355 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.becco-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2123977597
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 10:00 Tuesday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Wednesday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Thursday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Friday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 12:00 Saturday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Sunday: 12:00 - 3:00/3:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: William Gallagher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: All of the following trains stop at Times Square 42nd Street N/Q/W - 1/2/3 - A/C/E - 7 - S Upper East Side: Take the to Lexington Avenue/59th Street & transfer to the downtown to Times Square 42nd Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Becco is not affiliated with a specific parking garage; however, there are 2 lots East of the restuarant on 46th street.
A word from Becco
Lidia Bastianich & her son Joe's Theater District mainstay. Best known for the $22.95 pasta tasting menu & the great selections on the $25 Italian wine list. Loved by locals & out of towners alike, Becco has been serving consistently delicious regional Italian cuisine since 1993. Located on the famed Restaurant Row in NYC's Theatre District, Becco is open for lunch & dinner seven days a week. Enjoy signature dishes, like the Osso Bucco, as well as the bounty of fresh seasonal preparations. The Reserve Wine list has many of Italy's best known producers, as well as some more eclectic wine makers. A knowledgeable staffer will be on hand to help you make a great choice. With 18 years on restaurant row, great food & great service help make Becco the right choice time & time again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Becco reviews from OpenTable diners
1300 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (550)neighborhood gem (532)notable wine list (488)special occasion (438)good for groups (337)great for lunch (333)hot spot (234)romantic (179)late-night find (105)kid-friendly (94)great for brunch (76)vibrant bar scene (61)great for outdoor dining (46)scenic view (19)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014rustic - funky appearance - loved the food - no pressure to turn over the table - we were there for more than three hours eating drinking and talking - would definitely go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendBarryDined on 8/30/2014On time reservations worked out great for us to make a 8:00 show. As a party of 4 everyone enjoyed their meals. An awesome ExperienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All you can eat pasta !Nat67Dined on 8/30/2014We had the "all you can eat pasta" which was pretty good. There are 3 pasta choices. One out of the 3 was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014Very disappointed. Expected a Babbo like experience. Pasta was mediocre at best.
- Phenomenal service, fresh pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Best service I've seen in ages, wait staff and restaurant is a well oiled machine that clearly knows how to be efficient and hospitable at the same timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OttawaFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Excellent Italian food at hard to beat prices for Times Square area. Unbeatable value for wines at $25. Part of Lidia B's empire so you know the food will be great. Best value I've seen in years. Will go back often.Special Features:
- Always reliable ...CandGDined on 8/29/2014I invited a couple of newly wed friends so we could celebrate their union in a favorite restaurant ... I requested a table in the room with the skylight and precisely at the appointed time, I was escorted to the table to await arrival of my guests. They had never been to Becco's before and were so very surprised to be amidst all the energy of the place. They loved the simplicity of the food selection and the fact that there was a very large reasonable wine list ... It was also a treat for them to glimpse chef Billy Gallagher in the kitchen ... I have been to Becco many times and it has never failed to impress -- terrific, consistent food, excellent service and very courteous staff. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014The good news was the price for their special Went Friday at 6 pm very noisy felt rushed server was quick and hurried. We all had the special of salad with 3 pastas. It was just ok. Was expecting better quality. Wouldn't go back
- DisappointingdebnjVIPDined on 8/29/2014We arrive at 5:20 for a 6 pm reservation & wanted to have a drink at the bar. The staff at the Maître d stand approached us 3 times telling us our table was ready. At 10 minutes to 6 we were told to settle our bar bill & the maître d insisted we be seated before our reservation time. There were 3 of us and we were seated at a table for 2 with an extra chair for the 3rd person. There was barely enough room on the table for our plates. Overall the food was good but we will not return because of the manner in which we were treated. Lattanzi next door is far superior in regards to how they treat their guests.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Very noisy and wait staff seemed frenetic. Food was good, but pace of service and noise level ruined ambiance.
- Simple, delicious ItalianThaurosDined on 8/29/2014If you need a delicious pre- or post-theater meal, and don't want to break the bank, this would be a great place to consider. The pris fixe 3 pasta meal is extraordinary for less than $25, as is the extensive $25 wine list (they've got more expensive, but why--these wines are great. Add in top notch service and you've got a true theater district value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC you can count onCandyDined on 8/28/2014We always make Becco a pre theater stop while in NYC and it never disappoints. The pasta symphonia is always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable awesome italianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Delicious everytime! Enjoyed the homemade pasta, fluke, veal piccata!Special Features:
- Great Lunch Nice AtmosphereDiniGDined on 8/28/2014Becco was great! We had the pasta special for lunch and it was delicious! Good service and nice attractive restaurant. I've already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovebeccolovebeccoDined on 8/28/2014This was the first time I took my granddaughter to Becco. She was treated with the same caring that they show to the adults. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE THIS PLACENYCHaynesVIPDined on 8/27/2014this is my Go To restaurant in NYC - birthdays - anniversarys - or JUST a GREAT late night meal after the theaterSpecial Features:
- A more "approachable" BastianichTomWDined on 8/27/2014Yes, the tables are very close together and yes, it is quite noisy, but the food is very good and worth the "trouble". This was my wife's and my first visit to Becco, having been planning on visiting for some time. After dining at two of Lydia's other restaurants - Felidia and Del Posto - we were expecting a good experience and Becco delivered. It must be said though that Becco is neither Felidia or Del Posto;it is not nearly as upscale and not nearly as costly. It is more casual and more approachable for the average diner. The food is very good - we both had the Sinfonia di Pasta, the house special - and were pleased. The service was excellent; our server was knowledgeable, attentive and very personable. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Decent food - extremely loudcjdumontDined on 8/27/2014if you want to yell at your party to talk to them, this is the place for you - they stuff in so many people into such a small place, it is so loud you can't think. Food is good - but hard to get past the noise.Special Features:
- Pre Theater DiningPJTdiningDined on 8/27/2014The food is outstanding authentic Italian. Our waiter gave us a more expensive wine for less money when they were out of 2 wines we requested . Our waiter also was mindful of our theater time contstaints. The restaurant is somewhat crowded and noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basically an upscale Olive GardenSpdrj0VIPDined on 8/27/2014It's close by my office so I stop in occasionally and grab the symphony of pasta which is very staid, bland and uninspired. Most of the pastas are boxed and not fresh made. This would have been fine 10 years ago - but the bar has been raised and they haven't kept up. The sauces are very neutral which may be targeted to the tourists which make up a lot of the customers. It's not bad - it's just not a remarkable place.
- NOT TO BE MISSEDOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014A real gem. Located right in the heart of the theatre district.Special Features:
- we3dolunchVIPDined on 8/27/2014It was wonderful...I have been here many times and am never disappointed by the food. Our recent experience was even better..the pasta selection was the best I have ever had. It is a true neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- great FOOD!!!BEACHFUN22Dined on 8/26/2014Everything was wonderful!! The food, wine and dessert were amazing. The service was top notch as well!! Love that we never felt rushed :)Special Features:
- Pasta DeliziosoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We ate their fresh pasta that they're famous for, delicious! The staff was also very kind when helping make recommendationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent. experienceJoeGDined on 8/25/2014First visit but will not be our last. Angelo the manager came to the table and engaged in a 15 minute conversation. Delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect after a show.happyhereDined on 8/25/2014Excellent choice for after that "special event" occasion. The pasta choices were very good and service well done. I would recommend it and return again. The staff was accommodating when we needed to tweak our reservation. Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible serviceLuv2dineNYDined on 8/25/2014Waitress was so annoying asking if we were ready to order every minute and in hurry to rush us out!!! and it was Monday, lot of seats available!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014We enjoyed the food. But we were not overly impressed. The lasagna was good, but the pasta trio was average. The bread basket and bean spread were delicious. The caeser salad was good. Other than the bean spread, nothing was excellent.
- PerfectNicbelleyDined on 8/24/2014The first Time that I sent in New-Yor, I had no reservation, but this Time, I reserved on internet. It was a wonderful moment with friends. For sure I will come back.Special Features:
- Unlimited Pasta & $25 btl of vino!InthebizDined on 8/24/2014Always my favorite after a show. Great location near theater district in Hells Kitchen. Unlimited Pasta never dissapoints. Will be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014It was my first time visiting Becco but not the last! I enjoyed everything about my experience. The food and service were excellent! Jason was amazing and knowledgble. Like I said , I live here in NYC and will def come back and bring friends and family. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating our first night on our honeymoon and absolutely loved Becco! Affordable for New York and outstanding food. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Worth it!MickeyGDined on 8/23/2014When visiting NYC, I wanted to visit a restaurant that was not a chain but had some notariety. Becco was recommended by a work friend of my son. The food was delicious! So glad we tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill and BonniehoneymoonersDined on 8/23/2014Lovely evening, spent our honeymoon in New York City and Becco was highly recommended....it did not disappoint. We did feel that the dinner was a bit rushed..... Pastas , veal , and fish all delicious, as well as the cheesecake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GilbertDined on 8/23/2014We visit Becco each trip to New York City. The meals have always been very good at a reasonable price. We'll be back again!Special Features:
- Never fails to be great2olderbroadsDined on 8/23/2014Although we have been to BECCO several times for lunch, this was our first dinner reservation. Our show wasn't until 8 but we were able to get a reservation for 4:15 only. Our wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. Because there were few diners at this hour, they were able to converse about the food and wine beyond their normal table delivery. We were not rushed. We discussed some of our favorite lunch meals and wines. The lamb chops were done to perfection. My partner's stuffed peppers were unlike anything she had ever tasted before. We were brought a complimentary dish of sorbet with our dessert. This ended the meal perfectly. Thank you, BECCO for another memorial meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placetattooedDined on 8/23/2014My first trip to Becco. Everything was so right. Recommend it without hesitation!Special Features:
- Fabulous Lunch ExperiencediningdivaDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious, it arrived in a timely manner, we were impressed with the service, the extent of the wine list, the concern of the waitstaff and their ability to get our food to us so we could make our 2 pm theatre performance. We ordered off the menu, rather than the prix fixe, but next time we will definitely try the pasta trio.Special Features:
- Great Lunch at BeccoJazminVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a great Saturday lunch at Becco. The food was outstanding and there was a terrific selection of appetizers, Entrees, and desserts! The wine list is tremendous! The waitstaff was wonderful and very knowledgeable. We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpecialgeneDined on 8/23/2014Highly recommend going there PLEASE bring your appetite as you leave stuffed!!! and the Price is incredible!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.