Bedford Social Club - Roanoke
124 S Bridge St
Bedford, VA 24523Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bedford Social Club - Roanoke
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bedfordsocialclub.com/Home_Page.html
- Phone: 5405869454
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tues - Fri 11:30 - 2pm
Dinner Wednesday - Saturday 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On or off premises
A word from Bedford Social Club - Roanoke
Prime steaks, fresh seafood, eclectic and innovative specials, extensive wine list, full bar all topped off with impeccable service. You will find all this and more at The Bedford Social ClubContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bedford Social Club - Roanoke reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (7)special occasion (5)good for groups (4)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- NOISY!foodieDined on 9/24/2014The food is really good but forget about conversation. My husband and I have had dinner here several times and we do enjoy the food but be prepared to yell at each other if you want to talk. Service is friendly and good----not great. Wine list is decent and affordable. All and all we will try again as the menu is interesting. Also, the "date night" special is a great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bedfor Social Club was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014My husband and I visited Bedford for the Horse and Hound wine festival and dined at The Bedford Social Club. The service and the food was excellent. I had the Shrimp and Grits which is one of my favorite dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichVIPDined on 7/10/2014If you have not been to the Bedford Social Club you are missing out on a great meal. The menu is always changing, the choices are excellent, the service is the best, the food is always delicious. It is really great for just 2 or for a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBillVIPDined on 7/5/2014We've never been disappointed and the staff is nothing short of fantastic. They really want you to enjoy your meal and the time you spend with them.Special Features:
- 40yearsDined on 6/19/2014Tuna is one of best I've had anywhere, and if I could have that gazpacho every day, I'd be vegetarian.Special Features:
- Great restaurantDidiDined on 6/6/2014We hd dinner there two nights in a row. Food was very good and service very friendly and efficient. It is a gem of a find in a small town noted for the DDay Memorial, a must see. Would highly recommend it to anyone passing through Bedford VaSpecial Features:
- Great Dinner!CapsFanDined on 6/4/2014Bedford Social Club has a great menu and the food is prepared exceptionally well! Their "Date Night" menu is a great deal and the eligible entrees are nearly the entire menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 39 reviews are from the Bedford Social Club - Roanoke reviews archive.
- date nightDinefire111Dined on 5/2/2014Very nice place to go for date night, the food is outstanding, The ambiance could use some work, but no biggie.Special Features:
- A great night out...BillVIPDined on 4/19/2014The service is great and the food excellent. This location is well worth the trip from Smith Mountain Lake, we'll make this trip again and again. The Landing and Blackwater have nothing on the Bedford Social club.Special Features:
- Great foodHis381VIPDined on 4/17/2014If great food is the reason you patronize a restaurant then Bedford Social Club is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was Excellent!pbrimerDined on 3/6/2014We took another couple to "Date Night" and had a great meal as usual. This restaurant is a Gem! The menu is varied and the meals are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best idea we've had in a long time.BillVIPDined on 2/15/2014Wonderful experience! Normally we enjoy a quiet night out but the Bedford Social Club may have changed our minds. A lively, everyone know everyone place; it gives you a feeling that your at "Cheers." The wait staff was great and made us feel at home right away. The mushroom soup was excellent and should be an automatic request for everyone. The stuffed pork chop was perfectly cooked and the grits served with it were fantastic. Don't be in a hurry, just sit back and enjoy the night (it's worth it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Day 2014TandalDined on 2/14/2014I actually had two dates for Valentine.. My wife of 12 years and a long time friend who was in-town for business. The setting was very comfortable - somehow encompassing both casual and upscale. The food was excellent .... among us we had beef wellington, stuffed porkchops, and shrimp on grits (which my wife would fight over). Everything was delicious!!! As far as the wine, I was the designated driver, so I don't personally know, but the ladies certainly had no problem draining the bottle. The dessert options, which I also abstained from, seemed to be excellent, based on the snorting sounds of the ladies. My possible only compliant (on a cold snowy night) would be that the men's room didn't seem to be part of the same heating system.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentHis381VIPDined on 1/30/2014Bedford Social Club is our favorite restaurant in the area. Staff is always knowledgeable and courteous. Food is outstanding and always innovative. Never tiresome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistancyRichVIPDined on 1/24/2014Bedford Social club has been a great place to go for a meal. They are always changing the menu to give you more choice. There staff is amazing - always, always very happy, polite, helpful, friendly efficient. attentive. I can't say enough about comfortable they make you feel while you are at the restaurant. The food is terrific and they will accommodate you special needs. If you have not been there just try it! You will fo back a second time and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!TaylorDined on 11/20/2013I always thought this was an acutal "club" where it required a membership or something to come to. But it's not, and I am so glad!!! Date night deal is AWESOME, absoultely a perfect set up and the food is just ---- it's just..... --- I'm speechless!!!! WONDERFUL PLACE!! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding placeGaryDined on 8/17/2013Have been here several times and each time the food and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I have eaten hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2013My wife and I have eaten here twice, and enjoyed it both times. The service is outstanding. I think the steaks are very good quality but need more seasoning. The Ceasar salad and desserts are their strongest points in terms of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service-- some of the best ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/8/2013This was our first visit to this restaurant and the staff was just wonderful--right from the time we walked in the door. The menu had a limited number of selections--but plenty for anyone to find something they would like. The food was very good and plentiful. We left with a box--with enough for lunch the next day! We will plan to go back again and take friends with us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meal was very good. AllOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2013Our meal was very good. All four of us got something different and we were all very pleased. Delicious and well prepared food.Special Features:
- The service was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2013The service was excellent, but we happened to be the only guests eating in the restaurant at the time (5:30 pm on a Saturday). The grouper was very good and also the strip steak; however the steak could have used more flavor. I added salt and pepper at the table and it improved quite a bit.Special Features:
- Very good food, and very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Very good food, and very good service. It was a little noisy to be considered romantic. We will definately return on another special occasion.Special Features:
- The absolute best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012The absolute best restaurant in the area! Cannot say enough good things :) The food is always incredible and everyone makes you feel special when there.Special Features:
- The service and food at theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/29/2012The service and food at the Bedford Social Club is outstanding. Sauces, dressings, etc. are all home made. The variety is excellent. The weekly "Date Night" is an outstanding concept and very cost effective.Special Features:
- Unhappy BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012It was my wife's birthday. She loves lamb and was happy to see it on the menu only to have her hopes dashed as they were out of the lamb. She ordered scallops and I ordered a medium rare strip steak, both with asparagus and a wedge salad. We also ordered the cheese fritters to split. The fritters were overlooked with no cheese inside. My strip was well done and was sent back for another. The replacement was cooked right but was full of gristle. The scallops were the lone star of the night. Both entrees came with greasy stir fry as they also ran out of asparagus. We skipped dessert and left our one and only visit to the Bedford Social Club disappointed.
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012Great food and great service in a no-rush atmosphere.Special Features:
- What a GEM!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012One of my absolutely favorite places! So glad we found this restaurant! Food is amazing and the staff is some of the best around!! Cannot wait to go back!!Special Features:
- We had a very good waitress,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012We had a very good waitress, who spent alot of time with us explaining specials, the restaurant, wine list, etc. She was very good and very attentive. We will return there for another meal next month.Special Features:
- Ate there 2 nights, both wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Ate there 2 nights, both were great. If you go for a special occasion and let them know when you make your reservation, the menu has your name printed at the top. All of the food was very good, service was spot on, without being overbearing. Decor is more of a art deco for me, but I am old school, still has the old metal tiles in the ceiling. A top flight restaurant in a small town.Special Features:
- This is a very personableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2012This is a very personable place where people are genuinely glad you came. The food and service are outstanding. The sauces and dressings are prepared at the restaurant. The food is outstanding. Their "Date Night Thursday" is an outstanding value.Special Features:
- Very friendly and a nice menu.SmlmarinerDined on 9/15/2012Very friendly and a nice menu. A great spot for before the theater. A little slow bring dessert and the final check.
- We had dinner here for theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2012We had dinner here for the first time Saturday, 9/15/12 and our first question to ourselves was: why? The hostess immediately knew that we were new and made us welcome. Our server arrived promptly and explained that there was a special that night which included most entrees, an appetizer, salad, side and dessert to share all for $50. We began with hummus and pita chips and it was excellent. Our salads were good and filled with fresh grape tomatoes. For entrees we both ordered pasta dishes, mine with pesto and chicken, my husband's with tuna and sundried tomatoes. Both were excellent and in abundant portions! For dessert we ordered creme brulee which was very well done. We highly recommend the Bedford Social Club!Special Features:
- This was our first visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012This was our first visit. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. The owner and our server both acted like they really appreciated us dining with them. I highly recommend the Bedford Social Club! We will return!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.GaryDined on 8/15/2012Excellent food and service. Will be going back often. Not cheap but well worth it, value for dollar is excellent.Special Features:
- Most memorable food enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Most memorable food enjoyed at a restaurant I can recall. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Outstand place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2012The food and service was outstanding!! Well worth the distance we had to drive to get there. A most visit when in Bedford, Virginia.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Three of us had the Penne Capri with salmon. The cream sauce was light and flavorful. Our fourth had the Salmon Maui and requested it cooked very well done. It was cooked exactly to her specifications and was delicious. Our fifth had the Chicken Milanese and really enjoyed it. The portions are very generous. As usual, the service was attentive and prompt. You would expect to find this type of restaurant in a much larger city, so we are delighted to have this gem in our small town.Special Features:
- I have always enjoyed diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012I have always enjoyed dining there until this last visit. I was hosting good friendswho were looking forward to a fine dining experience. Wines and spirits were served, but it was 1-hour 5-min after ordering that entrees arrived - - I specify "entrees" because the soup and salad had been forgotten. I cancelled my soup but the salad to my guest was provided after mt complaint. Finally, the response to my question about bread, I wss informed you no longer serve it unless requested because "lots of people just leave it to be thrown out." Do you think you had better write up a set of direcctions for diners to be included in the menu? Remove my name from your email addressees listing.
- Another outstanding visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012Another outstanding visit to the social club! The food was amazing and the service was great!Special Features:
- It was extremely noisey, evenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012It was extremely noisey, even though we had the "quietest" table in the whole place, or so we were told. Service was very friendly. However, our food was taking a long time and we were finally able to flag down our waitress, who went to check on our order. We were told it was taking so long because of the steak I ordered. Didn't really understand why and food did not come for a while longer. We had to get the hostess to take our payment as our waitress did not return in a timely manner. The steak was tough and pretty tasteless. Really greasy beans and potatoes. The crab cakes were excellent as were the cocktails and baked Brie.