Beaver Creek Chophouse
Slopeside, 15 W. Thomas Place, 4th floor
Avon, CO 81620Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Beaver Creek Chophouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beavercreekchophouse.com/
- Phone: 9708450555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Après: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jay McCarthy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Beaver Creek Chophouse is the perfect location for any event, large or small. Located slopeside, at the base of the Centennial Lift in Beaver Creek Village, the Chophouse not only provides a fabulous menu, but a magnificent atmosphere as well. Whether you are holding a business meeting, a mixer, or a wedding reception, the Beaver Creek Chophouse is the ideal local for groups of all kinds and sizes. For more information on, and pictures of, our banquet facilities please visit our website or contact the restaurant directly.
- Private Party Contact: Suzy Melson 9708450555x
- Entertainment: Don't miss the mind-blowing performance of our in-house magicians, Danny Archer and Dan Fleshman! You truly won't believe your eyes. Disappearing nightly at the Beaver Creek Chophouse, 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Tuesday through Sunday.
- Public Transit: The local bus system runs to the Beaver Creek Village on a very regular basis. Additionally, within the Beaver Creek Village there is a call on demand bus service to take guests throughout Beaver Creek.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking for our restaurant guests is available at the nearby Village Hall public parking structure located in the Beaver Creek Village.
A word from Beaver Creek Chophouse
Located slopeside, at the base of the Centennial Lift in Beaver Creek Village, the Beaver Creek Chophouse sits amidst all of the action and all of the beauty of Beaver Creek Mountain. Serving a comprehensive lunch menu, featuring an assortment of soups, salads, sandwiches, and hot entrees, in addition to an incomparable dinner selection filled with fantastic steaks and fresh seafood; this restaurant melds delicious cuisine with stunning views, a welcoming staff and a luxurious atmosphere to create an unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beaver Creek Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Perfect Relaxing BirthdayBZappVIPDined on 8/18/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday at Beaver Creek Chophouse and had an amazing experience. We were able to enjoy their back patio and listen to the river over dinner, which was the perfect way to relax and celebrate together. We both had the 16 oz. ribeye and they were AMAZING, along with the bacon and blue mac n cheese! Thank you for a great experience!Special Features:
- A Great Setting; A Miss on the FoodDeliziosaVIPDined on 8/7/2014The setting of the Beaver Creek Chophouse is outstanding. Mountain views, outdoor seating, interesting drinks and a friendly waitstaff add up to a great restaurant but the food was disappointingly mediocre. I ordered the Lemon Chicken. The sauce was delicious but the chicken was dry and the potatoes and carrots were sloppily overdone. This could have been an outstanding dish--disappointing and overpriced at $29. My husband and our guests ordered the salmon which was presented beautifully. The fish was a bit too fishy, suggesting it might not have been fresh. If we return, it will be for drinks and appetizers only.Special Features:
- Beaver creek chophouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014I went to the restaurant for my 8:15 reservation. They had NO record of my open table reservation. What happened? You sent me a confirmation !!! Thanks Wendy legymSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magician is added bonus!partnerfoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014Foid great as usual and wine choices are plentiful. They have a magician who entertains at each table! What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014The new magician was FANTASTIC and so was the FOODSpecial Features:
- The following 185 reviews are from the Beaver Creek Chophouse reviews archive.
- Great dinnertravelerjennDined on 4/12/2014We spent our last night of the ski season in Beaver Creek and had dinner here, it was awesome and right on the base of the mountain!Special Features:
- Not for goodies, basic mealSan808VIPDined on 3/29/2014Maybe we should've ordered steaks but we all ordered salmon. Was supposed to be ancho pepper seared but the whole dish lacked flavor. It was fairly well cooked. They recommended medium rare but it was cooked a little more than that. Came with crimini mushroom couscous which was overcooked, bland and had very few mushrooms. Elk sausage appetizer was pretty good. Roasted beet salad was disappointing. I don't think the beets were ripe and there weren't many of them. In fact I forgot I had ordered the beet salad. Brussels sprout side order was burnt and covered with cheese . Was supposed to have bacon but there was none. And apparently its some place where you can feel free to take noisy small children.
- Great for the family.LauriDined on 3/23/2014Fantastic casual family restaurant at the base of the mountain in Beaver Creek. A very talented magician entertained at each table. The food was delicious. Prices were high, but in line with other Beaver Creek restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not sure what to expectAmy1Dined on 3/16/2014I was not sure what to expect when making the reservation but our overall experience was excellent. The food was great! We had oysters as an appetizer and they were some of the best oysters we ever had. Neither of us order a steak just based on how expensive they cost and you had to pay for any sides as well. But we ordered beef short ribs and blue lump crab cakes both which were delicious and much recommended. The desserts and the wine menu is excellent as well. . Overall I was very impressed with the food the only downside would be the atmosphere. It was a bit more rowdy than I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2014We always love coming to the Chophouse. Everyone loved their meals and the service was outstanding. We will be coming back next year!Special Features:
- YuckPreppymommeeDined on 3/9/2014I'm always a bit suspicious of a restaurant that does not serve green lettuce! Who eats white iceberg? The Mac and cheese was tasteless, and the burger was over salted. Very disappointed. Also, if you are seated in the back, the smoke from the grill will bring on an asthma attack. Be weary.Special Features:
- I was a former fan of thisformerfanDined on 3/3/2014I was a former fan of this restaurant visiting it at least once for both lunch and dinner on each of our stays to beaver creek over the last several years. On this last occasion, despite a fairly low turn out, one member of our party was not served her meal until several minutes (at least 10) after the seven others received theirs, which meant that by the time the seven others were able to begin their meal, the food was cold. It was also a disappointment for her as she ordered the lobster mac cheese, a featured menu item, which was not worth the wait. We have enjoyed the restaurant in the past for all of the reasons listed above....ex, both kid friendly and great for special occasion. I hope this was a one time unfortunate experience.
- Not quite up to previous visitsMikeDined on 2/21/2014We are annual visitors from the Uk and have visited Beaver Creek and the Chophouse for the last 5 years. This year we felt were a little more rushed and in particular the magician which the kids look forward to the most was different to the one we had previous years and was more focused on getting away from our table than entertaining the kids which was most strange as he then went and stood by the bar leaving the kids disappointed and wanting more. The food was good but again did not quite hit the mark of previous years Overall - would still recommend based on previous years as hope we were just a bit unlucky this year and caught on a bad day.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Alternative at Good PriceMauitakoDined on 2/18/2014The food was not particularly memorable, but if you are not looking for high end dining, this place is a good alternative.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Captive audienceGoodVIPDined on 2/17/2014Good location. Waited too long for dinner. Not every table was filled and the service was not worth the prices of the food. Magician was great that walked around.
- A restaurant in declineHitchVIPDined on 2/17/2014We've dined here over the past 5 years for lunch and dinner. Unfortunately the quality of service and food has declined. The fresh Maine lobster was so tough my daughter requested a steak knife. The house special center cut pork was rubbery and tasteless. The the filet was dry, the bone in strip was under cooked, but decent. Our server was pleasant, but less than efficient. The bottle of wine arrived after the salads. Gone are the white table clothes, professional service and lovely ambiance. The lighting was so bright you felt you were dinning in an upscale Howard Johnson's. There was a roaming magician who did take your mind off the poor service and food for a short period. He's magic should be directed to the Managment and the kitchenSpecial Features:
- Great location - nice viewChrisDined on 2/17/2014Great location - nice view of the mountain. Good choices of food, great for large parties and kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was horrible. Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/16/2014Food was horrible. Wait staff very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Good steakhouse in Beaver Creekluv2dineVIPDined on 2/15/2014We've been to the BC Chophouse before and enjoyed our meal. We also love the magician they have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service!Luv2SkiDined on 2/14/2014We went to this restaurant for Valentines. In no way did you even no it was Valentines. The REAL problem was the service. It took 30 minutes to get a bottle of wine and another 10 minutes to get cold bread. All the waitress said was "for sure" and said it about 20+ times and was very annoying! The filet was just ok. My daughter had pasta they was suppose to come with fries and dessert. She never offered either to her. I didn't really want her to eat it BUT that was not the point - she never asked!
- Service was not good....FoodiefamilyDined on 2/13/2014We eat here annually (we did), the service this year was terrible. It took 1.5 hours from the time we were seated to get our food. Once we received our food the order was incomplete.. We didn't get an apology from a manager and very little attention from staff. Really disappointing considering the price point. The food was OK once we received it.Special Features:
- Poor value! Very expensive,MackVIPDined on 2/11/2014Poor value! Very expensive, even for a steak house in a resort but food was mediocre and steak was tough. A real disappointment. I will not return.
- Great food in Beaver Creek VillageSkierwithkidsDined on 2/5/2014This is the best place we have been in Beaver Creek. We keep going back time after time and the food is great and the kids menu is spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to expectationsAAAAVIPDined on 1/24/2014For the location & high price, not up to expectations. We were expecting a better than average steak house, experienced a fair at best steak house. Service was pleasant but not on par with top notch steak house. Very chatty & smiley, but that covers up for just OK service. Takes time to get you your drinks, menu, take your order. Their signature rib-eye that I ordered Medium Rare came out half Medium Rare and half Rare. Was told you should bring it up to us if something isn't right. Perhaps the waitress should ask earlier than when the meal is almost over. A steak house should always get one thing right, and that is the cooking of the meat. Also - watch the Beaver Creek surcharge they just jam on your bill.
- Great placeJLLfoodloverVIPDined on 1/18/2014We had a great meal here. They did bring out the wrong steak for my husband but quickly brought out a new, perfectly cooked one. The lobster mac and cheese was delicious. We had our 4 and 7yo with us. They have free create your own ice cream sundaes and a magician came to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowest food delivery service everFoodiefranDined on 1/4/2014This restaurant is all about location location location. They are unable to deliver all dinner items simulatneously. Our sides came out ten minutes after the meats. Some never received foods. It was comical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/30/2013Waited 1.5 hours for food. Very overpriced for service.
- Been here many times beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/29/2013Been here many times before and this time was terrible. Won't return.
- Service was the worst of anyHdavidDined on 12/29/2013Service was the worst of any restraurant in Beaver CreekSpecial Features:
- Great view of the mountainfab3VIPDined on 12/26/2013We ate lunch and dinner here during our week stay. The food was great at was very conveniently located. You can ski in and out right to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would not recommend thishere2skiDined on 12/1/2013I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Although the steak was good, the brussel sprouts were awful and so was the spinach sides. I told my server that I was not happy with them. The sprouts were dried up and obviously old. I even asked him to sample one and asked for the GM, who did not make an appearance. The food I complained about still showed up on my bill even though we didn't eat any of it because it was awful. The server was immature and not well trained to handle complaints. I thought the whole experience was one to forget and thus would never go back to that restaurant.
- New season drinks?... Try again.SaturdayDateNightVIPDined on 11/21/2013The food was good... The cocktails off the drink menu were awful. Tried three of them. Yuck. Start from the drawing board and take another go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightBeeksDined on 10/12/2013I've been to the Chop House many times in Beaver Creek and the food has always been good. My now wife and I got engaged in Beaver Creek and ate at the Chop House that evening. The food was great but our waiter was the worst I've ever had at a nice restaurant. However, we mentioned that to our waiter this evening and he was amazing. He even gave us a piece of chocolate cake to "make up" for our experience last time. Great view of the base mountain at Beaver Creek and a great place to grab an after skiing cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $$FromColoradoDined on 10/12/2013you will sadly be disappointed, the quality of the food is middle of the road at best.Special Features:
- Was given the wrong drink,Denver87VIPDined on 10/4/2013Was given the wrong drink, salad came out different than ordered, lobster was served cold with cold potatoes and corn after a very long wait
- Fantastic shoulder-seasonH8nicknamesDined on 9/23/2013Fantastic shoulder-season special served by a very attentitive staff. That the portions were generous and almost the same as the normal special lists means that they have the customer in-mind. Can't wait to go back during a busier, albeitr more expensive, in-season meal.Special Features:
- This is just not a very niceDanielVIPDined on 8/16/2013This is just not a very nice restaurant, however, it is priced as a nice restaurant. As a prior reviewer noted, the interior decor is extremely outdated and needs a serious upgrade. Everything about the place is "just ok," on a good day, however, for the prices, it's just ridiculous and there are WAY better choices in Beaver Creek and Vail.
- ViewValentinesDined on 8/9/2013Great setting. Overpriced. Waiter steered me away from seafood dishes. As a vegetarian I ended up with salad.
- Good but not up to usual standardRobertDined on 7/5/2013We eat at Beaver Creek Chophouse regularly (6 to 8 times a year) and have always loved it. We asked for an indoor window-side table and the hostess could not have been more helpful in seating us there and looking after us. The view up the ski run is one of the best in Beaver Creek, winter or summer. The service was uncharacteristically slow and may have been because of some of the large parties, although that is usually not an issue. I was more concerned that when my bone-in rib eye arrived, it had clearly been sitting out and was barely warm. I asked the waiter to take it back to the grill but that is really not an acceptable solution. It is unfortunate bcause we love the Chophouse and have never had this sort of experience there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect & patient for familiesFoodiesOnTheGoDined on 7/5/2013We ate here twice on our stay in Beaver Creek. Both times we had at least 8, if not more, in our party. They were great about putting the kids orders in and not minding that they were outside playing most of the time, just coming to the table to eat then leave again. There was a magician on Friday night for the kids who was very entertaining. Wonderful lobster macaroni! Food was plentiful. Had to take leftover crab meat home for later!! Yummy pineapple Martinis and homemade sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.