355 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.becco-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2123977597
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 10:00 Tuesday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Wednesday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Thursday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Friday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 12:00 Saturday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Sunday: 12:00 - 3:00/3:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: William Gallagher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: All of the following trains stop at Times Square 42nd Street N/Q/W - 1/2/3 - A/C/E - 7 - S Upper East Side: Take the to Lexington Avenue/59th Street & transfer to the downtown to Times Square 42nd Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Becco is not affiliated with a specific parking garage; however, there are 2 lots East of the restuarant on 46th street.
A word from Becco
Lidia Bastianich & her son Joe's Theater District mainstay. Best known for the $22.95 pasta tasting menu & the great selections on the $25 Italian wine list. Loved by locals & out of towners alike, Becco has been serving consistently delicious regional Italian cuisine since 1993. Located on the famed Restaurant Row in NYC's Theatre District, Becco is open for lunch & dinner seven days a week. Enjoy signature dishes, like the Osso Bucco, as well as the bounty of fresh seasonal preparations. The Reserve Wine list has many of Italy's best known producers, as well as some more eclectic wine makers. A knowledgeable staffer will be on hand to help you make a great choice. With 18 years on restaurant row, great food & great service help make Becco the right choice time & time again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Becco reviews from OpenTable diners
1299 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (552)neighborhood gem (529)notable wine list (487)special occasion (444)great for lunch (338)good for groups (333)hot spot (232)romantic (178)late-night find (102)kid-friendly (90)great for brunch (78)vibrant bar scene (61)great for outdoor dining (46)scenic view (19)Show More
- A more "approachable" BastianichTomWDined on 8/27/2014Yes, the tables are very close together and yes, it is quite noisy, but the food is very good and worth the "trouble". This was my wife's and my first visit to Becco, having been planning on visiting for some time. After dining at two of Lydia's other restaurants - Felidia and Del Posto - we were expecting a good experience and Becco delivered. It must be said though that Becco is neither Felidia or Del Posto;it is not nearly as upscale and not nearly as costly. It is more casual and more approachable for the average diner. The food is very good - we both had the Sinfonia di Pasta, the house special - and were pleased. The service was excellent; our server was knowledgeable, attentive and very personable. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Decent food - extremely loudcjdumontDined on 8/27/2014if you want to yell at your party to talk to them, this is the place for you - they stuff in so many people into such a small place, it is so loud you can't think. Food is good - but hard to get past the noise.Special Features:
- Pre Theater DiningPJTdiningDined on 8/27/2014The food is outstanding authentic Italian. Our waiter gave us a more expensive wine for less money when they were out of 2 wines we requested . Our waiter also was mindful of our theater time contstaints. The restaurant is somewhat crowded and noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basically an upscale Olive GardenSpdrj0VIPDined on 8/27/2014It's close by my office so I stop in occasionally and grab the symphony of pasta which is very staid, bland and uninspired. Most of the pastas are boxed and not fresh made. This would have been fine 10 years ago - but the bar has been raised and they haven't kept up. The sauces are very neutral which may be targeted to the tourists which make up a lot of the customers. It's not bad - it's just not a remarkable place.
- NOT TO BE MISSEDOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014A real gem. Located right in the heart of the theatre district.Special Features:
- we3dolunchVIPDined on 8/27/2014It was wonderful...I have been here many times and am never disappointed by the food. Our recent experience was even better..the pasta selection was the best I have ever had. It is a true neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- great FOOD!!!BEACHFUN22Dined on 8/26/2014Everything was wonderful!! The food, wine and dessert were amazing. The service was top notch as well!! Love that we never felt rushed :)Special Features:
- Pasta DeliziosoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We ate their fresh pasta that they're famous for, delicious! The staff was also very kind when helping make recommendationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent. experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014First visit but will not be our last. Angelo the manager came to the table and engaged in a 15 minute conversation. Delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect after a show.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Excellent choice for after that "special event" occasion. The pasta choices were very good and service well done. I would recommend it and return again. The staff was accommodating when we needed to tweak our reservation. Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible serviceLuv2dineNYDined on 8/25/2014Waitress was so annoying asking if we were ready to order every minute and in hurry to rush us out!!! and it was Monday, lot of seats available!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014We enjoyed the food. But we were not overly impressed. The lasagna was good, but the pasta trio was average. The bread basket and bean spread were delicious. The caeser salad was good. Other than the bean spread, nothing was excellent.
- PerfectNicbelleyDined on 8/24/2014The first Time that I sent in New-Yor, I had no reservation, but this Time, I reserved on internet. It was a wonderful moment with friends. For sure I will come back.Special Features:
- Unlimited Pasta & $25 btl of vino!InthebizDined on 8/24/2014Always my favorite after a show. Great location near theater district in Hells Kitchen. Unlimited Pasta never dissapoints. Will be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014It was my first time visiting Becco but not the last! I enjoyed everything about my experience. The food and service were excellent! Jason was amazing and knowledgble. Like I said , I live here in NYC and will def come back and bring friends and family. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating our first night on our honeymoon and absolutely loved Becco! Affordable for New York and outstanding food. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Worth it!MickeyGDined on 8/23/2014When visiting NYC, I wanted to visit a restaurant that was not a chain but had some notariety. Becco was recommended by a work friend of my son. The food was delicious! So glad we tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill and BonniehoneymoonersDined on 8/23/2014Lovely evening, spent our honeymoon in New York City and Becco was highly recommended....it did not disappoint. We did feel that the dinner was a bit rushed..... Pastas , veal , and fish all delicious, as well as the cheesecake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GilbertDined on 8/23/2014We visit Becco each trip to New York City. The meals have always been very good at a reasonable price. We'll be back again!Special Features:
- Never fails to be great2olderbroadsDined on 8/23/2014Although we have been to BECCO several times for lunch, this was our first dinner reservation. Our show wasn't until 8 but we were able to get a reservation for 4:15 only. Our wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. Because there were few diners at this hour, they were able to converse about the food and wine beyond their normal table delivery. We were not rushed. We discussed some of our favorite lunch meals and wines. The lamb chops were done to perfection. My partner's stuffed peppers were unlike anything she had ever tasted before. We were brought a complimentary dish of sorbet with our dessert. This ended the meal perfectly. Thank you, BECCO for another memorial meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placetattooedDined on 8/23/2014My first trip to Becco. Everything was so right. Recommend it without hesitation!Special Features:
- Fabulous Lunch ExperiencediningdivaDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious, it arrived in a timely manner, we were impressed with the service, the extent of the wine list, the concern of the waitstaff and their ability to get our food to us so we could make our 2 pm theatre performance. We ordered off the menu, rather than the prix fixe, but next time we will definitely try the pasta trio.Special Features:
- Great Lunch at BeccoJazminVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a great Saturday lunch at Becco. The food was outstanding and there was a terrific selection of appetizers, Entrees, and desserts! The wine list is tremendous! The waitstaff was wonderful and very knowledgeable. We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpecialgeneDined on 8/23/2014Highly recommend going there PLEASE bring your appetite as you leave stuffed!!! and the Price is incredible!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComplimentiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I am an italian lady with a very strong cooking family tradition, I follow Masterchef in Italy every edition and so I was curious once in nyc to try one of your restaurants, well, I must say that everything was perfect, food very welll done, (i appreciate the bread basket ) the spada fish was cooked properly, although the liver was a little behind cook. Only one remark, too many tables, and at full it is a little too loud, but on the other side this means everybody like to eat at yours! So, again, complimenti. Gaia Rome
- "Lived Up to High Expectations"dajahappyDined on 8/22/2014My personal chef friend recommended Becco to me years ago as a great place to dine in Times Square area but unable to make reservation on a spur of the moment theatre dates. With a few days lead time in advance of my siblings coming into mid town Manhattan, I made a quick reservation for a Friday. Extremely busy, the tavern waiting area was cramped and noisy, but after a 15 minute wait, we were seated upstairs where the ambience was perfect for our sibling get together. Service and dishes lived up to high expectations I had based on my personal chef friend's extremely scrutinizing taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-theatre meal.TravelsnobDined on 8/22/2014My daughter and I had a wonderful dinner at Becco before a play. The three pasta special might be the best deal in town. The rest of the menu looked great including a reasonably priced wine list. The service was excellent. The restaurant is small, and the tables are close together. Noise level is also high. However, if you are looking for great dinner before a show, Becco is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special lunch with my daughterCaro79Dined on 8/22/2014We ate at Becco for lunch on a Friday, as a special treat during our mother/daughter trip to NYC. I had eaten dinner there on a previous trip in the winter, and still think about the food I ate! I ordered a glass of prosecco, which was cool and refreshing after walking all morning, and we shared the Cesar salad. The croutons and dressing were delicious and special. Then I had the 3 fresh pasta special, which I highly recommend because the pasta is so fresh and the sauces are to die for. My daughter ordered the chicken parmesan, which was perfection. Becco is a great place to share dishes, since the servings are ample. The food is unforgettable and fresh, the service is friendly but professional, and the ambiance is clean and unpretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fooda13360manDined on 8/21/2014The food is good, and, as regulars know, the $25 wine list is excellent. This allows you to enjoy wine without feeling outrageously ripped off.
- We loved itBarbizonDined on 8/21/2014Our waiter was great, the food was great. I especially liked the $25 wine list - made it very easy to choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice cozy bar. Great service!FlgirlDined on 8/20/2014Staff very friendly and accommodating .. Food was fantastic as well as dessert🎂Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great spotpennst8rDined on 8/20/2014Couldn't have been happier with my time at Becco - was travelling alone and sat at the Bar - perfect for people watching! The food was incredible and service was fantastic. Highly recommend. Perfectly situated close to theaters. Would highly recommend and can't wait to go again on my next trip back to NYC.
- Wonderful visit again!pumpkin1Dined on 8/20/2014This was our tenth visit to Becco and it was every bit was good as the previous nine visits. The service was delightful, we were seated 5 minutes after our scheduled reservation and, most importantly, the food was delicious. The menu offered a large variety of options so we were able to select exactly what we wanted. We will definitely return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014Reservation honored. Great selection of choices. Liked the dinner of three pastas on one plate with constant offers to replenish your choices. The veal chop was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Becco and Lidia.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014This place never disappoints. I've never had a bad meal and return every time I visit NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentGiacomoDined on 8/20/2014Even as a pre theater venue the entire experience remains outstanding whenever you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disgusting!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Be coco is not what it used to be. When it first opened the food was delicious- now it's like a fast food Italian ... Save yourself the trip
- Broadway matinee lunch spotDonnaLisaDined on 8/20/2014Super place to go for lunch before a Broadway matineeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulouslovebeccoDined on 8/20/2014I have been to Becco's many times and this visit did not disappoint!! Food, service was impeccable! Loved sharing this experience for the first time with my daughter!Special Features:
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Everything i have tried at Becco has been delicious. Definitely a place to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.