The wait staff is efficient and very professional. Over all, very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bevelleDined on 8/21/2014Simply wonderful in every respect. A true gem in fine dining!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion spotDivotDined on 8/18/2014Great meal with a granddaughter for a special occasion! Food is almost always good at the BVI. I was disappointed they didn't have scallops on the menu, but was told they will show up in the new fall menu.Special Features:
- ExcellentRickNHDined on 8/4/2014This was our anniversary and everything was perfect. The food service and atmosphere was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Samgabhump1Dined on 8/2/2014We truly enjoyed the atmosphere , service and fabulous food. It was one of the best meals we have ever had in a restaurant . We are looking forward to a return visit!Special Features:
- The following 578 reviews are from the Bedford Village Inn reviews archive.
- Anniversary delightDinearound603Dined on 7/30/2014We were married at the BVI and went back for dinner on our 10th Aniv. We mentioned that in our reservation. We were impressed as usual with the food ( we are foodies) but the attention paid to us was outstanding. We dined on the patio and had one of the most enjoyable evenings of the summer. Thanks to the chef and staff at the BVI.Special Features:
- HardtopleaseDined on 7/25/2014Made my daughters Birthday very special. Service was superb, food was excellent and the special touches they di for her Birthday were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another visit to an old friendCrossenDined on 7/23/2014We come here frequently, and we always say the same things: best white-tablecloth spot within 40 miles (Boston is 45 miles from us!). Too expensive to add to the "regular" list, but just a very satisfying old-country-inn setting with haute-cuisine kitchen and service experience. We'll be back, of course, as soon as we have more visitors to show it off to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinner - We recommend itRLPameDined on 7/23/2014Had relatives in town from far away, I was looking for a quite spot where I could get good food, excellent service and a place where we could sit and talk with feel like you were going to be pushed out for the next customer and the Bedford Village in was the perfect spot! The server was attentive but not on you every minute trying to take your order, he was friendly and helpful. The food was simply amazing my wife and I had duck and my family member had the lobster they loved it. My relatives had a cup of clam chowder in the words of my uncle “the best he has ever had”. The wine selection was perfect lots of selection at all price levels. The breads they brought to our table were excellent. We all share desert which was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HynzeeDined on 7/18/2014We had dinner on the patio outside of the main dining room. Food and service were both great and the ambiance would have been fantsatic if it wasn't from the traffic noise. Not much you can do about the traffic noise. The Bedford Inn was probably there long before the highway was. Our highlight was before dinner. As a guest of the Inn we were treated to a glass of wine and a cheese plate in the Wine Bar before dinner. The wine bar is very nice itself and the winre and cheese plate were very special. Thanks to the Bedfors for such a great idea!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reallynotpickyDined on 7/11/2014food a bit disappointing. rating: ehhhh. especially for the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, top-drawer, nearbyCrossenDined on 7/11/2014The great old BVI is still by far the best nearby "white-tablecloth" place to go for special occasions and to entertain guests. Beautiful old New England Inn setting; operated with elegance. We keep going back and loving it every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAK19Dined on 7/9/2014Always a treat to have dinner at the BVI. The quality of the food and presentation are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!REMBODined on 7/3/2014Best place to eat in the region. Great service too. The BVI is the go to place to take your favorite person without the kids of course. This is my new best restaurant, thank you BVISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Samgabhump1Dined on 6/29/2014The ambiance ,food, wine and service were amazing. We truly enjoyed our dining experience! We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually slow service this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2014I had requested a round table but it wasn't available. The service was unusually slow, but we had plenty to talk about so it wasn't a problem. We have dined here many times, and this the first time service was slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerluvdiningoutDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I made reservations for a Saturday night. we requested the Porch.It is nice and bright and has many windows so you can see outdoors. It was a beautiful night and after dinner we asked if we could finish our drinks outside. they were having a wedding going on there that night also. So we could hear music playing while we finished our drinks. The waiter,Tony came and brought our check and also brought us some goodies and a piece of chocolate with Happy Anniversary written on it. Nice touch. The food was amazing,and the service outstanding. the manager was also around making sure things were going smooth. Everyone who works there makes you feel special and goes out of their way for you.Great place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BVI5StarsDined on 6/28/2014We love the BVI! We've brought different people there over the years and every single person raved about the food. My favorite is the lamb but it's hard to know when it will be on the menu (my one and only complaint). My husband can not make up his mind what he loves the best, salmon or chicken. This last visit I had the duck, Oo la la can I say more?Special Features: