753 Riverside Drive
Reno, NV 89503Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beaujolaisbistro.com/
- Phone: 775-323-2227x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm: Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Bill Gilbert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room
- Private Party Contact: Bill Gilbert 775-323-2227x
- Special Events: Bastille Day, July 14
Beaujolais Nouveau on the 3rd Thursday in November.
A word from Beaujolais Bistro
Beaujolais Bistro is a charming bistro located at 130 West Street in downtown Reno, Nevada. We serve authentic French cuisine made with the finest ingredients available such as Niman Ranch Meat, Wild Salmon, and organic, local vegetables. We have an exceptional winelist featuring wines from Kermit Lynch, Louis/Dressner, and Rosenthal. There is a full bar. Our private room can seat up to 36 guests and is available for private tastings.. We offer a nightly prix fixe menu; wine pairings are availble upon request.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Beaujolais Bistro - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Beaujolais Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)special occasion (72)neighborhood gem (64)romantic (58)notable wine list (45)scenic view (33)great for outdoor dining (32)hot spot (11)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- anniversaryanniversaryDined on 8/27/2014great food good service excellent ambiance and layout very good wine good vibe :)Special Features:
- One of Reno's best dining options!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014This was my first time to Beaujolis Bistro's new location...the new place, combined with the always terrific food, makes this now one of my favorite restaurants in Reno. The oyster appetizer started off a great meal, alongside the lamb tongue salad and the lamb entree. Will definitely go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exquisite menu, service, and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The entire experience here was nothing short of perfection. We were seated on time for our reservation and our server was spot on the entire night. The ambiance of the restaurant was very nice; they did a very tasteful buildout of the space. The food though, is why this restaurant was such a pleasure. Every item on the menu was tantalizing, and every item ordered was absolutely delicious, plated beautifully, and cooked to perfection. While the food wasn't prepared and served lightening fast like many expect (and complain when it isn't), it was well worth the very reasonable wait and provided an excellent, long-lived dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- francophileDined on 8/19/2014Our monthly visit to Beaujolais took a turn for the worse this trip. We were sitting an hour before our food arrived. Our server was attentive but men cannot live by bread alone. There were definite signs of low blood sugar at the table. We could have understood it if the restaurant was busy but there were half a dozen empty tables on the front lawn where we were seated. There were more empty tables indoors. Sad. This was our favorite restaurant. Going to try 4th Street Bistro next month.
- Excellent mealRiceky60Dined on 8/16/2014We were looking for a restaurant away from the casino scene. Beaujolais Bistro was perfect - in a converted residence across the street from the river. Excellent food, beautifully presented. The wine list, although not extensive, is very good. Attentive, friendly service. We ate on the porch, which was very pleasant. There were also a number of tables on the lawn in front of the house. It appeared to us that, were we sitting inside, we would have found it quite noisy. This is not an inexpensive restaurant (certainly by Reno standards). With a bottle of wine, it will surely be over $100 for two, even if one is trying hard to be frugal (which we were not). But for us, it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceRenodinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have previously enjoyed the prior location but the new location has much more space, a nice bar, better ambience, access and parking. The food remains among the best anywhere . We loved our dining experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time at new locationRenoyumDined on 8/13/2014Brought a French Bistro fan from DC. We both loved our appetizers, main course and marvelous cocktail and bottle of wine. My appetizer of mushroom and shrimp "cigars" ( a take a a Turkush borek) was amazing. I loved the old location. But this new spot is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceFrankDined on 8/8/2014I'm not one to write a negative review, but when something hits me the wrong way, at least the restaurant should know about it. We came back after a great experience last month. After being promptly seated, the waiter took a little while to come by. We ordered drinks, and looked over the menu. After 15 minutes without our drinks, I finally had to ask our waiter about our drinks; he came back and confesses that "our ticket was lost". That would have been fine, but the same thing happened to our dinner, with the excuse this time that " the kitchen was backed up". The food was good, but by that time, we were frustrated with the experience.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceRenoDined on 8/8/2014We were seated at 6:20, but our meal didn't arrive until 7:40. When it finally arrived, it was not hot. That said, the food was very good. It's a nice spot, but I don't think they are equipped to handle the summer weekend crowds.Special Features:
- beautiful, sexy date nightTahoeRoseDined on 8/5/2014Loved the atmosphere and service. We rarely get dressed up but we did and it was the perfect spot to do so. Subtle, not pretentious, but with probably a reason to be, it was lovely. The duck was incredible. Definitely disappointing bavette steak was way too chewy but they covered about half the cost. (We ate most of it before we told them, chewing what we could since it was late and we were a little too saucy and hungry). All in all, everything was fantastic and I have a feeling- based on our other dishes- the bad steak was a fluke.Special Features:
- GJLFGDined on 8/5/2014The food was excellent but the place was so noisy with people screaming at each other that fortunately we were offered a table on the terrace which was fine. We will go back to the terrace again.Special Features:
- Wonderful All AroundMarcusJDined on 8/3/2014We had a great time at Beaujolais! We sat out side on the quiet street across from the river and enjoyed our wine, escargot, pate, and duck confit. We're told that the menu changes daily to fit the ingredients the chef has procured locally. Well, the menu he chose that night was excellent. Our server was also very helpful and kept checking up on us. Great food and a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect all 'round!JacqueVIPDined on 8/1/2014We took some out of town friends to Beaujolais Bistro and they were suitably impressed! Everything as spot on, from service to food. They each had a fish dish (one halibut and one Ono), my husband had the filet and I had the duck confit. All were excellent! This restaurant has long been a favorite.Special Features:
- Excellent!francophileDined on 7/29/2014Cocktails were very good. Escargot and salmon appetizers were delicious. The leg o lamb and duck confit excellent as always. We shared a bottle of provencal rose' which was perfect with our entrees. We finished off with Lagavulin. It was a beautiful night for outside dining. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Move caused downfall of serviceFrenchrestaurantloversDined on 7/25/2014We dined at Beaujolais Bistro a few years ago in their small restaurant and enjoyed it so much we wanted to return because the food was excellent as was the service. Now that they have moved to new facilities, we can't recommend the restaurant. The noise level was deafening. We couldn't hear each other directly across the table. The service was very poor as they didn't add service staff for a larger restaurant. They need to have someone to help attend the tables. We had to pour our own water, wine, and our empty plates sat on the table for 15 minutes. The food was very good, but we had to wait for 25 minutes for our entrée. The waiter said they were extremely business and apologized, but there is no excuse for overbooking.
- Love the new localekiligirlDined on 7/22/2014Great setting and ambience in this new location for an "old standby" restaurant. The pace of service was excellent, and the menu offers creative options. The pomme frites are always wonderful, but everything our table enjoyed - from the oysters to the onion soup, and rabbit to berry tart were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service, food and atmosphere great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014Everything was perfect at our recent visit to Beaujolais. Bartender was friendly, cocktails and food delicious. Server was very attentive and didn't rush us by clearing plates before everyone was finished. Great energy, beautiful setting near the river with large windows and beautiful porch seating. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Best French Chef in RenoTBarnesDined on 7/19/2014Beaujolais has the best french chef in town, bar none. Being that he is also the owner, Chef Gilbert takes pride in every plate of food that leave his kitchen. The entire dining room has an open view of the kitchen, and you can see with your own eyes how well he works with his staff to create such wonder food. There is no yelling (a la Gordon Ramsey), and each dish is prepared fresh to order. Chef Gilbert's sauces are to die for and each dish has a unique sauce that complements the protein perfectly. Never oily, never too heavy. Try the Confit Duck, you won't regret it. In fact, try everything on the menu! Do not hesitate to ask your server about any dish. They know them all, and can help you choose based on your tastes.Special Features:
- Relocation worked!fenimoreDined on 7/16/2014Beaujolais's new spot on the Truckee River gives them a whole new ambience, in addition to more room and light. If it's a warm night and you can get one of the 3 or 4 tables on the porch, you will enjoy the proximity to the Riverside Drive bicycle corridor.Special Features:
- Locals only!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I have been attempting to write this in the private note section but keep getting the message that I have exceeded the character limit... We reserved the table days in advance through open table. Many preferable tables were open when we arrived. However, the server who seated us said "this is your assigned table." Next time I will call directly. Just a little damper on an otherwise lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 071214 pm reviewbrownleeDined on 7/12/2014Food: For lack of a better term, bland. To be clear, when I say bland, I mean that the flavors have not been fully developed and means of highlighting flavors (supporting flavors) were not used wisely. Good quality, just nothing that provides for an exceptional experience. Service: My first experience provided me with what I would call horrible service. 15 mins of waiting without being greeted at the front door and a server who didn't know the menu items, who brought our first class of wine after our apps, and who did not have his act together in any way. My next experience was better, but our server was up selling us!!NO BEAUJOLAIS! I will not tolerate gratuitous up-selling, it diminishes what this restaurant is trying to be.Special Features:
- Very disappointedPatrickVIPDined on 7/6/2014This was our second visit and we were coming back to check it out. We waited ten minutes for our water to come to the table. And when he did it was to tell us he would be right back. By the time he returned we ordered our drinks and our meal together. The beat salad was very good and the shrimp cigars interesting. We waited 40 minutes for our entre' while the table next to us got theirs after having ordered later than us. When it did arrive my chicken was not edible. It was one tiny leg that tasted so bad it was not chewable and the little thigh I was served was very tough. I got more sausage than chicken and the plate looked like left overs from a previous meal. The worst dinner plate I have ever had in recent years. We will not go back.
- surprising little gemboneguyDined on 7/6/2014My family's second time to this French restaurant down by the river.Food took a while to come out but was worth the wait. The service was great but not overbearing. The portions were good size. chanterelles in multiple dishes were excellent and tasted different in each dish.The cocktail menu was good, more like a New Orleans restaurant than a French restaurant. Very refreshing cocktails. The prices are a bit high, so this is a special-occasion kind of place for most people, with the filet priced at $40. Other dishes more reasonable, but still expensive for fish or chicken in the mid- $30's per entree. Salads/appetizers around $10each as weSpecial Features:
- Seasonal French Bistro2fordinnerVIPDined on 7/5/2014Great neighborhood bistro serving mix of classic french bistro and fresh seasonal offerings. Menu changes daily. Excellent french wine values and fun cocktail list. Cod wrapped in Serrano ham was delicious. Service was friendly. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Consistently goodArrpooDined on 7/3/2014The chef does a great job updating the menu with new dinner items while still keeping our favorites like the mushroom/shrimp cigars. I've tried several different entrees and they have all been very good. I also like that they have a wine list that offers a great range of good wines. Their staff is always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencefoodieDined on 7/3/2014The staff was friendly and made sure all of our needs were met. We ordered two vegetarian dishes and one meat meat dish. We were impressed by the quality and the flavors of all the dishes. The atmosphere is great. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to other who are looking for a nice night out at an upscale restaurant.Special Features:
- The best restaurnat in RenoPearls2Dined on 6/27/2014Excellent food and service for our group. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- PATTIDined on 6/27/2014FRENCH/FRENCH - I THOUGHT I WAS IN PARIS. IT DOESN'T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THIS.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/26/2014The foie gras is wonderful. We try to stop here every time we are in Reno. Definitely our favorite place and we love the new location!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014Always a delight to see what Chef Bill Gilbert is preparing. The food is creative, unique, fresh and absolutely delicious every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiscoveryCariDined on 6/24/2014Reno is coming alive, must try when visiting. This is an easy to find restaurant, nice walk from the strip along the river. Service was wonderful, food excellent along with wine list. Cannot wait for another Reno trip CJ from PortlandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereFoodieDined on 6/19/2014We enjoyed this restaurant very much. We discovered it while walking in downtown Reno and decided to try it. We visit each time we're in town now. Their new location is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ServiceDining4pleasureDined on 6/19/2014Each time I have been to Beaujolais Bistro the service was spectacular. The food is excellent and the wine list pairs well with the dishes. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for good French food and terrific service. It is a pleasure to dine at Beaujolais BistroSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT DINNER OF EXCELLENT VALUEJvelnDined on 6/11/2014We ordered the saddle-of-rabbit with chorizo crust and the fresh halibut-du-jour as entrees. The preparations were unique and very flavorful. Chef Bill always adds a new twist to the preparations. We shared an appetizer of "mushroom-shrimp cigars." These were outstanding; we often order them. We also shared a salad of "greens." The greens were mixed spinach and arugula with a dijon dressing, very tasty. Our wine was a Cote-du-Rhone and cocktails before dinner were from the extensive house-made cocktail list, which is very creative and quite good. Service was very good, and the waitress was attentive and gave us good pointers on our wine selection. We always have an wonderful dinner of excellent value when we dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New location is big improvement.RenoDinerDined on 6/7/2014This is one our favorite restaurants to go to for special occasions their new location by the Truckee River is a huge improvement, we loved it. We had a very nice table by the windows looking out over the park and river. They even called to confirm our reservation and to ask if we wanted a table outside on their patio or inside by the windows. The food was excellent (except the bread) the wine was impressive, the dessert was delicious and our server was very helpful with wine and food choices when we asked. Beaujolais Bistro will continue to be on our top two list for Reno restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014It was a good atmosphere. The noise level icon wouldn't let you put quiet down without erasing service stars. This was an outstanding restaurant that knows what to do and does it well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surpriseWinesbyrobertDined on 6/3/2014This restaurant was being touted as an elegant restaurant with excellent food. So I thought from there it could only get worse. Happily it was the other way around. With something as simple as escargot, the last times I've ordered this dish it has been underwhelming to say the least. Here it was excellent. The rest of the food was similarly excellent. No weird flavor combinations instead properly flavored food with some surprising ( and good) combinations. The people were friendly and we shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beaujolais BistroErikaMDined on 6/1/2014This is the third time dining at Beaujolais Bistro. The first 2 times were fantastic in every way. This last time was a bit disappointing. Our waitress was nice. It took forever to get our food. People that came in after us left before us. The food was not great. My fish was over-cooked and did not resemble the description on the menu. My sister's steak was supposed to come with béarnaise sauce. It came with diced tomatoes instead. (they ran out of eggs) My mom's fish was cold (on a hot plate). We will definitely give it another try because of the two past experiences. If the next visit is anything like the last, I will not be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantFoodSnobDined on 5/28/2014If you appreciate excellent food and service, I recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enhanced ExperiencekelouiseDined on 5/25/2014We all ordered different dishes, which we all enjoyed. The lightly curried seafood stew was outstanding. We've been to the "new" Beaujolais several times and this was by far our best experience. And, we understand that they'll soon have dining outside on the lawn, which should be fantastic as the beautiful Truckee River is just across the street. Our favorite restaurant in Reno by far.Special Features: