8 W. 58th St.
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://beautiquedining.com/
- Phone: 2127531200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Hopson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Wine
A word from Beautique
Beautique is a modern American restaurant located just steps from the iconic Plaza Hotel and Paris Theater, brought to you by Frank Roberts, formerly of Rose Bar, and Chef Hopson, formerly the executive chef of Le Cirque. The modern American menu showcases market-fresh ingredients and classic French technique, alongside cocktails from James Beard-nominated mixologist Charlotte Voisey. The sprawling space features a sleek and romantic decor that channels the spirit of Coco Chanel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Beautique reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (25)romantic (23)special occasion (23)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (16)late-night find (16)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (9)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014I visited Beautique for the 2nd time and was totally amazed by the outstanding food and service. My compliments to the chef and the entire team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visit...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014took a date there and the food was great, service was spot on (date even sent back a drink that wasn't made to her specifications and they were happy to oblige), and aside from an obnoxious Reality star sitting at the table next to me (talking louder than everyone else in the place) a decent crowd. I would like to see the menu changed up after a few months to keep it fresh, it that happens I will be back. The only killer I thought is restaurants in this price range are all starting to charge $20/drink like that is the norm....it is discouraging.Special Features:
- Terrible in all aspects.ChocolateloverDined on 7/23/2014Came here for a birthday dinner with friends. We did not receive water or menus for approximately 25 minutes. After we ordered, our waitress asked us what we wanted to drink 3 times. We waited exceptionally long for our food and it was mediocre at best. There was no attention, engagement or energy in this place. A friend called in and ordered a dessert platter as a surprise however we never received it and they refused to refund her money despite never servicing our table properly. The table next to us knocked over our drinks and we did my receive replacements. Terrible service, attitude and food. Would not recommend or return.Special Features:
- Great SpotnknycDined on 7/22/2014Very cool, drinks were really well made. Food was average but it's more of a scene than for foodies. Lounge was really fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful Food - not worth the timesparkyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Had dinner here on Saturday night with my girlfriend, who was so excited to try this place. The food was terrible. The ambience was cool. The wait staff and sommelier really missed the boat. I would not waste my time going here with all of the amazing options in the city.
- Good food but incredibly noisythecricaDined on 7/18/2014We were a party of 2 and werent really hungry, so we ordered 3 apetizers for dinner. After realizing we werent going to spend much, the waiter decided to ignore us. He took so long to ask us about desert that when he did, we just asked for the check. Besides that, food was good, but place was really loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2014Will definitely not go back after the terrible service I received last night.
- Unique BeautiqueWant2dineVIPDined on 7/12/2014This new hidden away lounge is worth a try. Some wait staff is still learning the in's & outs, but they are trying. The lamb dish was excellent!!If you have time to checkout the lounge, you will be rewarded with a vibrant NYC experience. Staff in this section are on their "A" game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2014I was anxious to try this restaurant since it appeared to be one of the best new restaurants to try...it was good but could be better and it was quite pricey. My grilled octopus appetizer had little flavor and a bit overcooked. I ordered the foie gras scallops...again, good but the foie gras was more like an emulsion in a creamy sauce and very little foie gras flavor. I will say that they did cater to my friend who has celiac and needed gluten free food. They modified their dishes so they could be gluten free for him-that was very much appreciated and I would go back just for that aspect...it has great potential but I think the food needs tweeking. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014We had the pleasure of stopping by Beautique for dessert on a busy Thursday night. The restaurant looks like a trendy French bistro with modern touches. Place was buzzing while we were there. Desserts were both beautifully presented and had well balanced taste. Prices are reasonable for the area. Would return for supper.Special Features:
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Food was good but not worth the hype. Ambience was nice and good for after dinner drinks. Was kinda annoyed that place that already charges decent prices tries to put extra costs on bill. Wife ordered a dish on the special menu was listed as 42 dollars but when bill came it was 65 for the gnocci. Won't be going back. Was nice place for a date but not special enough to stand out. Also, annoyed that they try to get extra charges on the bill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014Excellent food and service. But Too strange a crowd. Would not go backSpecial Features:
- NyrockerNYROCKERDined on 7/8/2014Great crowd. We arrived at 7:30 for a 7:30 reservation and staff did not force us to sit. They allowed us to have a drink at the busy bar and we sat at 8. No rush even though the table was waiting. Beautiful people pouring in after 9. Food was very good, service excellent. Would recommend to my friends..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sexy environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014Wonderful food. I have been to Beautique twice food I absolutely amazing. However the bar service is far to slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service, Service, Serviceericr569Dined on 6/25/2014Food was very good, excellent in some cases - but we had great service from the food runner to the server to the owner. Everyone seemed genuinely concerned that we enjoy our meal and that all of our questions were answered (they were). great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat find across from the PlazaSJR1VIPDined on 6/20/2014Stumbled across this on OpenTable and was glad I did. It is next to the Paris Theatre and across the street from The Plaza in a space underground that has been vacant for several years. Service is exceptional and the food was great, too. It appeared to be devoid of tourists and while I despise pretentiousness it was refreshing seeing other diners dressed nicely---no shorts or T-shirts to be found anywhere. The portions for all courses were just right. Rabbit Salad and Asparagus Salad were excellent and the Grass Fed Steak and Duck were both cooked perfectly to our wishes. For dessert, the Cannoli and Financier finished the meal off nicely. I think this nice hidden away gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Great place in Mid Town with a downtown vibe. Food, service all terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Great new restaurant on the block. The food was good and the deserts were especially amazing. Service was great and especially our sommelier. Great wine suggestions and pairing.Special Features:
- new hot spot in midtownnycdinerVIPDined on 6/10/2014the restaurant is very sleek and bustling with people. since you have to go into a basement, even though it's a relatively small space, the noise level is very high to the point that it's hard to hear the person next to you. that said, the food and service are excellent, albeit a little pricey. it's definitely a scene-y kinda place and they have a back lounge that you go to via the kitchen. definitely worth a shot.
- The cat is out of the bagDrinks4lifeDined on 6/3/2014Midtown East just got a new hotspot. Before Beautique, neighborhood nightlife enthusiasts, like myself, were confined to Lavo and Tao. There is a new player in town and they're making their pressence known. Beautique is primarily a restaurant but their lounge is becoming the place to be. I was invited to an event there the other night for an art exhibition and decided to make a reservation and try out the food beforehand. I'm not much of a foodie and do not have much of a culinary background but felt right at home. The menu was well explained and the drinks complimented the menu well. But in my opinion the real star of the show is the lounge. A nice size lounge located in the rear. Tyson Beckford was even there enjoying himself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencecityevaluatorDined on 5/31/2014It's not often that a group goes out in the city and stays in one place for a start to finish experience, but that is what happened for us this past weekend. From great food (must try the Burgundy Escargot or Oysters as app and Branzino or Lamb as main), to creative drinks, Beautique dining lived up to the hype. Topping the night off was the staff (who took great care of us from the time we sat, to the time they thanked us for our patronage), inviting/escorting us into the restaurants back lounge room following dinner, where the overall scene was everything one would expect from an NYC hot spot. Highly recommend for dates, and client outings (for those who entertain).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! A definite must try!NYPatDined on 5/31/2014I decided to try this new place out on a Saturday night with my gf and had a great time. We were greeted by a piano player at the entrance and were seated right away. For apps we shared the Carrot Salad & Tuna. For mains I ordered the Branzino and she had the Grass Fed Beef and both of our meals were absolutely amazing. We didn't have room for dessert but I definitely want to try it after seeing what the table next to us ordered. The service was impeccable and the ambiance was fantastic. I really didn't have any complaints. After dinner we moved to the lounge area and had a couple of drinks before calling it a night. This place is great to bring a date or have a business meeting. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab!vipotVIPDined on 5/31/2014absolutely amazing. service was attentive food was delicious room is gorgeousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingeatoutkingDined on 5/30/2014Beautique is gorgeous at every turn you take. From the piano in the entryway, with a pianist playing by the way, to the mirrored staircase, to the JPG covered bar seats, and I mean "seats" not the standard stools at other places. We got the chance to dine in the oval room beneath that beautiful chandelier. I'm a guy's guy, meaning I don't get swooned by this kind of stuff but beautique found a way to get a guy like me interested in decor. A+ ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/27/2014It is Overpriced. Drink menu is not clear about prices.Special Features:
- The following 10 reviews are from the Beautique reviews archive.
- Too noisySupertuscanVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food and service were great but the music was TOO LOUD. It was more like a downtown club. It was so noisy I could not hear my wife across the table.Special Features:
- DinesalotVIPDined on 5/15/2014Fabulous manager. Fabulous servers. Fabulous food. Host a complete obnoxious you know what
- Average FoodFoodie24Dined on 5/14/2014Beautifully decorated restaurant. Good service. Amazing ambiance. The food though was just average. The creativity in the plating was good it was just the preparation and cuts of the meat were not great.Special Features:
- Such a disappointmentJoannmVIPDined on 5/8/2014I was excited after reading about this new place and being able to secure a reservation! But it was not anything like I expected. It was SO loud it felt like I was sitting in a nightclub. Prices were on the high side and the food was just not great. My god daughter's salmon was under cooked and cold (she had asked for it to be done through and not rare) and my Branzino was OK but not great. I didn't like the set up that came with it either. My spring pea soup was good. You couldn't read the wine menu, the type was so small and the tables were very tight. We were enjoying the rest of our champagne bottle when the staff actually asked us to move to the bar so they could seat other people!! Luckily a manager came by and comped us 2 glasses.Special Features:
- loveopentable75VIPDined on 4/30/2014for a brand new restaurant service and food were better then expected. The staff was friendly and attentive and the surroundings so prettySpecial Features:
- Enchanting EveningNewYorker1VIPDined on 4/28/2014My husband and I went to Beautique for our 35th anniversary and simply loved this restaurant. The food was very good and the drinks were exceptional. Try the Maison Martini!!!! My only complaint was I thought the appetizers were limited. However, the service was impeccable, even down to the bus boy. When they found out it was our anniversary, the chef made us two wonderful deserts. They have only been opened for two weeks,but they are off to a good start. It is hard to find a friendly warm atmosphere in NYC, but we found one with Beautique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014I can't believe how terrible the dining experience was. Given all the hype and pedigree involved I expected a much better dining experience but was very dissapointed. We waited over 40 minutes to be seated and then never got our menus until we asked and then ordered a bottle which took another 30 minutes for them to remember and send new glasses. Then the food took ages and was absolutely not on par with the hype. Just mediocre food with no cohesion. Was nowhere near worth the price. The clientele were your typical Tao. Lavo. People who want to be seen. Definitely not a place for true foodies and definitely not a place to spend your money. I haven't been this irritated dining out in a long time.
- Ok not greatAdamp3p4VIPDined on 4/19/2014Food was OK, table OK, food not bad, bar was nice area, place just opened so no buzz, did have a celeb or two in as well. But the space had no atmosphere . Trying to be 5 star but not yet
- nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014we went there on saturday easter evening so it was quite decor was beautiful and food was good but not amazing I'm sure it will get better and more vibrant soon i will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decor and food were great,BjkbjkVIPDined on 4/12/2014Decor and food were great, staff needs fine tuning. Potential is there to be good in future. Serving staff not up to par with kitchen