355 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.becco-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2123977597
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 10:00 Tuesday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Wednesday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Thursday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Friday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 12:00 Saturday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Sunday: 12:00 - 3:00/3:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: William Gallagher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: All of the following trains stop at Times Square 42nd Street N/Q/W - 1/2/3 - A/C/E - 7 - S Upper East Side: Take the to Lexington Avenue/59th Street & transfer to the downtown to Times Square 42nd Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Becco is not affiliated with a specific parking garage; however, there are 2 lots East of the restuarant on 46th street.
A word from Becco
Lidia Bastianich & her son Joe's Theater District mainstay. Best known for the $22.95 pasta tasting menu & the great selections on the $25 Italian wine list. Loved by locals & out of towners alike, Becco has been serving consistently delicious regional Italian cuisine since 1993. Located on the famed Restaurant Row in NYC's Theatre District, Becco is open for lunch & dinner seven days a week. Enjoy signature dishes, like the Osso Bucco, as well as the bounty of fresh seasonal preparations. The Reserve Wine list has many of Italy's best known producers, as well as some more eclectic wine makers. A knowledgeable staffer will be on hand to help you make a great choice. With 18 years on restaurant row, great food & great service help make Becco the right choice time & time again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Becco reviews from OpenTable diners
1114 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (487)neighborhood gem (452)notable wine list (410)special occasion (377)great for lunch (289)good for groups (277)hot spot (203)romantic (147)late-night find (89)kid-friendly (86)great for brunch (54)vibrant bar scene (54)great for outdoor dining (40)scenic view (16)Show More
- Great recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Had a tip from a coworker to head down to Becco. Spot on. Great food. Great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Noisy RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014The food was well prepared -- well seasoned, very tasty. The service efficient and attentive. The noise level was NOT energetic; it was LOUD making it hard to have a conversation -- probably due to the fact that the tables are packed into the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectMetsfanDined on 9/30/2014An outstanding experience, as usual. Food, service, wine and desserts are great. Ask to sit in the atrium area where it is more open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2014Becco is the place to go before a show! Try their 3 pastas served table side for $22.95! Comes with salad or antipasto. The $25 wine selection is also great. Very reasonable and delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just for theater goesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014We stumbled upon Becco while in Manhattan waiting to see a show. The food was great and the service was wonderful. Molly, our waitress was attentive and very informative. Will certainly return, not just when going to the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arvin2Dined on 9/29/2014$25 wine list is a real treat - some gems on there. Low risk/cost to be adventurous! Food is very well representing Istrian Specialties.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Everyone in the restaurant was great, great server Molly was excellent. Also, the wine conessuer was great ...Angelo new everything about wine ...a great plus for becco's. Don't forget about the food ....OUTSTANDING ....WOULD GO BACK AGAIN...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very crowded. Tables are small.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014The food was excellent and served very promptly considering the crowded spaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Referred by a friend but a let-downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great location near Broadway if you are planning on seeing a show and catching dinner. We were really excited to try it out since Lidia Bastianich owns it. Our server was extremely slow with greeting us. Wine list is a $25/bottle only wine list so people don't get confused about prices and labels. I am a wine drinker and was confused what to order as I have never heard of any of the wines. Drinks came out slow. When we finally ordered, the food was just ok and everyone around us was experiencing the same kind of slow service. Getting the check was overly slow. Hopefully, it was just a one-time event but it was disappointing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Solid food. Tired surroundings. Worn-out decor. Good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The menu has something for everyone! The staff suggested two wines and I now have a new favorite!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I have been to Becco many times over the years. Brought my granddaughter for the first and we had a wonderful time . She was impressed that you asked if we were going to theatre and would make sure that our food was on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, as always.Luv2eatDined on 9/27/2014We used to live in Manhattan and this was always one of our favorite restaurants. Now we try to get back here whenever we return to the city. We are NEVER disappointed. Hope to be returning for many years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marijo4419Dined on 9/27/2014The food was so delicious and the service was very good. Each time i'm going to Manhattan, I'm going to Becco's restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I visit New York annually in becau made my weekend nice restaurant I recommend my friend I'm definitely come back in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special eveninghappycampersDined on 9/27/2014going to becco was a perfect way to dine after a day seeing a show in the theater district. the 3 pasta special was fantastic and we tried the antipasto appetizer and it was delicious. we loved each pasta dish and was impressed that the waiters kept coming around asking us for more- we were thrilled that they had a shrimp and penne pasta dish! We had no room for dessert. The $25 bottle wine list is amazing and had many options for wine. We would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it used to be . . .SteveS92VIPDined on 9/27/2014The food and service were fine, but not as good as I remember them from years ago. Maybe the place has grown too much. I won't be hurrying back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDeDined on 9/27/2014Had wonderful meal and sat outside, which added to the perfect setting, to an excellent mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungrytoothDined on 9/27/2014The pastas are spectacular. the wine was delicious, the staff very friendly , all around a great mealSpecial Features:
- Wasn't Great Todayredrose5200VIPDined on 9/27/2014Becco's has always been one of my favorite restaurants but the service and food today were definitely below par. My friend's Caesar Salad was served without dressing, pasta special was just OK, didn't like the spaghetti, so I left it and ate the ravioli which were a little dry and the rigatoni with beef ragu which was the best of the three. Our waiter seemed a little short on patience, which is not the way I like to be treated at this restaurant. I raved about this place and this was my friend's first time there and she was not impressed and rightfully so based on today's experience. Glad to see they finally moved the bathrooms away from the kitchen area, which was always a turnoff for me.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent homemade foodewrguyDined on 9/26/2014Food was excellent just like homemade! Service was very attentive, the only thing that could be improved is the dining room is kinda tight...Special Features:
- Italian gemBostongirlsDined on 9/26/2014Although the noise level was high, the food was a dram. We went with the 3 types of pasta so we'd have room for dessert. Nothing beats fresh made pasta. It was superb. You can't beat the 25 dollar bottle of wine (especially compared to the 46 bucks we paid for two glasses at the theatre). The cherry on top was the ricotta cake. Have never had anything so amazing in my life. Soft, creamy-you want to lick the plate-seriously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing - to say the least!Luv2dineNYCDined on 9/26/2014Started the evening crowded into a table in the busy bar right on the main path from the kitchen and the rest of the restaurant. Constantly being hit by everyone passing thru. Server acted like she did not want to be there and had an attitude from the start, rushing through every special and constantly looking around while talking to you! Took 1 1/2 hrs. to get main course, veal piccata, which was a special that evening - very tough and chewy! This was supposed to be a special occasion for us and turned out to be disappointing - to say the least!!! Won't go back!
- Becco is mediocreDisappointedDined on 9/26/2014Nothing special.Had three pasta special & veal piccatta.Pasta came with either Caesar salad or antipasti misto. My husband ordered the salad and I ordered antipasto. But,waiter came and dished out Caesar salad to both of us &never brought out the antipasto & never came back again until he brought the main course,no time to correct the error.veal piccatta came with spinach & was tasty-portion was small.Pastawith marinara was okay, linguine w/white clam sauce bland, but mushroom ravioli in truffle sauce, excellent.The bread basket,olives &hummus when you sit down was good as was the cannoli. Service was spotty. Wouldn't go out of my way to revisit again.Overall, not bad but not great.Definitely not worth the hype.Good,reasonable wine listSpecial Features:
- AdequateadisappointmentDined on 9/26/2014My wife was looking forward to finally getting there..however...the food was a disappointment. We have had much better food and service for a lot less. I was turned off when we arrived for our reservations and were ushered into the bar even though the place was empty.
- One of the best value in NYCTaismartiniDined on 9/25/2014Sadly the Service and the pastas were lacking on this visit. The rigatoni alla bolognese were too al-dente; Artichoke ravioli overcooked but the pappardelle were savory. The osso buco was excellent! Service was erratic: had to remind waitress for the arancini dish and asked to remove the charge for the Tiramisu that we never received. Maybe it was an off night, because it is still one of the better value for italian dining in this wonderful city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WindsorONCanada99Dined on 9/25/2014This was my second time at Becco's and I would definitely make reservations for a return trip once in New York. Excellent and affordable. The food is fantastic and the service is tops. Love it, love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pre-show spotuslightDined on 9/25/2014This is our go-to restaurant when we've got theater tickets (but warning! reservations are a MUST, it gets busy!!!). Don't even bother with teh menu; tell your waiter you've got tickets, and order the Sinfonia di Paste pre-fixe. Wonderful food, and you'll be out in an hour full and happy. They have a terrific selection of wines all priced at $25/bottle. Good at lunchtime and for regular dinner also, when the pre-theater crowd leaves and the noise level drops. I brought a client from out-of-town for lunch once and he still raves about it months later.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLuvkingsparkDined on 9/25/2014Love the homemade pasta. $25 for a bottle if wine always brings us backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!MocaDined on 9/25/2014I love Becco! Always delicious. The pasta special is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch experience superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014We went for a very late lunch so the restaurant wasn't terribly busy. I had been twice previously when it was super busy at night. Waitress/Staff was excellent, did not rush us even though the shift was changing. The best meal at the table was the chicken with risotto - perfect in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overcrowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Very good but overcrowded - tables very close and long wait with reservation. Food and prices are excellent
- WonderfuldinnerDined on 9/24/2014Great service, excellent food, excellent wine selection. Would definitely go back again. Not too good for large groups; two to 4 people at a timeSpecial Features:
- Dinner yes, but...SilkRuseDined on 9/24/2014DO NOT GO HERE FOR LUNCH!!! Our server was snotty and rude, read the specials so fast in such a heavy fake Italian accent we couldn't understand him, and when we asked him to repeat it he made it clear we were putting him out. When we finally got our food, my pasta was so undercooked that it was CRUNCHY, and when I asked to send it back he sneered at me. The table literally next to ours was seated with about 12 very loud women having lunch (which was fine, and I'm glad they were having such a great time), but when my fiancé asked if we could move somewhere a little more quiet in the restaurant (THAT WAS COMPLETELY EMPTY), he said "no", shrugged his shoulders and walked away. We payed $50 for a mediocre lunch and horrible dining experience😕
- Excellent!!EllenDined on 9/24/2014I've dined there twice in the last month. Excellent both times....Great lunch before theater.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers big enough for a meal539pinehavenDined on 9/24/2014Great menu choices. The salad I say coming from the kitchen looked fantastic. Sorry, I didn't get the scallop, shrimp, tuna and salmon salad. Looked fabulous. Had the baked shrimp appetizer with spicy sauce for $14.00. At least 8 to 10 shrimp. A real deal. Tasted a friends lasagna. Delightfully light with a mild taste to it. A little different but delicious. Something for everyone there. Would have liked a better choice for ice tea. But they were very attentive refilling our water glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014Well situated for lunch or dinner before theater. Food was quite good, soup excellent, service friendly and accommoditing.Special Features:
- loudmrspaperDined on 9/23/2014Asked for a room in the back, because I know how loud the front room is. Got a room in the front anyway. They really need to figure out how to minimize the noise level. It is so loud that you can't hear people on the other side of the table. Food, as usual, is very good. It's a restaurant that you find out of towners, as well as New Yorker's at. Wine list is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findNjDinerDined on 9/23/2014The food at Becco's is delicious and generous portions. We enjoyed it. It is a great place if you are heading for a Broadway show but leave plenty of time because they do not rush you. We sat in the bar area which was a bit noisy. They have another section so we will definitely request that side next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousdonnadDined on 9/23/2014I have been to Becco several times already and have never been disappointed. However, this time we broke out of the mould and ordered dishes other than their Pasta Special (which is very good, but heavy and filling). Try the Osso Bucco! It was fantastic! Meat fell off the bone and the sauce was superb. Don;t be afraid of tasting the marrow inside the bone.... to die for! Friends ordered the steak and were very pleased. Dessert was so so. Ordered the Sampler. While it was good, nothing really stood out. have had better desserts there. Go for the special dessert of the day instead.Special Features: