355 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.becco-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2123977597
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 10:00 Tuesday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Wednesday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Thursday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Friday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 12:00 Saturday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Sunday: 12:00 - 3:00/3:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: William Gallagher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: All of the following trains stop at Times Square 42nd Street N/Q/W - 1/2/3 - A/C/E - 7 - S Upper East Side: Take the to Lexington Avenue/59th Street & transfer to the downtown to Times Square 42nd Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Becco is not affiliated with a specific parking garage; however, there are 2 lots East of the restuarant on 46th street.
A word from Becco
Lidia Bastianich & her son Joe's Theater District mainstay. Best known for the $22.95 pasta tasting menu & the great selections on the $25 Italian wine list. Loved by locals & out of towners alike, Becco has been serving consistently delicious regional Italian cuisine since 1993. Located on the famed Restaurant Row in NYC's Theatre District, Becco is open for lunch & dinner seven days a week. Enjoy signature dishes, like the Osso Bucco, as well as the bounty of fresh seasonal preparations. The Reserve Wine list has many of Italy's best known producers, as well as some more eclectic wine makers. A knowledgeable staffer will be on hand to help you make a great choice. With 18 years on restaurant row, great food & great service help make Becco the right choice time & time again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Becco reviews from OpenTable diners
1114 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (506)neighborhood gem (449)notable wine list (414)special occasion (367)good for groups (278)great for lunch (271)hot spot (196)romantic (148)late-night find (94)kid-friendly (87)vibrant bar scene (50)great for brunch (47)great for outdoor dining (39)scenic view (15)Show More
- Amazing pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The pasta trio dish here is amazing, it was so good we went two nights in a row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food tight quartersDegereDined on 10/19/2014We both enjoyed the pasta special preceded by an interesting antipasta.seated in the back room in a corner area, I was bumped by the servers several times. Annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CTTravelerDined on 10/19/2014This was my first and last time to Becco. It seems to me they are riding on Lidia's fame too much. There were far too many people squeezed into a very tight space you were constantly being shoved and pushed by some waiter's back side. The noise was VERY high inside and made it tough for people to converse. Once the food finally came, it was not bad. But the wait and the uninspired servers/ staff made it a poor dining experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was delicious. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater dinner!icandoit45Dined on 10/18/2014I've been to this restaurant twice. Had the pasta special twice, which I highly recommend. A salad and bottomless pasta with three options of a daily set selection of delicious pastas. Homemade noodles to boot! One was a pumpkin ravioli in brown butter sauce, second a long noodle pasta with pesto and green beans, and the third a penne vodka with shrimp. I had extra helpings of each! Word of warning: pastas are so good you'll need to exercise some self control to keep from overeating. Also the $25 wine list makes this a very affordable option in this area and the selection is very good.Special Features:
- Quaint and comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. I loved the idea of the 3 pastas however, it is difficult when you do not like all 3 varieties. This restaurant was recommended by a friend and I would also recommend it for people looking for an Italian restaurant. The breadsticks were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Every single wine is 25 per bottle and for the price there was ample good selection. We ordered the lunch special which was OK. I think ordering something else may have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014We go to Becco every year to celebrate our anniversary!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo to BeccoMarcyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Time and again I am impressed by not only the fabulous food and wine at Becco but by the professionalism of the staff......somehow, day after day of a constantly packed house for lunch and dinner, the service is amazing.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent food, service and an overall great experience!!!Special Features:
- Great Pre-FixCaTollDined on 10/17/2014Can't beat the spot for pre-fix before theater! Second time there..yummy...$10 wine would be my only complaint, not too good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeccoBeforeBeautifulDined on 10/17/2014Wonderful dinner...great, helpful, happy waitress...sat outside on street which was fun bc nice night...left my scarf and they called me about it!! Huge menu and hard to decide bc all sounded good. Will definitely go back...maybe take kids before matinee and get the pasta special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable@aol.comLuv2dineDined on 10/17/2014My second visit confirmed a perfect pre-theatre choice. Excellent food, service, and ambiance. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!GolfinggalVIPDined on 10/16/2014Delicious food, fantastic mid course pasta trio! Loved the $25 wine list! Was introduced to a wonderful Tuscan red! Perfect for after theatre dining! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- great theatre district restaurantCheechDined on 10/16/2014The food was delicious. The service was amazing. The restaurant started out quiet, but got really busy really fast. We tried their 3 pasta special...yummy. Desert was also delicious. Highly recommended for theater dining. They also made sure we had enough time to get to the theatre without rushing us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becco is a theater district gemwant2eatItalianDined on 10/16/2014This theater district restaurant is a gem. We were impressed with the overall service - friendly and helpful. The three pastas for lunch were of excellent quality. I thought I was dining in Rome!Special Features:
- Always a memorable mealLATheatreTravelerDined on 10/15/2014We have made Becco a regular on our NYC Theatre trips for many years. It never disappoints. Normally we have the 3 pasta sampler which is a huge bargain for a NYC restaurant @ $22.95. The 2 of us got a caesar salad and a antipasto plate, which come with the pre-fix pasta dinner, and split the two. The antipasto plate that night was a seafood and grilled vegetable plate. Excellent! The 3 pastas were rich and flavorful. The pastas are unlimited. Unfortunately, we had no room for seconds. They were all so delicious, I would loved to have had seconds. We're going for a second visit to Becco on this trip. We love it. Lydia Bastianich is a genius! The location on Restaurant Row is so convenient for either a pre or post-theatre dinner.Special Features:
- Best of New YorkSteeletemiDined on 10/15/2014This is my second visit to Becco and was not disappointed. The food is incredible. Service is excellent. In New York City I think it is the most value for your money. I would never go to city with out a meal there.Special Features:
- To 2 BusyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014We went for an early dinner on Restaurant Row to meet friends, a BIG mistake, Lots of people for pre theater food. Service at first was not so good, taking care of pre-theater diners, then it was much better as the room emptied out. We would like to go again when it's a little more quiet.
- A little dissapointingChefMikeDined on 10/15/2014As always, I enjoyed Becco. I was slightly disappointed with the quality of the three Pastas offered for the "Sinfonia de Paste." The Orrechiette with cabbage and bacon had a good flavor, but the sauce was thin, watery, and did not coat the pasta. The spaghetti alla chittara was cooked perfectly-al dente, but the sauce needed some more flavor, perhaps a splash of olive oil and some more salt in the cooking water. The semolina gnocchi al formaggio was flavorful, but again, the sauce was thin and did not coat the pasta. I know how passionate Lydia is about pasta, and I know she would not have been satisfied with these items that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- return VisitDSW212Dined on 10/15/2014Theater then Becco ...This is always the plan & I have never been disappointed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but tables too closeCtwnyDined on 10/15/2014Always good food but very crazy during theatre hours. The tables are close, you can barely move in the place. Not comfortable or relaxing at all.
- yummyDined on 10/15/2014Have been to Becco many times and consistently great! Usually go to Becco when we are in Manhattan - food and service consistently very good and never feel rushed to get to a show on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014enjoyed our meal but thought maybe a little to crowded but it's a NYC restaurant and that's to be expected especially on a Wednesday with people trying to get to a show. I wish the meals were a little more explained to us by our server, but what we chose was good, since this our first time there we didn't know what to expect. I would probably go back and try this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeccoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014Second time to Becco and the experience was just as enjoyable as the first. Excellent service and food. A bit squeezed in, but that is to be expected when having lunch in the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Matinee lunchrta13Dined on 10/15/2014Excellent lunch for the pre theatre crowd. We ordered the 3 pasta lunch w/ choice of salad or antipasto plate. The pasta was excellent, especially the mushroom ravioli. It was great though because there were many servers walking around with full pasta plates ready to fill you up, you didn't finish and wait. Another excellent idea was the $25 wine list option - had to be nearly 100 options, so you didn't have to play the price game in your head. All around great dining experience. I noted on OpenTable that it was my wife's birthday, so we also had ice cream and a song - really nice!!Special Features:
- slp2Dined on 10/14/2014excellent!! We enjoy coming her when in NYC Will return when in the area againSpecial Features:
- Great pre-theater mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014The table d'hote at Becco is fantastic for pasta-lovers. 3 different pasta dishes are offered, AYCE, with the choice of soup or salad as an appetizers. The ceasar salad was quite tasty and I enjoyed all 3 pastas. We were seated upstairs, and unfortunately they try to jam in too many tables/people which made the atmosphere a bit cramped. The best part: about 30 + wines at 25$ a bottle. We ordered a very nice primitivo. Definately worth going to for a tasty meal and some good / inexpensive wines. Very close to the theater district, and in a great location on restaurant row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LinnyDined on 10/14/2014The stuffed peppers are a favorite...wonderful as always. My husband had chicken parmigiana and loved it. But we both love the apple strudel most of all...it's unlike strudel anywhere else. Mainly apples and very little dough, with a lovely cinnamon gelato. Delizioso!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Waitress and staff in too much of a hurry; dinner should be relaxed and not rushed. Don't think that I would go back there or recommend to othersSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The service was absolutely terrible and the help inattentive. This is the quintessential tourist trap.
- kid FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Our family of five were welcomed with smiles and charm from the wait staff. May young daughters LOVED the over sized meatballs and pasta. Thank you for making our day in NYC such a treat. DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with familyDine2dayDined on 10/13/2014A true Italian find tucked in the Broadway area! The 3 pasta presentation was so delish and the aperitivo that came with it! The red wine smooth to the palate! We certainly had a great lunch before our matinee show at 2pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably great.Insearchofgreatfoodwine1Dined on 10/13/2014Becco is the best. Been going a few times each year for 20 years. The price-fixe 3 course pasta menu with the accompanying $25 wine list is the best quality/best value pre-theater option around. All the pastas are consistently terrific, occasionally exceptional. Go off the price-fixe, and the grilled whole branzino and extensive wine list with some great Italian reds are a treat. Can get pricey, but I give it five stars based on the combination of great food and great value. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming backWash2BosDined on 10/12/2014We have visited New York City 9 times and after finding Becco we have returned to the restaurant on every trip. The food is delicious. The 3 pasta dinner option fills my boys up at a reasonable cost. The other menu items are always intriguing and each has been tasty. In general the prices are good and they have a long list of wines by the bottle for $25. The service is friendly and fast. You must get reservations to get a seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becco Never Disappoints!BlondsterDined on 10/12/2014I usually return to NYC about 3 times a year and Becco is always on the list for dinner. Regardless of the number of times I have been here, it never fails to amaze me. It is always busy, the lines of incoming guests seem endless, yet service is great, food is wonderful, wine and desert are outstanding. The all you can eat 3 pasta special is always delicious. The staff is very creative, talented, and entertaining just watching their motions through the rooms. As always it was a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Eat to your heart's contentRoisinDined on 10/12/2014Wonderful food especially pasta dishes! Liam is the best waiter! Ask to sit at his station. And the meatballs are unbelievable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best pasta everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Becco's pasta is so very good it's hard to order the other wonderful menu items. Wine is reasonably priced and the dessert and coffees are also great. Been there before and will be back again.Special Features:
- Soooooo good!FromMichiganDined on 10/12/2014We never expected such an amazing experience for such a reasonable price. Great food, outstanding service. Wish we lived closer...we'd be regulars there.Special Features:
- Great Italian cuinineGracieDined on 10/12/2014We had the best fried calamari. Prosciutto, steak, lamb, ahi tuna. Pricey but worth it. Call for reservations. There was a waiting line out the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.