1073, Cote du Beaver Hall
Montreal, QC H2Z 1S5Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beaverhall.ca/
- Phone: (514) 866-1331
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 11h30-15h tues-sat 17h-00h
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For your special occasion, cocktail, conference...until 150 persons
- Private Party Contact: cécile Kilidjian 5143979161
A word from Beaver Hall
Beaver Hall is located at 1073, Cote du Beaver Hall in Montreal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Beaver Hall - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Beaver Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)great for lunch (30)special occasion (25)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (18)romantic (15)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Pickles, tapenape and bread were great! Salad was plentiful and good. The dish of fish within the onion soup was delicious! Coffee was good too. Overall, an excellent lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal, great ambianceDinner4OneDined on 11/22/2014Traveling alone, I had a very pleasurable meal on a Saturday evening. The environment is warm and inviting - not stuffy. Background noise is moderately low conversation. The restaurant was filled with a mix of groups, couples and another solo diner. The meal was wonderful, if not complex. I ordered the soupe du jour and the flank steak paired with a nice glass of Bordeaux. The mushroom soup was terrific. The flank steak was dry on the ends, but tender and flavorful in the middle. Mixed green salad, sautéed shallots and pomme frites came with the steak. A small loaf of bread, crostini, tapenade and a complementary taste of steak tartare were also served. Europa macaroons completed my meal. Service was friendly, courteous and professional. Beaver Hall is well worth a visit - with close friends, for a romantic dinner, or just by yourself as I did.I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/10/2014Fish was nice, but bavette was very ordinary. Defintely need to step it up... My last three visits at this restaurant have been a bit disappointing food wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Love the restaurant and would return anytime for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:
- Excellent!Casey2014Dined on 11/4/2014The Beavear Hall was a very nice surprise. It was our first visit to this restaurant. The ambiance is that of a nice French bistro and the food is excellent. The quality of products, the presentation and service made it for a nice evening.Special Features:
- Soooooooooo good!!!FrenchspiceDined on 11/4/2014I brought my 85 years old mom. We enjoyed our dinner so much. The food was outstanding, the presentation was outstanding and so was the service. I will definitely recommend and go back to Beaver Hall. Montreal open table is a great way to try restaurant that you can then go back if you did enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but noisy club belownonameDined on 10/31/2014The food and service were impeccable, however around 10pm on a Friday there was massive bass sounds coming from the club below, which made the table and chairs vibrate a bit.Special Features:
- Professional and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014Great start for Montreal à la table. Cheerful but correct service, food prepared with creativity. Crêpe flambé prepared at the middle of the restaurant gives it a joyful touch. Well worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A consitantly fine establishmentfun2eatVIPDined on 10/29/2014Since Le Beaver Hall opened, Jerome and his very talented team have constantly maintained the standards of Le Beaver Hall at a very high level. One can completely forget that they are in Montreal. The "Bistro" feeling is very authentic. Superb service, fast paced ( for the lunch hour crowd) yet always civilized and professional. The food is never disappointing. Wonderfully plated, delicious and inventive....and all this for a very reasonable price point for lunch. Bravo to Jerome and LudovicSpecial Features:
- One of my favsmimieatsDined on 10/24/2014I always try to go get to Beaver Hall whenever I'm in Montreal. The food is great, the amuse-bouche a nice touch, the service is excellent. It's always an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingms67caDined on 10/11/2014I'm not sure why Beaver Hall is rated as highly as it is. The food wasn't great, there were several items on the menu that were not being offered, it was loud (kids), everything about it seemed "tired"...a restaurant resting on its laurels perhaps. Most well rated open table restauarants deserve the rating, but not this place.
- Had to come back a second night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed dinner on both Friday and Saturday night. Meals were consistently good both nights, however, service was a little slow in Saturday. Nice maitre d' and wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French with Canadian flairJOHN02155VIPDined on 10/8/2014`Very creative chef, very professional service, great bar.Special Features:
- A last-minute reservation WIN!JoAnnaVIPDined on 10/3/2014Thoroughly impressed. Every detail attended to, every dish as delicious as it was beautiful. And such a creative, inventive menu! Chevre Crème Brûlée?! Just lovely. Service was attentive, friendly, professional, from MD, to server, to assistants. I wish I lived in Montreal so I could come here more often. Thanks OpenTable reviewers for sharing this local gem, or I'd never have discovered it. If I hear of anyone visiting Montreal, I will happily share my wonderful experience at this restaurant with them and insist they visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchJayqDined on 9/29/2014here for another business lunch!! :) I never get tired of this restaurant neither never getting bored by its menu. The quality of the items served and the outstanding service we get is something worth coming back again and again. Also it never fails to impress your guests for an affordable price.Special Features:
- LucieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Lors de nos séjours à Montréal, nous retournons toujours à ce restaurant car nous avons un excellent service et la nourriture est excellente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dining spot.BistrochickVIPDined on 9/19/2014Excellent service and always predictably good food. The mainstay menu is varied and offers plenty to choose from. But I often choose the creations of the day and have not been disappointed. There is also an interesting variety of wines and the staff is knowledgeable without being over bearing. This has been a comfortable goto dining place for me for evening dinners to catch up with friends for several years now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for a groupSnowballDined on 9/12/2014We were a bunch of adults and teenagers and the staff accommodated some unavoidable late arrivals seamlessly into the service. My friend is allergic to flour and the waiters were fantastic about explaining ingredients. The service was friendly and impeccable, and the food really excellent. Only one small thing; two of our number ordered the calf liver. One serving was tiny and the other, a huge slab. Since they were sitting opposite each other there was a bit of a moment... Would go back anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTfeltyDined on 9/5/2014Really good food, very friendly service. The crepes Suzanne was soooo good! The French onion soup was also very good.Special Features:
- diner d'équipe qui impressionneJayqDined on 9/2/2014Je connais bien le resto pour y être un habitué "sans réservation" ou pour un diner d'affaire entre collègues. Cette fois, j'ai décidé de réservé afin d'offrir un diner d'affaire exceptionnel à la nouvelle équipe que je dirige. Tous furent impressionnés de la qualité du service et des plats. On dirait que l'équipe de service s'est particulièrement surpassé pour offrir un service 18-étoiles (sic). Bravo encore une fois !Special Features:
- Special Vacation MealLeeLeeVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were on vacation and loved our meal here except for the people nearby who brought their loud, crying baby (it is not a kid-friendly place).Special Features:
- Elegant Placeedub23Dined on 8/19/2014I wanted a nice bistro to introduce my three kids to finer Montreal dining. I think I chose well. Beaver Hall is a very elegant place, although far from stuffy. The menu is eclectic and none of us were disappointed. I think our favorite appetizer was the goat cheese creme brulee, but the calamari was delicious also. We had mussels, flank steak, the poultry and pork sausage, and the pike. Each was delicious. Service was very good. Small complaint was they didn't have the bottle of wine I wanted, so we had to go up a bit, but overall we enjoyed our evening and I would recommend Beaver Hall.Special Features:
- French, with imagination!msmartyDined on 8/6/2014In a recent visit to Montreal, we discovered this gem. Food was well prepared and presented expertly. Some very imaginative options, including asparagus beignets and a goat cheese creme brûlée. Prices are very reasonable. Overall, a nice experience without denting the wallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Des serveurs & un chef attentionnésJayqDined on 8/2/2014Nous étions un groupe de 6 dont 4 étaient des amis en provenance des USA. Ils voulaient découvrir une cuisine française raffinée mais pas hors de prix. Connaissant déjà le Beaver Hall pour les nombreux lunch d'affaire que j'y ai eu, j'ai pensé à ce charmant resto à la décoration typiquement café parisien. J'ai une intolérance alimentaire et en avait discuté avec la serveuse. Lors du service de la mise-en-bouche j'ai demandé une version modifiée, ce qui fut fait immédiatement. Un délai de 3 minutes s'était à peine écoulé que le chef a envoyé le Maitre d'Hôtel s'assurer que mon choix de menu soit convenable et m'expliquer que tel item pourrait contenir de l'aliment "intoléré". Voivi une preuve que le chef est attentif à sa clientèle BRAVO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 531 reviews are from the Beaver Hall reviews archive.
- Toujours à la hauteurOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Les tartares et les calmars frits sont des incontournables. Les assiettes ont des portions généreuses. Avis aux affamés ou pour ceux quiaiment bien partager. On y retourne? C'est sûr!Special Features:
- Outstanding!WhiskywizardDined on 7/22/2014This was our 2nd time at Beaver Hall. Service, food, experience were all great. Exceptionally good value too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a Sour NoteLakaDined on 6/21/2014The fish&chips were wonderful great flavor/large portion. The table was lovely with a window view. The room is lively, but a conversation could be carried on. The service was friendly-ish we had three different servers. A nice woman took our order, and then others delivered our food. I don't drink alcohol, and my water glass was refilled only once. We had to skip dessert due to a time issue and had to requested the bill. This seemed to offend the main server. The bill was delivered, but they never returned to run the card. Thankfully we had enough cash to cover our food and tip. A really sour note to an otherwise pleasurable meal. I would recommend the food to a friend, but would caution them on the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotrhett355Dined on 6/19/2014Don't let the name deceive you. It was a wonderful place and the food was great. Love the pickles on the table and fresh bread.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodFerljoeDined on 5/16/2014The food is always good there. Great service. Affordable wine list. Ask the Crepe Suzette for the show !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmel2VIPDined on 5/16/2014The meal was good but the dessert was amazing. The apple tart with salty caramel ice cream and caramel sauce was worth the calories!
- Dinner at the Beaver HallCazgrandcruDined on 5/15/2014Excellent service, excellent food - much better than Yelp reviews had indicated. I have recommended the restaurant to others.Special Features:
- No serviceSeafoodloverDined on 5/9/2014Waiter did not give us a lot of attention during the supper. Food was ok only, i had a high expectation since it was from Europea. I don't think I'll go back.
- Meilleur rapport qualité / prixLouismVIPDined on 5/9/2014Bonne bouffe, bonne ambiance et excellent service ! A éviter : le tartare de bœuf ! Tout le reste est excellent et raffiné !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AgréableLDCPDined on 4/29/2014Nous aimons luncher à votre resto. C'est très bien mais toutefois un brin bruyant. Personnellement, j'ai un faible pour votre fish & chips. Le potage est toujours excellent, service rapide, toujours un vin agréable de disponible. Voici donc.Special Features:
- Amongst the best beef tartare...amblouinDined on 4/2/2014My favourite place for lunch, also excellent for dinner (but generally quieter).Special Features:
- Although the server misunderstoodMCJDENDined on 4/2/2014Although the server misunderstood my order for the main course (order in French the "Bar" and got the "Porc"); food was good and overall service was adequate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GénéreuxMHZOEDined on 3/25/2014Un restaurant sans prétention qui offre une nourriture généreuse, goûteuse et à un prix fort raisonnable. Un service courtois et agréable. Belle soirée en perspective.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end bistroDonnaVIPDined on 3/18/2014Nice touches touches such as bread, toasts served with tapenade, butter and cornichons. Also tasty amuse Boucher of venison and arugula. Portion sizes are large. Had abavettethat turned out to be a rib steak which was good but rather fatty. Great frites served in a mini fry basket. Mesclun salad was dreadful. They need to rethink their tasteless dressing. Overall a good bistro. Very nice waiters.Special Features:
- Good customer service, bad food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Service here is out of this world, food...just average...or maybe that the food was not really my type.Special Features:
- Vraiment trop bruyantseb8739Dined on 3/6/2014Très bruyant... on s'attendrait à être dans un restaurant plus calme au vu des prix mais il n'en est rien... je n'avais qu'une hâte, c'était de payer et partir au calme, car je n'entendais pas ce que la 3ème personne de notre table disait, pour dire comment cela était bruyant !! sinon le reste (service, qualité des assiettes...) étaient au rendez-vous. Je n'y retournerais pas juste à cause du bruitI would recommend this to a friend.