Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen
601 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.atlantichotelfl.com/
- Phone: (954) 567-8070
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch- Served Daily 7:00am to 2:30pm
Dinner - Sunday through Saturday 5:00pm to 10pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11pm
Sunday Brunch 11:00am - 3pm
Oceanfront at the Atlantic Hotel & Spa
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Vincent
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Happy hour 7 days a week from 4pm to 7pm.
- Special Events: Special occasions and social events are welcome. Please contact our event department in advance to plan for selected menus and special seating arrangements; 954.567.8034
A word from Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen
Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen, an globally inspired menu with a small plate, large plate and feast plate, is situated oceanfront on the ground level of the stylish Atlantic Hotel and Spa. Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen features all the elements of an eclectic ocean front eatery - from a cozy, unpretentious atmosphere to a variety of global fare at a modest price. The cuisine is simple and unassuming, letting the quality and freshness of the products speak for themselves. The culinary creations are each intended to evoke the senses. Dine inside or outside on the ocean view terrace. Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen patrons enjoy complimentary valet parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Beauty & the feast Bar / Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (74)scenic view (62)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (40)special occasion (33)romantic (29)great for brunch (26)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (10)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Not great....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Our waiter was flighty and not very attentive. Food was mediocre at best. Don't think we will go back.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch doesn't wowDiappointedDined on 11/16/2014Tried for 1st time for Sunday Brunch. Don't even try showing up without a reservation for Brunch. The interior is very small, narrow and uninviting, outdoor seats are much better. Service tried very hard as the place was packed by Noon, but service was spotty, drinks not refilled efficiently, requests never brought out. They have a unique concept for their Sunday Brunch buffet. There is an omelette station and a salad station along with some breakfast pastries. Then you can order an unlimited variety of small plates. Finish with the dessert buffet of mini pastries. However, food quality was just average.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseFtlauderdaleonenighterVIPDined on 11/5/2014Stayed at the Atlantic Hotel for one night with my husband on our way to a wedding from Kansas City in the Dominican Republic. We sat at the bar and the bartender was very friendly and provided great service. I'm a big vegtable lover and was very happy with the eggplant appetizer and Brussel Sprouts...I liked the Brussel Sprouts so much that we order a second helping. The chicken wings were also excellent as well as the salads we ordered. Highly recommend this restaurant as one of the better on the beach. We are returning to the Atlantic Hotel on our way home from the Dominican Republic and will return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but nothing SpecialAnonymousDined on 11/4/2014Food was good... But nothing to write home about. I'd give it about 3.5 stars. The service was mediocre - probably bc our server was more interested in the table of older women that was giving him attention rather than my parents and I. I had to get a different waiter to get us the complementary bread sticks that everyone gets bc obviously our server forgot. We all ordered from the prix fix menu - tapas style. All in all the food was good. Even though the dishes were small, we were all very full by the end of the meal. The mud pie and the bread pudding were probably the best items we tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, good foodJflaymanDined on 11/1/2014Our group of 6 had an 8:30 reservation. When we checked in, we were told it would be about 10 minutes so we stayed at the bar and had a drink. After 1/2hr passed, we were told our round booth table was finishing up. Meanwhile, we could see a table long table was sitting empty. After 20 more min (now 9:20) they seated us at the table that had sat empty. When we asked, the hostess argued and said that the table had just opened up & had no idea about the round table. Arguing with guests after keeping them waiting 50 min was not a great idea. The manager did make it right by sending a round of drinks & an appetizer. Things improved. The small plates were all delicious, except the short rib quesadilla was fatty. The atmosphere was fun though.Special Features:
- Good FoodAlliesdadVIPDined on 10/29/2014Nice to be able to sit outside and eat. Service was a little off, but all in all, nice.Special Features:
- A MustVacationHappyDined on 10/27/2014My husband and I went there for a nice evening while visiting Fort Lauderdale. The food was excellent. We had the filet mignon and white mussels. The mignon was one of the best we have ever tasted, and really that is saying a lot. The meal took quite awhile to be served. Unless you order a first course, they only give you cracker type bread sticks. We were very hungry by the time the food got there. The portions are very small, so there is not much to share if that is what you had planned like we did. The restaurant is right on the road and the noise was, at times, extremely loud. Better to eat inside maybe. I would definitely go back. It really was one of the best meals I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- What a Gem!SylvesterDined on 10/24/2014What a great place for a date night! The food was great and the ambiance was amazing inside and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of food, a little rushedecbeatsoutDined on 10/23/2014We ate here during restaurant month for $35 per person from their $35 five course menu. Loads of food, all good, but the course came out way to fast on a night when the place was only half full. Great wedge salad, good upscale wings, excellent Key West Shrimp, good mac and cheese, and the star of the night was the chocolate lava cake. The place was very noisy but in spite of that we enjoyed our evening and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We took advantage of the Open Table $35/person 5 course meal. All dishes we had were very good. Initially server took a few extra minutes to greet us but service was great after that. Timing between 1st and 2nd course was good. After that the addtional courses came out too quickly. Overall good experience and really good food. I would go back.Special Features:
- Fun foodMarlaVIPDined on 10/20/2014Sampled from dine out Fort Lauderdale menu. Had to request this menu from hostess - should have been offered to us automatically as a dining option. Great selection of tapas to choose from. Fun concept.Special Features:
- Great food, service needs upgrade!LoubDined on 10/19/2014We tried the restaurant during Dine-Out Lauderdale. The food was exceptional from the Caesar salad right through to dessert. We ate outside on the patio with a view of the ocean - wonderful! The only negative we experienced was the service. My appetizer came out but we had to wait quite a while for my wife's to arrive and when it did her entire entree was served at the same time. I also had to ask for my side dish to be served. Other than that the food was well prepared, perfectly seasoned and tasted fabulous. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Dinner Beauty & The FeastNYPrimeVIPDined on 10/18/2014Chef Jeff, hostess, staff and entrees never disappoint! Fantastic dining experience from start to finish. Ocean air and view added to a wonderful dinner. The dessert was amazing - homemade carrot cake with carrot cake ice cream. Beauty and the Feast is a great find!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winauserousVIPDined on 10/18/2014lots of street noise, but the Lisa is incredibly energetic, and fun. The food was tasty. Try the scallops and the bison sliders.
- Reviews should be honest...DisappointedVIPDined on 10/17/2014There was not a thing wrong...there was not a thing right. We did not like any of the food, not even the salad dressing. The "open kitchen" should be scene not heard.
- Left WantingNotQuiteThereDined on 10/12/2014Went for Brunch but was very disappointed. I understand that they are looking for turnover on tables and that the specialty plates come out of the kitchen, but more thought and prep would have served them better. The shrimp and grits were served up with boiled shrimp and the meatballs were severely overcooked. The details that matter were not handled well by this establishment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014If you're dining on the outdoor patio which is lovely, you have 4 lanes of traffic very close that is noisy and extremely annoying. The food was adequate, nothing special.
- Nice restaurant with ocean viewchrisliceyDined on 10/9/2014one of the best view of ft Lauderdale. Went to try the dine out menu, good food, different portion then regular menu; ordered a bottle a wine and server attempted to pour the wine in water glasses because "they were out of wine glasses". Gratuity was included for a party of two (I'm a server and I always tip above 20%....KARMA) and I left wondering if the other tables that ordered the dine out menu also had the gratuity included (no other dine out participant restaurant adds gratuity). Definitely the best part of the restaurant is the food, nothing crazy but definitely different and with great flavor. Other than that and the view, the restaurant décor, ambience and SERVICE is nothing out of the ordinary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The food and ambiance was wonderful. Sitting outside and viewing the ocean was a highlight of the evening.Special Features:
- Can't split the check!FLFoodiesDined on 10/7/2014Went with a group of 7 people to try the Dine Out menu. Sat outside as the weather was nice, but the road noise made conversation difficult at times. Food was very good and the menu offered a wide variety of selections. When we asked the waiter to provide separate checks by couples, he said he would ask his Manager. He came back to the table and informed us that he was not allowed to do it because we were dining on the Dine Out menu! Given that there were only 6 other tables in the entire restaurant while we were there, it would not have been a burden to split the check. Poor decision on the Manager's part as we will not be back!Special Features:
- GenoDined on 10/5/2014A group went for brunch thinking we could order from the menu. You cannot, must have buffet and order sides and small plates which took a ridiculously long time to receive. Only one table at buffet so even if you just wanted fruit or bread, you had to wait in the same line as those ordering omelets. Would not go for brunch again but liked the beachside bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funny Name Great FoodbiedsVIPDined on 10/3/2014We are locals and are always seeking new places to go. Went with my family and were seated immediately. The server explained about the freshness of the food, which was great to know. We ordered the short rib quesadilla and the wings, which were both excellent. We then ordered a fillet mignon and the swordfish special. Again, both superb. The other 2 in the party ordered the bison sliders and lamb chops...all delish!!! We will most certainly return.Special Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014No ambiance, poor decor, priced as upscale, but not at all. food quality fair at best.
- Excellent food and servicedineruniversalDined on 9/24/2014Really enjoyed ourselves here. Had small plates only and we're quite satisfied. Had lamb chops and mash, pulled pork spring rolls, crab cream of corn, and our favorite, the bison sliders. Service was great with everything coming out on time and server was very attentive. Sat outside for nice ocean view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014I accidentally ran into this place one day while headed out to the beach and so glad I did! You can't beat the price!Special Features:
- brunch here is a mustbrunchinaboutDined on 9/21/2014This place is great if you want brunch or dinner with some friends outside but with a cool ocean breeze and ceiling fans to also keep you cool. Every time we have been our waiter has been cheerful and smiley and always attentive. Bottomless mimosa, bloody Marys or belinis and you can mix that up if you like. Very well priced. Most of all I like the set up. They have a small range on buffet with an egg station which the guy makes amazing concoctions, then they have a small plates menu you order from the waiter. Lots to choose, single person portion and TASTYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love love!!!sxy505rnVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great place to hang at the bar with friends or a date, beautiful view of the beach, very romantic or even great for a family or group of friends dinner. Delish food and outstanding service!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food with a ViewGoodEatsDined on 9/20/2014Amazing location right on the Ft. Lauderdale beachfront. Service was impeccable, they were able to sit us early and modify the reservation for outdoor seating. Wonderful menu, recommend the small plates and the feast plates for sharingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and really Good FoodTravelgirlVIPDined on 9/17/2014I was here for brunch a while back and it was great. Just went for dinner the other night and the food was really good as well. We sat outside and the view is awesome. The service we had was amazing. Our waiter was so attentive and gave us great recommendations. We then ordered a cheese pallets to go with our waiter's perfect wine suggestion, and the chef or person who prepared the platter came out and explained all the cheeses to us as well as checking back in on us later to see how it was. All in all, a great second experience for me. I will be back for both brunch and dinner again in the very near future.Special Features:
- Trendy, DelishSugarandSpiceDined on 9/13/2014I really enjoyed Beauty and the Feaster, which came highly recommended by a fellow foodie friend. I was extremely pleased with the overall restaurant, which is part of the Atlantic Hotel. Excellent location just across from the beach. Warm, inviting, trendy hotel/restaurant décor. Friendly staff. Excellent food - very fresh and flavorful. I look forward to visiting again in the near future!Special Features:
- I am not creativecraigDined on 9/13/2014For Foodies that love good hand crafted cocktails, this is not the place. The bartender actually told me she was not creative when I asked her for any ideas about making me a Bourbon cocktail outside of the traditional old fashion that they renamed "the rock" because of the splash of peach and with Jim Beam no less. Given that Bourbon cocktails are making a come back I did not think this was an usual request. If you are going to be a restaurant with a cool bar program then you need better mixologists... Food waiter was great though.Special Features:
- Overall ExperiencCharoDined on 9/6/2014This wasn't the first time I have eaten at the restaurant. The service and food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check out the roasted pig!ultimatefoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Yummy - have to check it out. Plus, the creamed corn is a real winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to the AtlanticDineOut365Dined on 8/24/2014Haven't been back to the Atlantic hotel in a while and we thought we would give this a try. Service was awesome with Chris, and the small plates weren't too small to fill up on. Had a great time with a great view of Fort Lauderdale beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weird name. Great food.YdubbyDined on 8/20/2014Don't let the name throw you. We had a great meal, excellent service from Jimmy. In a great restaurant. Already planning to return. We split a Harvest Salad, lamb chops(really yummy) and Sea scallops. Everything was delishous. We are going to get the Key West Shrimp on our next visit. Be Aware! They add the tip onto your bill and if I wouldn't have looked closer I would have tipped twice. Unusual for only a couple dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing!KC22blueDined on 8/18/2014Great brunch, lunch and dinner! The staff is awesome..the view is perfect! My fiancé and I were not staying at the Atlantic and went back twice during our 4 day trip. Typically we only go there for brunch..but this time we did lunch and dinner - absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Brunch Menu was greatGigiDined on 8/16/2014I had only been here for dinner, several times, all great experiences. The Brunch/Lunch menu is different and had everything from omlettes and eggs benedict to wonderful salads and sandwiches. Three us thoroughly enjoyed our salads. One of us ordered the pulled pork sandwich and said it was the best she'd ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerJackieDined on 8/15/2014Food was excellent with very nice presentation. Thoroughly enjoyed small plates and entrees. Our server, Christopher, was very attentive and personable. Would definitely ask for him again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jerryVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food is inventive and delicious! Many different choices, all terrific. Don't miss the Sangria bar,a welcome addition to the beach.Special Features:
- Enjoyable view, enjoyable foodocean3550VIPDined on 8/2/2014Tried this new restaurant in the Atlantic hotel on the beach and we were pleasantly surprised. The menu was eclectic and interesting. Our meals were delicious. The homemade hazelnut ice cream dessert was awesome.Special Features: