355 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.becco-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2123977597
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 10:00 Tuesday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Wednesday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Thursday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Friday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 12:00 Saturday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Sunday: 12:00 - 3:00/3:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: William Gallagher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: All of the following trains stop at Times Square 42nd Street N/Q/W - 1/2/3 - A/C/E - 7 - S Upper East Side: Take the to Lexington Avenue/59th Street & transfer to the downtown to Times Square 42nd Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Becco is not affiliated with a specific parking garage; however, there are 2 lots East of the restuarant on 46th street.
A word from Becco
Lidia Bastianich & her son Joe's Theater District mainstay. Best known for the $22.95 pasta tasting menu & the great selections on the $25 Italian wine list. Loved by locals & out of towners alike, Becco has been serving consistently delicious regional Italian cuisine since 1993. Located on the famed Restaurant Row in NYC's Theatre District, Becco is open for lunch & dinner seven days a week. Enjoy signature dishes, like the Osso Bucco, as well as the bounty of fresh seasonal preparations. The Reserve Wine list has many of Italy's best known producers, as well as some more eclectic wine makers. A knowledgeable staffer will be on hand to help you make a great choice. With 18 years on restaurant row, great food & great service help make Becco the right choice time & time again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Becco reviews from OpenTable diners
1127 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (508)neighborhood gem (452)notable wine list (420)special occasion (359)good for groups (289)great for lunch (277)hot spot (194)romantic (151)late-night find (101)kid-friendly (91)vibrant bar scene (53)great for brunch (47)great for outdoor dining (39)scenic view (14)Show More
- Business DinnerlongislandmanDined on 10/27/2014Food was excellent but noise level makes it difficult to hold a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Spot On!aobmedfordDined on 10/26/2014Never misses from wait staff to food. Always our go to for visiting family and friends.... Just like Grandma used to make.Special Features:
- there is betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/26/2014A friend suggested this place. Personally my husband and I ate better. I don't care about the price of the meal, I care about the quality and the atmosphere. The food is edible but not great or even good. It's fair. It's what I would call a touristy/theatre dining location. I would never have gone there but our friend seemed to want to go. Overall the food is edible but there is much better italian food in NYC than this place in a much more comfortable environment.
- InsanityRookiesbuddyDined on 10/26/2014Third time to Becco.... but this time it was disappointing. Despite a reservation made weeks ago.... they plopped us in the front corner of the bar and there were people standing around 2 sides of our table waiting for their tables. They were talking loudly, bumping us and there was not really room to move. The food is always fabulous.... but the ambience was awful in the bar. People who take the time to make reservations ought to be able to secure a prime location. The service was rather rushed and impersonal because they were so busy.Special Features:
- Mahalo Nui Loa!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The service was OUTSTANDING! The food was DELICIOUS!! The $25 a bottle wine list was IMPRESSIVE!!! The dessert was HEAVENLY!!!! 5 STARS!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a FavoriteTDMADined on 10/26/2014Dined at Becco with my husband and friends on Sunday afternoon. We had spent a great day in NYC and came to Becco for a great dinner. We are never disappointed. There were seasonal specials that were tempting and the always popular Three Pastas. Mushroom ravioli are not to be missed. The pasta is light and the filling was delicious. The wait staff are always friendly and knowledgeable about pairings. We did not feel rushed but felt the party atmosphere grow as the room filled up with diners. Coffee and desserts were the crowning point of a wonderful dining experience. Thanks to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre-theaterMarecDined on 10/26/2014Excellent dining for pre-theater...great location and $21 pasta (all you can eat) is a terrific value - also very good! Nice ambiance, good service along with a very solid wine list (many $25).Special Features:
- Another good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Food was great again.Server was very attentive and sociable. 2 out of the 3 meals could have been hotter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Awesome experience at Becco! Amazing pasta and impeccable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014A terrific place to eat. Food, staff, ambiance, just great. The 3 kinds of pasta dish was superb - and the wines are a bargain at $25.00 a bottle. I am a frequent visitor - and Becco never disappoints. What an outstanding restaurant in the theater district!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fun!SS85Dined on 10/25/2014Becco is a fantastic spot to eat in Times Square. The service staff are attentive, have a keen sense of urgency--not only with the theatre crowd but for all patrons, and know the menu and wine list well. Bravo!Special Features:
- Great experienceMrspsgDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I were in New York for the weekend and I booked Becco because I am a huge fan of Lidia. Small looking from the outside but large inside with many small dinning rooms, which were all full and there were people waiting. The menu is unquie but with a wide variety. We sharred the Caesar salad which was great and my husband had the veal chop parmigiana, which was so tender and so good. I had the anti pasta demar, which was excellent and different from any other I had tried. The service was great and the food outstanding, YES we would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had to shout all through dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Way too noisy, even the server had to shout when speaking to us. Not pleasant. The food was good, not great. Nothing special.
- Great DiningRLMSTARTING41Dined on 10/25/2014We visited Becco for pre-dinner on a Saturday evening which results in crowded conditions and a high noise level, but we were seated quickly, had very attentive service and the food was excellent. We would definitely visit again (there's a reason Becco is so crowded while the other places on restaurant row are comparatively quiet)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodHaydenDined on 10/25/2014The food here was very good, as was the service. Just be aware that it is in the theater district and the tables are very close together and on a major theater night (like Saturday night), it will be very crowded and noisy.Special Features:
- Never missOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Whenever we are in NYC we come to Becco. It's a mustSpecial Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Every time I go to New York, I eat at Becco. The food is excellent, and it is perfect for going to either an evening show or matinee. The staff is very willing to work with your time schedule. I especially like the wine list. Every bottle of wine is $25 and the servers are very knowledgable when it comes to choosing a bottle. They have yet to steer us wrong. The cost of dinner is very reasonable and the location is perfect. I enjoy it so much that I would not consider eating anywhere else when going to the theater in New York. The only drawback is that is is a little noisy and the tables are close together. But, it is certainly worth that minor inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Out-of-towners who have dined here twice before, we were once again amazed at the food and level of service. We highly recommend Becco!Special Features:
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Another good experience before our matinee! Continue to bring first-timers here with us and all have enjoyed and added to their 'favorites' list. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Went for lunch before a show. Our table was ready and we were not rushed. Food was delicious. Would definitely recommend a trip to Becco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AandJ7ofusDined on 10/25/2014Came on a Saturday before a Broadway show and our waiter had us out in plenty of time. He did not rush us but was aware that we needed to be somewhere by 2:00 p.m. We ordered something different and everyone really enjoyed their meal. We will be back again. I love coming to Becco's when in New York.Special Features:
- theatre-district dependablenew2nycVIPDined on 10/25/2014four of us had a very nice pre-matinee lunch.A huge restaurant with excellent service, and enough small rooms so that a conversation is possible.the food is good,especially the pasta specials,and salads.i enjoyed the pollo limone.There are no "breakfast, or brunch" dishes here,although we met at 11:30. I think this is a great ,convenient choice for theatre goers or visitors to the Times Square area.Special Features:
- Great Italian in theater districtLukeDined on 10/24/2014Really good food in the theater district/ Times Square area. Reasonable prices and a wine list where every bottle is only 25 bucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just shy of "really good"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014This place was very busy, loud-ish, and crammed. Food was pretty good...I had the veal chop and it was delicious. My daughter had the pasta trio, and I thought that it was just ok. The wine list is extensive. Our waitress was extremely busy, and talked in fast forward! We had a hard time following her. I can't say that I would go back.Special Features:
- phillypieVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food was delicious and my family enjoyed the three different pasta dishes. Great bargain. I had branzino which was fabulous. The restaurant, as warned by other reviewers, was very tightly packed. We had slow service, even though we told them we were theatre bound, and had to rush out barely having time to wolf down dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodgoodeatsfromnjDined on 10/24/2014Cannot beat the pasta special. All pasta is homemade and they keep bringing it until you stop them. Ours was linguine with LI clams, farfalle with tomato and ravioli with beet and goat cheese and a mint sauce.absolutely delish! Noise level was too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Service was excellent and food was awesome it fit what we required a great Italian restaurantSpecial Features:
- IrisDined on 10/24/2014We had a wonderful time delicious dinner and enjoyed ourselves immenselySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DixmeisterVIPDined on 10/23/2014Food the always good. Portions are actually too large. Seating is basically tight everywhere. I Enjoy it for after theatre dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- how the mighty have fallenHealerDanDined on 10/23/2014The best italian food I've had, in or outside Italy has been here which adds to my pain and disappointment with my two recent visits. The triple pasta offerings on both visit were mostly insipid. I could have cried. The ravioli fillings on both occasions did not satisfy, at least me. In my mind there is a difference between "al dente" and "too busy to cook sufficiently". I acknowledge that the salmon entre was perfectly cooked and quickly served but I refuse to believe that it had to be boring or flavorless. You take your pick. From the jolly pre-theater crowds packing all the attractive rooms, clearly Becco is a raving success but I won't go back to this lazy kitchen to feel fleeced.
- Open To Other RestaurantschjoDined on 10/23/2014I have been to Becco before with and without a reservation. When I didn't have a reservation I was informed that I could be seated in the back of the restaurant if I would be able to finish my meal in a specified amount of time. I said that that would really depend on the restaurant and if they would be able to serve us in that that amount ot time. All went well. This last time the same thing was said to me but I had a reservation. We had plenty of time, but as we were eating, tables were being moved and taken away to make room obviously for an event. This was very noisy and disruptive. The service was very rushed and the food (three pasta special) was not what we were used to at Becco.I think it is time to look for other restaurants.Special Features:
- wonderful as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014Good food, friendly staff reasonable prices in the Theater district. All wines are 25.00 per bottle and any of the pasta is out of this world (and I am Italian)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and gluten free friendly!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014Thought it was great! Food was good and they were gluten free friendly! The waiter knew exactly what someone with an allergy could and cold not have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencetomuchtravelVIPDined on 10/22/2014ALWAYS great! I have had oppertunity to take small groups and large groups to Becco for dinner a number of times each year. They have NEVER disappointed! Excellent Food, Excellent Service, Excellent Atmosphere and always leave feeling like I made the right choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very crowded and noisy.Luvs2travlDined on 10/22/2014Used to love this place. Chicken enter was good. Antipasto was excellent but the three pasta special was awful. Maybe the choices that night... No ravioli, semolina gnocchi which tasted like cardboard polenta, pasta with tomato and basil was bland. $25 wine bottles still a great draw. I brought a guest and felt ridiculous for raving about Becco. Maybe just got too popular!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!DebJoyDined on 10/22/2014Had dinner on a Wednesday night after a matinee show and the joint was jumpin'! The pasta trio this particular night was outstanding as was the antipasto misto. We've eaten here several times and have yet to be disappointed. Quite an extensive $25 a bottle wine list - a bargain in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot after the theater!Luv2dineDined on 10/22/2014Been here several times and I enjoy it more and more. Though be sure to make a reservation. We arrived late and we were not rushed. They claim to turn the tables over but we didn't get that feeling. Our waiter Mitch was great. They could work on the the bus service- sloppy and noticeable. Delicious food and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FestivepattycakeDined on 10/22/2014Becco was a festive, fun place to go before a show. It felt like a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummylove2eatDined on 10/22/2014Loved the food. The beef barley soup was simplistic comfort and delicious. The antipasti was eclectic with octopus and the pastas were wonderful. Just wish the waiter knew exactly what we were being served since I enjoy knowing ingredients. Would recommend Becco highly.Special Features:
- rinabadinaVIPDined on 10/22/2014Service and food outstanding...Loved the Kale salad. Great place to go before or after theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.