409 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.beaumarchaisny.com/
- Phone: 2126752400x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sat: 7:00pm - 11:00pm, Wed: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thur - Fri: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us Wednesday evenings for our weekly Nuit Blanche party, featuring classic burlesque performed by Dances of Vice!
A word from Beaumarchais
Beaumarchais is a modern French brasserie in New York's trendy Meatpacking District. The Chef serves up re-imagined French classics such as Whipped Goat Cheese with Oven Dried Tomato on a Crostini and Steak Aux Poivres while suave bartenders create perfectly balanced bespoke cocktails. Beaumarchais is as famous for it's fine French cuisine and extensive wine list as it is for it's energetic, DJ-fuel atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Beaumarchais - Best Restaurants in Meatpacking District ›
Beaumarchais reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (15)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (11)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (7)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Wow!What an experience!TeatimedVIPDined on 8/24/2014Friends recommended we go to Beaumarchais the next time we were in NYC. My daughter and I were in NYC last Sunday and decided to go to Beaumarchais and let me tell you we were really glad we did. Everything from the food to the service and ambience was just outstanding. I will definitely keep going back. Just fabulous!Special Features:
- had a blast!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014we went here for my girlfriends birth for brunch at around 2:30 pm. Stayed until about 5, let me just say, the party doesnt start until the shades are drawn and when they are, WOW. Great f'ing time!!!Special Features:
- Quiet on a ThursdayElliegurlDined on 8/13/2014I went here for dinner with a friend on Thursday night around 9 pm, thinking it would be a fun atmosphere. We were two of four people in the restaurant. Totally totally empty, so the experience was a little weird. We sat outside, which was nice and the food was great. But maybe this is more of a brunch scene. We were there until 11 pm or so and still crickets.
- Vivianz6Dined on 8/9/2014Loved everything atmosphere food especially the steak tartare service ambience everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014There was hair in the food. The tuna tartare was in a bowl of water and it wasn't very fresh. The waitress was rude and impatient. The manager tried to smooth it over with mimosas. He told us they usually never have any complaints and hope we try them again. I was disappointed because I was expecting a great fun brunch experience. But it was pretty calm on a Saturday afternoon...there was EDM, bu everyone was seated and talking. Maybe Sunday is when it turns into a party? I like the decor though.Special Features:
- Fun for brunch!20percenttipplusVIPDined on 7/20/2014My fiance and I had a great time. We had brunch and a couple too many wine glasses. I had the Cesar salad for brunch -I don't recommend it. It is a simple as they warn you it it. He had the tuna sushi style and avocado. It was tasty. I would recommended for a group of friend but watch what you order for drinking coz' they def get you at $15 per glass wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NYC Brunch with great foodTribecaFoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Unlike many NYC brunches the food is amazing and the service is superb. Even when the restaurant is packed, the staff pays great attention to the guests. A friend and I shared the seafood tower although it was amazing, we were unable to finish because of the sheer size of it. I recommend this place as a less touristy and higher quality alternative to other meatpacking brunches.Special Features:
- BeaumarchaisMamaDined on 7/16/2014This is a great venue especially if you go with a crowd. It's fun and entertaining! Food was really good, though our service was poor. We were never checked on to see if we were ok or needed anything and after dinner we wasn't even asked for dessert. So we paid and left a little disappointed. I would definitely recommend Beaumarchais - just hope you don't get our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchLLCBVIPDined on 7/13/2014Went for Sunday brunch last day of the world cup. They were showing the match on big screens. There is a DJ @ brunch & the music is loud. Between screaming soccer fans & the music there was definatley no chance of having a conversation. The food was very good & the service was fine. If you want to party & have a good meal come here. If you're looking for conversation with friends this isn't the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing In This World Is FreeDenpasarVIPDined on 7/13/2014Food and service were just fine. Beware: they charge $10 a bottle of water. At that price, I was expecting a better vintage.
- Good food, loud musicsaraskDined on 7/12/2014I went here on a Saturday night with 2 friends. The food was great and it was the perfect spot to eat before going out, as it definitely has a party atmosphere. There's a DJ and the music is loud. Good for groups, there were lots of big parties sitting around us. Would definitely recommend before a night out, but probably not a place for families or if you're looking for a quiet romantic dinner. Overall, really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014An institution in the meatpacking district. Great food, great for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best timeSharVIPDined on 7/10/2014had the best time for my birthday dinner...loved ur dj, and the whole ambience. merci...will be back. xoSpecial Features:
- gegandcoVIPDined on 7/5/2014Excellent cuisine and exceptional service contribute to this Class A restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 415 reviews are from the Beaumarchais reviews archive.
- Wouldn't recommend1234Dined on 6/28/2014The food here is actually pretty good, but overpriced. It would have been fine, except the service was awful. If you're looking for a rowdy brunch, I'd recommend Bagatelle over Beaumarchais.
- Wild crowdDisappointedVIPDined on 6/14/2014If you had a fight with your partner and need to take him/her to a nice dinner where you can no longer talk about the problem, this is the right place. The DJ plays music at discotheque decibels, lights blink, patrons and waiters climb on chairs and dance to the music, and our waiter was bringing shots of vodka to a table and taking one himself each time he served them. I guess is you arrive early enough, you can enjoy the food, which is quite good, without fearing that a high heeled beauty will fall on your table from the chair next to you. Some of the tables are 1"from that of your neighbor and there is no privacy at all. I have to say that the crowd was beautiful, the young women looked stunning and the guys with them were a good match.Special Features:
- Delicious but LoudDineoutDined on 6/7/2014We really enjoyed our meal. The food was delicious and perfectly cooked. Our service was very nice. The only negative was that it was very loud. So loud that we went elsewhere for an after dinner drink rather than stay there for dessert or a drink.Special Features:
- Celebrate@BeaumarchaisMsAmbienceDined on 5/24/2014This Bistro is not your quiet, French getaway, it is a CELEBRATION! The art is always really high-end contemporary (I'm an artist); the music (we had a DJ on Saturday night) energetic with songs to appeal to several generations, and the food and the service are both outstanding. We had the cutest waiter (beautiful, South American young woman wearing a tux-like waiter suit) and all of our meals were delicious. It was two of our friends' birthdays and the giant sundae in a cone, complete with large burning flare (no wimpy sparkler) can not be beat when you have something to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MariaDined on 5/23/2014had my sister's college graduation dinner here. food was very good, dj was great and played fun music, and the staff is friendly. two problems we experienced: my husband asked for his steak to be medium rare and it came out well done. when he sent it back it came back even more cooked the second time. I believe the waiter misunderstood and thought he wanted it "very well done". the third time they finally got it right and my husband said the steak was excellent. they were very apologetic and comped our dessert. the second issue was we were charged for two steaks. sometimes I wonder if this is an honest mistake or if they hope you are too "drunk" to notice. I think with all the mistakes we shouldn't have been charged for the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewDined on 5/18/2014The atmosphere is fun. A group of us went for a birthday and they sat us at a tiny table in the corner meant for 2 people. The service was terrible. Our waiter brought the wrong drinks and wrong food out twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedChofisVIPDined on 5/18/2014I was there for brunch on a Sunday. It is a fun place and you are basically pay high prices for the fun part I guess, because the food is average but expensive for what it is. Steak and eggs for $38??? That is ridiculous. The cocktails were good but I wouldn't go there to eat again. My friend had the Croque Madame, and the bread was soooo hard that she could bearly cut it with the steak knife. She left half of it because she was struggling to eat it. We told this to the waiter and it was as if our comment was a complaint.
- Paris in New YorkIvyNYC61Dined on 5/16/2014I loved Beaumarchais!!! I felt like I was in Paris, France at Chez George. The food was incredible and having dinner to great music giving it a club feel was awesome on a Friday night! Just like the great restaurants of Paris! I can not wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food with Great MusicOnlytheFinestDined on 5/11/2014This was a fun Brunch surprise. Small place filled with lots of people eating fantastic food. Menu is one of the best. Tuna Tartare app with guacamole is wonderful. Gnocchi was creamy and delicious. Eggs Benedict perfect with all the trimmings. Dessert fabulous. Must have Ice Cream Cone, enough for 6 people, came out in our waitress' hands with a sparkler on top. DJ kept us rocking. Fun had by allSpecial Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014The brunch made a mom feel very special!great signature drinks! Great menu selection. Fabulous dessert served with a big sparklerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little more Tham you evercecpectMamaDined on 5/7/2014I was recomended by a Friends to-do-list for New York. So we did anvreservstion for Burlesque wednesday. From the very first secund we were entertained and served by fantastic personal. The food was great, the service was excellent and tha show absolutfelet fab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!!Gaba220VIPDined on 5/3/2014Great place, awesome service. Food is fresh, delectable, and simple. Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing for the priceJohnny4DinnerVIPDined on 5/1/2014Steak tartare was superb for entree. The mains we had were ok but the dessert was very disappointing. The wine list is too expensive for the quality of the food. Service was very good.
- Lots of fun for Saturday dancing!MonaDined on 4/26/2014I came here for a birthday brunch with a few friends and had a blast. The music is loud so it's not a place for quiet conversation. Instead, it's a fabulous spot for dressing up, having some delicious food and bouncing in your chairs to the loud house/hip hop/top 40 music all afternoon. By about 4pm, the curtains were closed and folks stood up to dance in their chairs. All around fun, festive brunch spot. My only criticism isthat as my headcount increased to 8, I was told we'd have to do a pre fixe menu, which I don't like. Fortunately someone cancelled so we got to have the regular menu.Special Features:
- Awesome find!Yumyummy9Dined on 4/25/2014Food, staff and ambience was wonderful. Great place to go if you want some fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boboVIPDined on 4/23/2014Very clubby and loud. But wonderful service from the staff - dispite the chaos all around. Loud LOUD music. but it was 10:30 on a Wednesday night!Special Features:
- A beautiful rare treathkwhVIPDined on 4/23/2014We went here because we like French food but also the idea of live entertainment. I had read a lot of reviews about how it was too noisy. I didn't find that to be the problem at all. First of all, the lighting and decoration is very pretty. The hostess could not have been nicer and accomodated our seating request to sit side by side. This proved to give us a great view of the burlesque! The waiter steered us very well in our food choices, recommending meats over seafood. Food was delicious and we wound up staying for 5 hours dancing after midnight. If you are on a date and want to mix up the usual dining, this place is a great find.Special Features:
- timingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014his time they gave us a mini table, took to long to have the food ready, and the eggs were overcookedSpecial Features:
- amoreNYVIPDined on 4/20/2014My daughters and I enjoyed the food and the ambiance, however the service was a bit slow although the restaurant was not too crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCDNJCDined on 4/11/2014This restaurant came recommended. We were a group of 7, looking for a nice dining experience. We felt VERY rushed. The waiter was arrogant and stuffy. The food was boring. Once we finished eating he never returned to see if we wanted anymore drinks (60.00$ for the cheapest bottle of wine). He recommend a $50.00 "cake" to share for dessert. He brought out ice cream, whip cream, marshmallows and some other random garbage in it. I think he did it more as a joke amongst his coworkers but we didn't find it that funny. Terrible experience, first time ever writing a review but it was so bad I wanted to warn the next group.Special Features:
- move 'em in and outJHC1Dined on 4/5/2014Attracts a 20's-30s crowd looking for action. Food ok, service rushed, music ridiculously loud (which made it ok that they rushed us out)Special Features:
- Wed NightJRNYDined on 4/2/2014Wednesdays is a burlesque themed night...and they put in a great show! The gnocchi at this restaurant was pretty amazing. We arrived around 9 PM for dinner, but later he got the more lively and energetic. Overall a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too impressed!FifiVIPDined on 3/28/2014It was our second time there and I don't think i would ever go back. Our reservation was at 9.45pm and we were'nt seated til 10.50! Whats the point of having resos!! Also felt they kept lying as to why our table wasnt ready! For that much of a wait the food really isn't worth it. Also its so packed that you can't even enjoy a drink as you wait for your table!! Too many other great places to go in NY to waste time waiting at Beauty&Essex!!!Special Features:
- Great food, energetic vibeNicoleVIPDined on 3/22/2014I loved Beau Marchais. The food was delicious. I went with a living social deal, but I was given the utmost service, and generous portions. The ambiance is great, the later you stay Beau Marchais turns into a party scene. Great music. I loved it will definitely return and recommend Beau Marchais to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Fanfare - The Spot.ChristinaVIPDined on 3/20/2014I've been going out in Meatpacking for years and I had always overlooked Beaumarchais; not sure why. I decided to go there with one of my girlfriends last Thurs night and O M G... what an experience!! We arrived at 8:15ish and the place was quiet, but nice. By 9pm, the music got louder and older diners exited and younger entered and the place was popping by 10pm with bottle service theatrics galore with outrageous Ghostbusters, Star Wars and Superman shows, belly dancers, etc. So much fun!!! The DJ was fab. Everyone was dancing on tables and chairs and having a crazy good time. And the food was AMAZING! I'll never be able to enjoy gnocchi again anywhere else. The scallops were incredible as was the chocolate lava cake. YOU MUST GO!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun experience for sunday brunchJSTERENBERGDined on 3/16/2014We had a great time on a casual environment. A brunch with good food, drinks and DJ with beautiful people.Special Features: