1073, Cote du Beaver Hall
Montreal, QC H2Z 1S5Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beaverhall.ca/
- Phone: 514-866-1331
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 11h30-15h tues-sat 17h-00h
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For your special occasion, cocktail, conference...until 150 persons
- Private Party Contact: cécile Kilidjian 5143979161
A word from Beaver Hall
Beaver Hall is located at 1073, Cote du Beaver Hall in Montreal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Beaver Hall - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Beaver Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)great for lunch (27)special occasion (20)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (15)romantic (15)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Business lunchJayqDined on 9/29/2014here for another business lunch!! :) I never get tired of this restaurant neither never getting bored by its menu. The quality of the items served and the outstanding service we get is something worth coming back again and again. Also it never fails to impress your guests for an affordable price.Special Features:
- LucieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Lors de nos séjours à Montréal, nous retournons toujours à ce restaurant car nous avons un excellent service et la nourriture est excellente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dining spot.BistrochickVIPDined on 9/19/2014Excellent service and always predictably good food. The mainstay menu is varied and offers plenty to choose from. But I often choose the creations of the day and have not been disappointed. There is also an interesting variety of wines and the staff is knowledgeable without being over bearing. This has been a comfortable goto dining place for me for evening dinners to catch up with friends for several years now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for a groupSnowballDined on 9/12/2014We were a bunch of adults and teenagers and the staff accommodated some unavoidable late arrivals seamlessly into the service. My friend is allergic to flour and the waiters were fantastic about explaining ingredients. The service was friendly and impeccable, and the food really excellent. Only one small thing; two of our number ordered the calf liver. One serving was tiny and the other, a huge slab. Since they were sitting opposite each other there was a bit of a moment... Would go back anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTfeltyDined on 9/5/2014Really good food, very friendly service. The crepes Suzanne was soooo good! The French onion soup was also very good.Special Features:
- diner d'équipe qui impressionneJayqDined on 9/2/2014Je connais bien le resto pour y être un habitué "sans réservation" ou pour un diner d'affaire entre collègues. Cette fois, j'ai décidé de réservé afin d'offrir un diner d'affaire exceptionnel à la nouvelle équipe que je dirige. Tous furent impressionnés de la qualité du service et des plats. On dirait que l'équipe de service s'est particulièrement surpassé pour offrir un service 18-étoiles (sic). Bravo encore une fois !Special Features:
- Special Vacation MealLeeLeeVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were on vacation and loved our meal here except for the people nearby who brought their loud, crying baby (it is not a kid-friendly place).Special Features:
- French, with imagination!msmartyDined on 8/6/2014In a recent visit to Montreal, we discovered this gem. Food was well prepared and presented expertly. Some very imaginative options, including asparagus beignets and a goat cheese creme brûlée. Prices are very reasonable. Overall, a nice experience without denting the wallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Des serveurs & un chef attentionnésJayqDined on 8/2/2014Nous étions un groupe de 6 dont 4 étaient des amis en provenance des USA. Ils voulaient découvrir une cuisine française raffinée mais pas hors de prix. Connaissant déjà le Beaver Hall pour les nombreux lunch d'affaire que j'y ai eu, j'ai pensé à ce charmant resto à la décoration typiquement café parisien. J'ai une intolérance alimentaire et en avait discuté avec la serveuse. Lors du service de la mise-en-bouche j'ai demandé une version modifiée, ce qui fut fait immédiatement. Un délai de 3 minutes s'était à peine écoulé que le chef a envoyé le Maitre d'Hôtel s'assurer que mon choix de menu soit convenable et m'expliquer que tel item pourrait contenir de l'aliment "intoléré". Voivi une preuve que le chef est attentif à sa clientèle BRAVO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toujours à la hauteurOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Les tartares et les calmars frits sont des incontournables. Les assiettes ont des portions généreuses. Avis aux affamés ou pour ceux quiaiment bien partager. On y retourne? C'est sûr!Special Features:
- Outstanding!WhiskywizardDined on 7/22/2014This was our 2nd time at Beaver Hall. Service, food, experience were all great. Exceptionally good value too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a Sour NoteLakaDined on 6/21/2014The fish&chips were wonderful great flavor/large portion. The table was lovely with a window view. The room is lively, but a conversation could be carried on. The service was friendly-ish we had three different servers. A nice woman took our order, and then others delivered our food. I don't drink alcohol, and my water glass was refilled only once. We had to skip dessert due to a time issue and had to requested the bill. This seemed to offend the main server. The bill was delivered, but they never returned to run the card. Thankfully we had enough cash to cover our food and tip. A really sour note to an otherwise pleasurable meal. I would recommend the food to a friend, but would caution them on the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotrhett355Dined on 6/19/2014Don't let the name deceive you. It was a wonderful place and the food was great. Love the pickles on the table and fresh bread.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 527 reviews are from the Beaver Hall reviews archive.
- Always goodFerljoeDined on 5/16/2014The food is always good there. Great service. Affordable wine list. Ask the Crepe Suzette for the show !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmel2VIPDined on 5/16/2014The meal was good but the dessert was amazing. The apple tart with salty caramel ice cream and caramel sauce was worth the calories!
- Dinner at the Beaver HallCazgrandcruDined on 5/15/2014Excellent service, excellent food - much better than Yelp reviews had indicated. I have recommended the restaurant to others.Special Features:
- No serviceSeafoodloverDined on 5/9/2014Waiter did not give us a lot of attention during the supper. Food was ok only, i had a high expectation since it was from Europea. I don't think I'll go back.
- Meilleur rapport qualité / prixLouismVIPDined on 5/9/2014Bonne bouffe, bonne ambiance et excellent service ! A éviter : le tartare de bœuf ! Tout le reste est excellent et raffiné !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AgréableLDCPDined on 4/29/2014Nous aimons luncher à votre resto. C'est très bien mais toutefois un brin bruyant. Personnellement, j'ai un faible pour votre fish & chips. Le potage est toujours excellent, service rapide, toujours un vin agréable de disponible. Voici donc.Special Features:
- Amongst the best beef tartare...amblouinDined on 4/2/2014My favourite place for lunch, also excellent for dinner (but generally quieter).Special Features:
- Although the server misunderstoodMCJDENDined on 4/2/2014Although the server misunderstood my order for the main course (order in French the "Bar" and got the "Porc"); food was good and overall service was adequate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GénéreuxMHZOEDined on 3/25/2014Un restaurant sans prétention qui offre une nourriture généreuse, goûteuse et à un prix fort raisonnable. Un service courtois et agréable. Belle soirée en perspective.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end bistroDonnaVIPDined on 3/18/2014Nice touches touches such as bread, toasts served with tapenade, butter and cornichons. Also tasty amuse Boucher of venison and arugula. Portion sizes are large. Had abavettethat turned out to be a rib steak which was good but rather fatty. Great frites served in a mini fry basket. Mesclun salad was dreadful. They need to rethink their tasteless dressing. Overall a good bistro. Very nice waiters.Special Features:
- Good customer service, bad food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Service here is out of this world, food...just average...or maybe that the food was not really my type.Special Features:
- Vraiment trop bruyantseb8739Dined on 3/6/2014Très bruyant... on s'attendrait à être dans un restaurant plus calme au vu des prix mais il n'en est rien... je n'avais qu'une hâte, c'était de payer et partir au calme, car je n'entendais pas ce que la 3ème personne de notre table disait, pour dire comment cela était bruyant !! sinon le reste (service, qualité des assiettes...) étaient au rendez-vous. Je n'y retournerais pas juste à cause du bruitI would recommend this to a friend.
- My new Go To spotTheGrinchDined on 2/27/2014Excellent food and service in a 'not too busy' environment made this a relaxing, enjoyable and calm dining experience. The food managed to be both traditional and yet creative in taste, which meant we got what we wanted but with a twist so it was not boring. The dining room itself has high ceilings which makes it feel airy. Parking spots available right outside on a Thursday night was a nice surpriseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerFineTasterDined on 2/22/2014It was a great dinner experience. The food and service was excellent. We recommand.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceWheatlandDined on 2/22/2014The service was excellent! We had the attention of two waiters and the manager. Our meal was excellent. Portions are very generous. I could not finish my dessert ....they thought I did not like it and brought some yummy macaroons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed once again - OutstandingLilyDined on 2/14/2014Food : It was very awesome. I picked the st-valentin menu but the normal menu was also available to order from. Not all restaurant allows it. The most unexpected was that I got a st-valentin's heart chocolate. That was honestly the detail that made me say this restaurant cares about their customers and won my heart. Service : Amazing services Price : for the quality and quantity of the food and services as well the attention to the details, the price was very reasonable. Honestly, every time I go to an Europea's restaurant I am always impressed and find the restaurant outstanding. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon tartar was excellent.AnonDined on 2/14/2014Salmon tartar was excellent. The salad starter was a bit on the salty side, an issue we've had before at this restaurant. The wine recommendation from the waiter was excellent. French onion soup and lasagne were very good. The mousse au chocolat was not great, on the heavy side. Ambience was good for conversation. It was good not to have to select the Valentine's menu.Special Features:
- Nice spotterryDined on 2/14/2014Enjoyable evening overall, although the staff seemed rushed and a bit impersonal. It was Valentine's day, so it may explain the demeanor of the waiting staff which seemed to want us to hurry to finish each course and be on our way. Once seated we requested a booth, were told it was reserved, and it remained free for entire time we were there, making us think the staff couldn't be bothered to accomodate us. The food was quite delectable, served at the right temperature, and the wine list was extensive. There is no house wine for those who wish a less expensive option for wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We took the Valentine's day special menu and the food was really good for the price we had to pay. On the other hand, the service we received was not has good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Qualité et prixurbaoutDined on 2/8/2014Wow que dire de la crème brulée au chèvre un vrai dessert ...j'y retourne c'est certain ! Les prix sont très abordables pour la qualité des plats. Les entrées sont énormes ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite!ShoegalDined on 2/4/2014This place has always been one of my favorite and it still is years later. The personnel is courteous and very professional. You want something not on the menu? They will manage to accommodate you always with a smile. You changed your mind and want a glass of wine? You can ask anyone as they work in team and you will never be told that they will get your waiter for you. In short, food and service are worth mentioning! Very, very good place!Special Features:
- Delicious!DDCLDined on 1/29/2014This place is pricey but the food was delicious. We ordered the foie gras for appetizer and it came two-way and was excellent! Very nice presentation of the food which makes it all the more enjoyable. Service was great, the server was very attentive to our needs. We also got the flaming crepes for dessert which was a fun show to watch!Special Features:
- ImpecableManonDined on 1/17/2014The staff is on top of everything. They make you feel like home. The food, is beautiful and so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normalement, 5 étoiles, mais ...JonhhVIPDined on 1/10/2014En général, je note le service 5 étoiles à ce restaurant, mais cette fois - ci nous nous sommes sentis beaucoup moins accompagnés tout au long de la soirée. Une des raisons de ma présence régulière à ce restaurant est son excellent service. Ils ont l'habitude de nous offrir une bouchée du jour. Toutes les tables en ont vraisemblablement reçu une sauf nous. Puis, comme à l'habitude la nourriture était délicieuse et l'accueil chaleureux. Espérons que cette expérience avec le service ne deviendra pas une habitude à mon restaurant préféré habituel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/2/2014Great selection of appetizers. Nice wine list. Good service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemVixelineDined on 12/14/2013Lovely service and wonderful food! Doesnt get much better than.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Meat !charly8182Dined on 12/13/2013I took what the waiter suggested and it was very good. The meat was perfectly cooked and had an awesome taste.Special Features: