Bedford Post - The Barn
954 Old Post Road
Bedford, NY 10506Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bedford Post - The Barn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bedfordpostinn.com/
- Phone: (914) 234-7800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Devin Bozkaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Three private dining rooms accommodates anywhere from 10 – 100 guests for a seated dinner and up to 150 for cocktails. Pricing information and menus are available; please contact for details.
- Private Party Contact: ACorbett@altamareagroup.com 914-234-7800x
A word from Bedford Post - The Barn
Set in the heart of Westchester County, Bedford Post provides the perfect backdrop for an exceptional dining experience. A contemporary American menu highlighting local seasonal ingredients, matched by an exceptional wine list. Bedford Post is home to two distinct restaurants – the casual “Barn”, which opened in early 2008, serves breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday, and Brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Please visit our website for more information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Bedford Post - The Barn - Best Restaurants in Bedford ›
Bedford Post - The Barn reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (9)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (6)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)good for groups (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Disappointed!NativeNewYorkerVIPDined on 11/2/2014The inn was nice, however the menu was underwhelming. Crispy potatoes were soggy and scones were dry. Brunch is one of our favorite meals, but this inn cannot compare to the amazing brunches we have in NYC
- DisappointingSweettooth1199Dined on 10/19/2014My friend and I went for brunch and were very disappointed. First of all, they told us they had run out of Bloody Marys by the time we go there. How could they run out by noon? Next, the food we ordered was downright unappetizing. So much so that my friend told the server she could not eat the lobster salad she had ordered. He was gracious enough to remove the salad from our check, but the point of going there was to enjoy a delicious meal, which we did not. My eggs Benedict were mediocre at best, but the pecan sticky bun was delicious. The drinks were ok but over priced. At least the staff was attentive and courteous. It was a disappointing experience to say the least.
- Delicious food with tiny portionsAMYCVIPDined on 10/14/2014The food was so delicious but the portion sizes were so overly small that we left feeling a bit hungry and taken advantage of---a shame because the place is ovely and the service was too.
- gourmandeVIPDined on 10/13/2014mostly organic products so everything needs a little bit of salt
- Amazing food...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014so the bedford post inn was very very lovely. Our food was delicious- They Valet guys were helpful and polite. The decor was warm and modern and our server was great. My only complaint; There was an event going on while we were eating dinner and the event staff tramped loudly through the restaurant to get to and from the event. I would go back- but next time- i would ask reception if there is an event in the back or upstairs space before making a reservationSpecial Features:
- PoorNeedquietVIPDined on 10/2/2014Extremely limited menu. Too expensive for what it is. Wine was extremely expensive. As you can see, I was not happy. Help was very good ,
- Excellent casual diningFudieDined on 9/26/2014A short but ambitious menu. We shared 3 appetizers then each had the white label burger. There were serious main courses but the burger sounded too good to pass up and we were not dissapointed. We were staying at the Inn and had desert delivered to the fireplace by the reflecting pool which was a great end to the evening. I had read reviews and was worried because we like to eat and some were disparaging. Service was not amazing but not lacking and overall experience was perfect. The cocktails and wines by the glass are well chosen. They also have an extensive list for serious wine drinkers. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The service was particularly good in that my husband needed some extra attention since he recently had knee surgery.Very personable and accomodating staff.The food was ok not superb but I would certainly go back.They've only been reopened for a short time so I'm sure the kinks will be worked out.Special Features:
- RegularsCliffieldVIPDined on 9/25/2014We are regulars at the Bedford Post for lunch in the Barn and the Farmhouse for special dinner occasions. They have recently made changes to staff and some minor renovations to the Barn where we had lunch. The food is excellent, especially the burger (which I had). The lunch menu is quite limited, but what's on it is excellent. They are working out some of the kinks in the changes, but are attentive on service and look after their guests very well.Special Features:
- Not loving the new brunch menuDinerVIPDined on 9/21/2014The brunch menu has changed and I did not love the choices. It seemed pretty boring and my burger was blah. Where is a good omelet or inventive salad? That said, the french toast was a huge hit with my mom - she said it was the best she has ever had. More like that please!
- FoodLuvDined on 8/17/2014Sadly, I found the brunch menu "sleepy" and unexciting, as well as rather unhealthy. They would not accomodate and make a large frisee salad (or whatever salad was on the menu) for me, and I ended up with a delicious smoked salmon (with frisee - lol), but not what I wanted. And that plus a chix club and two mimosas with tip was $84. For brunch??!! That's a bit ridiculous. So many more vibrant choice restaurants to pick from; it's a shame because it's a charming location. They need to wake up the menu and offer a brunch drink included with the meal so it's not such a silly price. Also, forget the rustic: pave their back driveway, the rock climbing is ridiculous and rocks that kick up could damage one's car. I will not return.Special Features:
- Great Dining2FoodieslovetotravelVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food, service and ambience were wonderful.It is a new Michael White's Restaurant in partnership with Richard Gere. We recommend The Bedford Post as a wonderful place to enjoy a drink, lunch or dinner. Every dish that we had was wonderful and delicious.Special Features:
- The following 596 reviews are from the Bedford Post - The Barn reviews archive.
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I was surprised when we got there that the main house where I ate before is closed and that we would be eating in the Barn. We ate outside because inside was more like a bar. The food was very good but the menu was extremely limited. The barn does not have the ambiance or elegance of the main house. Hopefully, it will reopen soon.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/17/2014A sanctuary at any time of the year but especially in the spring and summer...always such a treat to visit.Special Features:
- Fourth of July Flop!ZorbaVIPDined on 7/4/2014Really strange and limited holiday menu. Sour wines by the glass. I tried two and ended up with a diet coke instead. Teeny tiny portions. Gamey hamburger meat. Under-cooked fries. Coleslaw was memorably good. The rest of our meal was shockingly bad. Will not go back here. Ever. You shouldn't risk it either.
- Simple and ElegantSteveVIPDined on 7/4/2014Modest menu of well prepared offerings in a clean, modest room. A bit pricey for the ambiance, but the cheeseburger, at any rate, was worth it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Miss..GreenwichMomDined on 6/29/2014The barn has such terrific atmosphere. And the baked goods are fantastic. The food however, in terms of preparation and presentation are a miss. The food was all a bit "greasy" and looked as though it had been thrown onto the plate. Big disappointment for such a beautiful spot with so much potential.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night at Bedford PostHLGODined on 6/27/2014We were seated almost immediately at an outdoor table. Service was a bit slow, but adequate. Wine list is not extensive - but a bit pricey - $16.00 for a glass of Rioja. We had the Bronzino which was excellent. Portions are not large, but satisfying for most. Dessert was "unusual". Overall the experience was quite pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow servicemegapaxDined on 6/15/2014Our Father's Day dinner took two whole hours from the time we arrived. It took 5 minutes for anyone to bring us water, another 15 before we received drinks. When we ordered entrees, we were told that they would take 20-25 minutes to come out, so we should order appetizers. Bread didn't arrive until we had been sitting for 20 minutes - a small amount for 5 people, and it was never refreshed. We received our entrees 55 minutes after we sat down. By that time, we had finished our drinks and it took 10 minutes to get more. Our burger arrived with cheese when we had clearly ordered a plain burger, and there was no ketchup, which took another 5 minutes to arrive. By the time we were done with dessert and had paid, we all felt exhausted.
- onthefenceDined on 6/15/2014Great ambience, can't beat Bedford, NY; however, I expected a much more complete brunch. The menu was very simple. I ordered pancakes. I was served 2 thin pancakes that I could have made better by myself. No powdered sugar (we asked for it but it was never brought), not a berry or extra. Very disappointing. My husband ordered brioche french toast which was more substantial. Coffee and brunch drinks had to be ordered separately. Overall, adequate - not what I expected.Special Features:
- Much improvedjustjamesVIPDined on 6/12/2014I haven't been to The Barn at Bedford Post for some time, and it is much improved: the food was good; the service was friendly and attentive. In fact, we enjoyed it so much we went back the following week.Special Features:
- The barn in BedfordMaggieDined on 6/9/2014The restaurant is very quaint. There were four of us and we really enjoyed each and every meal. I had the roasted hen and it was very delicious. It took a little extra time to cook because everything is cooked to order. Worth the wait. The desert was to write home about. It was almond cake with strawberry sorbet and fresh strawberries and almonds. I have to say it was right up there as one of my favorites. My only complaint would have to be with the coffee. It was much too strong for all of us. Wish the weather was better as we would have loved to dine outside. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling in the area. It a real hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food could be more interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2014I loved the ambience and service. Very accommodating. Te food was ok. I wanted more from the food. Fresh ingredients, less oil!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bedford Post--The BarnAndyMorseVIPDined on 6/6/2014Wonderful food..lovely outdoor setting..service a bit slow..but gracious. It capitalizes on the "feeling" of Bedford, NY...maybe 40 miles from Columbus Circle...but feels far more remote and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and underwhelmingDonnaVIPDined on 5/25/2014The outside was too buggy we had to go inside. We thought the main restaurant was where we were eating and it was under construction and the site did not say this. The menu was very limited but the food was very good except for the marinated to tomatoes. Portions are probably what they should be, but not what we are used too.Special Features:
- we'll be back soonJoanAdriaVIPDined on 5/24/2014The cold beet soup was outstanding, capelletti very tasty, hen very moist and done perfectly, mussels were nothing to write home about. They were a bit soft and not especially tasty, despite the very nice sauce which was good with bread. The arancini were just okay. The mascarpone panna cotta with raspberry sorbet was out of this world. The pistachio chocolate tart was very good; if you're a chocoholic order this. The wines were excellent. The Barn gets noisy, not like the Farmhouse at all, though cozy. Made a reservation for next week.Special Features:
- Well worth the visitJAMoDined on 5/24/2014Ate at Henry's the night I stayed at the inn. Service was very friendly. It was graduation weekend AND Memorial day weekend so they were slammed. The staff was still accommodating despite being very busy. The food was good, favorites were the flatbread appetizer and lobster mac and cheese. I would definatly go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnermcorreiaVIPDined on 5/18/2014Went for the first time this weekend and it was wonderful. The menu on the barn side is small , but perfect. The vegetable risotto was one of the best I've had in a while! Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchFoodieDined on 5/18/2014Lovely setting, good service. The french toast and Post Breakfast was very good. The fritatta was dry and flavorless. Would not order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Disappointment!time2dineVIPDined on 5/9/2014Who would know that a restaurant with Richard Gere's name affiliated would not be able to handle a transition period for the restaurant. Apparently, Bedford Post Barn is going through a change but no one taught the staff how to accommodate their diners. It took 45 minutes for anyone to realize that we have not gotten a drink as we sat down even though the waitress came over to apologize. When the food finally came out after another hour, the food was full of salt. I truly hope they get their act together, after the transition, because it would be a shame for that space to go to waste.Special Features:
- Nice relaxing lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/2/2014The barn was very homey feeling and the food matched that feeling. The room was a little dark for such a bright beautiful day but I still enjoyed the setting. Brussels sprouts were different and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food small portionsfoodForThoughtDined on 4/27/2014I know us Americans over eat. But considering the prices, the portion of mussels was minuscule and the other order portions were not minuscule but definitely on the small side. But alas, the food was very fresh well prepared and tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHARMINGMikeGVIPDined on 4/23/2014The Barn was a charming little gem in the middle of Bedford, NY. The tasting MENU was delicious, just the right amount of seasoning and the serving size was just perfect. If you want a relaxing middle of the week, outside of NYC hideaway, try the BARN; you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud in barnMBHDinerVIPDined on 4/22/2014I was surprised at how disappointed I was in the food. Mussels were off. Old and didn't taste right. Lunch menu is limited. No noise softeners so very loud when groups talking.Special Features:
- It was fine, but not awesomeMizvizDined on 4/19/2014We were the first ones there when they opened at 9 am, and it felt like we caught them by surprise. They were restocking beverages, coming in the door right next to where we were seated (they apologized, but came through the door a couple more times). They also started a fire in the charming fireplace, opening a window for the draw making the room cold right when our eggs arrived. Wait staff were fine. Maybe if we went back later in the day, my opinion would be higher! Frittata was okay, but got cold quickly. Sausage was great! Menu a little small. I'd try it again for lunch, another in our party raved about the chicken. It feels like a place locals love to hang out, so they may just have been having an off morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationnoshingneighborDined on 4/6/2014My friends and I celebrated a birthday at Bedford Post. Parking, service, food were all just perfect. The only down side for me was the noise. But great overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really loudsujoDined on 4/1/2014I have enjoyed this restaurant in the past. It was very loud this time, coud not hear my companions. portions were tiny.Special Features:
- Waiter did not speak goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2014Waiter did not speak good English. He was very nice, but didn't get my hamburger order correct on first or second try. Otherwise food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIG DISAPPOINTMENTOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/17/2014Nothing went well with the experience. The waiter was totally inexperienced. We ordered salmon with salad. It was so plain, thrown into a bowl, even the dressing was tasteless. The procesco was good as was the dessert scone, however one goes to this type of restaurant expecting a nice dining experience. There is no excuse for this.
- Quaint, Quiet, and Quite GoodDavidDined on 3/13/2014The Bedford Post boasts a charming and warm staff, who add to the appeal of this oasis. The atmosphere feels like a blend of your grandmother's kitchen and top notch bistro. The fireplace that crackles beside you, sets the tone for a peaceful, warm and enjoyable meal. With a talented chef who obviously cares about his craft, you'll be in for a delightful culinary experience...the burger was divine! This is a place to return to time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.