355 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.becco-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2123977597
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 10:00 Tuesday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Wednesday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Thursday: 12:00 - 3:00/4:30 - 12:00 Friday: 12:00 - 3:00/5:00 - 12:00 Saturday: 11:30 - 2:30/4:00 - 12:00 Sunday: 12:00 - 3:00/3:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: William Gallagher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: All of the following trains stop at Times Square 42nd Street N/Q/W - 1/2/3 - A/C/E - 7 - S Upper East Side: Take the to Lexington Avenue/59th Street & transfer to the downtown to Times Square 42nd Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Becco is not affiliated with a specific parking garage; however, there are 2 lots East of the restuarant on 46th street.
A word from Becco
Lidia Bastianich & her son Joe's Theater District mainstay. Best known for the $22.95 pasta tasting menu & the great selections on the $25 Italian wine list. Loved by locals & out of towners alike, Becco has been serving consistently delicious regional Italian cuisine since 1993. Located on the famed Restaurant Row in NYC's Theatre District, Becco is open for lunch & dinner seven days a week. Enjoy signature dishes, like the Osso Bucco, as well as the bounty of fresh seasonal preparations. The Reserve Wine list has many of Italy's best known producers, as well as some more eclectic wine makers. A knowledgeable staffer will be on hand to help you make a great choice. With 18 years on restaurant row, great food & great service help make Becco the right choice time & time again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Becco reviews from OpenTable diners
1118 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (482)neighborhood gem (463)notable wine list (412)special occasion (373)great for lunch (293)good for groups (280)hot spot (206)romantic (152)late-night find (89)kid-friendly (86)great for brunch (58)vibrant bar scene (53)great for outdoor dining (42)scenic view (15)Show More
- The GastronomesGastrognomesVIPDined on 9/21/2014We always enjoy our time here. The restaurant is vibrant and the waitstaff exceptionally nice. Food is good and the wine at $25 a bottle can't be beat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Fresh FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014My wife and I ate at Becco before a concert and we were very happy with the restaurant. The food was fresh and full of flavor. I had the daily pasta special, which was homemade, cooked perfectly and very tasty. My wife had a chicken dish named "Galletto ‘al Fornothe" and she thought it was very good. The wait staff is very efficient here, which is important if you happen to be going to a show after dinner. We will defiantly go to Becco again.Special Features:
- Fine DiningannieTDined on 9/21/2014Lydia's Becco serves fine Italian food with a warm friendly atmosphere. Great for dinner after a matinee.Special Features:
- Thanks BeccoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Our waiter Dan was very attentive to our needs and was even ahead of a couple of request. Food was awesome very enjoyable will do again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise, noise noise.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Our only complaint was the noise. We had a 35 minute wait, which was understandable because of the crowd. However, the noise level was deafening. We couldn't carry on a conversation and we had to ask the waiter to repeat the specials twice. Also, the staff was constantly carrying large wooden boards through the dining area in order to set up tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now we know where to eat in NYC!NancyDDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I had a fantastic dinner at Becco. Terrific food and great service!Special Features:
- Celebrating our Wedding Anniversaryfwd5911Dined on 9/20/2014Once again we had a terrific dinner at Becco's, one of my favorite NYC restaurants. The Osso Buco alla Becco was amazing, just like the way our waiter described it. My wife had the Galletto ‘al Forno’ which was outstanding, I even took a taste of the risotto it was served with and that was simply delicious! The service was top notch, and never felt rushed even having to attend an 8:00 show.Special Features:
- Too noisy!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Unfortunately the noise was next to unbearable. Sat in the front room and couldn't speak to other couple we were with because none of us could hear over the noise. We were looking for a nice dinner and conversation, but only got the nice dinner, no conversation!!Special Features:
- Great first date placeiyiezeDined on 9/19/2014Took the recommendation from a friend/colleague. Great ambiance, dining room, and service. Only downside was it was relatively noisey and it was hard to hear my date at some points. The waitress made some great suggestions about the menu and have my date and I ample time to talk, order, etc. great place, awesome food, glad I picked it for a first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Restaurant RowRobbieDined on 9/19/2014Tasty food served served in energetic friendly environment. Perfect for pre theatre dinner.Special Features:
- dining at BeccoGigiDined on 9/19/2014The Caesar's salad was very "anchovy tasting" according to our group. Lamb chops were fatty and tasteless. Someone had calves' liver and he was unsure if it was actually calves' liver. The ravioli was good but the farfelle was unimpressive and the clams were chewy. It is also disappointing that an italian restaurant does not have more pasta dishes available on the menu, besides the 3 pasta special, so someone could order a manicotti, lasagna, fettucine, for example. After all, it is an italian restaurant. The waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful.The wait staff are very competent and service is impeccable. The $25 wine list was extensive and the wine we chose was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent pasta.Ver231Dined on 9/18/2014Would love to go there again. The service and food was excellent. Had the 3 pasta special and it was delicious. The pasta was so fresh and not heavy feeling. Loves it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Succumbing to famewineanddineDined on 9/17/2014Like many popular restaurants that start out with good food and good service, Becco has succumbed to living off its reputation. We always liked having one dinner there when visiting NYC. This time we had the muscles and rib-eye steak. Muscles were fine but hardly outstanding. The steak which was pricy had good flavor but was tough and had a lot of gristle. The menu seems to be getting a bit dull and the wines for $25.00 per bottle, a nice option, are really not even worth the $25.00. Would I go back on my next trip? Probably not!
- Too CrowdedkpmeemersDined on 9/17/2014Tables are too close together. We felt we were ease dropping on the adjacent tables. Noise level is high. Food was average. I ordered the veal picatta and it was dry. Perhaps better suited to the bar scene.Special Features:
- big portionsFamillyDined on 9/17/2014Went here for my 50th birthday on our visit to NY. Seems to be very popular with people going to shows and even with a booking we had to wait 15 minutes. I had the steak and the 3 pastas. the steak was great, though far too big for me. The pastas were not as good as I had expected and there was very little pasta on the menu. $25 wine list looked quite good but we only had one bottle.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceJoseph1990Dined on 9/17/2014This is my 3rd time dining at Becco, and each time it seemingly gets better. Very attentive, kind, and personable staff that provides an enjoyable dining experience, in a timely manner. Will definitely be returning to this location in the near future.Special Features:
- DianeDined on 9/17/2014IT WAS GOOD. IT IS WHAT I EXPECTED, GOOD SERVICE, CROWDED, GOT US OUT IN TIME FOR THEATRESpecial Features:
- Friendly, Fun, and DeliciousEat4FunDined on 9/16/2014I picked the restaurant for its location, menu, and reviews. What I didn't expect was the wonderful, warm service, cheerful atmosphere, and generally friendly vibe. I ordered the pasta trio and it was the perfect thing. Three very different fires pastas are brought to the table in large copper pans, and served all-you-can-eat. It was the ideal relaxing and hearty dinner after a long day of business. For dessert, we have panna cotta, and sorbet, all perfect. Everyone in the restaurant seemed happy, and to be having a fantastic time. I would recommend to anyone looking for a place pre- or post theater. I loved the buzzy feel and with tables close together we were able to have a really nice chat with our dining neighbors.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Took very long to get our meals even though we told our waiter what time we had to be out. People who were seated after us had their meal and were out before us. We always try to eat at Becco's when we are in the city but this last time was very disappointing overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what i expectedPatrickMTLDined on 9/15/2014Cesar salad came, old, no dressing, tasteless. Pasta missing salt, tasteless. Really aweful.
- vm1220Dined on 9/14/2014One of New York's TREASURES. The food is outstanding, the service is excellent. Dining at Becco should be an absolute must on anyone's list of restaurants to ENJOY and EXPLORE.Special Features:
- Never disappointed. A must doDeborahcgray11Dined on 9/14/2014A must do before a play. This place is magic!! Wine on the $25 list is all you'll ever need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Becco remains after 20 years one of NYC's great bargains. the pasta is always great and the service friendly
- Great pasta and $25 wine listJoePi0105VIPDined on 9/13/2014Have been to Becco many times before, as the daily homemade pasta deal is hard to beat. Add a lengthy list of $25 bottles of wine and you've got one of he best dates in the city. Service wasn't too hot this time around, but I'll chalk it up to them having an off night. Will continue to return to and recommend Becco to others.Special Features:
- BeccoNyctravelerDined on 9/13/2014We were recommended Becco by an intern from Live! Kelly & Michael. The food was excellent and it was a great atmosphere but the service was not very good. We sat with food in our faces for a while. It was my friends birthday, but we had no time for dessert because we had a show to get to. The place is super cute and all the workers were nice, but it was hard to get their attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Prix Fixe pasta special was incredible. Three different pastas, one full of shrimp plus salad for 23.95. Cannot beat that in New York. Also, they just finished renovations and it looks great. Definitely will returnSpecial Features:
- Good food and atmosphereJerseyMomDined on 9/13/2014The ambiance was very nice, tables were comfortably spaced and we were not rushed at all. Our party of 4 arrived early for our reservation and were seated immediately. The waiter was extremely helpful - we did not feel intimidated by the menu and he even offered to choose a bottle of wine for us off of the $25 bottle menu and it was very good. We all ordered the Daily pasta special which was 3 pastas dishes / all you can eat with salad or antipasta. I will definitely recommend it and next time I am in the city will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EricDined on 8/31/2014Always fantastic food and service. The pasta trio is a great deal, delicious and always different. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting NYC. Perfect place to go after a Broadway show.Special Features:
- Great diningNuper152Dined on 8/31/2014Visited Becco while vacationing in NYC... Watched Lidia for years on PBS back in Canada. Becco exceeded our expectations. We would highly recommend it! Looking forward to getting back to Becco on our next visit to NYC.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014Another excellent meal at Becco!!!! Wife an daughters enjoyed the food, the wine and the setting.Special Features:
- FiteaterDined on 8/31/2014This as our first time at Becco's...it won't be our last! Food and service was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeccoBabsDined on 8/31/2014This is a reliable restaurant with good food and good service. The wine list for $25 bottles is a good bargain! Good for pre-theater dinner...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So New York!JenniflowerpowerDined on 8/31/2014Lovely, fun atmosphere, very New York. Great food, fair prices. Pasta special was great, but filling! A bit crowded, but still comfortable. Vibrant and full of energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Grandma9Dined on 8/31/2014I loved the 3 pasta dishes....the waitress was very attentive and the service was fast! Will most definitely eat there again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014rustic - funky appearance - loved the food - no pressure to turn over the table - we were there for more than three hours eating drinking and talking - would definitely go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendBarryDined on 8/30/2014On time reservations worked out great for us to make a 8:00 show. As a party of 4 everyone enjoyed their meals. An awesome ExperienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All you can eat pasta !Nat67Dined on 8/30/2014We had the "all you can eat pasta" which was pretty good. There are 3 pasta choices. One out of the 3 was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014Very disappointed. Expected a Babbo like experience. Pasta was mediocre at best.
- Phenomenal service, fresh pastaWbsjshfbDined on 8/29/2014Best service I've seen in ages, wait staff and restaurant is a well oiled machine that clearly knows how to be efficient and hospitable at the same timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OttawaFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Excellent Italian food at hard to beat prices for Times Square area. Unbeatable value for wines at $25. Part of Lidia B's empire so you know the food will be great. Best value I've seen in years. Will go back often.Special Features: