355 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.becco-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2123977597
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 10:00 Tuesday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Wednesday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Thursday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Friday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 12:00 Saturday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Sunday: 12:00 - 3:00/3:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: William Gallagher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: All of the following trains stop at Times Square 42nd Street N/Q/W - 1/2/3 - A/C/E - 7 - S Upper East Side: Take the to Lexington Avenue/59th Street & transfer to the downtown to Times Square 42nd Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Becco is not affiliated with a specific parking garage; however, there are 2 lots East of the restuarant on 46th street.
A word from Becco
Lidia Bastianich & her son Joe's Theater District mainstay. Best known for the $22.95 pasta tasting menu & the great selections on the $25 Italian wine list. Loved by locals & out of towners alike, Becco has been serving consistently delicious regional Italian cuisine since 1993. Located on the famed Restaurant Row in NYC's Theatre District, Becco is open for lunch & dinner seven days a week. Enjoy signature dishes, like the Osso Bucco, as well as the bounty of fresh seasonal preparations. The Reserve Wine list has many of Italy's best known producers, as well as some more eclectic wine makers. A knowledgeable staffer will be on hand to help you make a great choice. With 18 years on restaurant row, great food & great service help make Becco the right choice time & time again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Becco reviews from OpenTable diners
1111 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (507)neighborhood gem (449)notable wine list (415)special occasion (367)good for groups (287)great for lunch (269)hot spot (193)romantic (153)late-night find (96)kid-friendly (88)vibrant bar scene (53)great for brunch (46)great for outdoor dining (38)scenic view (15)Show More
- Delicious and gluten free friendly!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014Thought it was great! Food was good and they were gluten free friendly! The waiter knew exactly what someone with an allergy could and cold not have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencetomuchtravelVIPDined on 10/22/2014ALWAYS great! I have had oppertunity to take small groups and large groups to Becco for dinner a number of times each year. They have NEVER disappointed! Excellent Food, Excellent Service, Excellent Atmosphere and always leave feeling like I made the right choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very crowded and noisy.Luvs2travlDined on 10/22/2014Used to love this place. Chicken enter was good. Antipasto was excellent but the three pasta special was awful. Maybe the choices that night... No ravioli, semolina gnocchi which tasted like cardboard polenta, pasta with tomato and basil was bland. $25 wine bottles still a great draw. I brought a guest and felt ridiculous for raving about Becco. Maybe just got too popular!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/22/2014Had dinner on a Wednesday night after a matinee show and the joint was jumpin'! The pasta trio this particular night was outstanding as was the antipasto misto. We've eaten here several times and have yet to be disappointed. Quite an extensive $25 a bottle wine list - a bargain in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot after the theater!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2014Been here several times and I enjoy it more and more. Though be sure to make a reservation. We arrived late and we were not rushed. They claim to turn the tables over but we didn't get that feeling. Our waiter Mitch was great. They could work on the the bus service- sloppy and noticeable. Delicious food and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FestiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Becco was a festive, fun place to go before a show. It felt like a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rinabadinaVIPDined on 10/22/2014Service and food outstanding...Loved the Kale salad. Great place to go before or after theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becco in the theatre district, NYCKleeVIPDined on 10/22/2014What a fabulous time we had for lunch at Becco. This restaurant is conveniently located in the theater district in NYC, so you are steps away from getting to your show on Broadway. The staff, although it seemed they were overwhelmed at times, are as attentive and efficient as they can be. The meals were delicious and plate presentation was good. My grilled salmon over roasted brussel sprouts were mouthwatering and I didn't want the meal to end. My suggestion for lunch before a matinee is to get to Becco early, have a seat at the bar, indulge and treat yourself to an espresso, before the masses get there...Enjoy the environment and the friendly staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/21/2014Our favorite spot for pre theater dinner. Reasonably priced prix fixe three pasta dinner with appetizer. Good selection of "one price fits all" wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The pasta trio dish here is amazing, it was so good we went two nights in a row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot how goodPleasedinPrincetonDined on 10/20/2014It's been a while since we've been to Becco. After our group had lunch here we will return! The salads and pasta were deliciously fresh and served in abundance. It's cost effective and friendly. Would definitely recommend Becco for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014Becco sets the standard for upscale italian options in a wonderful setting. Our server was just average and could have been more warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014This was the best service I've ever experienced! The food was delicious. The waiters didn't make us feel rushed at all.Special Features:
- Excelent experienceRDevisateDined on 10/19/2014Food well served, tasty, family environment. Decoration typical of an Italian trattoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food tight quartersDegereDined on 10/19/2014We both enjoyed the pasta special preceded by an interesting antipasta.seated in the back room in a corner area, I was bumped by the servers several times. Annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BravoPGGALDined on 10/19/2014We were visiting from California and planned to visit Becco. We were very pleased with the experience - ate there two nights. Stuffed peppers and the meatballs were great. The pasta trio is a great bargain and wine for $25/bottle. Very lively place and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CTTravelerDined on 10/19/2014This was my first and last time to Becco. It seems to me they are riding on Lidia's fame too much. There were far too many people squeezed into a very tight space you were constantly being shoved and pushed by some waiter's back side. The noise was VERY high inside and made it tough for people to converse. Once the food finally came, it was not bad. But the wait and the uninspired servers/ staff made it a poor dining experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was delicious. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater dinner!icandoit45Dined on 10/18/2014I've been to this restaurant twice. Had the pasta special twice, which I highly recommend. A salad and bottomless pasta with three options of a daily set selection of delicious pastas. Homemade noodles to boot! One was a pumpkin ravioli in brown butter sauce, second a long noodle pasta with pesto and green beans, and the third a penne vodka with shrimp. I had extra helpings of each! Word of warning: pastas are so good you'll need to exercise some self control to keep from overeating. Also the $25 wine list makes this a very affordable option in this area and the selection is very good.Special Features:
- Quaint and comfortableKlcslpDined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. I loved the idea of the 3 pastas however, it is difficult when you do not like all 3 varieties. This restaurant was recommended by a friend and I would also recommend it for people looking for an Italian restaurant. The breadsticks were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Every single wine is 25 per bottle and for the price there was ample good selection. We ordered the lunch special which was OK. I think ordering something else may have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyDined on 10/18/2014We go to Becco every year to celebrate our anniversary!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo to BeccoMarcyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Time and again I am impressed by not only the fabulous food and wine at Becco but by the professionalism of the staff......somehow, day after day of a constantly packed house for lunch and dinner, the service is amazing.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Took my mother and her girlfriend to lunch. We sat upstairs near the stairs and their was a lot of traffic and the noise level made it difficult to have a conversation. I had heard great reviews and was looking forward to the pasta. I ordered the fixed price pasta trio for $18.95. Bolognaise was tasty, spaghetti dish was boring and I could not eat the ravioli. Wine list was good. Overall service was very good. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent food, service and an overall great experience!!!Special Features:
- Great Pre-FixCaTollDined on 10/17/2014Can't beat the spot for pre-fix before theater! Second time there..yummy...$10 wine would be my only complaint, not too good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeccoBeforeBeautifulDined on 10/17/2014Wonderful dinner...great, helpful, happy waitress...sat outside on street which was fun bc nice night...left my scarf and they called me about it!! Huge menu and hard to decide bc all sounded good. Will definitely go back...maybe take kids before matinee and get the pasta special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable@aol.comLuv2dineDined on 10/17/2014My second visit confirmed a perfect pre-theatre choice. Excellent food, service, and ambiance. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!GolfinggalVIPDined on 10/16/2014Delicious food, fantastic mid course pasta trio! Loved the $25 wine list! Was introduced to a wonderful Tuscan red! Perfect for after theatre dining! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- great theatre district restaurantCheechDined on 10/16/2014The food was delicious. The service was amazing. The restaurant started out quiet, but got really busy really fast. We tried their 3 pasta special...yummy. Desert was also delicious. Highly recommended for theater dining. They also made sure we had enough time to get to the theatre without rushing us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becco is a theater district gemwant2eatItalianDined on 10/16/2014This theater district restaurant is a gem. We were impressed with the overall service - friendly and helpful. The three pastas for lunch were of excellent quality. I thought I was dining in Rome!Special Features:
- Always a memorable mealLATheatreTravelerDined on 10/15/2014We have made Becco a regular on our NYC Theatre trips for many years. It never disappoints. Normally we have the 3 pasta sampler which is a huge bargain for a NYC restaurant @ $22.95. The 2 of us got a caesar salad and a antipasto plate, which come with the pre-fix pasta dinner, and split the two. The antipasto plate that night was a seafood and grilled vegetable plate. Excellent! The 3 pastas were rich and flavorful. The pastas are unlimited. Unfortunately, we had no room for seconds. They were all so delicious, I would loved to have had seconds. We're going for a second visit to Becco on this trip. We love it. Lydia Bastianich is a genius! The location on Restaurant Row is so convenient for either a pre or post-theatre dinner.Special Features:
- Best of New YorkSteeletemiDined on 10/15/2014This is my second visit to Becco and was not disappointed. The food is incredible. Service is excellent. In New York City I think it is the most value for your money. I would never go to city with out a meal there.Special Features:
- To 2 BusyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014We went for an early dinner on Restaurant Row to meet friends, a BIG mistake, Lots of people for pre theater food. Service at first was not so good, taking care of pre-theater diners, then it was much better as the room emptied out. We would like to go again when it's a little more quiet.
- A little dissapointingChefMikeDined on 10/15/2014As always, I enjoyed Becco. I was slightly disappointed with the quality of the three Pastas offered for the "Sinfonia de Paste." The Orrechiette with cabbage and bacon had a good flavor, but the sauce was thin, watery, and did not coat the pasta. The spaghetti alla chittara was cooked perfectly-al dente, but the sauce needed some more flavor, perhaps a splash of olive oil and some more salt in the cooking water. The semolina gnocchi al formaggio was flavorful, but again, the sauce was thin and did not coat the pasta. I know how passionate Lydia is about pasta, and I know she would not have been satisfied with these items that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- return VisitDSW212Dined on 10/15/2014Theater then Becco ...This is always the plan & I have never been disappointed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but tables too closeCtwnyDined on 10/15/2014Always good food but very crazy during theatre hours. The tables are close, you can barely move in the place. Not comfortable or relaxing at all.
- yummyDined on 10/15/2014Have been to Becco many times and consistently great! Usually go to Becco when we are in Manhattan - food and service consistently very good and never feel rushed to get to a show on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014enjoyed our meal but thought maybe a little to crowded but it's a NYC restaurant and that's to be expected especially on a Wednesday with people trying to get to a show. I wish the meals were a little more explained to us by our server, but what we chose was good, since this our first time there we didn't know what to expect. I would probably go back and try this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeccoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014Second time to Becco and the experience was just as enjoyable as the first. Excellent service and food. A bit squeezed in, but that is to be expected when having lunch in the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.