Bedford & Burns
369 N. Bedford Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bedford & Burns
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bedfordandburns.com/
- Phone: (310) 273-8585
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00pm:- 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Bedford & Burns
In the heart of Beverly Hills’ Golden Triangle, the Burns Family welcomes you to their fresh take on the American bistro. In a warm residential setting, punctuated by great contemporary art, or on the heated sidewalk patio, guests dine on a menu of personal favorites drawing upon the abundant resources available to us in Southern California. Fresh oysters, wood-fired pizzas and meats, and classic fare, including the famous Bob Burns Caesar salad, offer cuisine that is one part solid tradition and the other part fresh inspiration. California wines, craft beers and classic cocktails round out the dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bedford & Burns - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Bedford & Burns reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (33)great for outdoor dining (30)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (12)good for groups (11)great for brunch (8)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great eveningdevinedinerDined on 11/8/2014Excellent food and terrific service. Requested a quiet table so that I could enjoy my friend I had not seen in a long time. DONE! Wonderful evening. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice local place to eatCarolinesCatsVIPDined on 11/8/2014The ambiance is relaxing the food is good, with variety. The water was very helpful and accommodating. The price was above average.Special Features:
- Beverly HillsSpookDined on 11/8/2014We sat outside and enjoyed the street scene on Bedford Drive. Great day just relaxing with friends enjoying a wonderful luncheon. The salads were generous and delicious! The steak frites was perfect. I wish I spent more time in Beverly Hills. I would definitely make that my dining spot.Special Features:
- happynothappyDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed our evening. We were able to carry on a conversation without yelling. The food was quit good. One dish was not satisfactory and our waiter didn't hesitate to replace it with another dish that was very much appreciated and enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bflovs2dineoutDined on 10/18/2014Comfortable library setting with friendly service and delicious food. The lamb shanks were wonderful.Special Features:
- Great for brunch; okay for dinnerentertainerDined on 10/16/2014This is a lovely restaurant, very warm and inviting. It is a terrific place for Sunday brunch or a weekday lunch. However, we found it a bit disappointing for dinner in that the food, while not bad, didn't merit the prices. The service was good and the maitre d' was quite accommodating in finding us the perfect table.Special Features:
- Just a really solid restaurantStephenDined on 10/9/2014This is off the beaten path but well worth finding. A really consistently good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bellaVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was my second visit to Bedford & Burns, and it was just as great the second time around. Had their Caesar Salad the first time, which was excellent, and tried their Kale Salad the second time, and enjoyed that as well. Their Branzino is the Best!! And their Molten Lava Cake is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunching in BHyummytomytummy2Dined on 9/29/2014Very good service and food quality excellent Had lunch with friend based on advice of my daughterSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014First time here - wonderful food, ambiance and service!! Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a great placeStephenDined on 9/23/2014this is really a wonderful restaurant. It is always busy for lunch, but it really is nice for dinner. The location has had many previous restaurants but it looks like bedford and Burns will make it. the food is solid and creative and the winelist reasonable.Special Features:
- the new gem in beverly hillsdiningoutVIPDined on 9/20/2014this is one of the most valuable 'new' restaurants on the westside. it's got great food, great atmosphere, and a great location. bedford and burns is that rare neighborhood hangout that strives to be superior in every category. it's highly likely that the burns family creates menu ideas while discussing the quest for the 'the best burger', 'the best pizza', 'the best apple tart'. the fact is that there are few restaurants where everything tastes so fresh and homemade - even though sometimes it's a little slow coming out of the kitchen. we've been 7 or 8 times now, and the staff seems to be surprised when it's crowded - something i think they'll have to get used to based on the quality of the experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a favoriteJUMBOVIPDined on 9/13/2014Had a res to meet 2 other people. They came in gave name and went to bar. 20 min later we came in same name and they sat us and never told the other couple and it was not even busy. Had we not texted them they would still be sitting there. food is average. Waiter is too into himself. I will never go back.
- Always enjoyableFangVIPDined on 9/10/2014Servers do not need to interrupt a conversation to ask if everything is alright. The fact that we're eating and not looking around for a server should be sufficient. Have confidence that the food is going to be right and then you don't have to interrupt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the menulovesitdiningDined on 9/9/2014They always have great specials and the regular menu itself it also very delicious. Nearby my office, so it's great to come for a lunch meeting.Special Features:
- our favorites for Chicken MeatballsEssieDined on 9/6/2014The best chicken meatballs anywhere on this planet… so good that after going 5 times, I have yet to order anything else :D Next time for sure I will try something different because everything comes out of the kitchen looking yummy….Special Features:
- Returning for the Lobster RavioliCRM1VIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband loves the Lobster ravioli here. He was not disappointed. I had scallops which were tender and delicious. However on this visit the service was a little distracted. Our server was friendly, polite and knowledgeable but we were left waiting a bit too long between courses. It was Saturday and the restaurant although almost empty when we arrived filled quickly so perhaps that was the problem. We will return because the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Comfortable and deliciousWinoDined on 8/28/2014Well prepared fresh ingredients, friendly family service and casual vibe make this a natural choice for a delicious lunch or dinner and a craft beer or cocktail. The tables outside afford a view of the Beverly Hills shoppers and is dog friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal again and againFriedmansVIPDined on 8/27/2014Best Caesar salad in town. Cold and crisp every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good eatCaptainPDined on 8/25/2014One of our fav spots in BH. We work close by and eat there a couple times a week. Excellent staff and manager.Special Features:
- Building a good baseLikebuttaVIPDined on 8/25/2014Third visit and I enjoy the place a lot. The food is very diverse and the specials always are rather different and give a little more divergency. Everything i have ordered I would easily order again and the people are very willing to do things "your way" to please. Refreshing to see a newer place with no attitude in BHSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Food was very good and the service was excellent. Very nice people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvementmxpbuyVIPDined on 8/23/2014The service is the place to start with improvement. We went for an early dinner and the restaurant was, at most, 40% full. The "bottled" water did not taste filtered and seemed to have that fresh-from-the-kitchen-tap flavor. Our waitress brought small white wine glasses for our Napa Cab. My wife's appetizer showed up over 3.5 minutes after mine did. The food was made from quality, fresh ingredients and was generally prepared well, but each dish lacked a little pizzaz and the only one that had any was the Jadori Chicken but that was because it was a bit oversalted. The good news about this place is that the food is good and the portion sizes (especially the appetizers) create some value dining. Still, I hoped for better.
- Great local spotNOTAHAPPYCAMPERVIPDined on 8/22/2014Bedford and Burns isnt the 1st restraunt to come to mind in BH but it should be...Simply put, it is just delish all around!!! Highly recommend it..They aim to please!!!!Special Features:
- Consistently goodHappyDinerVIPDined on 8/20/2014Something for everyone with great service and nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good fitLikebuttaVIPDined on 8/18/2014Finally a good fit for the old Ginger Man space. Second visit and food was very good and a varied selection of choices. Especially nice outdoor seatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent!dintoexVIPDined on 8/18/2014Went to B&B for a business lunch and requested a "better" table withthe hopes of being able to have a conversation. Although it was somewhat better, I think the restaurant is just plain loud and there's not much they can do about it. On the plus side, we had a great server - very attentive without being intrusive. I order the fish special - it was good but not outstanding. I tend to stick with my old favorites: homemade bisquits, the salads and of course the burger - all are great.
- Terrific dining experienceJHG1VIPDined on 8/14/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant and it was every bit as good as the first visit. The food is excellent - perfectly prepared fried calamari and the steak and fries first rate. The other entrees were great, the wines by the glass great and the three layer lemon cake outstanding. The service was really outstanding and all of the staff friendly and competent. Definitely worth a return visit and a return visit after that!Special Features:
- HappyCaptainPDined on 8/4/2014We like to eat here once or twice a week. The waiters are great and don't lag like most places. The chef is great. The pizza is a great appetizer to share : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers...but...foodawareDined on 8/1/2014My guy had a hamburger; I ordered lamb burger. Both terrific & juicy. Overcooked, but still very enjoyable. Fries arrived lukewarm. Even a newly served order of hot fries showed they're just not very good. Too limp. Server started out great; but never came back once our entrees were served-when we needed him. Showed up after the fact; pleasant; apologetic (nice gesture but...). We will go back...but we're in no hurry.Special Features:
- The following 141 reviews are from the Bedford & Burns reviews archive.
- A little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Pleasant waiter but did not tell us the specials (which we heard told to an adjacent table). Had to ask for bread. Had to ask for dessert menus. Gave us two dessert menus for four of us.
- New Jewel in Beverly Hills...trappeeDined on 7/25/2014Great ambiance. Great Food. Crab Louie salad without a doubt the best in the city. Burns family has been at this for years and understand better than most how to serve high quality, great food. Not be missed if you're in Beverly Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pluses and minuseslarsandVIPDined on 7/23/2014The food is competent but that intangible of of a good restaurant -- everything "clicking"-- was absent here. Service was fair, at best. A small point: the waiter steered us away from a $10 glass of Rose (so why is it on the menu?) and, of course, the recommended one was $14. For Rose at a place like that? They even told Open Table we were a "no-show!' That was dinner. Apparently it is very popular for lunch.
- Solid RestaurantDoorahDined on 7/19/2014The food and selection were both good. Our mushroom pizza with truffle oil was delicious. Have had better banana cream pie but was still quite good. A great place for a large group since it wasn't loud and there's a large selection on the menu. If you're looking for a scene-y restaurant, perhaps not the place as the crowd seemed to skew older. I prefer food over club-y vibe and if you do too, you may want to check this restaurant out.Special Features:
- Loved the Peking Duckkathe90035VIPDined on 7/8/2014Not fried nor greasy; came with wonderful bok choySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find.ElderlyFellaDined on 6/27/2014Great food and service. Very good menu choices.Quiet enough to talk, especially on the side of the restaurtant. Very good menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone was happywissyVIPDined on 6/27/2014My request for a quiet table was honored and even the arrival of a party of 14 nearby was handled adroitly. My companions had not been there before and commented on the comfortable ambiance and look of the dining room. Cocktails and meals were delicious and the peach cobbler was a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a neighborhood gemFangVIPDined on 6/25/2014We love this restaurant - great staff and a menu from which I want to have everything - straight forward and well prepared food attractively presented. This, like Porta Via on Canon is a real neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodriomVIPDined on 6/17/2014always very good food and service .We were five for lunch and had different things from fish tacos to heuvos rancheros and soups and chicken curry salad and everything was delicious including their berry crumble.I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- love this placeEssieDined on 6/16/2014we went back for our 4 th dinner experience with different friends… this place can do no wrong… we all came away with our tummies filled with yummy, food… and you couldn't ask for better staff or host/hostess people to round out a great evening..Special Features: