624 South 6th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
South Street / Queen Village
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.creperie-beaumonde.com/
- Phone: (215) 592-0656
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday : 12:00pm - 11:00pm Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm Sunday 10:00am -10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, French
- Executive Chef: David Salama
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Emily Wester 2155920656
- Entertainment: L'Etage is a floor above Beau Monde where we host monthly cabarets as well as weekly DJ nights on Fridays and Saturdays. The space transforms into a popular night club ideal for drinks and dancing after dinner at Beau Monde. L'Etage also caters events like weddings, graduation celebrations, and holiday parties.
A word from Beau Monde
Creperie Beau Monde is a perfect place to have brunch, lunch, dinner and drinks! We specialize in Crepes, but the menu also has plenty of appetizers, soups, and salads. Our romantic atmosphere is accommodating for that special date, your family (kids included), as well as large parties. The versatile menu has a wide range of prices that will agree with any budget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Beau Monde - Best Restaurants in South Street / Queen Village ›
Beau Monde reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)great for brunch (40)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (21)romantic (20)great for lunch (20)special occasion (18)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Still deliciousrestaurantroadieVIPDined on 11/8/2014It's been several years since my last visit here and it didn't disappoint. Delicious crepes, wonderful atmosphere and good service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very goodPaulaRCVIPDined on 11/7/2014Love their salads and their dessert crepes- esp the lemon with sugar- yunSpecial Features:
- Classic EscargotHankyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Fine French food without the attitude...Friendly service and never feel rushed.Special Features:
- Yum Yum YumEstroVIPDined on 10/16/2014the food was so good and portions were huge! they went way and beyond to accommodate our special requests. i loved it. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beau MondeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014I love almost everything about Beau Monde. The crepes are delicious, and always fresh, and the decor is so cute. The one and only complaint that I have is their lack of non-dairy options for coffee. I am lactose intolerant and had to drink it black.Special Features:
- popular place with unique crepesfoodiesDined on 10/12/2014Great atmosphere for brunch. Food & service was great. Gets busy, I'd recommend a reservation. Started getting noisy around noon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday night.CcJjDined on 10/9/2014Great food. Great drinks. Grace was our server. She was fantastic. Perfect cheese plate. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Patience requiredLiv2eatVIPDined on 10/3/2014I have been several times and will continue to go, but the service has been consistently slow at best. If you have an impatient diner do not take them, their nerves will be tested. Best to go on a cold night when you have no where to go afterwards and want to sit and enjoy the company of your dining companions and have lots to talk about while waiting for your crepe. Prices have been on the rise, which is beginning to be hard to justify for a crepe.Special Features:
- SnarlzDined on 9/14/2014Crepes were delicious, they carry a nice selection of beers, cocktail menu is a little more limited ,but really it's all about the crepes here, very friendly casual atmosphere and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ooh La LaKushie62Dined on 9/14/2014We have been coming to Beau Monde since they opened in the late 90s. Love the ambiance and the food never disappoints. I would recommend this to friends and strangers, and usually bring out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodHelloDined on 9/13/2014The chocolate/Nutella/banana crape was delicious ! Gettin 4/5 stars because they charged me extra for a coffee refillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just lovely!AreBDined on 9/12/2014After all the years that Beau Monde has been there, I finally got to it. Only sorry that I waited so long! It's a very pretty space and has outdoor sitting too. Really appreciated that the indoor tables aren't too close together; I could actually hold a conversation with no challenge. And the food is wonderful. I did a create-your-own crepe for dinner; duck, spinach, and mushrooms: yum! Can't give a report on the dessert crepes as I was too full to try one. (Nice beer selection too.)Special Features:
- Nice crepecarolngeorgeVIPDined on 9/11/2014We were pleased with our lunch. I can't summon up great enthusiasm, but getting together with a friend gave us pleasure.Special Features:
- Great Crepe placesavinairDined on 9/6/2014We were there to celebrate our friends birthday. We were mighty pleased with our savory and sweet crepes. We tried several different ones and each one was really Yummy to taste. I would highly recommend this restaurant not just for its good food but also excellent service and lovely ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, expensive crepesPhillyfoodieDined on 8/24/2014Beau Monde is a cute restaurant nestled just south of Washington Square. This was my first time here and I went with an out of town friend for Sunday brunch. We both ordered mimosas to start (original and blood orange), which were fabulous. Then we both got one of the specialty savory crepes that had avocado, poblano peppers, tomatoes, and eggs. The crepes were a good size - I ended up taking half of mine home. The only downside to this restaurant is the price. $18 for a savory crepe and $11 for a sweet crepe? I think they are overpriced for what you're getting. They could easily charge 25-40% less and still be considered pricey, but at a much more realistic price point that I would return for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel like you are in BrittanyGreatExperienceVIPDined on 8/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience last weekend! I lived in the Brittany area of France 30 years ago and the food made me feel like I was re-living that fun and delicious time in my life. The French onion soup was rich and flavorful without having too much cheese overpowering it. Our gallettes (non-sweet crepes) were absolutely delicious and even with drinks the bill was very reasonable. Also loved the cider!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingrocktopotomusDined on 8/20/2014We ate here mid afternoon on a trip to Phili. We had an amazing time. the food was outstanding. We savored every bite, the savory crepe, the sweet crepe, the cheese plate, and even the bison burger were outrageously delicious. My wife later commented that she loved watching me eat because of the face of delight on my face. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!!!phk1121VIPDined on 8/1/2014We have been ging to Beau Monde for years but was VERY disappointed in the service and the food.
- Beau Mondedine2njoycultureDined on 8/1/2014Warm and welcoming. Attentive service. Excellent food. Delightful ambiance. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 499 reviews are from the Beau Monde reviews archive.
- Great as alwaysHugoDined on 7/26/2014One of our favorite restaurants, but we make the trip only occasionally, for special events. Food was great, as usual, Service was friendly and helpful (though could have used faster refills of water glasses). When we arrived, the inside room was nearly full and very loud. Luckily, the weather was perfect and a table was available outside. We had a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Romantic anniversary dinnerLucytowersDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful food service atmosphere. Perfect place for a rantic and memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyone!PhillyphileDined on 7/26/2014Beau Monde's menu offers something for everyone. You won't find chicken nuggets and mac'n cheese but you'd have to be really picky to not find a crêpe you'll like. We've come here for several years and will keep returning. The savory crêpe might seem "small" but Beau Monde doesn't skimp on the fillings and you will NOT go hungry! I also really like the fact that customers are not rushed along. Service is prompt but not pushy. My only complaint is the noise level. We try to sit outside when the weather permits or come early (before 7) to avoid the crowd and noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crapes for dinnerWinoDined on 7/25/2014I will def. be back to Beau Monde for a happy hour because the cocktails were a stand out when I was there for dinner. This was a nice dinner for a date night. I enjoyed the fresh fruit in the cocktails and highly recommend them! You can order Savory or Sweet Crepes so I went with a scallop with spinach and it was great! The scallops were marinated in a very tasty See you again soon!Special Features:
- Bon temps @Beau MondeNickDined on 7/20/2014Lovely patio for brunch on a sunny Sunday morning in Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSherDined on 7/13/2014Great spot for brunch. Our party consisted of two babies with highchairs. As soon as I arrived, our table was all ready in the back (with space for our strollers). Excellent staff and the crepes are amazing!Special Features:
- Delicious crepesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Beau Monde is great for crepes, both savory and sweet. We were there early on a Saturday in the summer, and the dining room was surprisingly quiet. That may have explained why our entrees came out too fast, as we were only halfway done our salads. I think they were bored in the kitchen. But the food was delicious! If you're looking for crepes, it's one of only a couple places in town.Special Features:
- now i get itWeekendFoodierDined on 6/29/2014Having heard about Beau Monde for years, it was great to finally go and experience for myself. For a casual Sunday brunch, the laid-back, ccid jazzy vibe of this creperie was perfect. The crepes were outstanding: fresh, light, and savory. The hip staff only added to the atmosphere. I recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunshineVIPDined on 6/26/2014Unfortunately our dining experience on this occasion was rather disappointing. As usual the food was excellent but on this night the service almost ruined a good meal. They were having computer problems and instead of the manager staying on top of the checks (there were only about 7 total tables) she was relying on the wait staff to do this task. Our waiter was pleasant but really needed to be better trained at service and spending more time attending to his tables and less time trying to hand total the bill. We had 3 crepes and 2 drinks so it was not tough. This process took 30 minutes. We had to eat our shared dessert crepe with spoons because we never saw the waiter again after taking our order. Not sure why they had a manager on duty.Special Features:
- Love this place!!LuckylisaDined on 6/26/2014Beau Monde continues to shine as a really fun place to enjoy a really great food experience! A lively atmosphere, great music! An accordian added such ambiance the night we were there!! How great!!!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!NickVIPDined on 6/24/2014Invariably delicious crepe-centric meals and desserts with something to please every palate. Great place for a leisurely cocktail, dinner and dessert, and summer brings sidewalk dining as an option. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely dinner at Beau Monde. The service was wonderful. Everyone was warm and welcoming. The food was delicious. The salad was lightly dressed, enhancing the salad's flavor and not drowning it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paying for ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014We have dined here several times over the years. It's still a beautiful and romantic place to dine regardless of the time of day or season. Our server was charming and efficient. Depending on the day and time you can still get lucky with parking. Our entrees were pricey ( we were not surprised) and delicious but we were very disappointed with the tomato lemon grass soup, and considering that I have often spoken of their amazing Bloody Marys, I had a hard time believing there was any alcohol at all in our blueberry martini. ( and I'm a lightweight). I might still return for romance, but with all the local choices I will be tempted by other options.Special Features:
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014We went there for Father's Day brunch. Surprisingly, it wasn't that busy-few tables occupied here and there. So, that couldn't explain why waitress took forever to come to take the order. Our appetizers were brought out by another waitress (drinks came long after that). Our main dishes were also brought out by someone else, and our waitress checked in with us once choosing that moment when we were chewing (I hate when they do that) and just nodded her off. We asked for a check, which she forgot to bring and had to turn around midway when she saw my husband looking at her. Instead of bringing it right away, she had to chat with her fellow colleagues for another couple of minutes before she made final delivery. Food is good, service - not!Special Features:
- Father's Day DinnerSandieDined on 6/14/2014Good place for small kids. Varied menu with choices for all. Parking was found near restaurant on the street. Great place if you want something a little different!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014Great and interesting salads. Dessert crepe a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrimadonnadDined on 6/7/2014I had the lamb with Camembert. We also had creamed spinach and the shrimp. It was fantastic!Special Features:
- Good, but not very fillingKatyTDined on 6/7/2014Our crepes were good. The sweet one I had was not enough for a meal, should be dessert really. My hubbys was good and filling but had scrambled eggs in it. The bloody Marys were great though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Inviting YummyMarlenieGSVIPDined on 6/1/2014We love the crepes at Beau Monde and very helpful staff - friendly. We brought the kids and celebrated a birthday - might be nice if there were a few more kid-friendly options.Special Features:
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014I've been dining here since 2007 and it's the same great place to dine. It's my little "secret" but it's really too good to keep to yourselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in the neighborhoodleelovesitalianDined on 5/20/2014A taste of Paris right in the neighborhood, this restaurant is truly a gem. I love the wine prices & the food is délicieux! Always a treat to dine al fresco, but the inside has a great vibe too.Special Features: