355 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.becco-nyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 397-7597
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 10:00 Tuesday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Wednesday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Thursday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Friday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 12:00 Saturday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Sunday: 12:00 - 3:00/3:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: William Gallagher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: All of the following trains stop at Times Square 42nd Street N/Q/W - 1/2/3 - A/C/E - 7 - S Upper East Side: Take the to Lexington Avenue/59th Street & transfer to the downtown to Times Square 42nd Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Becco is not affiliated with a specific parking garage; however, there are 2 lots East of the restuarant on 46th street.
A word from Becco
Lidia Bastianich & her son Joe's Theater District mainstay. Best known for the $22.95 pasta tasting menu & the great selections on the $25 Italian wine list. Loved by locals & out of towners alike, Becco has been serving consistently delicious regional Italian cuisine since 1993. Located on the famed Restaurant Row in NYC's Theatre District, Becco is open for lunch & dinner seven days a week. Enjoy signature dishes, like the Osso Bucco, as well as the bounty of fresh seasonal preparations. The Reserve Wine list has many of Italy's best known producers, as well as some more eclectic wine makers. A knowledgeable staffer will be on hand to help you make a great choice. With 18 years on restaurant row, great food & great service help make Becco the right choice time & time again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Becco reviews from OpenTable diners
1168 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (561)neighborhood gem (480)notable wine list (440)special occasion (339)good for groups (310)great for lunch (286)hot spot (212)romantic (139)late-night find (116)kid-friendly (81)vibrant bar scene (61)great for brunch (55)great for outdoor dining (29)scenic view (15)Show More
- Just OK this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2014I often take out of towners here, or groups pre show. I guess pre show it is still OK - but if we don't have plans afterward I will try another place in midtown next time. Here is why: The pasta, which is why you go to becco, was just not good. The ravioli was beet + goat cheese.. two ingredients I enjoy, and often together a really yummy, but this ravioli was yuck. No-one at the table enjoyed it. The lemon chicken was decent. Not anything amazing, but it had a good flavor, cooked well - but I don't even remember if it was served with a vegetable. Forgettable but not offensive. Becco needs to freshen up their menu a bit. The whole place seemed a little stale.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really attentive staff, cause there are so many...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2014I had made a special request for a "quite table" which is hard to have in such a fun and popular close table setting, but with a 5PM (first seating) I was very happy to be place in the back corner and the table next to us wasn't filled till 6:15. Well done to the staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Great food. Should provide individual bill for groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot in theatre districtLindaDined on 11/23/2014Great food close to the shows. Our waiter was very nice and prompt. The three pasta dish was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2014Ceasar salad was bland and unseasoned. Biscotti was awful! No flavor - like cardboard. Main meal (house pasta trio, chicken parm and stuffed pepper) was delicious.Special Features:
- great foodlynsterDined on 11/23/2014Tight seating, very loud atmosphere but that doesn't matter because the food is great. The pasta trio is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just GREAAAAAAAAAT !!!!!!!!!BarbDined on 11/23/2014Becco's is always a great experience, great food, great wines, great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too busy/make sure you make a reservation!!KDW72Dined on 11/22/2014My friend and I went on a Saturday night, we had reservations for 6:30pm. There was a woman at the door who was directing people in and out, she was rude and loud. There were so many people waiting, by the hostess stand, I felt like I was on the subway at rush hour. The tables are so close together, you feel like your eating with the people sitting next to you. While i was annoyed at all that.....the food was great!!! We were seeing a show at 8pm and they fed us in time, but didn't feel rushed. Service was great!!! I will definitley go back, but maybe during the week. Weekends are way too busy. Make sure you make a reservation, I heard them telling people it would be a 1 hour wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousNightoutDined on 11/22/2014I have eaten here about 5 times and every time has been wonderful. The food is always hot, fresh and delicious. Service is good and managers check in from time to time at your table. Tables are a bit close together but I haven't minded so far. Breadsticks are amazing!! Pasta add-on for $9 more is always worth it! I'll definitely be returning the next time I see a Broadway play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When we go to NYC, this is our go to place !!Hard2pleesDined on 11/22/2014Whenever we are in NYC, we stop by Becco's for Great Food and Great Service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch, pasta cooked perfectlynelson71Dined on 11/22/2014Hard to find a great $18 lunch in NYC...this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food. I wasn't "wowed"nyc4adayDined on 11/22/2014Bread was delish, main entree was good. Tight quarters, but I expected that based on other reviews. Noise wasn't as bad as some make it seem. We sat upstairs and it was pleasant. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with our lunch but I've had better in the theater district. Was nice to try someplace new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Becco owned by Lidia Bastianich and her son Joe that you may have seen her on TV on her Lydia's kitchen…we arrived at 8 o'clock for our 8 o'clock reservation and we're seated immediately, we all had to three pasta sampler served table side that comes with either of you Cesar or the antipasto salad for $22.95. They also have an extensive wine list that are all $25. Make reservations early and you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service, ValueLibber8Dined on 11/21/2014We tried Becco for the first time last week. Located in NYC's theater district, it's a great pre-event venue! Excellent food, service, and menu. Seating is tight, so be ready to meet your "neighbor". We will definitely return, and the $25/ bottle wine list makes for an affordable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over CrowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014I had made reservation 1 week earlier for 6:30 to make sure i would have time to get to my play. I arrived at 6:15 to wait standing up in the middle of tables with at least 15 like me.I am sure it was not fun for does who were eating to see us all stand around them. At 7pm i finally got my table only to rush and eat.I suggest, reserve for less people and take care of them .
- First time thereJoeyDined on 11/21/2014Have been a fan of Mr. Bastianich on TV and being foodies, we planned to dine in one of his restaurants. Needless to say we were blown away, no doubt one our top ten dining experiences over many years and in many Countries ! The food, service & experience lives up to the Hype. Will definately be back next time we are in NY.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2014The tables are way too close to each other. When the table next to us was being served I had to lean to one side so the waiter good serve them. Was bumped several times during dinner. The noise level is over whelming. We had a late night dinner (10:30 reservation) and it was disturbing when they started mopping the floor around us while we were having desert.
- Dinner prior to theatreEdbud99Dined on 11/20/2014Becco NEVER disappoints. The knowledgable wait-staff are helpful and extremely efficient. The pre theatre concept if delicious very efficient. The food is hot, varied, and wonderful. We visit Becco everytime we are in NYC . I'd highly recommend Becco to anyone wanting wonderful food in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisy and crowded ...RsparnoVIPDined on 11/20/2014never going back before theater ..... crazy cramped placeSpecial Features:
- Disappointedathreesome123Dined on 11/20/2014Disappointed; felt rushed and wait staff not accommodating; food not as good as I hoped; noisy, and too many people milling around table - All in all, what I thought may have been "special" did not feel that way. Wanted to treat sister turning 70 to a special meal experience, and show - meal end of things not so great.
- Good/loud/packedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014Food was very good. Extremely loud though. Went at 6:30 for a special dinner and people were JAMMED in the entry way. I mean jammed! Overall, would recommend, but not at a pre-show hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-soBigDDined on 11/19/2014This place is totally over-booked. Far too many tables. Almost impossible for patrons or servers to get around. Tables are on top of each other. Extremely noisy. Food was OK, but not nearly good enough for the price. There are many better choices in the theater district, including several on the same block as Becco.
- Bad Night At BeccoChrisSDined on 11/19/2014First of all the tables on right on top of each other and our table for two was inches from another table for two with two very vocal people sitting next to us. The unlimited 3 pasta special was at best bland and unappealing. My partner's swordfish was so dry and overcooked. We were in a hurry to see a play so we did not have time to send back the swordfish. This is our 8th time at this restaurant and I would most likely never come back. It is a shame because I have really enjoyed coming here in the past and have recommended it often to my friends that go to broadway.
- Pasta Sinfonia--music in my mouth!BeachladywhodinesDined on 11/19/2014I still can't decide which of the three pastas served to us is my favorite---- the pumpkin ravioli with cocoa in the pasta dough (amazing ), or the orecchiette with sausage and cabbage (hearty and full of flavors). the fresh tomato sauce with basil, a standby, is always great. I always choose the antipasto because it is creatively prepared and always tasty. And those bread sticks? The best I've ever had! Our waiter suggested wines by the glass and each of us loved the selection. Mine was a Nero Diavola and I've already been to a wine store to buy some. Becco is really the perfect place to begin, or in our case as we saw a matinee, end your day in Manhattan. My only criticism is that I can no longer get my beloved yellow box of matches. They seem to have discontinued providing them and they have always kept the name Becco on the lips of my guests and in the forefront of my memory. I hope they bring them back. The food and wait staff will bring me back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is a-mazing!!!TikiDined on 11/19/2014Even though there was a huge lunch crowd at noon, we were all seated and waited on very quickly. The wait staff are wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 Daily PastasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The 3 daily pastas never cease to amaze us! And the lunch price of $ 19 allows us unlimited quantities. We had a basic rigatoni, a wonderful spinach pasta pumpkin-filled ravioli, and a spectacular fettucine in a butter sauce with ample quantities of bay scallops! You are given a choice of Antipasto or caesar salad; fresh bread/addictive crunchy, breadsticks included. So popular--should make a reservation! And to top that off--attentive service, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delivers a great dining experience.CasualJackDined on 11/19/2014The three pasta special is always a wonderful meal at a reasonable price. The salmon was cooked to perfection. Be prepared for a loud dinning room. A great place to meet friends for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre-matinee ladies lunch spotKmitchDined on 11/19/2014My friends and I easily secured a reservation at this theatre district classic only to be a little disappointed by the amount of tables they managed to squeeze in and the noise level of ladies chattering from every room. But the service was fast and efficient and except for the room temperature white bean soup, the food was generally very good. I would go again either at a different time to avoid the crowd or with the understanding that it's a matinee hot spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedchinagirlVIPDined on 11/19/2014We did not enjoy our meal here. It was very rushed and the food seemed (and tasted) mass produced. The table for 2 was very small and barely fit our 2 plates and glasses. The entire meal took 45 minutes and the atmosphere felt hectic. With all the choices available in NYC, we will not return.
- GreatDianeDined on 11/18/2014Our group loved the food and the lively atmosphere. Everything was delicious, with very generous portions. We had 2 bottles of fabulous wine from their extensive $25.00 a bottle wine list. I was surprised at the very reasonable prices. I will definitely plan to eat at Becco again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere. Excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014Would return on any trip to NYC. Great neighborhood. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well priced with good foodnotalocalDined on 11/17/2014The pasta trio for 22.95 is a real bargain for NYC. This is a reasonably priced restaurant, so much so that it was jam packed on a Monday night. Small bar filled with patrons. The food was good, with the focus on the pasta trio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MD FoodieLuv2eatDined on 11/16/2014The appetizer selections for the unlimited trio pasta deal for $22.95 was good, but the pastas were very disapointing...the lasagna was dry, burnt and not enough sauce or flavor; the penne and broccoli was too plain and also needed more flavor; the linguini with red sauce was also lacking on the flavor. I had expected more from Lidia since her pastas on TV always looked so tasty. The other dishes we ordered (black bass, calf liver and short rib) were pretty good. Loved the $25/bottle deal on all the Italian wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CilalDined on 11/16/2014Becco has never disappointed me. I have visited many times over the years since it opened and always find great food, great mood, and very fair prices. A really nice balance in NYC!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Resturant. Can not beat quality and valuehardtoimpressVIPDined on 11/16/2014Restaurant packed on a Sunday night. We had a 7:15 reservation. Seated promptly at 7:15 Had requested table upstairs(more quiet area) which was accommodated. They have an extensive $25 bottle of wine menu which can not be beat. Good wines at reasonable prices. All entrees come with a Caesar salad, which was very good. All of our entrees were EXCELLENT, both fish and meat dishes were ordered. Dessert was delicious, especially the almond tiramisu. Even though the restaurant was packed, great service, they do not rush you and for quality and cost, 1 of the best NYC restaurants. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always good, but choices the same a lot.LaurieLewisDined on 11/16/2014Last few times I've been there, the pasta choices seem to not change much. Our lasagna was cold, as in frozen cold.....fresh or frozen? They don't seem to use Open Table that well and we had to wait about 30 minutes later than our reservation time, which wouldn't be too bad if there was a place to sit or wait. If you don't get a stool at the bar, you cannot stand in there. Downstairs in main area is almost noisy to the point that you cannot comfortably converse with your table. I know this is typical of NYC, but this is far worse than any other restaurant I"ve eaten at in NYC. To be fair, the servers, especially guys who bring the food around, work incredibly hard and deserve most of the credit for the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Table!LuAnnDined on 11/16/2014I made my reservation for Becco over a month ago, to coincide with our theater tickets to Wicked on Sunday. What a disappointment! We arrived a little early for our 5:45 reservation and the place was packed! We were told we could not be seated early, and there was no where to wait, so we left and had a drink a few doors down. When we went back, at 5:40 we were told our table would be ready in a minute, and we were given a table for four right smack at the entrance. We objected to it, but the hostess told us: "This is the only table available", even though I saw others near the back. Every time the door opened and that was at least 25 times, a cold rush of air blasted in on us. Our waitress was obviously overwhelmed and we waited a long time even for bread. Food was just OK. Nothing great. My daughter and husband had the pasta special, and my son and I the veal chop. Mine parmigiano, his Milanese. Not the tenderest, I'll tell you. It was my birthday but we couldn't sit there a moment longer to order dessert. I guess you have to request a table in the back room. We had been to Felidia before, so I expected the same. Totally not the same. A major disappointment. The veal dishes were $42.00 entree's I might add.Special Features:
- Too crowded!JJC20Dined on 11/16/2014Food and service were outstanding, but it was much too noisy and crowded. People kept bumping into us and there was no where to move.We were there for a special occasion and it really took a lot of the fun out of the evening.
- Amazing in all aspects!Thompson1Dined on 11/16/2014We were told about becco by a local and it did not dissappoint! The food was wonderful the service was great and there was also a great atmosphere. Would definitely return if we were New York City again! The steak was beautifully cooked and just melted in your mouth. Can not fault becco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is good.. but not up expectationsgirlsdayDined on 11/16/2014Did a pre theatre matinee 8 girls. Gave ourselves 2 full hours for lunch. Sat 15 min. Later than reservation. Waiter was arrogant. Took our order quick and salads came out soon after. We waited tI'll 230 for our entrée! Had to shovel in our food fast to make our 3pm show... food was good.. I had much better in little italy.. but I would stay away based on service. . Or lack there of!!! Food can not make up for a terrible experience with service....